Charting to Avoid March 2009 Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
But, your lp is still within the range of normal, even if AF doesn't show until tomorrow. Not necessarily normal for your lp, but still within normal range, yes?

looks like there was a temp drop, so maybe tomorrow you'll have af ... :
yes, you're right.

buuuuut, i'm still in a panic.

to make it even better i was sick from CD12-CD17, no fever, but who knows, maybe that threw things off. blargh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
i was soooo careful this cycle because i'm temporarily on some meds that i absolutely cannot be pg on, #$%&*%$%.
Could the meds be affecting things somehow? When I first started the meds I'm on now, they raised my temps just enough and just long enough to make me think I Oed but AF didn't come for something like 3 or 4 more weeks after that. I kept poas because I thought I must've been pg.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 03-06-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Could the meds be affecting things somehow? When I first started the meds I'm on now, they raised my temps just enough and just long enough to make me think I Oed but AF didn't come for something like 3 or 4 more weeks after that. I kept poas because I thought I must've been pg.
hmmm, possibly... if i have to wait three weeks i'm going to lose my mind.

in any case, i reset my O date so i can scrutinize it like that for while

i just checked CP and got a pretty decent amount of pink-tinged CM back, so i'm feeling a bit better about this.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:44 PM

I have been soooo bad about taking my temp since I ovulated. I really need to get back in the habit before my next cycle starts.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:52 PM

Yay! FF and I agree I O'd on cd21. I'm on cd24... so tomorrow night we'll be okay to dtd! DH is going to be SO excited. I just LOVE figuring my cycles out. It's just so interesting to me! Maybe that's because I'm already interested in this area in my working towards my midwifery degree?

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:15 PM

DucetteMama -

Laggie - Glad AF showed! I don't know, your LPs do look really variable.

Quote:
i mean condoms do fail, but nothing broke, so i don't even know how that's possible.

i was soooo careful this cycle because i'm temporarily on some meds that i absolutely cannot be pg on, #$%&*%$%. everything about this cycle is screwy. i wish i didn't DTD at all.

that's it, i'm POAS tomorrow morning.
POAS now for peace of mind. Then believe it if it says . I have to say that FF does look right (to me) about your O date. Sending AF vibes.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 03-06-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
POAS now for peace of mind. Then believe it if it says . I have to say that FF does look right (to me) about your O date. Sending AF vibes.
yeah, it looks right to me too. i only question it a little because i was sick from CD12-17.

it's 5pm here, so i dunno if i'll believe a test at 14DPO with like 10th morning urine, .

ETA: i just tested. got a two pack in case AF doesn't show this weekend. BFN.

so far so good.

ps, can you tell i'm stalking this thread?
Old 03-06-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
yeah, it looks right to me too. I only question it a little because i was sick from cd12-17.

It's 5pm here, so i dunno if i'll believe a test at 14dpo with like 10th morning urine, .

Eta: I just tested. Got a two pack in case af doesn't show this weekend. Bfn.

So far so good.

Ps, can you tell i'm stalking this thread?
lol

Old 03-06-2009, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Laggie ~ You're right that your O day on your January chart could be wrong because of those missing temps. It could've occurred anytime from cd15-18. If you Oed on cd15, your lp was 14 days long. I don't think your O day on your December chart is 100% certain, either. FF is also not sure, hence the dotted crosshairs. On that chart, based solely on temps, you could've O as early as cd11. That would make your lp for that cycle 15 or 16 days, right? I'm a little confused by that chart because it ends on 12/31 but you don't have AF starting on the next chart until 01/02. Anyway, my point is that your O days aren't 100% clear so you can't be certain of how long your lp actually is yet. Maybe after a few more charted cycles it'll be more clear. Can you show us your November chart now? I love analyzing charts.
I'm *almost* tempted to pay the fee on FF so it can show all my charts... but not quite tempted enough! Showing November and February now... Now that I look, I am seeing a pattern where my 1 or 2 days (I don't get much) of EWCM tend to happen 2 to 4 days before my temperature goes up. I wonder if O is actually happening earlier than the software thinks, and my temp just takes a little longer to rise? Is that even possible?

I don't think I o'd so early in December though, because EWCM wasn't until Day 14. Sorry, you can't see that one anymore.

In any case, I'll just consider my LP 'unknown' for the time being I guess. The good news is, if O is happening earlier than FF thinks then I'm extra safe by the time it says O is over. I'm sticking with just the first 5 days rule and the after-O rules because DH says he will divorce me if I get PG.

I'm *so* thankful that I have all of you ladies to bounce this stuff off of... I think I would be *very* confused otherwise. Thank you!!!

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 03-06-2009, 04:14 PM

Anyone wanna peek at my chart? FF has given me crosshairs and on a day that I have been counting as o. It just seemed to be it. Ovusoft, however, hasn't givn me squat! I put in fake temps yesterday and it did eventually give them to me but 2 days after what I suspect to be o. I tried changing it from temp. and cm to just temps. and it made no difference (though I'm not surprised seeing as cm and temps finally agree for me!)

Here it is.

I won't say what day I think it is just to see what you all think. Oh, if I change ff to the advanced setting (I have it on fertility awareness) it does take away cross hairs and looks just like my ovusoft chart. I don't use advanced because I swear I read it looks for patterns based off my past charts. Seems like a bad idea (I know it still uses the rules of charting). I dunno.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
Anyone wanna peek at my chart? FF has given me crosshairs and on a day that I have been counting as o. It just seemed to be it.
I would put O on day 22, but with only 1 really high temp so far... I would have to wait for more high temperatures to confirm. I'm pretty sure that FF won't set an O date in FAM mode until you have 3 temps over the coverline.

Admittedly I am not great at charting yet! I'm sure somebody more experienced will chime in...

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 03-06-2009, 04:41 PM

OtherMother'n'Madre: If you shave CD 17 & 20, then you could get an O on CD 22. Or your O could be CD 24 if your next few temps are at the same level as CD 25.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 03-06-2009, 04:43 PM

Laggie ! Glad I have a good DH... He'd never leave, esp. not if I were PG! He *did* it, after all... So yeah, it'd be his responsibility too.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
Laggie ! Glad I have a good DH... He'd never leave, esp. not if I were PG! He *did* it, after all... So yeah, it'd be his responsibility too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma
OtherMother'n'Madre: If you shave CD 17 & 20, then you could get an O on CD 22. Or your O could be CD 24 if your next few temps are at the same level as CD 25.
: to both

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 03-06-2009, 05:12 PM

I've been thinking it was CD22 myself. I have low temps so it's not out of the ordinary to have o'd and have those 2 lower temps. FF agrees with me and gave me crosshairs with an o date of cd22. I'm not too overly concerned though. DH is out of town and has been since Sunday and won't be back until later in the week.

You guys are good! I went and nixed cd 17 and 20 just to see and sure enough it gave me crosshairs.

Aha! My rot option wasn't on. If I turn it on it rots either cd17 or cd20 depending on which one I personally take out.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 03-06-2009, 05:51 PM

there's nothing like POAS to bring on AF, eh? just started spotting.

i wish i had waited a few hours before i spent that money now :

:
Old 03-06-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggie View Post
In any case, I'll just consider my LP 'unknown' for the time being I guess. The good news is, if O is happening earlier than FF thinks then I'm extra safe by the time it says O is over. I'm sticking with just the first 5 days rule and the after-O rules because DH says he will divorce me if I get PG.
That's quite ridiculous. It takes two to tango.

Quote:
there's nothing like POAS to bring on AF, eh? just started spotting.

i wish i had waited a few hours before i spent that money now :

:
Glad to hear it. Sorry I encouraged you to waste money.

OMM - I agree with others. Also, the next few days temps should make things clearer.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Glad to hear it. Sorry I encouraged you to waste money.
that's ok it was a good idea. and hey, now i've got a test for the next time this happens; i'm sure it will eventually, i seem to average one scare a year.

anyway, yep, AF is here. : i never thought i'd be happy to say that. thanks to everyone who looked at my chart.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:11 AM

I'm 13 dpo on cycle...now I can't remember exactly because it's dark in here so I can't see the chart, but we've been doing this for about a year since my IUD fell out, and we did it for 3 years prior to dd so I consider myself a seasoned veteran.

I've been crampy for a week or two and exhausted for the last three days. Dh and I had unprotected sex on Day 6, while I was still spotting from my period. My body went all funky on me and ovulated on Day 11, which in my memory has never happened before. My luteal phases are normally only 12 days (admittedly, I've been less regular since having dd) and this morning my BBT went UP, not down. I feel like I did when I got pregnant with dd and I am now freaking out and thinking about getting dressed without peeing first and driving to Wal-Mart (it's 6 a.m. and I NEVER EVER EVER go to Wal-Mart so I don't have to worry about anyone recognizing me) and buying a pregnancy test and coming back here and taking it so I can at least KNOW.

Help. Help. Help. I kind-of-sort-of-a-little-bit want another child, but dh doesn't and I feel very strongly about not having a child who isn't 100% wanted by both parents, like dd was. Plus we don't have much money, our house is minuscule, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my job and am not willing to give it up even for a baby but it also doesn't pay enough money to pay for child care for 2 kids and health insurance, too. I have lots of wonderfully supportive people IRL but I just don't want to go mouthing off to everyone, ykim? So I'm doing it here. Please say something! I'm going to get dressed and go to Evilworld right now and if I get a BFN I will be so relieved but I will not feel silly for having posted this first because I bet I'm not the only one who's done this.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 03-07-2009, 10:57 AM

OMG. Back from evilworld (there was construction so I had to go all the way around and then once I got in all the self-checkout lanes were closed and there was only 1 line open so the 4 of us who were in the store had to wait for a long time behind a lady who was buying everything known to man...they were nice about it though) took the test and I think I see a very faint pink line next to the strong test line.

What do I do now???????????

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 03-07-2009, 11:15 AM

Does anyone know if an herbal thyroid supplement could have the effect of lengthening my luteal phase? I just started taking them about 4-5 days before I ovulated. I'm now on dpo 13....my average luteal phase is 11 days and the longest I've ever gone was 13 but I was actually pregnant that cycle and had a super early miscarriage.

It's possible I'm pregnant this cycle. My cycle was super long and I got fed up with it because I was perpetually slightly fertile. We were using condoms but then we had a problem with one and I said, "oh forget it, just pull out, it's not like I'm going to ever ovulate anyways." Yep, very next morning my temp was up

I don't feel pregnant at all though and usually by now I have some obvious signs. I truly would be very shocked if I am pregnant. All I can think is that the thyroid stuff is making my LP longer. Right? Possibly?

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:53 AM

Rachel: Thyroid function can certainly effect luteal phase length.

Julia:

Can you guys take a look at my chart? My temp dropped this morning at 7 days post what I've been counting as O. What is going on? Did I O or not? Is it just post miscarriage LP weirdness?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 03-07-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliacat View Post
OMG. Back from evilworld (there was construction so I had to go all the way around and then once I got in all the self-checkout lanes were closed and there was only 1 line open so the 4 of us who were in the store had to wait for a long time behind a lady who was buying everything known to man...they were nice about it though) took the test and I think I see a very faint pink line next to the strong test line.

What do I do now???????????
Oh Give it a few days for the news to sink in is what you do now I guess....let us know how your DH takes the news and hang in there. And congratulations.

Gotta love 6 am Walmart runs to buy a pregnancy test lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
Can you guys take a look at my chart? My temp dropped this morning at 7 days post what I've been counting as O. What is going on? Did I O or not? Is it just post miscarriage LP weirdness?
There is a secondary estrogen surge at about that point in the cycle that can cause your temp to drop like that for one day. Don't be worried!

Old 03-07-2009, 02:28 PM

MovingMomma mine drops like that the day I get my period ( See here? That was last cycle). Could that be the case with you?

Another high temp this morning so I'm fairly certain I'm 4dpo. My average since charting has been a 7 day lp. It'll be interesting to see if it has lengthed any.

My SIL asked me yesterday if I would buy her a test. She's late (anywhere from 5 days to only 1 day) and wants to surprise her DH with the positive test (which she's certain will be positive). I'm taking them to her tomorrow (I love All a Dollar ). I hope it is...I love positive tests. Just not for me.

ETA: Can I just say I had a momentary freak out? All these early bd's and conception almost a week later....I know in the right conditions sperm can live for up to what 5-7 days? We gio (and pulled out) four days prior to o and I had ewcm the whole time. I'm doubtful but good night some ladies here have made me nervous.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 03-07-2009, 03:08 PM

Quick question...how do you decide when it's safe to have unprotected sex in the first half of your cycle? Dh and I have been doing w/d for the first part (the entire first part starting at about cd6 or 7) which is fine but umm well it sucks. especially with not ovulating until much later (cd22 the last 2 cycles). Is it insane to do it based off the cycle forcasting (on ovusoft) and the dry day rule? It's such a downer for the first part of my cycle. Where my lp has an average of 7 days thoughI would rather be safe than sorry.

Give more**Expect Less
Old 03-07-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
There is a secondary estrogen surge at about that point in the cycle that can cause your temp to drop like that for one day. Don't be worried!
What if it's low again tomorrow? Can I worry then?

OtherMother'n'Madre: I'd be shocked to have a LP that short! I don't feel like AF is imminent. But yeah, my temp does usually drop like that the day of...I just don't think it's here yet.

We decide end of phase I different ways depending on circumstances...how much risk we want to take. We've done last dry day in the past, but that's the one that's most risky (93-97% effective). I think we're going to use the Doering rule for now. It's earliest day of thermal shift minus 7 (but only if dry...though there are exceptions...don't know if we'll use those or not). TAoNFP says Doering is 99-99.7% effective. TAoNFP has several other end of phase I rules (Day 3, 4, 5, and 6, all based on the length of your shortest cycle; and the 20 or 21 day rules--shortest cycle minus 20 or 21, depending on how many recorded cycles you have). It's been a while since I read TCOYF; what do they use there?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:48 PM

Ok, I looked up the post shift dip & I've got a plan. Feeling better about it now. If it goes back up tomorrow, we're good to DTD then. If it goes back up the day after tomorrow, then we're good to DTD then. But if it stays low on the 3rd day, we've got to wait for another three days of thermal shift after that before we're good to go again.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, Juliact!

Shannon ~ That sounds like a good plan to me. I've been meaning to ask. What is TAoNFP?

Shelsi ~ Maybe take a hpt tomorrow for peace of mind?

I'm pretty lax with the rules about when I'm safe. We use w/d when I have ewcf. Otherwise, we just dtd completely unprotected. I have had fertility issues in the past, though, and it's not easy for me to get and stay pg. We had to work really hard and I had to take lots of med to have my 2nd and 3rd children. If I got pg from unprotected sex without ewcf and/or more than 3 days from O, I would be completely shocked. Also, I'm not 100% completely opposed to having another at any time so I'm willing to be a little more risky.

If I absolutely did not want to get pg, I'd follow the dry day rule. Any sign of any CF and I'd use protection or abstain until I was sure I had Oed.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:21 PM

Hmmm, well I really haven't been worried about my lack of AF but now that I'm nearing the end of dpo 13 I'm def getting concerned a bit. I do actually have a test so I guess I'll test tomorrow a.m. if AF doesn't show. I'm not really sure how I'm feeling about all this. I hate that it was just stupidity on our part. I would never use withdrawal when I know I'm fertile...I'm one of those super fertile people. Stupid condom. I'm going to direct my anger at the dumb condom that wasn't going on correctly.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I've been meaning to ask. What is TAoNFP?
The Art of Natural Family Planning

User Tag List