Wanting But Waiting Tribe *2009* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 447 Old 01-20-2009, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJazzy1 View Post
Hey, my LO is 7 1/2 months old... AF arrived 6 weeks pp even though I am EBFing. DH and I would like to wait until he is a year old...
I got AF back at 11 weeks despite bfing around the clock and it nearly ended our nursing relationship. I feel for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oztok5 View Post
Thank you for the advice about the vitamins. I think I'm going to go with the New Chapter ones. I had seen them before, but the price put me off. The 50% off from Vitaglo makes them much more reasonable!
No problem. I was : when I started reading so many people on MDC complain about how expensive the New Chapter prenatals are, but they were paying full price for Rainbow Light and spending more on prenatals than I was (and taking twice as many pills)! We really try hard never to pay full price for supplements. Vitacost and Vitaglo are my best friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
So our new start date is Jan 2010. This gives us extra time to pay off debt and save, too. (Can you change that on the list? Thanks!)
All fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
Vitamns... someone educate me. What is 'food based'?
Food based means that the vitamins are the type that occur naturally as opposed to being synthetic. They also are absorbed into the body easier/faster. With other vitamins, they contain what the label says, but your body might only absorb a percentage of that so you aren't getting everything you think you are. Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila1213 View Post
Hi! I think I belong here.
I added you. Let me know if you want a month or season listed next to your name.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#62 of 447 Old 01-20-2009, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post

Can we share the reasons we are waiting to ttc?
I am waiting until June 2009, here's my list of reasons why:

-We're traveling to Peru in two days, and so I definitely wanted to wait until after we went. I want to drink pisco sours with abandon, use coco tea to help acclimate to altitude when we climb machu picchu, and generally just enjoy the trip without being pregnant. I had to stress to DH that we could NOT have an "oops" last month or this month, or I'd be puking my way through Peru!

-I have a large breast lump that my surgeon recommended to have removed before having #2, b. At my regular monitoring appointment last week though, I discussed what the risks are of just leaving it (its benign) There aren't really any risks right now, so I decided I'd rather wait to have it out. I had/have a really wonderful breastfeeding relationship with DD, and don't want to risk my milk supply for future nurslings as a result of a poor outcome from the surgery. Since I had anticipated needing to wean, wait 3 months, have the surgery, recover, and then get pregnant, not having the surgery moves up our time frame a bit!

- I would like to work part time, rather than full time when I have #2. I really like what I do, so don't want to stop working, but I also don't want someone else raising the kiddos. Right now I work 1.5 days from home, so I have a good amount of time with DD, but I can't work from home with 2 kids with the demands of my job. We're close to paying off just about all debt except the mortgage, so next year we'll be in a solid position for me to cut back on work.

-I would really love it if DD could start preschool while I am on maternity leave, but that means not getting pregnant until Sept-Oct.

-Finally, and this is a really recent development, I might be going to Europe for 2 weeks in May. I'm a part time MBA student, and it looks like I have convinced my work to pay for a 2 week study travel course that counts as one of my electives. I had horrible morning sickness with DD, and so don't want to be sick while traveling on my own.

So, given all these considerations, I think we will start trying the beginning of May. May 1 will be our 5 year anniversary, I think that will be a good time to start! It was 5 months of not preventing (I can't actually say trying!) to get pregnant, who knows how long it will take this time!

Oops... this got kinda long!
Lindsay

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
#63 of 447 Old 01-20-2009, 05:07 PM

Before my DS was born (June 2007) I had imagined we'd start planning for baby #2 after about a year or so. But we are waiting waiting waiting (even though I would love for him to have a sibling)

Reasons?

1) DS is still not big on solids so I want to make sure he has plenty of breastmilk as long as he needs it.
2) He is TERRIBLE sleeper and I am hugely sleep deprived. Even the idea of pregnancy at this point seems ridiculous.
3) He is also quite spirited and I think he needs more time on his own with just me and DH.
4) My pregnancy with DS was rough. It was very healthy but I had horrible all day "morning" sickness from 6-14 weeks and then just as I started feeling better I developed SPD and spent the rest of my pregnancy hobbling around and not being able to roll over in bed. Cannot imagine chasing a toddler if that happened again.

So we are waiting.

Wife to DHguitar.gif, Mama to DS1 luxlove.gifribbonjigsaw.gif (06/2007) and DS2 baby.gif (06/2013), missing babies (mc 08/2006 @ 5 weeks) and (missed mc 06/2012 @ 11 weeks)

#64 of 447 Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM

We are so excited for TTC, and having a child, however, for now, we are waiting. Here's why

1 neither of us have jobs

2 we are both living with our parents (hoping to move out in about 1-3 months though)

3 we need to learn to be frugal so that we do the struggling when the only ones lacking because we made a big budgeting oops is ourselves, not our children. (ok, I do. he's pretty used to it, but I want to learn with him a new method of being frugal that involves super healthy food lol.)

4 we want to get married first

5 we've had a long distance relationship for years. I want him with me to myself for a bit

6 I'd really love to have a house first, however, being really close to a down-payment would also be acceptable. (like, close enough when TTC that by the time baby is 1ish, we are in a house.)

7 we are in a position where I can be a SAHM. this is vital to both of us, though thanks to a bunch of ladies at MDC, i'm a lot less worried about how long that will take us. You've shown me that as long as its important to you to make that work, you can find a way no matter how little your making.

8 we want a baby? ok, ya caught me, the opposite of a reason to wait. unfortunately, the others are really good reasons. *pouts* Just got to keep thinking of #s 4 and 5, those ones, while less important to my head, appease my body for a little while. And between the two of them, my body and my head can overpower my heart and soul. For a few years. Ok, I guess marriage isn't a body thing, its a heart thing, but whatever.

oh, and btw, BF just keeps giving me all these delightful little tidbits that just thrill me through. Reminding me that we don't have too long to wait, and that we really do want the same things.

two nights ago, I was saying how in this economy, no matter how much we want kids, maybe we might be better off waiting 10 or 15 years (which so wouldn't happen anyways but ya know. knowing me, we'd have a brood of oopses first lol), and he said "no way. I want to have our kids sooner. I want to have our kids when I'm still young and we both have the energy to run around after toddlers, and besides I want to see you a mommy." god I love the man. knows how to make a baby-fevered lass feel good. plus he was telling the truth. :

and then last night, I was saying that maybe I didn't have to be a SAHM, I mean, I really want to, but I don't want him to have to do work he hates or anything to make it work, and he said that he didn't mind, he'd work any job he needed to so that I could stay home with our kids, that it was super important to him that our kids be raised by him and me, and not strangers in day care or a babysitter, and one of us was home with them *swoon* :

and the other day, we were talking about our farm (the one we want to have, thats more of a home-stead/mini-farm than a farm, as in, not selling much farm-products likely, though we'll see), and talking about where we'll find the land, and talking about things it needed, fertile soil, clean water, enough space (how much is enough), an affordable price, etc, and I mentioned a good school district, and he said, I don't know, I've thought maybe we should homeschool our kids. And I said yes!! (because I think that I would love to homeschool (or unschool or something like that) our kids, but was worried it was a tad too out of mainstream and he wouldn't like it.) *melts and swoons* :

I was rereading this, and I realize that this is probably not normal 18 year old behavior, swooning because your BF tells you you will look beautiful pregnant or he can't wait to see you with our child, or he wants you to stay home with the kids, or he wants to home school them, but its exactly what delights me, exactly what I want. And stories of the guinea pig court, because, well, guinea pigs are awesome. lol Now, universe, lord, goddess, help me make it happen and soon!!

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
#65 of 447 Old 01-21-2009, 01:14 AM

I've been wanting for a few months now, but as DS is rapidly approaching toddlerhood, my baby-fever is getting more and more intense. We're tentatively planning on TTC starting in Oct '09 but, even though there are so many reasons to wait even longer than that, I have a hard time imagining waiting 9 more months before TTC.

I just had a big finances and goals talk with DH and am cautiously hopeful that we will be TTC next fall and I will be able to stay home for at least a year. So many things are up in the air right now though, with DH's educational goals, his career advancement, our "upside down" mortgage, and on and on. But if we wait for EVERYTHING to sort out, we'll never have another baby.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#66 of 447 Old 01-28-2009, 04:41 AM

Now my sperm donor is saying maybe we should go ahead before the summer vacation....he can't make up his mind. Although I'm really wanting to ttc ASAP, I still don't think I would enjoy being pregnant while away on holiday, I would be worrying about things and not have as good a time. Anyone have some insight on this subject?

The job promotion I'm hoping to get between Feb and May is still within reach for me. I'm working hard to make it happen, and still have faith I will achieve it which will substantially increase my income.

I am beginning to meal plan healthier meals, have smaller portions, and am looking into which ttc+pregnancy supplement I should start taking, including folic acid. -Sticking to this will be the difficult part for me, I love junk food and huge portions but I have to remind myself I need to be healthy for the baby.

Lastly, I have to say I am so excited and overwhelmed by all this. I can't believe this time next year I might be 8 months pregnant! I am a little scared too. Sometimes I feel I physically ache for my second pregnancy, newborn, child etc does anyone else? Baby fever is forever increasing in me.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#67 of 447 Old 01-28-2009, 01:37 PM

Samy's post made me think... what are everyones plans before TTC? For example....

We want to start TTC in Jan 2010. We should have all our credit card debt gone by Nov. I'm going off bc in Aug. (4 months is enough time to get back to normal, right?). I'll prolly start vitamins and folic acid then, too, just incase we get an early +.

How bout you?

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#68 of 447 Old 01-28-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post
Lastly, I have to say I am so excited and overwhelmed by all this. I can't believe this time next year I might be 8 months pregnant! I am a little scared too. Sometimes I feel I physically ache for my second pregnancy, newborn, child etc does anyone else? Baby fever is forever increasing in me.
I don't have baby fever super bad yet (part of the reason why I am waiting until the end of the year- I know I am not ready yet!), but I get twinges every now and then when I see pics of a little baby or spend some time with one. I didn't even get twinges a year ago so it is definitely increasing in me, too. I still think of DS as a baby but when I am with an actual baby it is obvious he is so not a baby and that's when I start to want one.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#69 of 447 Old 01-30-2009, 02:53 PM

Hi, I do not have a lot of time to post, but I wanted to say I am so glad I found this tribe! :

I am waiting until summer/fall 2009 and it is killing me!! Many reasons for waiting (finances, new job, almost-3 year old still Bfing, recent relocation, DH not working & starting a business, no house yet...)

I am glad there are others out there going through this, it is hard! I have baby fever bad, DD and DH are enthusiastic about babies, I am 36 in April, there's only so much waiting I can do! I look forward to reading and posting here, thanks!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#70 of 447 Old 01-30-2009, 08:46 PM

Hi! Just found this thread...

We're waiting until Feb-June 2010, depending on when DH returns from his next deployment. We just miscarried at 11 wks...we were due at the end of July, so we would have had the baby anywhere from immediately to 4 months before he is due to deploy. We don't want to have a baby or be pregnant while he is gone, so we're waiting. I wish we could ttc before we can. I like the 3 year spacing of my girls. But here we are.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#71 of 447 Old 01-31-2009, 01:43 AM

we have a dd, who will be 6 in april - originally we thought we would ttc when she was 1 and have 3 total, but decided at that point that we were full and liking it just how it was. now, just recently, in the past 2-3 months, we are thinking about ttc seriously in 2009. dd would love it, has been asking for a sibling since she turned 4.

so, i think it would be safe to put us on the ttc list for 2009 :-)) - wow, first time i have "said" that "out loud", feels ok.

why we aren't ttc today - mainly financial. we are in the process of selling a farm and getting rid of our debt. it would be after that.

what i feel i need to do to prepare for this process - vitamins, consistent exercise, better family routine prepping for the addition, things like that.

best wishes to all!
#72 of 447 Old 02-02-2009, 05:15 PM

May I join you?

I just heard about Mothering.com and have seen a couple of you girls on the CTA board. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to TTC right now.... but DH doesnt. I currently have and IUD that comes out on 2/5 (yeah) and am already charting and hope to CTA until I get DH onboard with #2. DS just turned 2 last week but are TTA because we currently live with my BIL in his house after his divorce 2yrs ago. He couldnt afford the mortgage without us. We are also waiting until my car is paid off in a couple months to free up some finances. I would be thrilled if we got PG now. I think DH would be too to be honest. I think he is just really cautious about finances.

I guess that would put me in the TTA until further notice catagory.
#73 of 447 Old 02-03-2009, 11:29 PM

Hey everyone!

This thread fits us. I am suffering severe baby fever as my siggy says, LOL. We are waiting until late 2010/early 2011 to TTC. DH and I are both about to start LPN school in a few months and we plan on working a lot to save up a down payment for a house. As soon as we buy a house, we plan to start trying. The waiting is killing me!

Suffering severe baby fever : with my DH and my DD (12/5/03) :
Planning on TTC in 2010!! :
#74 of 447 Old 02-04-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshia View Post
The waiting is killing me!
You and me both, sister!!

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#75 of 447 Old 02-05-2009, 06:14 PM

May I join? I'm not sure exactly which column to put me, although we are definitely trying this year. It could be as early as April or as "late" as August.

We are waiting due to my wife still being in school until August (hence the "late" date) and because we are trying desperately to get her back to work (she's been SAHM to our 2 year old DD) and struggling with the economic downturn to do so. The earlier option has to do with a lovely "perfect" break in my work situation that would make mat leave much. much easier.

I've been quietly tracking cm since November and taking a multivitamin, and just started a folic acid supp in January. Monday starts the new exercise regime and the next period brings basal body thermometers, OPK's, and possibly 81 mg aspirin (all part of the routine from getting preg with DD) as long as my DW doesn't panic on me. We are both sooooooo ready to have another child, but are worried about finances coming into this year.

Can't wait to start!

Samantha

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#76 of 447 Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 PM

Can I be added? We are waiting until after AF in May to start trying, so I guess June 2009? I would like a Feb/Mar baby, so hopefully we can catch that egg quickly! We have a spring and fall baby, so now we need a winter and summer baby. I really wanted to wait until ds was a bit older, so thats why we waited. Plus, we are moving this month, and have to do some work on the house, so it would be better not to be pregnant.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#77 of 447 Old 02-07-2009, 11:50 PM

Yup we are still waiting.

-I need to get some of these lbs off
-I want to pay off a chunk of debt
-We want to pad our savings account

I can guarantee the first one will be done in 2009 but as for the other two....who knows?

I have baby fever
#78 of 447 Old 02-09-2009, 07:16 PM

Hey everyone, I'm Kristina. Dh and I are planning to start TTC in June. The wait is killing me!

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#79 of 447 Old 02-09-2009, 10:02 PM

I think I'm ready to join.

DH and I are waiting until May or so to try. I'm going off the pill next month and I've been taking a multivitamin since New Year's.
We're waiting for a couple reasons. First, my job is up in the air. We're not sure we're going let that stop us from trying, though. We won't be able to afford our home on one income, and that's the biggest detractor there.

Also, if my job does stay put, we'd like a baby to born late in the 2009-2010 school year so I could go home and stay there until September. Which means we're thinking of trying May through August. If that doesn't work out, well... We'll see when we cross that bridge.

I have a seven year old from a previous marriage and we don't want the age gap to grow much bigger. Also, I'm 34 and not comfortable with the idea of having a baby much older than I already am. So it kinda seems like 2009's the time.
#80 of 447 Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Kristina! I thought your name looked familiar. If I'm not mistaken, we have the same midwife!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#81 of 447 Old 02-10-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
Kristina! I thought your name looked familiar. If I'm not mistaken, we have the same midwife!
I'm having issues putting your s/n with a face or story! lol We use Kate and Stacia.

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#82 of 447 Old 02-11-2009, 10:10 AM

My IUD is coming out on May 11th!!! ::::

#83 of 447 Old 02-11-2009, 04:44 PM

We are still waiting here....good to read through all the posts though!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#84 of 447 Old 02-12-2009, 02:08 PM

Congrats on getting your IUD out!

Thanks for changing my status!
#85 of 447 Old 02-16-2009, 05:29 AM

Hi ya'll!

Can you change my ttc date to August 2009 please? We have 100% agreed August is the month.

While I'm a little disappointed I have to wait a couple extra months, and right now it seems so far away, I think it's the best thing because I have more time to sort other things out. Right now im doing some soul searching and trying to sort out my personal problems I have been dealing with for a while. Still hoping to get the job promotion in May also.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#86 of 447 Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 AM

So since this was my first month ovulating after my first AF (thank you breastfeeding!!), I'm wondering if my IUD worked??? I started yesterday off starving and eating a lot. Then it ended with nausea and some early this morning as well. Am I getting sick or failed IUD? I hope it failed! lol I'm so horrible!

#87 of 447 Old 02-16-2009, 10:36 AM

Hi everyone!

What a great tribe.

I'm losing some weight right now before I undertake another pregnancy and I should be good to give TTCing another try in July-August of this year. That seems so far away but I really need to take care of my body first so it's a good home for a healthy baby.

So everyone!

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#88 of 447 Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 PM

you can remove me from wanting/waiting - there is no clarity in our lives on this issues, on so many levels, so feel free to remove me from the list - mahalo and good luck to all.
#89 of 447 Old 02-16-2009, 03:42 PM

Hi I'm longing terribly for another baby. DH doesn't want more so I guess I am waiting on him to come around or for me to get over it and. So can I join??
#90 of 447 Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 PM

Marinemommy

Waiting is so hard isn't it? It is especially hard when partners aren't on the same page I think.

Sigh some days are harder than others huh?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page