Charting To Avoid February 2009 Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2009, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everyone with AF now, raise your hand. Don't pass her to me. I'm not ready.

I didn't get my temp this am. We fell asleep in the playroom so I didn't have my thermometer. It probably doesn't matter because we had such a restless night my temp would've been sketchy. The LOs are still sick with fever, cough and stuffed noses. I'll have to pay close attention to CF today.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
What is the physiology behind premenstrual spotting?
What I remember from what I've read without looking it back up again is that dropping progesterone and/or rising estrogen can cause spotting from the uterine lining. Brown is old. The cervix is covered with a gazillion tiny blood vessels that can be popped from the slightest irritation. That's all I've got.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:53 PM

What would you chart for CP and CM when you are creamy-watery and MM- all day then in the evening it is EW and HSO?

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
Old 02-11-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momongeon View Post
What would you chart for CP and CM when you are creamy-watery and MM- all day then in the evening it is EW and HSO?
You chart the most fertile thing you see/notice for CM, so EW in this case, no matter when you see it. CP - I don't know.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:07 PM

Pretty sure AF is starting today. Temp dropped, and my cramps have kicked it up a notch. I put in a tampon just to be safe, and I could see some spotting on the applicator... so I'm just waiting a few hours to confirm.

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Like Reiki said, you record the most fertile CF you have for the day. With CP, you are only supposed to check it once a day at the same time every day because it can move and change throughout the day. I think TCOYF says that the cervix usually starts out in a less fertile position in the morning and can become more fertile seeming as the day progresses.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Yeah it is really exciting!!! Life definitely changes when you have children. The trick is to balance one life with the other. I am confident that when you have a little bundle in your lives nothing else will seem as important. We (as in me) have to step back a make time for all the things that once defined us (that is, me). Welcome his fear and try to embrace your own. It will help you define what is important to the two of you to maintain when you become parents. It may even mold what type of parents you want to become.
Just wanted to say ITA....wer already have on child! Thats why I don't get the whole my life is over. Oh well he has come a long way from not wanting a second at all.

Oh and marinewife, I think our dh's should get togethere sometime! I told him clearly last night we could dtd as long as he pulled out b/c I am in the middle of my cycle and it is possible I might ovulate soon. So what does he do...NOT pull out! Drives me crazy, we had just decided that we were going to start trying when dd is 4. Wth? :

Luckily I don't have any signs ovulation is near, and since my body wants to do a 6 week cycle I doubt I am very close to ovulation. But still it would have been safer if he would have pulled out. I guess I will have to abstain during potentially fertile times from now on. Hopefully my cycles will regulate so I can keep better track of that. I am still having trouble with types of cm...I'm to afraid to google it.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 PM

Yep, AF came with a vengeance yesterday. So I'm on cd2 of Cycle 3 for me! : Another reason I am glad that I chart? Because I knew from my temp it ws going to happen yesterday and I was able to be prepared. I was out and about yesterday when she came... that could have/would have in the past been very bad. Charting is just so cool.

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
Another reason I am glad that I chart? Because I knew from my temp it ws going to happen yesterday and I was able to be prepared.
: I love this aspect as well! Didn't work out for me on this cycle...my temp didn't drop until CD2, but I still saw it coming.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 02-12-2009, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
wer already have on child! Thats why I don't get the whole my life is over.
Already having a child might be part of the reason he says his life will be over. He knows firsthand how much work taking care of a child is. My dh tends to exaggerate stuff. So, rather than saying he's worried he won't have any time for himself or for us or to play golf or whatever, he'll say something like his life will be over. It's all or nothing for him. There's no in between. It can be annoying but when I understand what he really means rather than what he's saying I can deal with it better.

How many days of ewcf can one have without Oing? I'm on day 9 now, I think. This is getting annoying. My pelvis is so tender it hurts all the time and, of course, ds3 keeps kicking me right where it hurts. On top of that, my nipples are irritated (hormones) so that nursing hurts and ds is nursing more because he's sick and teething. *sigh* Done with my whine.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 PM

Havn't been on much, CD 3 today. My cycle got really short last month ( for me) I usually O CD 19-21 and last month it was CD 15. I prefer longer cycles as it means less painful AFs.
Interestin though that so many of us have just started new cycles at the same time.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

Old 02-12-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Already having a child might be part of the reason he says his life will be over. He knows firsthand how much work taking care of a child is. My dh tends to exaggerate stuff. So, rather than saying he's worried he won't have any time for himself or for us or to play golf or whatever, he'll say something like his life will be over. It's all or nothing for him. There's no in between. It can be annoying but when I understand what he really means rather than what he's saying I can deal with it better.

How many days of ewcf can one have without Oing? I'm on day 9 now, I think. This is getting annoying. My pelvis is so tender it hurts all the time and, of course, ds3 keeps kicking me right where it hurts. On top of that, my nipples are irritated (hormones) so that nursing hurts and ds is nursing more because he's sick and teething. *sigh* Done with my whine.

That is my dh too! In fact those were his exact words when we were talking about the pulling out thing. He said it has to be all or nothing.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I have gone over 30 days before with EW Talk about annoying. Oh and DS is teething too and my nips are so sore right now

Ok so this is new for me….yesterday was CD1 and I CLEARLY had EWCM along with AF. It was very obvious. I’ve never had anything like that before. Guess we won’t be using the first 5 day rule at all this cycle. I wonder what is going on…..
Old 02-12-2009, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
I have gone over 30 days before with EW Talk about annoying. Oh and DS is teething too and my nips are so sore right now

Ok so this is new for me….yesterday was CD1 and I CLEARLY had EWCM along with AF. It was very obvious. I’ve never had anything like that before. Guess we won’t be using the first 5 day rule at all this cycle. I wonder what is going on…..
My sis recently got diagnosed with PCOS, too. I've been telling her and my mother for years that I thought she had it but she wouldn't go to the doc. I don't think I've ever had this many days of ewcf without taking meds. When we were ttc, I rarely had any ewcf. Now that we are cta I've got tons. WTF?!

: about no First 5 Days rule.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't seem to decide what to record for CF. I barely have any to begin with, I normally might have one day a month where there is anything I would notice without checking internally...

So, for "sticky" I figure, dry feeling, sticky texture. But then right now, the texture is still sticky but there is a lot more CF - like everything is wetter and it might even be creamy, except that it does dry into just sticky pretty quickly. Am I making any sense?

My gut feeling is that, for me, this is the beginning of fertile CF and I should count it as creamy... but then I'm not sure if I'm just thinking that because it's day 12.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 02-12-2009, 04:23 PM

I couldnt take my temp today b/c we played musical beds last night. At least I got to sleep in a little.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggie View Post
I can't seem to decide what to record for CF. I barely have any to begin with, I normally might have one day a month where there is anything I would notice without checking internally...

So, for "sticky" I figure, dry feeling, sticky texture. But then right now, the texture is still sticky but there is a lot more CF - like everything is wetter and it might even be creamy, except that it does dry into just sticky pretty quickly. Am I making any sense?

My gut feeling is that, for me, this is the beginning of fertile CF and I should count it as creamy... but then I'm not sure if I'm just thinking that because it's day 12.
Whenever I'm confused, I record the most fertile I think I have and put a detailed description of the CF in the notes section for that day. Then if it gets more clear as time goes on I can go back and make changes.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:26 PM

How's everyone doing this morning? I am NOT starting a new cycle with the rest of you. I am 6 dpo currently.

MarineWife, that is annoying that you are going so many days before O'ing. But on the other hand, you might be in the clear now from that not-pulling-out episode.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 02-13-2009, 02:15 PM

I'm joining in if you all don't mind! We're CTAUV (CTA until Vasectomy).

DD will be one on the 27th, and I've had a few cycles thus far, so I think we're ready. Even more exciting is that I've actually had a short (for me) cycle - 32 days! CD1 for this period was Thursday the 12 and before that it was Jan 11! (Looks like I'm in the club without realizing it. )That's an all time record, I've gone for months and months without, but since having the baby I've been the closest to regular I've ever been in my life. I'm going to get a thermometer today, but not sure how we're going to do the waking/temping WRT our sleeping arrangements as I'm against the wall with the baby and Mr Toona is next to the end table. Probably I will just ask him to hand me the thermo. He's so accomodating like that.

Also, if any of you wake up early on weekdays, do you still wake up at that time at least to temp. I reckon I will have to, but 4:45 is just so early, ya know?

signature currently in transition
Old 02-13-2009, 05:56 PM

Welcome Teeny!

I have my DH hand me the thermometer too. Since I don't hear the alarm (amazing I can hear my DS stir in the next bed but can't hear the loud beeping), so he just hands it to me when his alarm rings for work.

Yes, I do take it at the same time on weekends too, at least in theory. In reality, if I am in my luteal phase or know I am far from O, I tend to be lazy and sleep in.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:41 PM

Yup. DH hands me the thermometer when he gets up for work, too. And we still do it on weekends. Generally.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 02-13-2009, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
How's everyone doing this morning? I am NOT starting a new cycle with the rest of you. I am 6 dpo currently.
Me too - weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
I'm going to get a thermometer today, but not sure how we're going to do the waking/temping WRT our sleeping arrangements as I'm against the wall with the baby and Mr Toona is next to the end table. Probably I will just ask him to hand me the thermo. He's so accomodating like that.

Also, if any of you wake up early on weekdays, do you still wake up at that time at least to temp. I reckon I will have to, but 4:45 is just so early, ya know?
I sleep with two pillows and keep the thermometer between them, along with the cell phone (my alarm clock). I have the phone set to go off at 5:30am every day and I temp at that time regardless of whether I actually get up or just go back to bed after temping (my thermometer saves the temp so I can record it later).

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Old 02-13-2009, 10:44 PM

I temp at 5 AM every single day regardless of whether or not I am actually waking up at that time. There are some days when I do need to wake up at that time so that is why I do it at 5 AM. My thermometer saves the temp as well so when it is done, I make my cell phone light up and I look at the temp and then fall back asleep.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 02-14-2009, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
OMM - welcome back! Remind me where you went.....I am forgetful
I got an IUD. And then it fell out. And then I told DH he could have until this month to get me pregnant (he wants one more, I don't...we "compromised"). And then it didn't happen. :

Quote:
How many days of ewcf can one have without Oing? I'm on day 9 now, I think. This is getting annoying.
This last cycle I had 9 days of it with 6 days of super creamy/boderline EWCM. I never have that many! My first cycle with my IUD it was non-stop so I chalked it up to being irritated more than anything else. This alst cycle I assumed it was due to "healing"/getting used to not having it in anymore. Oddly enough this is the first cycle I have ever noticed a bumb on my cervix...what's it called? Bsomethingorother cyst.

I'm cd4 today and I am LOVING not having an IUD right now. When it was in I didn't have a bad period really...just long. 9 days (as opposed to me normal 3-5) and what would be my medium flow the whole time. This cycle? Nada! I'm back to my light flow which is soooo nice and I have a feeling I'll be done tomorrow. Today was more like heavy spotting than anything else. It was awesome. I couldn't use my Diva at all this cycle because it still wasn't enough flow to be comfortable. All I can say is ahhhhhhhh.

I need to pull out my TCOYF but remind me....if your periods is less than 7 days you are safe for the first 10 of your cycle right? I'm not worried as I didn't o until cd 22 this last cycle but just in case. I gotta know when I HAVE to stick to "pull out! pull out!". :

Oh I saw it mentioned earlier how nice it was to chart due to the temp. drop before AF. I love that! This last time it was a HUGE drastic drop so there was no questioning it. I know lots of ladies who will et a drop and think, "oh! implantation dip!" (whether or not they are ttc) but not me. Mine is always a big dip. This last cycle it was a .8 degree drop. No questioning that!

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
MarineWife, that is annoying that you are going so many days before O'ing. But on the other hand, you might be in the clear now from that not-pulling-out episode.
Finally! I think this should work. I've been having problems with my PC and the internet. I finally had to switch back to Internet Explorer because I couldn't delete or post anything on Firefox. I've been working on my PC all day. I put in a new hard drive and DVD writer. I also put in a new power supply but it didn't work so I have to exchange it. I'll try to reinstall Firefox and see if it works right again. I hope I didn't lose all my bookmarks.

Anyway, yeah, I think I'm pretty much in the clear from the last time we dtd. It's been 5 days now. I think I Oed yesterday. My CF was creamy/sticky and my CP had moved down and become firmer. Today my temp was up. I thought Ovusoft would just move my CL up since my temp today was right on the CL it had given me. Instead it use ROT to discard my highest temp from the previous 6, moved my CL down, and put today's temp above it. Also, all my nipple soreness and pelvic tenderness are gone. Very strange but good to know about.

Welcome, teeny. Sorry I haven't added you yet but the PC wouldn't let me.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:50 PM

MarineWife we are cycle buddies! I am not sure if I ovulated yesterday or today though. I started having ovulation pain yesterday and had gushes of cm. OPK was mostly postive that night so I figured I just missed the surge by a bit. Temp was up today, but I have had a headache and might be getting sick. I had creamy cm today and I am having major ovulation pain on the right side, which is confusing me b/c I thought I ovulated yesterday...? OPK was negative today too. Does anyone get bad pain after ovulation or is it only during?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
Bsomethingorother cyst.
Nabothian cyst, I believe.

Quote:
I need to pull out my TCOYF but remind me....if your periods is less than 7 days you are safe for the first 10 of your cycle right? I'm not worried as I didn't o until cd 22 this last cycle but just in case. I gotta know when I HAVE to stick to "pull out! pull out!". :
Nope, the only rule I've heard is the first five days, provided you had a thermal shift last cycle. It doesn't matter how long you bleed. But then you are supposed to start watching the CF and are only safe if you are dry.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:17 AM

Man it really bites that AF came right before valentine's! DH has been so wonderful and romantic today... I'm so frustrated I can't dtd!! Grrr....

Old 02-15-2009, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
Man it really bites that AF came right before valentine's! DH has been so wonderful and romantic today... I'm so frustrated I can't dtd!! Grrr....
Bummer...but, why can't you dtd while on AF?

I've never heard of any rule that has to do with how long AF is...only whether or not you've had a clear thermal shift and how long your lp is. I think the First 5 Days rule only applies if your lp is at least 12 days (or is it 10?).

Old 02-15-2009, 04:30 PM

Just because DH and I aren't really comfortable with it. Especially when it's significant flow...:

User Tag List