Charting to Avoid January 2009 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 02:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, wouldn't it be easier if DH/DPs would just sit down and read the book for a half hour? Mine trusts me on whether or not to use a condom unless I've mentioned anything involving having another kid anytime soon but he doesn't understand it I don't think.

MarineMommy, could you try to explain it to him as you knew exactly what you were doing? Lol. Like, you've never O'd before CD18 before, so now this time, even though you O'd 5 or so days earlier than you ever have before, you were still totally safe DTD CD1 because of the these certain rules/facts...da da da. Maybe I didn't explain that very well, but...kwim?

ReikiMommy, congrats!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#122 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 AM

The men seem to think it's our responsibility to know all this stuff, and it is. But they think it's *only* our responsibility. They want to have little or nothing to do with it, but then say any slip/oops/scare is entirely our fault. "Excuse me, DH, but weren't you there when we DTD? Doesn't it 'take 2'?" Love that... : Now, in no way am I saying all men are like this! There must be exceptions somewhere and if you have one, give him an extra kiss or something! But mine is, and I see others are too... I take it with a grain of salt when I hear that any kind of natural BC method is a "couple method." IME it isn't.
The least they could do is read the rules online. It's not as involved as TCOYF and won't kill them to read and/or print out...
What really gets me is that they're the ones who are fertile all the time! So shouldn't they act accordingly? Apparently not...
OK, rant over. Good luck with your DHs/DPs!!
#123 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

My dh has read the rules and looked at my charts several times while I explained things to him. He just doesn't understand it.

Marinemommy ~ You're also covered because of the First 5 Days rule. Regardless of when you may or did O, you are safe the first 5 days of your cycle as long as the previous cycle was ovulatory and your lp was at least 10 or 12 (I can't remember which) days long.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#124 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 12:15 PM

I still have to explain quite a bit to DH. He did ask me a few weeks ago about how I knew it was safe to have sex after O, so I had to give him a quick lesson again. He seems to get it and then says something bone-headed like "I thought you were most fertile during your period?" Where the heck did THAT doozy come from? He's fine as long as I'm keeping him posted on what is going on. He trusts me and won't place the blame on me if something happens I got pregnant. It's a mutual decision.

I'm on CD2. No conception out of that irrational Christmas incomplete act of intercourse. My temps with this LP were sort of wonky. A lot of stress, illness, and falling off the wagon with nightweaning probably played a role. Still pretty straightforward cycle though, O on CD15 and a 10 day LP.

I'm trying out a Diva Cup the first time this cycle.
#125 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 12:15 PM

I've told dh that I have no idea what my cycles are doing or when (if) I will ovulate. I really think he tunes out when I start talking about these things. Lol It is entirely up to him when we dtd so if he does not pull out (which he doesn't) then there is always that chance. I sat him down not to long ago and told him all of this and that if we end up pregnant he is just as much "at fault." I like leaving it up to him when we dtd b/c I do want another baby and I don't trust myself to not initiate something if I think I might be ovulating. My thing is I just want to be certain he knows I am not going behind his back to try and get pregnant. I think I just said the same thing five different ways.
#126 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 12:19 PM

By the way, the people behind peeonastick.com are my personal heroes.
#127 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
then says something bone-headed like "I thought you were most fertile during your period?" Where the heck did THAT doozy come from? DH once asked me how I know I won't o 2 times in one cycle.
falling off the wagon with nightweaning probably played a role.
Glad to know I am not the only one who fell offthe wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
By the way, the people behind peeonastick.com are my personal heroes.
I love this site!

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#128 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 01:49 PM

So if you've definitely had a post-O thermal shift for 8dpo and then your temperature dramatically drops... does that signal an impending AF? The same day or the next day? I'm digging but can't figure out where in TCOYF it might be... I got a dip and am excited that I might be starting a new cycle soon! :
#129 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
So if you've definitely had a post-O thermal shift for 8dpo and then your temperature dramatically drops... does that signal an impending AF? The same day or the next day? I'm digging but can't figure out where in TCOYF it might be... I got a dip and am excited that I might be starting a new cycle soon! :
Based on your chart, it looks as though AF should arrive in the next day or so.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#130 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 01:58 PM

So, I'm pretty sure that I O'd. I had my third high temp this morning. Remember earlier I posted about a NYE indescretion? How I've never O'd before CD19? Make that CD 16 this month. : Last day of EW was CD 16, temp went up CD 17... So, it was 5 or 6 days since DTD. Yikes! It was on my very first day of creamy. I had 4 days of creamy before I turned to EW. Please tell me my chances are low. I only had two days of EW (compared to 4 or 5.) Totally figures. Oh well, I will be a bit psycho for the next two weeks.
#131 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, cfiddlinmama. Your chances of being pg are very low.

DucetteMama21842 ~ Some women get a temp drop right before AF shows. That could be what's going on with you. It's also possible for AF to not show yet and for your temp to go back up, especially mid-lp since you can get a temp dip then from the mid-lp estrogen surge.

cahwilson ~ That's pretty much what I did with my dh. I explained how it all works a few times. He read the FAM rules and the info on withdrawal and agreed. He has access to my charts plus I keep him updated on how things are going with my cycles. If he initiates sex, then it's his responsibility to do the right thing. However, now that I've decided things are not going to be conducive to us having another baby I find that I'm not really interested in dtd. It's just too much bother having to wake myself from an almost sleep, get out of bed and go into another room, dtd, then hurry up and get cleaned up and redressed and back into my bed before one of the LOs wakes up. I'm sure things would be different if I didn't have LOs in bed with me that I have to lay down with to get to sleep.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#132 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 03:59 PM

: cfiddlinmama, ITA. Very low chances.
#133 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 04:06 PM

Why, on a Catholic forum page discussing NFP, does it say that some nurses and other women have experienced multiple O's in one cycle? (Not singling out Catholics here at all, that's just where I saw it.) You can't O more than once, right? You can have EWCM and then have delayed or no O, but you can't O twice, isn't that how it goes? Very confused, just b/c one source says one thing, and another says something else... No wonder there's still "mysteries" whether real or perceived, around the menstrual cycle. It wouldn't be so bad if everyone calling themselves resources got the info right.
#134 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
Why, on a Catholic forum page discussing NFP, does it say that some nurses and other women have experienced multiple O's in one cycle? (Not singling out Catholics here at all, that's just where I saw it.) You can't O more than once, right? You can have EWCM and then have delayed or no O, but you can't O twice, isn't that how it goes? Very confused, just b/c one source says one thing, and another says something else...
I think there are a couple of issues here. One is that some people are using the terms incorrectly. It is possible to O twice in one cycle when a woman releases 2 eggs. When that happens, though, both eggs are released within 24 hours of each other. That's how fraternal twins occur. So, it may be that the people who are saying they had multiples Os are talking about that type of situation and just not being clear about it.

Another is that some people don't understand how it all works biologically. Many people don't seem to understand the mid-lp estrogen surge that can cause the appearance of more fertile CF after O and possible 2nd temp hike that makes a chart triphasic. They seem to think this means they have had another O about a week after the first, which doesn't happen. I'm hesitant to say it's impossible because I think anything is possible. Everything I have read, though, says once O occurs and progesterone levels rise all the other maturing eggs are reabsorbed by the body and no other egg will be released.

#135 of 387 Old 01-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Thanks MarineWife, that's pretty much what I've read from what I know to be credible sources too.
#136 of 387 Old 01-10-2009, 11:44 AM

AF made her debut yesterday afternoon! It was really cool to be able to have impending predictions about that. I'd never been able to really figure out my cycles before. So... starting my second cycle and I'm on cd2 today! Thrilled that we made it through our first cycle of CTA with no problems whatsoever! :::
#137 of 387 Old 01-10-2009, 07:10 PM

Congrats Danile! And : I like the empowerment/knowledge charting provides about our cycles too.
#138 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 03:11 AM

Hi all! I'm charting my first cycle off the minipill. Its been interesting! I didn't realize I have really low BBT's...like 96.5, 96.8...i guess if that keeps up I'll show my doc next time I go in! I'm so glad to be off the hormones though!

Melissa, NICU nurse, married to DH since 6/07, biggrinbounce.gifDS 5/31/10 h20homebirth.gif, Baby # 2 due 12/10/12 ***4***8stork-suprise.gif**12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40 

#139 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 04:53 AM

Hi everyone! I am 8 weeks PP, pumping (and now nursing a little, too! ) and looking to start CTA. I've read TCOYF since havign DD, and before I got pg w/ DD I tracked symptoms/CF but didn't temp (but knew that the night we DTD there was a good chance of getting pg).
I'm a little nervous about CTA while BF'ing... is there hope that I'll be able to do it while nursing and we won't have to use condoms all the time? Is that a subjective thing?
Any tips, info, and advice would be greatly appreciated!

doula, wife to Dave ribbonyellow.gif, mom to Noah (5/14/06) superhero.gifand Faith (11/13/08) ribbonlime.gif (Gastroschisis Awareness) 127 days in the NICU, and 6 weeks thousands of miles from home, because of gastroschisis.  Expecting #3 2ndtri.gif July 2011! computergeek2.gif www.frugallynatural.org
#140 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBmom_NICU_RN View Post
Hi all! I'm charting my first cycle off the minipill. Its been interesting! I didn't realize I have really low BBT's...like 96.5, 96.8...i guess if that keeps up I'll show my doc next time I go in! I'm so glad to be off the hormones though!
Is that really low?
Mine are always low like that early.
Pre o I mean

#141 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBmom_NICU_RN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two babes
Is that really low?
Mine are always low like that early.
Pre o I mean
Average or norm temps are 97.0-97.5 pre-O and above 97.5 post-O. If your temps are consistently lower than that, it could be a sign of a problem like hypothyroidism. Since those are averages, though, you could have lower temps and be fine.

#142 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Average or norm temps are 97.0-97.5 pre-O and above 97.5 post-O. If your temps are consistently lower than that, it could be a sign of a problem like hypothyroidism. Since those are averages, though, you could have lower temps and be fine.
My wife is exclusively BFing and 8 weeks PP.

Her temps have been between 96.2 - 96.9 for the last 23 days (when we started charting PP).

Wife + Me = Paige 11/08 and Hanna 1/11 h20homebirth.gif
#143 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM

just checking in, expect AF in a day or two.
#144 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
If your temps are consistently lower than that, it could be a sign of a problem like hypothyroidism. Since those are averages, though, you could have lower temps and be fine.
:

I have some of the other classic symptoms as well and I'm pretty sure my grandma has thyroid issues too. Might explain why its so hard for me to loose weight!

Melissa, NICU nurse, married to DH since 6/07, biggrinbounce.gifDS 5/31/10 h20homebirth.gif, Baby # 2 due 12/10/12 ***4***8stork-suprise.gif**12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40 

#145 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
AF made her debut yesterday afternoon! It was really cool to be able to have impending predictions about that. I'd never been able to really figure out my cycles before. So... starting my second cycle and I'm on cd2 today! Thrilled that we made it through our first cycle of CTA with no problems whatsoever! :::
that's a really good feeling isn't it? :
#146 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 05:59 PM

How do you add your chart to you sig using the charting smilie?

#147 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBmom_NICU_RN View Post
How do you add your chart to you sig using the charting smilie?
I'm not good at using the correct language to explain computer stuff but I'll try. Use the weblink button to post your chart link. After it's posted in your sig, just put the chart symbol over the 2nd part of the link that highlighted in blue.

My cycle is going to be very boring this time. DH is gone for about a month. Since my cycles have been all over the map I have no idea how things will be when he gets back. According to my stats, I should be Oing just about that time but who knows.

#148 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 08:35 PM

Ok, so I thought I wasn't PG but maybe I am.? AF has gone already, after 2 days of very heavy flow with early-labor-like contractions, then yesterday was much less severe cramps and very light flow that was down to spotting by afternoon, and then stopped. Today I've been nauseated and tired. I've never had such a short AF, but maybe it just is this time... Or do you think I should test? I also thought maybe it was an early M/C... I really don't know what to think exactly.
#149 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 11:01 PM

My lovely sweeties just came down and handed me my broken thermometer!! THe tip was completely broken off and hanging by wires. Should I be worried about mercury poisining? I didn't see any liquid, just wires. To top it all off, I think I'm ovulating right now. I am having cramps on my right side been going on for like 15 min. HOw long does mittleschmerz(sp?) last? I'm sending my sister to get me a new one now!!
#150 of 387 Old 01-11-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
SO could this cause problems in TTC?
Not that we are trying here
Some of my pre o temps are in the range of 96.8

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page