Charting To Avoid February 2009 Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 282 Old 02-17-2009, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post
Has anyone ever had a cycle where they O'd roughly 4 days prior to the last 6 months? (Example: This month you O on Day 15 whereas you normally O on Day 19.)

It seems I may have O'd 4 days prior to my normal O day. Is that even likely? I am stressing myself out over here. I will say, the ovulation test I took only had a slightly visible line compared to the control line, which means I'm not ovulating. (I never use ovulation strips, though, so I'm not at ease. )
O day can definitely vary. Mine has never been predictable. 4 days is nothing to stress over, imo.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#182 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 AM

Talking about what time we take our temps, I just can't take mine at the same time every day. I just can't...i feel really anxious and depressed if I don't get enough sleep. I think that if you occasionally need to sleep in, you can just make a note for that day. I aim for about 6am, and usually get within 30 mins but sometimes it is like an hour off. I just started temping a month ago so I'll let you know how it works out
#183 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
O day can definitely vary. Mine has never been predictable. 4 days is nothing to stress over, imo.
You just made my stress level increase tenfold. Hahaha. (Look at me, blaming someone else for my screw up! )

I've been O'ing on CD18 for months and I assumed that would (almost) always remain consistent. I'm going to temp again in the AM, but if my temp is still high, I'm going to be stressed until I start menstruating.
#184 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You just made my stress level increase tenfold. Hahaha. (Look at me, blaming someone else for my screw up! )

I've been O'ing on CD18 for months and I assumed that would (almost) always remain consistent. I'm going to temp again in the AM, but if my temp is still high, I'm going to be stressed until I start menstruating.
Why does that stress you?

Nichole ~ I never take my temp at the same time. I'm not recommending that. If you can, absolutely take your temp at the same time every day. I have problems sleeping, though, and have 2 LOs who wake me up all night long, so there's no way I'm setting my alarm for any time. I try to temp between 6 and 7 am since I or someone else usually wakes me during that hour. If I don't, I adjust my temp. I have not had any problems detecting O, although the various software programs have.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#185 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 09:12 AM

there are entire cycles when i don't temp at the same time (this is one of them), i've never adjusted my temp and i've never had trouble seeing O, both myself and on FF.

CD11 over here and i've got O pain, but have no fertile CM yet, so hoping this really isn't another CD13 ovulation cycle.
#186 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
This may be a weird question...

but can getting bit by a venomous spider affect my charting? I got bit on Friday night/Saturday morning.
If you get a fever in response to the bite, then I'm sure that would affect it. But that's the only reason I imagine it would.

Quote:

You probably will almost always be consistent. This time maybe is the exception! Now for me being consistent is the exception. That is, before I had DD my cycles were all over the place, 2 mo long, 4 months long, 7 months, even one I went 11 months in one cycle. It's only now that I'm actually seeing some regularity. heh. Funny how different we all are.

Ooh ooh! Today I actually temped correctly (yesterday morning I was freezing and it showed). We did GIO with a botched P&P, but since my cycles are so long, I'm probably in the clear.

signature currently in transition
#187 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 11:56 AM

Ok, I"m jumping back in with another question here. Can one's cervix change shape after giving birth? It's funny because it's the first time that I've checked since DD was born almost a year ago, but it feels distinctly differently shaped than it used to. It used to feel pretty much even/symmetrical. Now it seems like half of it sort of juts out. Imagine a cervix with an underbite. Is that a usual sort of occurance? Anyone heard of such a thing?

signature currently in transition
#188 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Ok, I"m jumping back in with another question here. Can one's cervix change shape after giving birth? It's funny because it's the first time that I've checked since DD was born almost a year ago, but it feels distinctly differently shaped than it used to. It used to feel pretty much even/symmetrical. Now it seems like half of it sort of juts out. Imagine a cervix with an underbite. Is that a usual sort of occurance? Anyone heard of such a thing?
Completely normal. Before having a vaginal delivery usually your cervix is smooth circular and "open" really isn't all that open. After children usually your cervix remains slightly open and is shaped more like a slit then circular. "Open" is really open. For me, TMI, During o and af my cervix is open enough that I can stick my middle finger in up to my first knuckle which is about half the length or of the cervix. The cervix is like a balloon that has been stretched so your cervix will dilate faster the next time bec you have already stretched it out. My cervix sort of has an "overbite" too. When it is dilated I can feel a spot that is more fibrous then the rest due to stretching.

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#189 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Why does that stress you?

You were supposed to tell me what I want to hear -- yanno, that my O date will always be consistent and my temps are just wonky!

I always have Preganoia, but my timing this month is not good at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
...You probably will almost always be consistent. This time maybe is the exception! Now for me being consistent is the exception. That is, before I had DD my cycles were all over the place, 2 mo long, 4 months long, 7 months, even one I went 11 months in one cycle. It's only now that I'm actually seeing some regularity. heh. Funny how different we all are....
Yeah, I wonder if this is the exception. Time will tell.

It is interesting how that works out. I'm glad you're seeing some regularity in your cycle; I imagine the inconsistencies are frustrating.
#190 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 02:08 PM

Woo Hoo - never thought I would be happy for AF to show up.... CD1 of #2 here! This one was a little shorter than they have been, but I suspect I cant really compare since I had the IUD. Not too bad though for it just coming out. I dont think it will be long for me to be regular again.... yeah!
#191 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You were supposed to tell me what I want to hear -- yanno, that my O date will always be consistent and my temps are just wonky!
Oh, well, you will probably be pretty consistent most of the time based on what you've described. This cycle is probably just a fluke. That's what I was trying to get at before but I guess I didn't do a very good job.

#192 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
It's really weird. Everything was working fine until my 17yo went to a Myspace pics site. Then everything went wacky. I cleaned up the hard drive and put in the new one so everything else seems to be working ok except for these two things. In Firefox, I can only view webpages. I can't do anything with them. I can't post anywhere, like here or FF or Facebook. I can view my emails but I can't delete them. In Internet Explorer, I can post on websites, delete my emails but I can't even log on to FF.

Would you do me a favor if you have time? Contact tech support on FF and ask them if they have any suggestions. I tried using their system check. I can see the charts fine but, when I put the number in and clicked the test button, it just ran and ran and ran but never did anything.
Did you try this? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/system.php i assume that is what you are talking about.

I sent them an e-mail so we will see what happens.
#193 of 282 Old 02-18-2009, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
Did you try this? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/system.php i assume that is what you are talking about.

I sent them an e-mail so we will see what happens.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. It just runs and runs and runs but never goes anywhere else. Thanks for sending them an email. I think it's got to be something with cookies but I don't know what or how to fix it.

DH and I are trying to move the LOs into their own room so we'll have more private time. They've slept in their own room that they share for 2 nights now. It's going pretty well. The first night our 5yo screamed and cried for about 30 minutes and then settled down so we could read a book and then he fell asleep about 2 hours earlier than usual. We were in the room with him the entire time just sitting with him. After they were both asleep we went to sleep in our room. Of course, I eventually had to get up and go back to there room and ended up sleeping in there most of the night. Last night he tried to camp out in our room very early thinking we'd just stay there. When we headed to bed in his room he tried to block us from entering the room. Once we were in there, though, he just fussed and complained a little but didn't cry or scream. Again we read a book and watched a little TV and he went to sleep. Both DH and I ended up sleeping in the boys' room. Kind of defeats the purpose. I've had to spend both nights jumping from one twin bed to the next as they wake but it's not been too bad.

#194 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. It just runs and runs and runs but never goes anywhere else. Thanks for sending them an email. I think it's got to be something with cookies but I don't know what or how to fix it.

DH and I are trying to move the LOs into their own room so we'll have more private time. They've slept in their own room that they share for 2 nights now. It's going pretty well. The first night our 5yo screamed and cried for about 30 minutes and then settled down so we could read a book and then he fell asleep about 2 hours earlier than usual. We were in the room with him the entire time just sitting with him. After they were both asleep we went to sleep in our room. Of course, I eventually had to get up and go back to there room and ended up sleeping in there most of the night. Last night he tried to camp out in our room very early thinking we'd just stay there. When we headed to bed in his room he tried to block us from entering the room. Once we were in there, though, he just fussed and complained a little but didn't cry or scream. Again we read a book and watched a little TV and he went to sleep. Both DH and I ended up sleeping in the boys' room. Kind of defeats the purpose. I've had to spend both nights jumping from one twin bed to the next as they wake but it's not been too bad.
HeHe, I went through the same thing for about 2 years!! DH was a total enabler, he would sit with them until they fell asleep, then he would end up falling asleep too!! Totally defeats the purpose. I finally got them all in their own beds (minus the 16mo) when DH went to Iraq and we moved on base to a new house!! Now I'm working on getting the lo to sleep through the night in his bed!! THe bed is so much bigger with only one baby with us!!
#195 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post
HeHe, I went through the same thing for about 2 years!! DH was a total enabler, he would sit with them until they fell asleep, then he would end up falling asleep too!! Totally defeats the purpose. I finally got them all in their own beds (minus the 16mo) when DH went to Iraq and we moved on base to a new house!! Now I'm working on getting the lo to sleep through the night in his bed!! THe bed is so much bigger with only one baby with us!!
My dh comes in the room and tries to go to sleep and then complains and gets grumpy because of all the noise. I tell him he can go in our room but he doesn't. I need to start going back to my room once the boys are asleep. I haven't bothered because I know I'll eventually have to get up again.

Ovusoft is all wacked for me for some reason. I tried changing some of my preferences to get my O day and CL moved but it didn't work. I finally set my O day myself but I don't think there's any way I can set the CL so the chart looks kind of funny.

#196 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 11:28 AM

I think I finally O'ed! FINALLY! I normally O between CD 12-15 and it's CD 20. But the good thing is I get a nice long break between AF!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#197 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 12:24 PM

CD 11 here. Based on past cycles I might have fertile CM today, but none yet. We'll see.
#198 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
My dh comes in the room and tries to go to sleep and then complains and gets grumpy because of all the noise. I tell him he can go in our room but he doesn't. I need to start going back to my room once the boys are asleep. I haven't bothered because I know I'll eventually have to get up again.

Ovusoft is all wacked for me for some reason. I tried changing some of my preferences to get my O day and CL moved but it didn't work. I finally set my O day myself but I don't think there's any way I can set the CL so the chart looks kind of funny.

I guess at least you are doing it together. FOr us it was one or the other. I, of course, got out of it because I had the babies with me. I guess it was even!!

So I noticed that you haven't been updating FF. Ovusoft confuses me for now so I don't like lookin! I remembered you saying something about you and DH dtd on a fertile day and have kind of been stalking your chart!!!

AFM: I totally forgot to take my temp yesterday and the day before. I remembered today!! I think my chart is so ugly this cycle!! I can't even really tell if I O'd. My temps are usually way higher after O. They seem so even with pre-O temps this time. I did have O pains one day a few days before FF says I o'd. I guess we'll just hold out.
Have a good day!!
#199 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 01:14 PM

Katie - MarineWife is having issues with her chart. I too was stalking and wondering why she hadn't updated.

I am 11 dpo and my temp was pretty low today. So might be a shorter LP than normal. We will see. It's so nice to know when AF is going to show up, or at least have an idea. Before I knew FAM I would think hmm I should get my period again...sometime...in mid-February...I knew within a week or so but now I can know within a day or so! :

ETA: Nevermind, I'm 12 dpo. Lol. Not quite so different from my usual LP of 12 days, then, if AF does show today.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#200 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So I noticed that you haven't been updating FF. Ovusoft confuses me for now so I don't like lookin! I remembered you saying something about you and DH dtd on a fertile day and have kind of been stalking your chart!!!
I'm still trying figure out why I can't get on FF. Everything else seems to be working except that one site. My Ovusoft chart is up to date. We dtd on a day that I had lots of ewcf but it was at least 5 more days before I Oed so there's not much chance of me being pg.

I guess if you ROT any pre-O temps above your CL, you can see a thermal shift.

Annie ~ That sure does look like O.

#201 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 PM

MarineWife-I'm sorry you are having problems with that site. That would frustrate me.

I'm on cd 11. Come on O! I definitely need to be careful right now. I have plenty of cm. You guys were right, my temp did drop after a few days into my cycle.
#202 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 09:09 PM

Duh, I totally knew that you were having probs with FF. Hope you get that fixed soon!!

Question: If I was pg would my temp stay high the WHOLE pregnancy??

Also, I know that the progestrone is high during lp. It can cause nausea (it does for me) just like in pregnancy. Can it also make my milk supply decrease then??
#203 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't know how long your temp would stay high. I stopped temping pretty quickly after I knew I was pg because it was driving me crazy watching the temps go up and down.

#204 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Can it also make my milk supply decrease then??
Many mothers notice a decrease in milk supply shortly before each period.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#205 of 282 Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 PM

Well, I do think my milk definetly decreases during my LP. DS gets frustrated cause the let down takes forever!!!

Thanks!!
#206 of 282 Old 02-20-2009, 10:17 AM

I finally got a positive OPK right on the day I was expecting! Yay I love having another piece to the puzzle.
#207 of 282 Old 02-20-2009, 02:33 PM

checking in. CD 13, on day two of EWCM and no thermal shift to be found yet. looks like i might make it past CD13, because i never O with only two days of fertile CM first, yay! that makes me really excited.
#208 of 282 Old 02-20-2009, 04:30 PM

Just as I thought. Watery CM started yesterday and is stretchy today. Some pretty bad cramps this time too. If I weren't charting, I'd think AF were coming... Every time something like this happens, and when DH is here and we DTD, I'm so grateful I know what's going on with my body. I can't believe I spent so many years not knowing *anything* about my cycle... About 13 years in fact...
#209 of 282 Old 02-20-2009, 05:37 PM

AF today! I'm glad to be onto another cycle...definitely going to be more careful this time!

Melissa, NICU nurse, married to DH since 6/07, biggrinbounce.gifDS 5/31/10 h20homebirth.gif, Baby # 2 due 12/10/12 ***4***8stork-suprise.gif**12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40 

#210 of 282 Old 02-20-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Duh, I totally knew that you were having probs with FF. Hope you get that fixed soon!!

Also, I know that the progestrone is high during lp. It can cause nausea (it does for me) just like in pregnancy. Can it also make my milk supply decrease then??
I temped regularly until 21 DPO, and sporadically until 12 weeks and my temp stayed in my post-o range during that time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page