FAM-Drawing the Coverline - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-19-2003, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I loaned out my copy of TCOYF and now I need help drawing a coverline. Is it 1 degree over you highest of previous 6?

I have96.9, 97.2, 97,2 96.8, 97.2, and 97.0 Then we jumped up to 98.0 and 97.5 So is my coverline to be drawn in at 97.3????

Another question I was dry or still experiencing PP spotting up until 2 day before the termal shift. We made love (unprotected)at about 36 hours before, so the day before was a ???? Then had 2 day of sticky, creamy, more mucous than yet while charting but nothing compared to the fertile mucous I usually get (used to have days of eggwhite) So am I sweatin' it now! Katie is 7 weeks old!!! 7 WEEKS! I am exclusively BF, co-sleeping never goes more than 3 hours between feeds. I assumed on a dry day I would be safe (although I did check in the early AM and we didn't make love until nearly midnight so the mucous might have changed), but still! I am not even going to say the P word cause I will NOT be a happy camper!
#2 of 4 Old 12-19-2003, 04:32 PM

Quote:
So is my coverline to be drawn in at 97.3????
yes

As for your cf, I'm not a mama (yet!) but I did look up some more info about breastfeeding and FAM and it says to pay attention to the quality of the cf as opposed to the quantity. Since prolactin (the milk production hormone) affects estrogen and other hormones, it can mask certain hormonal effects. I don't mean to sound ominous, but...

warmly,
claudia
mama-to-be in late spring 2004!
#3 of 4 Old 12-21-2003, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

SO on Saturday I woke up and was WAY below my coverline 96.7! The this AM Sunday was back above to 97.6???????? I traditionally dip on day 3 (Sat) down right to my coverline, but never below especially that far. So did I ovulate? Why else would my temps be fluctuating so wildly? I do sleep irregularly with a new baby, etc, but I had 2 weeks of incredibly steady temps within 0.3 of each other and nothing has really changed.
#4 of 4 Old 12-26-2003, 04:54 PM

weesej,

It sounds like you have a good handle on your temps. Claudia brought up a good point: that the breastfeeding may mask some of the CM signs...without knowing if your CM changed throughout the day, the sticky/creamy may have been a masked EW, or it may have just been sticky/creamy. My guess is that you are experience a gradual return of your fertility. And that you are not pregnant. By co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding, you *should* experience a warning period before your fertility fully returns.

If you want to use LAM/modified-FAM to postpone another pregnancy, I'd rec'd monitoring your CM throughout the day so you have more information to work with. I have been using NFP for over 3 years, and while I detect general patterns, my coverlines/HTLs are rarely the same. There are just too many environmental factors (sleep, nutrition, alcohol, night lighting, and nursing frequency) for the degrees to match as closely as the overall CM patterns. There are some good research studies available if you want more scientific data. IMHO, Kippley’s book is one of THE best resources. Here is a link to the book with a bunch of reviews: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books
HTH,
palmetto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page