Charting To Avoid February 2009 Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2009, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
nichole - I was hypothyroid and my temp was always on the low side no matter what we did with my medicine. I think your dosage should be based on other symptoms, not what your temp does. (I say I was hypothyroid because one cycle my temp suddenly hopped up to normal and has stayed there ever since. After that happened, I went off my meds and have not dealt with symptoms much at all. No idea what "cured" me, though )

Another possibility with the diaphragm is that the distributor Walgreens gets it from discontinued it while the manufacturer themselves did not. That happened to me with Hylands teething tablets at our local HFS.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
does anyone else consistently get fertile CM post-O?

i always have at least one day of watery or EWCM post-O. usually more than one.
I've heard it called a mid LP surge. And yes, I have one too. Although as marinewife would say, *I* can't call it one b/c I don't temp. But yeah...
Old 02-05-2009, 03:18 AM

Subbing... I want to come back and pick y'all's brains for a while (and, y'know, possibly actually contribute something ), but, yea, for now, subbing...
Old 02-05-2009, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can’t believe I need to ask this but do you ladies think I o’d? It seems obvious but I missed two critical temps. I waited until 4 high temps before we DTD (this morning) and now I’m questioning if I even O’d because I still have really creamy CF. Do you think I am safe?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Canid ~ I thought you had Oed two days ago. I almost said something but figured it was obvious so I didn't need to comment. However, since you missed those two temps and now your temps are going down and getting close to the others, I'm not so sure. I don't know what to tell you. Follow your gut, I guess.

It will be interesting to see if I O soon. I've had creamy cf for about a week and then yesterday very obvious ew and my temp dropped way down this am. Poor dh. He got home 2 days ago and wanted to dtd so badly last night. We were all ready to do it. I was excited because the baby had fallen asleep early and 5yo ds was going to come to bed early. He falls asleep almost immediately after turning out the lights no matter the time. Then dh got mad because 17yo ds had invited some friends over. DH decided that meant we couldn't dtd, although I'm not sure why he thought that. If they were even here (I never heard them), they stayed downstairs in the living room so would've had no idea what we were doing up here. Anyway, just as we were about the turn the lights out the baby woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. I had to lay there trying to get him to settle down and go back to sleep. In the meantime, dh fell asleep. By the time the baby did go back to sleep (at least an hour later), I was so annoyed from being kicked and squirmed all over when I had other plans and dh was snoring away so I just went to sleep. Blah!:

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 02-05-2009, 02:20 PM

Well I looked my paper chart and I had written “TONS DRIPPING EW” on CD 16-18 then “scant EW” on CD19 and it’s been creamy ever since. Yesterday it was gummy. I am pretty sure I o’d CD 20 or 21. I had cramps written down on CD 18 and 19. Oh well. I’m so not stressing over this one. I just wonder why FF didn’t put a cross hair on and why my temps are dropping…..

Marinewife, you thought I o’d on CD 23? And I have so been there with grand plans to DTD then a chain of events happen that leads me to be grumpy listening to DH snore.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:25 PM

I also just noticed I had CD 20 temp at 97.5 on my paper chart so really only CD 21 is missing. I’m going to draw a coverline at 97.6 and say CD 21 is my O date. Does that seem right to everyone? If that is the case, we are 4dpo and in the clear. I should be safe.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
Marinewife, you thought I o’d on CD 23?
No, I meant when I looked at your chart 2 days ago I thought you had Oed sometime between cd19 and cd21 but because of the missing temps I couldn't be sure which day. I think you'll be safe putting your O day at cd21. Just remember if your lp seems short this cycle that you may be a day or 2 off.

DH just came home from work early. He was sent home because he's sick. The good thing is that he didn't have to do the gas chamber like everyone else. I was hoping we'd at least be able to dtd this weekend since he doesn't have to get up early for work but I don't know if that will fly when he's this sick. He never stays home sick.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:18 PM

I think I've made my 1st newbie mistake: ovusoft is now saying I didn't ovulate since my temp has stayed down after 3 above the coverline. And of course we were tired of condoms and dtd unprotected a couple times since then. guess I'll just have to wait this one out...ugh!

Melissa, NICU nurse, married to DH since 6/07, biggrinbounce.gifDS 5/31/10 h20homebirth.gif, Baby # 2 due 12/10/12 ***4***8stork-suprise.gif**12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40 

Old 02-06-2009, 09:47 AM

OMG just put in my temps this morning and FF changed my O date from day 13 to day 18! Now instead of DTD unprotected on 4 DPO its saying it was on my O day! I've always O'd on day 13 or 14, but now all of a sudden I did on day 18!? I'm freaking out here, please someone tell me FF is wrong. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/225b89
Old 02-06-2009, 11:11 AM

Looks like an O on CD 13 if you dried up right after CD 12. That is what I see looking at your chart.

AFM - my temp went up this morning so I'm positive I O'd already. I manually put in my O day since FF won't.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 AM

Danielle~ Was your temp on Tuesday disturbed?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 02-06-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
Danielle~ Was your temp on Tuesday disturbed?
I don't remember, I don't think so though. I should be getting AF early next week though if my original O date was right, guess I'll know then. Good thing I just bought a bunch of tests last month.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle283 View Post
OMG just put in my temps this morning and FF changed my O date from day 13 to day 18! Now instead of DTD unprotected on 4 DPO its saying it was on my O day! I've always O'd on day 13 or 14, but now all of a sudden I did on day 18!? I'm freaking out here, please someone tell me FF is wrong. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/225b89
I still think you Oed on cd13. You have a thermal shift starting cd14. It's not huge but it's there. The dotted line means FF isn't sure you Oed when it says. It's also ok to have a few temp dips during your lp. Even temps that go below the CL are ok as long as you don't have a long, consecutive string of them.

I just noticed that Ovusoft started my cycle 2 days later than when AF started. In other words, I have 2 days of bleeding at the end of last cycle before Ovusoft started a new chart on the 3rd day of bleeding. I tried recalculating from the first day of AF but it left it like it is. Anyone know how I can reset it?

Old 02-06-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Some women don't have dry days and go straight from AF to sticky. Those women can consider sticky their BIP if they are sure they never have any dry days
MarineWife - Thank-you for clearing that up. I had thought I knew that but a guess I thought all cf was "vag secretions". I didnt follow that she was discribing the difference between BIP and fertile cf.

Mirena is out!!!! This is huge since there was a possibility I would have to go into the OR to have it removed (strings too short, couldnt reach it)

DH still is not sold on the FAM/NFP thing : We have some time to discuss it though.

In the mean time I am still charting bc even if he does make me take it, I cant start it for a couple weeks and wont be truely effective for at least 6wks. My temps are stable and looks like I should O soon.... maybe, I hope the lack of prog. from the IUD doesnt through me all off.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle283 View Post
FF is wrong. At least that's how it looks to me. Honestly, the only reason I use FF is so you guys can look at my chart when I have a question about something. I chart on paper and I don't tend to trust FF's interpretation of things.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 02-06-2009, 01:27 PM

Ok ya'll made me feel a little better. I think I would be lost charting on paper to be honest. Guess I need to read more of TTOYF.

Heather- Yay for an easy Mirena removal!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
I don't tend to trust FF's interpretation of things.
IMO, FF is notorious for being wrong. I never trust it completely. I do have my O detector set to FAM rather than Advanced because I think it's usually more accurate (or at least more conservative, which is what I want). Sometimes the FAM detector is wrong and I switch it to Advanced but that's only happened maybe twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719
MarineWife - Thank-you for clearing that up. I had thought I knew that but a guess I thought all cf was "vag secretions". I didnt follow that she was discribing the difference between BIP and fertile cf.
Vaginal secretions come from the vagina whereas cervical fluid/mucous comes from the cervix, obviously. I guess the cervix doesn't always produce fluid but the vagina is always somewhat moist. The cervix starts and increases the amount of fluid it makes with rising estrogen levels.

I got my Ovusoft charts fixed. I just needed to recalculate from the beginning of the previous cycle rather than the beginning of this cycle.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, you guys ready for another dumb guy thing? DH and I were talking about how we are not going to be able to gio because he's sick and the kids are still up running around. I added that I've got tons of ewcf right now, too. He says, "Isn't that a good thing?" Huh? If we were ttc, yeah, but we're supposed to be cta. Idiot!

Reiki ~ I think it was you that mentioned something about being safe every day after 6 pm as long as you are dry. Do you stop checking for the day at 6 pm? What if you're dry all day and then get very fertile cf after 6 pm? That's what seems to be happening with me. I'm dry all day and then sometime just after 6 pm I'll get lots of ewcf. Today it was around 7:30 pm.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I'm dry all day and then sometime just after 6 pm I'll get lots of ewcf. Today it was around 7:30 pm.
this happens to me all the time; multiple days every cycle. therefore, i don't use the dry day rule at all.

i mean, you could be dry all day, DTD and wake up with lots EWCM. sperm can survive in seminal fluid alone for a few hours so if that happens you could still be in trouble. isn't that what happened with texaspeach (or was it someone else?) with the oops she had last year? i know she's happily pg now, but before that.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:36 AM

Yeah there have been many times where my EWCF doesn't show up until around 9 PM. So the 6 PM thing would have left me knocked up many times over!

With regard to paper charting vs online charting, like FF, I think that if you don't feel comfortable paper charting, you should get comfortable fast! Relying on FF to interpret your signs and temps for you will get you in trouble! I personally use FF just to have a convienient place to keep temps and to share with the ladies here. But there have been some times when I disagree with FF and that is because I know how to paper chart and I know what my chart should look like. If I start to doubt myself, I pull out a paper chart and fill in the data just to cross reference and make sure I am interpreting things correctly. FF is not perfect. It's a software program. Same with Ovusoft. Just my two cents!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 02-07-2009, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
With regard to paper charting vs online charting, like FF, I think that if you don't feel comfortable paper charting, you should get comfortable fast! Relying on FF to interpret your signs and temps for you will get you in trouble! I personally use FF just to have a convienient place to keep temps and to share with the ladies here. But there have been some times when I disagree with FF and that is because I know how to paper chart and I know what my chart should look like. If I start to doubt myself, I pull out a paper chart and fill in the data just to cross reference and make sure I am interpreting things correctly. FF is not perfect. It's a software program. Same with Ovusoft. Just my two cents!
: I think it's very important to learn how to chart on paper before using any software to do it.

On the dry day rule, in my siutation the dry day rule still wouldn't apply since I've had creamy cf for day before this (although even that didn't show up until later in the evening). I guess it would be more of an issue if I were dry or sticky for a few days so thought I was safe, dtd, and then discovered later that night that I had creamy cf. I wonder where the 6 pm time came from.

About my cycle, I haven't Oed yet. 3 days of ewcf with spotting on the first day and 3 days of lower temps. Oh well...*sigh*.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Ok, you guys ready for another dumb guy thing? DH and I were talking about how we are not going to be able to gio because he's sick and the kids are still up running around. I added that I've got tons of ewcf right now, too. He says, "Isn't that a good thing?" Huh? If we were ttc, yeah, but we're supposed to be cta. Idiot!

Reiki ~ I think it was you that mentioned something about being safe every day after 6 pm as long as you are dry. Do you stop checking for the day at 6 pm? What if you're dry all day and then get very fertile cf after 6 pm? That's what seems to be happening with me. I'm dry all day and then sometime just after 6 pm I'll get lots of ewcf. Today it was around 7:30 pm.
Don't think it was me. I mean, I know that rule, but only use it for maybe one day, just b/c I do have dry days after AF. For me it's easy b/c it's AF, then dry for a day or 2, then creamy, then EW. When it's creamy or I feel moist/wetter than before, I consider it unsafe, even though often in retrospect I would have been fine. I have no idea where the 6PM thing came from, and don't use it. Sounds like it could get a lot of people into major trouble!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
Don't think it was me. I mean, I know that rule, but only use it for maybe one day, just b/c I do have dry days after AF. For me it's easy b/c it's AF, then dry for a day or 2, then creamy, then EW. When it's creamy or I feel moist/wetter than before, I consider it unsafe, even though often in retrospect I would have been fine. I have no idea where the 6PM thing came from, and don't use it. Sounds like it could get a lot of people into major trouble!
Oh, ok. I thought it was you since you use just CF.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:47 PM

Good News / Bad News -

Good - DH is not making me take BCP! but he wont dtd without a condom, even if its "safe". He said he doesnt want to take the chance

Bad - I am bleeding today... I guess I am not immune to the effects of removing the IUD, bummer! My temp was up today and I was dry yesterday after more than a week of fertile CF. I dont really know what this is going to do to my cycle, but I guess since we are doing back up, it doesnt matter much. I will still be charting anyway.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719 View Post
Good - DH is not making me take BCP! but he wont dtd without a condom, even if its "safe". He said he doesnt want to take the chance
Give it time. He may come around.

I'm beginning to think my dh is trying to get me pg contrary to what he says. I told you guys of our discussion about me having ewcf right now. I very clearly told him it was only good if we were ttc. We actually had the chance to gio today and he didn't pull out! He hasn't said anything about it and I don't know if I should. I don't know what he was thinking.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Give it time. He may come around.

I'm beginning to think my dh is trying to get me pg contrary to what he says. I told you guys of our discussion about me having ewcf right now. I very clearly told him it was only good if we were ttc. We actually had the chance to gio today and he didn't pull out! He hasn't said anything about it and I don't know if I should. I don't know what he was thinking.
I would personally not say anything. You gave him fair warning! Of course I am at the point now where I think "DH is a big boy...he as the same access to my charts that I do and I have told him how things work. He can make his own decision since he is the one that doesn't want a baby." Last night we were DTD and it wasn't a perfect execution of the withdrawal method. Oh well. He knows where I am in my cycle. I told him months ago that executing the method that way is not that safe so he's been warned!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 02-07-2009, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I am at the point now where I think "DH is a big boy...he as the same access to my charts that I do and I have told him how things work. He can make his own decision since he is the one that doesn't want a baby."
Yeah, that's how I feel. It's not my responsibility to tell him every single time right before or in the middle of dtd what he needs to do. I keep him up to date about where I am in my cycle. A lot of times he even asks since he sees me entering data in my charts. He's also the one who says he absolutely, positively doesn't want another baby. I have decided that we probably won't have another good time to have another baby so I'm not really wanting one, but I wouldn't be upset if I got pg, if that makes any sense. The only problem now is that, if I O soon, I'll be driving myself crazy and poas like a nut (they'll know me by name at the $ store) from about 6dpo until AF shows.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 PM

I am hoping DH will get to that point, LOL. I hope everything works out for the 2 of you the way you want.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
this happens to me all the time; multiple days every cycle. therefore, i don't use the dry day rule at all.

i mean, you could be dry all day, DTD and wake up with lots EWCM. sperm can survive in seminal fluid alone for a few hours so if that happens you could still be in trouble. isn't that what happened with texaspeach (or was it someone else?) with the oops she had last year? i know she's happily pg now, but before that.
Yeah that happened to me a few cycles ago. We dtd and within a few hours, I had dripping EWCM....not semen. I didn't get pregnant though.

Marinewife - to your DH. I Think he is trying to get pregnant too.

Heather - after a few cycles, I'm sure your DH will come around.

User Tag List