Charting to Avoid January 2009 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 387 Old 01-29-2009, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome new people!

I am another one that doesn't mind condoms.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#362 of 387 Old 01-29-2009, 06:10 PM

#363 of 387 Old 01-29-2009, 06:55 PM

I actually just picked up my copy of TCOYF today. I wanted to take a nap when DS did but have been reading the whole time, lol. I really hope DH will trust me on this. I am excited about it actually. Every month my cycle symptoms are getting worse and worse. I feel so sick all the time!

As for condoms, I HATE them! I would sooner go without DTD
#364 of 387 Old 01-29-2009, 07:18 PM

get DH to read the relevant parts (the chapter that outlines the rules, mostly) that way he won't just have to trust you, he'll understand it.
#365 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 AM

Hi Heather! I started charting the first time before my mirena was actually removed- it took two and a half months before I started ovulating and that first cycle was a PITA, though.
Still no O here. I'm kind of freaking out slightly that something as innocuous as a condom reaction can delay O by a week or more. The GP's referred me for allergy tests, though, so I should know soon enough what's going on.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#366 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 09:41 AM

Helen - yeah I am worried about what will happen after it comes out. Right now I am pretty regular (even though it is suppose to stop AF) I have a 29/30 day cycle. I ovulate around day 15 with a 15 day LP. I swore I was PG a couple of times and when they couldnt find my strings I had an ultrasound. I have been keeping track of that since Nov. and now really researching how to REALLY keep track of all that stuff.

I hope you figure out what is going on pretty soon. I know I am allergic to latex and I cant stand them anyhow. Did you O or have AF when you had the Mirena?
#367 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 AM

Hope everyone is doing well here. I have unintentionally not been charting this month. We have been having alot of sleepless nights and eratic wake times. I am CD 17 and think I probably oed yesterday due to CP and CF I guess I will know in another 2 weeks. It is driving me more crazy than I expected not knowing what is going on.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#368 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two babes View Post
It is driving me more crasy than I expected not knowing what is going on.
i never thought of this, i bet i'd go nuts too. i guess that means i'll be charting for the rest of my (fertile) life
#369 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 12:07 PM

Ok, so I have a question....

I know I am on Mirena, and technically "not fertile" but yesterday and today are the first two days I have taken my temp (in preperation for it coming out in a week) and FF has marked yesterday and today as fertile....? I dont get it! Did I do something wrong? Am I miss reading something? I am only on CD8 with expected O on CD16 (compared to past cycles). I am confused.... maybe its just all out of wack because of the Mirena? I dont want to go into this having no clue what I am doing.
#370 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719 View Post

I know I am on Mirena, and technically "not fertile" but yesterday and today are the first two days I have taken my temp (in preperation for it coming out in a week) and FF has marked yesterday and today as fertile....? I dont get it! Did I do something wrong? Am I miss reading something? I am only on CD8 with expected O on CD16 (compared to past cycles). I am confused.... maybe its just all out of wack because of the Mirena? I dont want to go into this having no clue what I am doing.
can you post a link to your chart?
#371 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Temps can't tell you when you are potentially fertile. If this is your first chart on FF, my guess is that the software is assuming a 28 day cycle and is using day counting to figure fertile days.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#372 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 02:18 PM

I would post the link if I knew how... let me try this
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/heather719

I think it is because I recorded EWCM yesterday. I think thats what it was according to the deffinition in TCYF. I dont know... I feel like I am so clueless as to what my body is doing!

This is my first chart on FF but I recorded 2 other cycles and have a 29/30 day cycle so that should be right. My estimated O date isnt until CD16 with fertile days starting CD13.
#373 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I would post the link if I knew how... let me try this
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/heather719

I think it is because I recorded EWCM yesterday. I think thats what it was according to the deffinition in TCYF.
The link worked. Yep, it's because you recorded ewcf. Any time you have that you are considered potentially fertile.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#374 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Is there a way to manually move the ovulation date on my last cycle? I don't like FF showing a 14 day LP when I don't think that's what happened.

Last night I dreamed I was PG - and happy. So this morning AF is here... thank god!

DP wants us to use condoms all the time again. He wants me to "help him" resist temptation, so to speak. But I don't want to use them all the time. Is it wrong for me to ignore his request? FWIW, he suggested that last night and then within 5 minutes we were DTD without a condom - we always do withdrawal though. In any case, on day 28, I don't think it matters.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#375 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 03:12 PM

So what does that mean then? If I werent on the Mirena, DH and I should be "careful" right now? I am trying to figure out how to work this. Why would I be having EWCF or could I be miss interpreting it?

Sorry, I guess I am a little ignorant about this still. Thank-you for all the input and help!
#376 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

I just purged the list of people who did not post this month in anticipation of next month's thread. I don't have time to go back 3 months like texaspeach did. If anyone who has been removed wants to be added back on, send me a PM. Also, if you have an online chart that you'd like linked on the front page, send me the link in a PM and I'll add it next to your name.

#377 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggie View Post
Is there a way to manually move the ovulation date on my last cycle? I don't like FF showing a 14 day LP when I don't think that's what happened.

Last night I dreamed I was PG - and happy. So this morning AF is here... thank god!

DP wants us to use condoms all the time again. He wants me to "help him" resist temptation, so to speak. But I don't want to use them all the time. Is it wrong for me to ignore his request? FWIW, he suggested that last night and then within 5 minutes we were DTD without a condom - we always do withdrawal though. In any case, on day 28, I don't think it matters.
: for AF! To change your O day, click on the Tuning/Override button below the O Detector. In Detector Manual Override put in the O day and CL you want and click Override.

Personally, I think if you have good reason not to use condoms all the time and you know when you are safe, I don't see a problem with not using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719
So what does that mean then? If I werent on the Mirena, DH and I should be "careful" right now? I am trying to figure out how to work this. Why would I be having EWCF or could I be miss interpreting it?
If you have any CF other than your BIP, you should be careful, but especially if you have watery or ewcf. You could be misinterpreting it. I'm not very good at interpreting my cf and I've been charting for years. However, you should always err on the side of caution. Record the most fertile CF you think you see for the day. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

#378 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Also - I breathe through my mouth at night and it hasn't caused any problems for temping orally.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#379 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 07:15 PM

MarineWife I just wanted to say thanks for starting the threads, etc!
#380 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
MarineWife I just wanted to say thanks for starting the threads, etc!
Your welcome. I don't mind doing it at all.

I have been so bad this cycle so far at temping. I think I've only temped every other day. One problem is that my 19 month old keeps getting hold of my thermometers and hiding them from me. I found 2 behind my today. The other problem is that, since my dh is gone, I don't get woken up at a regular time. I've been staying up waaaaay later than usual, like until 2-4 am when we normally go to bed by 10 pm. That means I haven't been waking up until around noon (no lie! even with the 2 LOs. They just keep on sleeping with me. ). I've had almost nonexistent CF. I'm still very early in my cycle so it could be a long time before I O except that I had a very short anov cycle last time, which means anything goes. DH will be home in about 5 days so I need to get on the ball.

#381 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 09:44 PM

OMG MarineWife..how the heck do you get your lo to sleep that long. Did they stay up till 4am with you??? I am having a hard enough time getting my 15mo DS to sleep for 3 hours!! WHat I wouldn't give to sleep till noon!!
#382 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 11:10 PM

Does someone mind looking at my chart? Ovusoft keeps saying it can't identify ovulation, but sure looks like I did on CD23. Is it typical for ovusoft to take a couple days to identify o? TIA!

Melissa, NICU nurse, married to DH since 6/07, biggrinbounce.gifDS 5/31/10 h20homebirth.gif, Baby # 2 due 12/10/12 ***4***8stork-suprise.gif**12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40 

#383 of 387 Old 01-30-2009, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBmom_NICU_RN View Post
Does someone mind looking at my chart? Ovusoft keeps saying it can't identify ovulation, but sure looks like I did on CD23. Is it typical for ovusoft to take a couple days to identify o? TIA!
You need at least 3 consecutive high temps to confirm O. I think all you need is on more high temp for O to be confirmed for cd23. Ovusoft depends somewhat on how you have your preferences set. I think the default is to not confirm O until 4 days of CF dry up. You can change that. Wait until tomorrow's temp, though. If it's high, you'll get your confirmed O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy
OMG MarineWife..how the heck do you get your lo to sleep that long. Did they stay up till 4am with you??? I am having a hard enough time getting my 15mo DS to sleep for 3 hours!! WHat I wouldn't give to sleep till noon!!
Haha! I had a feeling someone might be jealous. My LOs do stay up late. Normally, it's 10-11 pm. Lately, 5yo ds has insisted on watching The Upside Down show on Noggin from 11-12 pm. After that, he goes to sleep pretty quickly. The baby is usually asleep before then but he does wake up 3-4 times a night to nurse and then go back to sleep. I could get them to sleep earlier if I turned off the lights and laid down with them. The problem with that is that I usually fall asleep early with them and I want to stay up later. This way I get my alone time without struggling with them to go to sleep or forcing myself to get back up after I've been asleep for 20-30 minutes. It works for me. We'll see how things change when dh comes home. I told him he'll have to work harder at getting the LOs to go to sleep earlier without me. DH says he's all over that but we've not had success with that in the past.

#384 of 387 Old 01-31-2009, 12:19 PM

I'm having a weird string of temps that are all the same I didn't temp yesterday because I got woken up by an early morning phone call to go to work and by the time I thought about it I was already up and out of bed. Based on my CF I'd say I either have ovulated or will ovulate soon plus I tend to O around day 14, which I just find hilarious because I never had a "typical" chart before and now since I cut down on my soy intake I'm Oing around day 14 and having around 28 day cycle.

Heather719 - I think the beauty of learning how to chart is getting to know your body better. I find sometimes with CF I have no idea what to put down and other times it's so blatently obvious. It does get easier and you'll start to notice your own patterns. It'll probably be much easier once your IUD comes out and your body readjusts. Good luck
#385 of 387 Old 01-31-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
You need at least 3 consecutive high temps to confirm O. I think all you need is on more high temp for O to be confirmed for cd23. Ovusoft depends somewhat on how you have your preferences set. I think the default is to not confirm O until 4 days of CF dry up. You can change that. Wait until tomorrow's temp, though. If it's high, you'll get your confirmed O.

Haha! I had a feeling someone might be jealous. My LOs do stay up late. Normally, it's 10-11 pm. Lately, 5yo ds has insisted on watching The Upside Down show on Noggin from 11-12 pm. After that, he goes to sleep pretty quickly. The baby is usually asleep before then but he does wake up 3-4 times a night to nurse and then go back to sleep. I could get them to sleep earlier if I turned off the lights and laid down with them. The problem with that is that I usually fall asleep early with them and I want to stay up later. This way I get my alone time without struggling with them to go to sleep or forcing myself to get back up after I've been asleep for 20-30 minutes. It works for me. We'll see how things change when dh comes home. I told him he'll have to work harder at getting the LOs to go to sleep earlier without me. DH says he's all over that but we've not had success with that in the past.

When I was a Marine my babies slept with me, all 3 of them. It got frustrating for me. DH and I tried the Supernanny technique to try and get the 2 oldest in their own beds. He always ended up sleeping on their floor. DS2 (#3) slept with me until this summer. I just started putting him with his brother and sister when we were on vacation. When we got home I put him in his room and he has been there ever since. DS1 and DD sleep in the same room, they are pretty much inseparable (I don't know what I'm going to do when they grow up), in bunk beds. DS3 sleeps in his crib until he wakes up to nurse for the 1st time (he wakes up like 4 times too!!) then I keep him with me. I put them all to bed at 7pm!!! So I get a few good hours of alone time! Downside is that they wake up at 6:30am!!! I guess we have longer days!!
#386 of 387 Old 02-01-2009, 01:02 PM

Hi, can I join? I've been Mirena free since August, and starting seriously CTA about 4 cycles ago. I'm kinda confused by this month though, could somebody take a look at my chart and if they think I've O'd yet? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/225b89 I know I need 3 high temps, but I thought thats what I had already. FF isnt saying I O'd yet. My temps so far this month are different from the past months, so I'm confused. Would you say I'm safe to DTD tonight??

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#387 of 387 Old 02-01-2009, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Here's the link

February 2009 Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page