Charting to Avoid January 2009 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-13-2009, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momongeon View Post
something is really messed up with ff for me. when I click on anyone's chart I don't see a chart at all. that includes my own. I can see it through the site but not if I click on my siggie. then when I go to the site I can't click on any of the options on the left side of the page. Not sure what is going on there but is anyone else having that problem
I see your chart too. Did you figure out what was up with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
The man would know better, right? I don't have much experience with condoms. Only time will tell either way.
Our DS was a condom baby There was no visable breaks.

Quote:
For hyperthyroid I felt like I was on speed but I was really tired. I had palpitations when I was trying to sleep. I never lost weight but I was ALWAYS eating b/c I was ravenously hungry all the time. My blood sugar dropped into the 40's one time that I know of and I felt shaky all the time. That is about all I remember about hyperthyroid from a personal experience but people can have dramatic weight loss and their eyes can begin to protrude from their face if left untreated. Hypothyroidism is where I have the most experience b/c now that I don't have a thyroid I am living to prevent it. I start to feel sluggish, I gain weight, and I feel (and act) depressed. Your heart rate may be slower. You may be very tired all the time despite sleeping normally. Sometimes it it too subtle to notice so that is why it is not a bad idea to check it out.
I will get mine checked just to be on the safe side thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
I just got a positive OPK: My ovaries might work after all! I am so excited. I have never peed on anything and made it positive! :: Sorry I am having a moment here.
This is how you become a POAS addict

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
it looks like i'm going to have a rogue 13 day LP this cycle. i usually have 12 days, but have been having more 11s as of late, and here's a 13. i think i'm going to start reading up on lengthening the LP, 13 or 14 days consistently would be really nice, lol.
Is there any reason to lengthen it, or even make it consistent when CTA? I don't really know how long mine is, I just kind of guess. But I do know I O around the new moon and menstruate around the full, so I just use that.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:59 AM

I am at work now and I am able to stalk all of you except cahwilson yours comes up as giberish. I think something is up with my computer or maybe my account I will check it out later.
I am a little worried b/c I am starting to work more night shifts but not enough to get a consistent temp time but enough to make my chart inconsistant. I notice that my temp is much higher after sleeping the whole day so much so I didn't chart it the other day. It was like 98.5 I have been in the 97 range this month and I am 14 dpo. I think I will O around normal time like 17 dpo but I hate being inconsistant. Anyone know if there is a way to accurately adjust temps?

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 AM

Hey Ladies, Haven't been following this thread much lately, but as I approach O I'm starting to pay more attention.

cahwilson - Congrats!

Hopefully again, that no one is pregnant who doesn't want to be.

My temp jumped today, but I don't think it's O yet, I had to take my temp twice as the memory function didn't work. I'll take it out if it causes problems when it does look like O.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 01-14-2009, 01:22 PM

Yay cahwilson! Btw your chart isn't working for me either...

Meghan, I don't know how to adjust temps in FF, I only know how to throw them out. But in general I think it's a tenth of a degree higher for every half hour you sleep in, or lower for the earlier you get up. I don't know how that would work with shift work...when I slept twice a day in grad school I could not rely on my temps at all because they were high and all over the place.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 01-14-2009, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

I think I read or heard once that most condom oopses are because of tiny pinprick holes in them that can't be seen with the naked eye. The other thing I read more recently is that if the man stays inside the woman for too long afterward (I guess long enough that he gets soft and the condom doesn't fit right anymore) you can get pg because the semen can spill out.

There is a temp adjuster feature in FF. Not sure if it's available to everyone or just paid memberships. The general rule is 0.1 degree higher for every half hour later and 0.1 degree lower for every half hour earlier. It's not a good idea to adjust temps, though, because that will make your chart less accurate. I don't know what to do about shift work. I think TCOYF says you need to pay more attention to CF.

cahwilson's chart link is actually to her RSS feed. If you click on the first link on the page that comes up, you'll get her chart.

I don't think there's really any need to do or take anything to make your cycle or lp longer or more consistent or regular when cta. I guess if your hormones are really messed up, it might be a good idea to do something about it since it could be a sign of something serious.

I didn't take my temp this morning because I woke up so late. I didn't feel like it. I have a question about CF. If you don't see or feel anything when you wipe but have some smearing on your panties, would you record that as dry or sticky?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 01-14-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I think I read or heard once that most condom oopses are because of tiny pinprick holes in them that can't be seen with the naked eye.
Wonderful. Lol

Quote:
cahwilson's chart link is actually to her RSS feed. If you click on the first link on the page that comes up, you'll get her chart.
Ohhhh yes. That does work.

Quote:
I have a question about CF. If you don't see or feel anything when you wipe but have some smearing on your panties, would you record that as dry or sticky?
I don't know if there is a rule for that but I usually play it safe, so I would put sticky. I usually record the most CF that I can, whether it's on my underwear, felt when wiping, or actually observed, etc.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:27 PM

: sticky.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. You'd think after doing this for years I'd have it all figured out. CF still confuses me a lot of the time.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
Is there any reason to lengthen it, or even make it consistent when CTA? I don't really know how long mine is, I just kind of guess. But I do know I O around the new moon and menstruate around the full, so I just use that.
no reason other than i'd like to have more safe days, and i'd prefer a longer than 11-12 day LP when i do eventually TTC. implantation usually happens on day 7-10 post O, so it should be fine, but if it was longer i wouldn't complain.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Thanks. You'd think after doing this for years I'd have it all figured out. CF still confuses me a lot of the time.
CF confuses me too. I know I have reported the same types as different names. It is all so similar to me. Is there anything I need to do to my chart so others can see it better?

I need to confess too that I am an idiot. I got a positive OPK on Tuesday afternoon and night, and then yesterday got a negative (not an absent line, but not darker than the control- like the surge was ending). SO I have been informing dh of this since I was so excited to maybe ovulate.

Anyways I told him it was back to negative on Wed and we dtd last night.

Well he didn't pull out and afterwards I asked why not and he said b/c your ovulation thing was negative today. Clearly he did not understand what the OPK meant.

Edited for TMI details LOL and to shorten since I decided I'm not stressin!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:55 PM

cahwilson. Your chart looks crazy to me (sorry) so I'm not sure how to interpret it at this point, but hopefully you were ok.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Is there anything I need to do to my chart so others can see it better?
In your signature, delete this part of the link: /rss3975.xml The link should then just be: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/220ada
Then it will link directly to your chart, instead of to the RSS feed for your chart. HTH!

cahwilson - I'm no expert, but a positive OPK doesn't always mean you'll ovulate, and if it does, you could ovulate anytime in the next 2-3 days. Once you have, the first egg can stick around for more than six hours, though I'm not sure exactly how long, and there is always the possibility that you could O from your other ovary within the next 24 hours. Just looking at you chart, you probably haven't O'd yet, but if you O anytime in the next 5 days or so, it would be possible to get pg. Not sure if that helps any, but

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Old 01-15-2009, 03:44 PM

I may be back here. My iud fell out this morning. It's only been in since Oct. :

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
I may be back here. My iud fell out this morning. It's only been in since Oct. :
oh, that's really irritating! : but then again, i guess bodies expell those things for a reason...

CD 2 over here anyway.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the hugs! I decided I am not going to stress over this. We've had scares before and all of them have been for nothing, so I am not going to worry. OPK was negative today so I will just see my temp does. My chart is crazy! lol I have been sick and breathing through my mouth and the beginning temps are irrelevant b/c I was waking up at crazy times. This was the first "cycle" that I have been this crampy though. It started on the left ovary about 5 days ago, then it was both sides, and now it is the right side. So I really have no indication of when (if) ovulation occured except for the OPK's.

Thanks for the link to my chart. I think I got it fixed.

I cannot imagine having an IUD fall out! I don't know much about them, but I'm sure that was annoying if not painful?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Yep, your chart looks all better now.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the hugs! I decided I am not going to stress over this. We've had scares before and all of them have been for nothing, so I am not going to worry. OPK was negative today so I will just see my temp does. My chart is crazy! lol I have been sick and breathing through my mouth and the beginning temps are irrelevant b/c I was waking up at crazy times. This was the first "cycle" that I have been this crampy though. It started on the left ovary about 5 days ago, then it was both sides, and now it is the right side. So I really have no indication of when (if) ovulation occured except for the OPK's.

I cannot imagine having an IUD fall out! I don't know much about them, but I'm sure that was annoying if not painful?
cahwilson, can you refresh my poor memory about the beginning of your chart? Cause just looking at temps alone, and the fact that the beginning of your chart did not start with AF, it almost looks like you ovulated around CD3? And you are 15 DPO? Why are the first couple of temps open circles? I don't want to alarm you but when I first glanced at your chart, the thing that popped into my head was "she's pregnant". So put my mind at ease and fill me in with the rest of the details so your chart will make sense!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 PM

The first 3 temps on there were from crazy hours in the night (like 1:15am). It wasn't until I was in the 97 range that it was the same time every morning. Since using the hormones it seems I only build up a lining to shed about every 6-8 weeks. So that is why no period. I just had to jump in and start somewhere kwim?

The only thing I really have to go by is the positive OPK and cramps around my ovaries. My CM got really heavy (for lack of a better word) and then I assumed I wasn't going to ovulate so I quit paying attention to it. LOL in other words my chart tells me basically nothing! I wonder if using the progesterone/estrogen makes my temps less clear too. I use twice as much progesterone during the luteal phase which I started at day 14. Gosh I don't know. I guess if my temp goes up for 2 more days than I did actually ovulate.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
cahwilson, can you refresh my poor memory about the beginning of your chart? Cause just looking at temps alone, and the fact that the beginning of your chart did not start with AF, it almost looks like you ovulated around CD3? And you are 15 DPO? Why are the first couple of temps open circles? I don't want to alarm you but when I first glanced at your chart, the thing that popped into my head was "she's pregnant". So put my mind at ease and fill me in with the rest of the details so your chart will make sense!
I had forgotten about that. It does look like O possibly occurred on cd3. However, I think she had recently stopped taking progesterone, which should've stopped an egg from maturing. It doesn't always work, though.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:10 AM

Anyone confused by CF/CM should check out Billings and/or Creighton material. There's free FAQ's etc around. They only go by CM, so they're explanations are pretty clear. I was sure when I started charting that I wouldn't be able to tell what was what, but it was just as they said--after the first month I knew what I was doing.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 AM

Quote:
I am a little worried b/c I am starting to work more night shifts but not enough to get a consistent temp time but enough to make my chart inconsistant. I notice that my temp is much higher after sleeping the whole day so much so I didn't chart it the other day. It was like 98.5 I have been in the 97 range this month and I am 14 dpo. I think I will O around normal time like 17 dpo but I hate being inconsistant. Anyone know if there is a way to accurately adjust temps?
I also work 12hr night shifts 3 days a week. What I've been doing is set an alarm for 3hrs after I go to sleep (usually 11am), take my temp, then go back to sleep. When I'm off I take it at 6am when DH get's up. My temps have been pretty consistent so far. Hope that helps!

Melissa, NICU nurse, married to DH since 6/07, biggrinbounce.gifDS 5/31/10 h20homebirth.gif, Baby # 2 due 12/10/12 ***4***8stork-suprise.gif**12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40 

Old 01-16-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Anyone confused by CF/CM should check out Billings and/or Creighton material. There's free FAQ's etc around. They only go by CM, so they're explanations are pretty clear. I was sure when I started charting that I wouldn't be able to tell what was what, but it was just as they said--after the first month I knew what I was doing.
Thanks I will have to check that out. I kinda just put down whatever. If I get another high temp tomorrow I think I will get crosshairs on the 14th. Which is when I am thinking I ovulated.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:06 PM

Thank you ReikiMommy07 and MarineMommy for your replies and input.
It is much appreciated.

(If I weren't feeling so lousy with this psudo flu I'd go DTD right now. lol.)

You ladies are great. I'll be back if I have more questions.

-- Miss 1928 -- and Opera Singing Mamma to Eloisa -- 12 Feb 2007
-- Wife to a Wonderful Husband and Pianist -- 27 March 2003
Old 01-16-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss 1928 View Post
Thank you ReikiMommy07 and MarineMommy for your replies and input.
It is much appreciated.

(If I weren't feeling so lousy with this psudo flu I'd go DTD right now. lol.)

You ladies are great. I'll be back if I have more questions.
I mean, thank you for your replies to my post No. 168 way back on page 9

I'm sorry that it took me a few days to get back here.

-- Miss 1928 -- and Opera Singing Mamma to Eloisa -- 12 Feb 2007
-- Wife to a Wonderful Husband and Pianist -- 27 March 2003
Old 01-16-2009, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So, according to the Billings Method, I'm still having dry days since I haven't noticed any mucous at my vulva and I have a dry vaginal sensation even though I have noticed some stuff on my panties? That does seem easier since it's either BIP or fertile. Now is a perfect time for me to try to understand my CF again since dh is gone. I think part of my problem, though, is that I don't have the same pattern every cycle, whether because I'm breastfeeding or because of PCOS. Do you know why, when avoiding pregnancy, intercourse is safe only on alternate days during the BIP.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:00 PM

CD 8 and I think AF is FINALLY over. I've been spotting/light for like three days and it's driving me nuts. I never had such heavy days nor this long of a period this cycle... I hope it means my body is really working on regulating the hormones back to normal postpartum. Anyway... I'm getting excited because my chart is SOOO much more stable this time and I'm dying to predict my O again! :

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
uuughh so annoying. I am getting an IUD soon but I plan to keep on charting. I wonder why it fell out after all that time? I heard it normally falls out in 6 weeks or so if it is going to happen at all.

Nothing much going on here. Just finishing up AF so the condoms need to come out for awhile
Old 01-16-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Do you know why, when avoiding pregnancy, intercourse is safe only on alternate days during the BIP.
This is recommended so that you can get an accurate assessment of your CF and not have it influenced by semen. The thought process is similar to NFP. If you are dry on CD 6, for example, and you DTD unprotected, then you should have CF on CD 7 that could be semen. So you abstain on CD 7 and if you are dry on CD 8, then you can DTD unprotected again. If you have a wet or slippery feeling on CD 8, it is most likely not residual semen and should be counted as fertile.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

User Tag List