Wanting But Waiting Tribe *2009* - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 447 Old 03-06-2009, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver's Mama View Post
Actually, the first time around we waited til August for the same reason, but didn't get pregnant til early November, which meant being very pregnant in summer, and I was two weeks late into the heat of mid-August!!
It's a tiny part of why I'm waiting until August-ish! We don't have central air and most summers we don't need it but if we end up with another freakish 100 plus summer, I think I'd just throw myself in the lake and wait for labor to come at some point.

My first 10 pounds are gone. 40ish to go.

And Sihaya, thank you for adding me to the roster. It makes it seem more "real" to see my name up there.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#122 of 447 Old 03-06-2009, 09:57 PM

I am. I have a spring baby and a fall baby, now I want a winter baby, preferable February. Then I want a summer baby, maybe August/September.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#123 of 447 Old 03-09-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
Just checking in to say hi!

We may be moving our TTC date up a bit... I've started to get baby fever pretty bad the last few weeks. We've stopped trying to prevent pregnancy (I wasn't on BC so not hard at all) and are taking the wait and see what happens approach. So... we'll see what happens!
We are not being very careful either. The baby fever has been really bad for me the past couple months. We both really want kids but he wants to wait a bit for a number of reasons. Im not a citizen yet, we need to get married, and it would be nice for me to get a job so I can save a little (no work visa).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver's Mama View Post
Is anyone waiting to ttc because of the time of year the baby would be born? I'd love to have a baby in the spring, though that would mean waiting longer than I'd like to start ttc. But then maybe that's just silly alltogether, because who knows how long it will take? I hate the idea of having a baby in the frigidness of winter, but I spose it would be a small price to pay if dh agrees to start trying soon! :
I really dont want a christmas baby! I think thats the worst time of year for the poor kid lol. Everyone is too busy with holidays and they get ripped off in attention lol. I really want a february or spring baby as well but that means we have to be careful for a couple more months. I can totally relate to wanting to wait and be able to time the birth according to time of year.

Put me on the list for at least attempting to wait it out haha.

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

#124 of 447 Old 03-10-2009, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can I move to "a little longer"?

OH said we could *discuss* it in August. Not that we'd be trying. (we talked again last night)

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#125 of 447 Old 03-10-2009, 07:22 PM

Can I join? We're waiting to start ttc our second in April 2010.

We're hoping for a Spring baby aswell, even though APril would give us a Christmas baby. We started ttc ds in April and he was conceived in July and born the following April.
Having him in spring was just so perfect, having just gone through winter I wonder how I would have coped if he had been newborn during that time. I would have found it so much more difficult.
I'll take what we're given though, if I'm due in winter I'll still be delighted.
#126 of 447 Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 AM

Yeah I'm not too worried about which month the baby is born. November, December and January would probably be less preferable because it being so close to christmas and new years holidays.

Do you all know if you want any more children after this next one? and how long you will wait for the next one? I'm undecided if I'll have anymore after my second.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#127 of 447 Old 03-11-2009, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvanaRose View Post
I really dont want a christmas baby! I think thats the worst time of year for the poor kid lol. Everyone is too busy with holidays and they get ripped off in attention lol. I really want a february or spring baby as well but that means we have to be careful for a couple more months. I can totally relate to wanting to wait and be able to time the birth according to time of year.
I really wanted DS to be a March baby and said over and over 'Any month but December!,' but in the end our baby lust won out over time of the year preference and he was born Dec 22nd. So far, the only thing that bothers me about having his birthday so close to Christmas is all of the negative comments and assumptions from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post
Do you all know if you want any more children after this next one? and how long you will wait for the next one? I'm undecided if I'll have anymore after my second.
While we've agreed to take it one pg at a time, we want a total of six at this point, and plan on spacing them all about 3 years apart.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#128 of 447 Old 03-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
I really wanted DS to be a March baby and said over and over 'Any month but December!,' but in the end our baby lust won out over time of the year preference and he was born Dec 22nd. So far, the only thing that bothers me about having his birthday so close to Christmas is all of the negative comments and assumptions from others.
Aww, Im sorry if my comment came off wrong. I was not meaning to be offensive. I hear you though, just for saying I dont want my baby to be born near Christmas it will probably be a Christmas baby!

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

#129 of 447 Old 03-11-2009, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvanaRose View Post
Aww, Im sorry if my comment came off wrong. I was not meaning to be offensive.
Please, don't worry about it! The part that is annoying is that it's ALL I ever hear when people ask when he was born. I know you didn't mean to be rude at all.

#130 of 447 Old 03-11-2009, 07:49 PM

Steph, what are the negative assumptions and comments? Are you saying that people think you are aiming for a Christmas baby?

I will probably be happy to eventually have one I think.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#131 of 447 Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Please, don't worry about it! The part that is annoying is that it's ALL I ever hear when people ask when he was born. I know you didn't mean to be rude at all.
Well basically people are just stating a fact, it isn't meant offensively to you. It's a fact that people who have a birthday close to christmas have it overshadowed by the festivities etc. I'm sure it would get tiring hearing people say that, but surely you agree with it too? I think you just have to accept it really, it doesn't mean you're a bad parent for having a baby during that time....their birthday is one day a year in their life. It's a small thing in the grand scheme of things.

eta -im sure there are some positives about having a birthday around that time also!

#132 of 447 Old 03-12-2009, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Oh, can I join! We're waiting 'til around October 2009 to stop CTA. I want another baby soooooooo bad but we just can't right now . Hell, this might just be worse than the first time around. Gotta run, but hopefully I can come back and catch up on this thread. Nice to 'meet' you all . PM'ing to be added...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#133 of 447 Old 03-12-2009, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict View Post
Steph, what are the negative assumptions and comments? Are you saying that people think you are aiming for a Christmas baby?
It's the assumptions that it is impossible to make a birthday special if it falls around Christmas and ALL babies born around that time get "jipped" (the word used most often). I get the feeling that people are saying I am not capable of giving my child an appropriate birthday experience because of when they were born, which is just ridiculous to me. If I heard this from a few people here and there, I'd ignore it, but it's on the list of the top three things said to me about my child.

Quote:
Well basically people are just stating a fact, it isn't meant offensively to you. It's a fact that people who have a birthday close to christmas have it overshadowed by the festivities etc.
Since we don't celebrate Christmas or birthdays the way most people do, I do not consider it a fact. And people aren't simply talking about the event being overshadowed when they use words like "jipped" "ripped off" "cheated" and "unfair." My child is not a "poor baby" just because of when his birthday fell on the calendar.

Quote:
I'm sure it would get tiring hearing people say that, but surely you agree with it too?
Nope. I was born two days before a different holiday and I just don't agree with the premise of the argument at all. My husband was born Dec 19 and he doesn't agree with it either.

Quote:
I think you just have to accept it really, it doesn't mean you're a bad parent for having a baby during that time....their birthday is one day a year in their life. It's a small thing in the grand scheme of things.
Accept what exactly? That people say stupid things and assume everyone else thinks/feels/believes/behaves the same way they do? Accepted. Doesn't mean I can't feel annoyed by the comments. I don't remember saying I felt like a bad parent.

#134 of 447 Old 03-12-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Well basically people are just stating a fact, it isn't meant offensively to you. It's a fact that people who have a birthday close to christmas have it overshadowed by the festivities etc. I'm sure it would get tiring hearing people say that, but surely you agree with it too? I think you just have to accept it really, it doesn't mean you're a bad parent for having a baby during that time....their birthday is one day a year in their life. It's a small thing in the grand scheme of things.

eta -im sure there are some positives about having a birthday around that time also!
Eek! Speaking from experience, it is not always this way for every family. Is there a potential for it? Absolutely! Does it have to be that way? Absolutely not!
#135 of 447 Old 03-12-2009, 12:59 PM

I wanted to let you all know that I will be leaving your tribe (though I am sure I'll still lurk), as the "see what happens" approach has led to a BFP test and a little one coming early in November! I wish you all the best of luck!

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#136 of 447 Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
I wanted to let you all know that I will be leaving your tribe (though I am sure I'll still lurk), as the "see what happens" approach has led to a BFP test and a little one coming early in November! I wish you all the best of luck!
Congratulations!! Wishing you a great pregnancy!

Something tells me I might not be far behind lol. That approach is something else isnt it?

#137 of 447 Old 03-12-2009, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats, kirstenb! :

#138 of 447 Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 PM

Congratulations! That's amazing news! :
#139 of 447 Old 03-13-2009, 01:27 AM

I haven't been on here in awhile. We moved back our possible TTC to likely Jan 2010. Finances keep getting worse, then suddenly 6 months ago I came down with digestive problems so I need to take care of my health first.

We are also considering adopting as well. My baby fever has became "I want to be a Mother" fever and I would be happy becoming a Mother to a child. DH is totally for adoption, but seems to know me better than myself though and is convinced my baby fever won't go away adopting..that I'll want to birth my own one day.

So we'll see. Man is the wait hard, I feel trapped in a way. I am trying to just enjoy life with my wonderful DH right now, get healthy, and hopefully make some headway on finances.

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#140 of 447 Old 03-13-2009, 01:34 AM

Congratulations Kirsten! Have a wonderful babymoon.

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#141 of 447 Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolelynn View Post
I then suddenly 6 months ago I came down with digestive problems so I need to take care of my health first.
Sorry to hear that, I am having the same problem with my daughter. On and off for a while now, and lately she has been sick more often. I have an ongoing thread about it in the health forum here. It's so stressful.

I'm just trying to keep telling myself this was a good time for it to happen (if it had to happen at all ) She is old enough to tell us how she feels, where it hurts etc. And she is still at a young age where it will be sorted out (hopefully) before she grows up. Also hopefully it will all be sorted and she will be better before August. Otherwise I'm not going to want to ttc if she is still sick and we still don't know what's causing it or how we can help her.

Congrats Krsitinb on your BFP, how exciting! I'm excited just reading it lol

#142 of 447 Old 03-17-2009, 02:52 PM

Well, ladies, DH keeps talking about TTC earlier and earlier. Perhaps even this July!!! Don't know if I'd be ready for that or not, but it's a great sign!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#143 of 447 Old 03-17-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
It's the assumptions that it is impossible to make a birthday special if it falls around Christmas and ALL babies born around that time get "jipped" (the word used most often).
just wanted to throw in a word of support for you.. I've got a birthday on December 29, and I've always loved it. Being after Chrstmas, as a child it was always something exciting to look forward to when all the thrills of Christmas were fading. And if I really wanted something and didn't get it on Christmas, there was just enough time for someone to buy it for my birthday (or vice versa). I never felt jipped.. my birthday celebrations were the same as anyone else (though often cancelled due to blizzards!). And you get those specialty cards for birthdays in December/Christmas. I guess the comments I always hear is "wow.. that's right by Christmas!".. as if it's a cool thing.
Another thing that a dear relative started for me was to celebrate my half birthday in June.. I'd get half a card, half a cake, and a lil present.. and let me tell you, I was the envy of many a child!!
Think of it this way... isn't Christmas in a sense a birthday party? My crazy aunt once made a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas, and yes, we sang!
All in all, a baby is the best present you can get, any day of the year.

Katie,  sahm to two wild and crazy guys banana.gif (8/07) and  bouncy.gif (3/10) and their sweet new baby sister baby.gif (4-1-13) 

#144 of 447 Old 03-18-2009, 04:20 AM

^^Yeah there are definately positive things about a birthday near Christmas too!

I have started a diet to lose weight and be more healthy before TTC. Right now it's mainly to lose the weight, then it will be eating plenty of healthier foods once the weight is off. Wish me luck....I need it.....

#145 of 447 Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
^^Yeah there are definately positive things about a birthday near Christmas too!

I have started a diet to lose weight and be more healthy before TTC. Right now it's mainly to lose the weight, then it will be eating plenty of healthier foods once the weight is off. Wish me luck....I need it.....
Since starting an elimination diet about a year ago to work toward healing my gut as well as DS's I've dropped about 65lbs : . No dairy, peanuts and most other legumes, soy (his soy allergy has gotten better so now we get some soy, mmmmm, Tofutti ), eggs, nuts, seeds, fish (shell and otherwise, though we tried Tilapia and love it, no reactions either), hmm, I think that's it.

I'm pretty ecstatic since I was 40lbs overweight before conceiving DS, then gained another 25 over the course of 2 years : . Despite BF around the clock . Sucked, I used to run, strength train, all of that and was used to being all svelte and stuff. Now, I bought a new pair of running shoes a few weeks ago : . Got about 10 more lbs to lose but I'll shoot for 15 .

Even when I was thin I wasn't very healthy though : . My consciousness of what I put into my body is worlds apart from where I used to be.

You can do it! It's so hard at first but get through those first couple of months and you'll wonder how things were not always this way .

Thinking about what we'll need for another baby in the house. Having fun looking at CDs and everything . ToddlerBaby has decided that's enough computer time for me, gotta run!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#146 of 447 Old 03-18-2009, 02:55 PM

Hey all! Can you add me to this list? I live in MN, have 1 daugther and we will be TTC this fall. We currently use condoms as our source of BC but I am temping. I actually need help with my chart. My temps are all over the freaking place. I am getting BBT soon here (its in the mail) so I am hoping it will be more accurate. Its only my first month charting so it could just take some getting use to! Nice to meet you all!

Here is my chart
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16fc5b

Randine , Wife to Chris , mama to Gracie (3) and to Soren (07/08/2010)
#147 of 447 Old 03-18-2009, 05:42 PM

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this thread. I really want to be pregnant again and want another baby and it seems like things keep pushing it back. I have almost 3 yr old b/g twins. We are going on trip to Alaska in July and I wanted to wait until after the trip since I was so sick with the last pregnancy. Now we've decided to move summer of 2010 and so we can't be expecting in the middle of summer so we have to wait even longer. I don't want to be due in Aug because the kids will be starting their new preschool so now I can't start trying until December of 2009. I am sad and just want to be pregnant. I know we aren't ready now anyways because my ds is slighty autistic and has special needs and he gets very jealous of me holding any baby or even my husband touching me or holding hands. I want to wait until he is a little older and I can explain things to him better. I want everyone in our family to be ready for a baby, not just me..........so I'm feeling sad, but there is nothing that I can do about it right now.
#148 of 447 Old 03-19-2009, 07:54 AM

Thanks mamacatsbaby! I find dieting and exercise so difficult, but Im trying to think of it like -I want a baby more than I want food lol I know that sounds silly, but it does help me focus a little better. Grocery shopping is that hardest and when other people are eating infront of me like if we visit family which we do regularly. But yes, I think cutting out the bad stuff and portion control is the key, and ofcourse doing extra exercise -I've just done my first part of that for today.

My other main focus is work because Im really hoping for a promotion in May, it will help so much with us financially. I don't want to be struggling with 2 children like I used to when my dd was younger.

Welcome childbirth_fanatic and Owachi! It's really hard waiting sometimes

#149 of 447 Old 03-19-2009, 08:57 AM

Wanting but Waiting until 2010!: June-August

Husband deploying at the end of the year, we'll be TTC when he's on his mid-deployment leave [vacation].

Jenny & Marty married as of 6/9/2007
: First cycle TTC#1 7/09
#150 of 447 Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 PM

A lot of us are losing so we can get healthy for a baby. Very cool!

DH has decided we are taking a family vacation at the end of May through the first week of June. I *might* be thin enough then to TTC. A vacation baby would be kind of neat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page