Forum Jump: 

#241 of 282 Old 02-24-2009, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any info you may be able to provide, would be great:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1046830

Thank you!

I usually don't o before day 15....so I am hoping that we are ok...guess I won't know for sure for another week or so.

Lu married to DH, mom to DD Nov 2005, DS Sep 2007 and DD Nov 6, 2009
#242 of 282 Old 02-24-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiddlinmama View Post
Hi everyone! I have been MIA for a while now because I'm:

: :

I didn't update because I know people IRL on here and we weren't announcing the pg yet. Some of you probably remember my January saga. I would say it's user failure, (along with Murphy's Law) not method failure. We DTD on my first fertile day (creamy), CD10, knowing there was a slight risk. I had never ovulated before CD19 - usually more like CD22. I had 4 days of creamy and only had 2 days of EW, the last day being CD 16. I had a temp shift on CD 17. I still thought I was ok. That's a long time for sperm to live! BFP on CD 31.

We are really excited (dh is over the moon.) I wasn't ready, but I'm warming up to little squirt. All I can think is this one is really supposed to be here for some reason. Also, my progesterone levels were at a 9 (supposed to be at least 25 by now) so I'm on shots twice a week. It's amazing to me that baby has stuck for 8 weeks with my levels being so abominably low.

Due date by cycle is Sept. 28 and by ultrasound October 4th. I have had 3 miscarriages, so I'm praying the progesterone will help little squirt stick.

I have really enjoyed my time here with you all. I'm going to be moving to my first DDC here on MDC!

My parting words of wisdom: "If you don't want to get pregnant, follow the rules!"
Congrats to you! And I hate to say it, but glad it's you and not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrwbabe View Post
Any info you may be able to provide, would be great:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1046830

Thank you!

I usually don't o before day 15....so I am hoping that we are ok...guess I won't know for sure for another week or so.
Sorry to say it, but I don't think you're in the clear... if it were me, I'd be worrying.

I'm just plugging along in my CD 13. I think I might be gearing up for some CM, but so far, no show. But that's pretty typical for me.

signature currently in transition
#243 of 282 Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Earlier or later? What would they be if adjusted?
One is earlier and one is later. I'm not sure about the adjusting because FF says I need a VIP account for that, but I guess one of the high temps would come down and the other would go up... so, I'm not sure what that would mean.

Quote:
I would temp when you wake up rather than waiting. I've experimented with that. I'll take my temp when I wake up, stay in bed for another 30 minutes or so but not go back to sleep, then temp again at my regular time. My temp usually goes way down if I do that. I'm pretty sure TCOYF says that as long as you temp within an hour of the same time every time you should be able to interpret your chart and see a thermal shift.
Ah... I try to wait until after DH gets out of bed because the thermometer annoys him. But then I have experimented a little and I don't find it makes much difference for me... for example I can take my temperature, then go the bathroom and take it again and it will be the same.

My alarm is set for 7:30 but sometimes I wake up at 6 am. So, I'm not sure what to do then.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#244 of 282 Old 02-24-2009, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggie View Post
One is earlier and one is later. I'm not sure about the adjusting because FF says I need a VIP account for that, but I guess one of the high temps would come down and the other would go up... so, I'm not sure what that would mean.
The general rule for adjusting is 0.1 degree F up for every half hour earlier and 0.1 degree F down for every half hour later that you temp.

If one temp would be down and one would be up, I'd definitely ROT the one that would be up. That would probably make your thermal shift more clear.

Quote:
My alarm is set for 7:30 but sometimes I wake up at 6 am. So, I'm not sure what to do then.
In that case I would just temp at 6 am and leave it. It shouldn't really make that much difference.

I'm on cd1, I guess. I was expecting AF today or tomorrow. I was hoping for tomorrow since that would get my lp back to my normal 12 days...still only 11 days for now, though.

Oops...forgot to answer mrsrwbabe.

I'd say it's very unlikely you are pg if you dtd last 5 days before O. For me, it would almost certainly never happen. However, it is certainly possible since it has happened to others so I wouldn't say that you are in the clear, either. At this point, you'll just have to wait and see.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#245 of 282 Old 02-25-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
One thing I've learned from years of charting is not to expect anything. You'll drive yourself crazy expecting your temps, cf and cycles to be a certain way all the time (even if they usually are). The data are what they are. There's not really anything anyone can do to make them different. So, just record it as it is and let it go.
Thanks you are right. Sometimes it is hard to not get caught up in the little stuff and not look at the big picture.

Quote:
You could just go in and manually adjust it yourself. That way you wil be able to see a clearer thermal shift.

Ah... I try to wait until after DH gets out of bed because the thermometer annoys him. But then I have experimented a little and I don't find it makes much difference for me... for example I can take my temperature, then go the bathroom and take it again and it will be the same.
[COLOR="blue"] This is generally true for me as well. [COLOR="blue"]

I generally take my temp at the earlies time that I know I wont get a good few consecutive hours of sleep after.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#246 of 282 Old 02-25-2009, 04:24 PM

Congrats cfiddlinmama!

DH wants to start TTC in April. I'm warming up to the idea of another baby, and I know he really wants one. Meanwhile, CD 17, still fertile.
#247 of 282 Old 02-25-2009, 05:03 PM

Just catching up b/c I haven't been around much the last few days. I just ordered some really cheap OPK and HPT. I got 50 OPK and 10 HPT for $15.60 plus $3.50 shipping. That is the best I have found. The ebay store name is Stuffs2ever1 they have 100% positive fb from 1471 people. So how does it work. If you get ---+- does that mean that I O'd on the 4th day of testing or the 5th? They say that you will O 24-36hrs after a +. I see most of you who use them usually the OPK + is on the day before the thermal shift and the ch are on that day. Just wondering.

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#248 of 282 Old 02-25-2009, 06:05 PM

Blah, I hate when my cycle gets weird. I usually O on CD 13 or 14, but today is CD16 and nothing yet. I've only had teeny tiny amounts of EWCM if you wanna even call it that. Its driving DH crazy too!

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#249 of 282 Old 02-25-2009, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momongeon View Post
So how does it work. If you get ---+- does that mean that I O'd on the 4th day of testing or the 5th? They say that you will O 24-36hrs after a +. I see most of you who use them usually the OPK + is on the day before the thermal shift and the ch are on that day. Just wondering.
The rule for opks that is you will usually O 24-36 hours after the first + that you get. Once you get a +, you can stop using them. It is possible to O as soon as 12 hours or as late as 72 hours after that first + or to not O at all. Remember that temping is only accurate to within 3 days of O.

I may have to rely solely on CF this cycle if we continue putting the boys to sleep in their room. I get virtually no sleep because I play musical beds all night long and there's no way I can predict a good time to temp.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#250 of 282 Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 AM

cfiddlinmama- Congratulations! But I must say, your story sounds all too familiar. What will be, will be, I suppose.
#251 of 282 Old 02-26-2009, 10:21 AM

Well FF thinks I oed and I am not convinced.
Anyone else have another take on my chart? I didn't have the CP or CF I normally have at O.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#252 of 282 Old 02-26-2009, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two babes View Post
Well FF thinks I oed and I am not convinced.
Anyone else have another take on my chart? I didn't have the CP or CF I normally have at O.
I think it's because of the + opk. I think it's possible you did O but not until yesterday. 2 more temps will tell.

#253 of 282 Old 02-26-2009, 10:52 AM

Tra la la, just moseying along here on CD 15. Still waiting to see any signs of Oing, but that's common for me, I was so hopeful my cycles were starting to even out, and just watch me now have a 2-3 month cycle. Sigh. I just want to see some signs now since I'm charting again. Here's where I'm at now, I don't agree with the purple fertility shading, but that's because the software doesn't know me yet. And since I'm drawing a blank, there's the luteal phase and then _____ phase of the cycle.

For some reason, I cannot get my FF chart to where I can show it, even after much help my MarineWife. The link I gave her on the main page is just to a snapshot (on the my fertility chart) and is not dynamic. I know I"m just missing something on FF, but what it is I don't know.

#254 of 282 Old 02-26-2009, 04:04 PM

Ok, I know I just posted, but I'm excited! I think I'm gearing up to O. Been feeling different today and I rechecked myself and position is different, open and starting to have the slightest CM.

Do you know how excited I am to have any amount of predictability in my cycles?! I am very excited! I was bumming in my last post because I thought I would be in a holding pattern for another month or two, but this is way cool. I'm hoping for no more months and months on end of wondering when the next period would come. It's almost like giving birth was my cycle reset button.

Ok, I will stop going on and on.

#255 of 282 Old 02-26-2009, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
I don't agree with the purple fertility shading, but that's because the software doesn't know me yet. And since I'm drawing a blank, there's the luteal phase and then _____ phase of the cycle.
What does the purple shading mean, you are entering your fertile (proliferative) phase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Do you know how excited I am to have any amount of predictability in my cycles?! I am very excited! I was bumming in my last post because I thought I would be in a holding pattern for another month or two, but this is way cool. I'm hoping for no more months and months on end of wondering when the next period would come. It's almost like giving birth was my cycle reset button.
Yes, I know how exciting that is. I'm still waiting but the prospect is exciting for me.

#256 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
What does the purple shading mean, you are entering your fertile (proliferative) phase?
Yeah it does, it seems presently to be based off a standard 28 day, so I just ignore it. I think it might adjust after a few cycles and the software gets to "know" me.

Quote:
Yes, I know how exciting that is. I'm still waiting but the prospect is exciting for me.
Thanks for sharing in my excitement!

#257 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 11:34 AM

:

Hi TTAers,

I'll be signing up for the March thread. We have a 6.5 y.o. and an 18 mo. old, and we will have to wait until harvest is over to have the $$ for DH to get a vasectomy. So, for now we are charting to avoid. We really, really do not want anymore!

I'm learning the rules of TTA. I only temp from about CD 10 or so. I never have a cycle shorter than 28 days, and only rarely do I go to 29 or 30 days, so I pretty much O on or very close to CD 14.

That said we DTD wantonly and passionately (and of course, unprotectedly) on CD 7. I had fertile CM show up two days later on CD9. And again yesterday. UNLESS, and here's where I need some help: could that still have been semen imitating fertile CM? Two days later?

Even if I do O on CD 14, there is no way that I need worry from having DTD on CD 7 right? That's way on the slim to none end of the spectrum, right?

Thanks for your wisdom

Judi
#258 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 11:58 AM

Welcome, Judi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
I'm learning the rules of TTA. I only temp from about CD 10 or so. I never have a cycle shorter than 28 days, and only rarely do I go to 29 or 30 days, so I pretty much O on or very close to CD 14.
Don't assume you O on CD 14 every time unless you have temps to back it up! You could have a short LP & typically O on DC 18. Or a long LP & typically O earlier.

The rhythm method has a very low rate of efficacy.

Quote:
That said we DTD wantonly and passionately (and of course, unprotectedly) on CD 7. I had fertile CM show up two days later on CD9. And again yesterday. UNLESS, and here's where I need some help: could that still have been semen imitating fertile CM? Two days later?
I always see seminal fluid the day after DTD.

Quote:
Even if I do O on CD 14, there is no way that I need worry from having DTD on CD 7 right? That's way on the slim to none end of the spectrum, right?
It is on the slim to none end of the spectrum, but still within the range of possibility. Scroll up on this thread for an example!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#259 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
Welcome, Judi!

Don't assume you O on CD 14 every time unless you have temps to back it up! You could have a short LP & typically O on DC 18. Or a long LP & typically O earlier.
Thanks so much for your reply!!

Way back when I was charting to conceive, and temping the whole cycle, I was always a CD14 O'er. Clockwork, textbook. That's my only reason for assuming ...

Quote:
I always see seminal fluid the day after DTD.
Cool. Even two days later, tho?

Quote:
It is on the slim to none end of the spectrum, but still within the range of possibility. Scroll up on this thread for an example!
That sure would stink!
#260 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Cool. Even two days later, tho?
Hey, if you've got the temps to back up your O's, that's a different story!

To clarify the SR: I see it the next day, maybe continuing into the second day, but never DTD & then not see SR the next day but only 2 days later. Clear as mud?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#261 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 PM

Someone want to remind me the difference between the stretchy (rubber cement like) that can occur with sticky cm and the stretchy that occurs with EWCM? Last night I noticed a different cm than I'd had all day so I checked it out. I can't tell if it was just scant EWCM or sticky....I don't ever have clear stuff so I can't base it off that. I'm pretty sure it was sticky but only because it didn't stretch a lot. Scientific huh? I'll grab my book later on..it's in the bedroom with sleeping kiddos.

Also, I know you are supposed to chart the most fertile Cm for the day. What about your CP? I checked this morning when I got out of the shower and then just now since I thought I saw some EWCM. The heighth changed in the last couple hours. Do I chart the most fertile one or should I just stick to the first one?

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#262 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 01:06 PM

I'm 5dpo! ::
#263 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
Someone want to remind me the difference between the stretchy (rubber cement like) that can occur with sticky cm and the stretchy that occurs with EWCM? Last night I noticed a different cm than I'd had all day so I checked it out. I can't tell if it was just scant EWCM or sticky....I don't ever have clear stuff so I can't base it off that. I'm pretty sure it was sticky but only because it didn't stretch a lot. Scientific huh? I'll grab my book later on..it's in the bedroom with sleeping kiddos.

Also, I know you are supposed to chart the most fertile Cm for the day. What about your CP? I checked this morning when I got out of the shower and then just now since I thought I saw some EWCM. The heighth changed in the last couple hours. Do I chart the most fertile one or should I just stick to the first one?
EWCF should stretch at least an inch and be slippery. Sticky CF should break easily and not be very slippery. Don't know if any of that helps.

With CP, you are only supposed to check that once a day at the same time every day because it can change position throughout the day. If I remember correctly, TCOYF says cp can become more fertile seeming as the day progresses. So, my answer to your question is that you should record whichever cp was at your usual time for checking it.

#264 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 05:51 PM

Thanks! That helps a ton actually.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#265 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Glad I could help.

I was finally able to get on FF. : My FF chart is now updated and it gave me the O day I thought rather than the day later that Ovusoft gave me.

#266 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Double :: I'm on Firefox again! I don't have to deal with Internet Explorer anymore! I should be all fixed and good to go now.

#267 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 PM

What do you all think about my chart.. It has been Constant with the temp for 3 days,
I have not listed all my DTD times but I was just wondering what you all thought, I usually have a 12 LP. It just donesn't look like it is going down, My Breast have been sore but that might be from AF coming. ok well thanks!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23c5d5

Daughter (7.5) Son(5) and Husband of 9 Years!!  saynovax.gifhomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgh20homebirth.gif
***5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*stork-boy.gif
#268 of 282 Old 02-27-2009, 09:09 PM

That's got to be relieving MarineWife!

After hearing about your scare, I've been diligent in keeping a paper record as well because the very thought of losing track of my charting and having a surprise just about gives me a heart attack. LOL
#269 of 282 Old 02-28-2009, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmi2kids View Post
What do you all think about my chart.. It has been Constant with the temp for 3 days,
I have not listed all my DTD times but I was just wondering what you all thought, I usually have a 12 LP. It just donesn't look like it is going down, My Breast have been sore but that might be from AF coming. ok well thanks!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23c5d5
It looks triphasic for now but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I've had triphasic temps and wasn't pg. I think your O day is wrong. I'd put it at cd19 with a CL of 97.5. That makes you only 10dpo so you have 3 more days before expecting AF. However, changing your O day makes it hard to know for sure that you actually Oed before cd26 because of all the missing temps. You don't have 3 consecutive high temps until cd27-29.

#270 of 282 Old 02-28-2009, 11:20 AM

Thanks MarineWife, I went out of town and I didn't take my Temp. So that is why I stoped Temping. But ya I usually have a 12 lp in so thanks for telling me that I have 3 more days I would just be so worried think I was three days late.. Ya I am not that Educated about this Temping but when I saw that it was such a jump I thought It could be something about it. Last month and the month before i was sick both times and my Temps were all over the place, But Running a Temp. and trying to temp is not alway the Best.. So anyways thanks oh and today I was the same temp 97.9 the fourth day in a row? IS there any reasoning behind that? in the Charting World?
Thanks

Daughter (7.5) Son(5) and Husband of 9 Years!!  saynovax.gifhomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgh20homebirth.gif
***5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*stork-boy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page