Charting to Avoid March 2009 Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-08-2009, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't stay off of here now. I am going to test again tomorow with FMU.
I am not going to be able to breathe until I find out.

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two babes View Post
test again
Got any news?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 PM

no news yet I tested earlier and it was neg but I looked at it later and it was + serves me right for looking at it past the 10 minutes. Now I have to wait until tomorow morning. I have no prego symptoms at all. No AF symptoms either
Can you tell I am obsessing just a little?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
no news yet I tested earlier and it was neg but I looked at it later and it was + serves me right for looking at it past the 10 minutes. Now I have to wait until tomorow morning. I have no prego symptoms at all. No AF symptoms either
Can you tell I am obsessing just a little?
Send a picture, and I'll obsess with you! But, honestly, how badly did you want to avoid? Because when I was pregnant with DS I started testing at probably 10 dpo (or maybe earlier ) and my early tests all turned positive way after the time limit was up. Just preparing you for what you're probably going to see tomorrow in the bathroom!

Good luck!!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
Send a picture, and I'll obsess with you! But, honestly, how badly did you want to avoid? Because when I was pregnant with DS I started testing at probably 10 dpo (or maybe earlier ) and my early tests all turned positive way after the time limit was up. Just preparing you for what you're probably going to see tomorrow in the bathroom!

Good luck!!
But...internet cheapies have wicked evap lines sometimes.

Oh and it's nice to see you here Twilight! I hardly ever post here much anymore but we were in the July 07 DDC together.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:56 PM

Ok, CM experts...I have a question.

This morning when I checked I had some CM but I don't know what to call it. It was a little bit stretchy but not slippery like eggwhite. It definitely wasn't creamy or lotiony, and it was too wet to be sticky. It was kinda gummy, but wet. Is there a name for that?

I suppose it was just the eggwhite starting to dry up because I have been dry every time I've checked since. Maybe I will see my thermal shift tomorrow, it would be a bit early for me but I've already had my eggwhite! I guess we'll see.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 03-08-2009, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad everyone is in agreement about keeping track of accidental pgs. I think it will be interesting. I'll try to put the dates, too, so we can look back and remember how many each month or whatever.

Shannon ~ That is weird about your temp. Your thermal shift looks very obvious. I guess it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

Shelsi ~ Yay for AF!

Mommy2twobabes ~ Remind me, how long is your lp, usually? IC hpts are extremely notorious for evap lines, especially after the time limit. I can always see a line on my IC hpts if I look hard enough.

Barefoot ~ I'd guess that's your ewcf drying up. If you felt slippery or lubricative at all, I'd record ewcf. If not, I'd record sticky based on your description of it being gummy.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 03-08-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelsi View Post
But...internet cheapies have wicked evap lines sometimes.

Oh and it's nice to see you here Twilight! I hardly ever post here much anymore but we were in the July 07 DDC together.
Even when they are not blue dye tests? I never should have looked at it again after the time was up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post

Good luck!!
I tried to take a picture but I can't get them to turn out. The picture just shows up as fuzzy. The line has some pink color to it just very faint. I guess I will have to wait until tomorow. I have always wanted another but just recently came to terms with the fact that that wouldn't happen. We were planning on having DH get a V in a month or 2 and I just started back to school PT to do some upgrading. Not not wanted but not great timing.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, DS was a condom baby although I wasn't charting at that point. This seems to be my time of year, I checked out with a due date calculator and it is my DD's b-day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I'm glad everyone is in agreement about keeping track of accidental pgs. I think it will be interesting. I'll try to put the dates, too, so we can look back and remember how many each month or whatever.

mommy2twobabes ~ Remind me, how long is your lp, usually? IC hpts are extremely notorious for evap lines, especially after the time limit. I can always see a line on my IC hpts if I look hard enough.
My LP is usually 12-13 days. Depending on when I actually oed CD 13- CD 16
It either makes me late or not. I hope it is just an evap line.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
My LP is usually 12-13 days. Depending on when I actually oed CD 13- CD 16
It either makes me late or not. I hope it is just an evap line.
If it's usually 12-13 and you're only 14 that's not too far outside the range of normal...perhaps there is still hope for your temp to drop tomorrow and AF to show!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I'm glad everyone is in agreement about keeping track of accidental pgs. I think it will be interesting.
I keep pointing out to myself that this one is accidental but I'd been using FAM successfully for a cumulative total of four years...!

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 03-09-2009, 09:52 AM

Well I tested this morning and got a very faint
My head is just spinning a bit and this will take some time to sink in.
I spoke to my Mom about the possibility last night and she made me feel like I was a teenager and this would ruin everything. So now I am feeling little sick to my stomache but I don't think its MS

Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 AM

Ok, my temp is back up today. At least, if I adjust for the time change. If I don't adjust, it's the same as the day before yesterday. So can I consider it an estrogen surge or not?

How are you all handling the time change??? I've been temping at 5:30 & temped at 5:30 this am, but it is the 5:30 formerly known as 4:30.

mommy2twobabes: Congratulations! And you're considering this a condom failure, not a FAM failure, right?

BarefootScientist: I chart less than 1/2" stretch as tacky. I don't know what TCOYF calls it, though. I use sticky on FF.

Julia: But is it a method failure or a condom failure? I suppose you end up in the same place either way.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 03-09-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

mommy2twobabes: Congratulations! And you're considering this a condom failure, not a FAM failure, right?
Yes this has to be a condom failure. Although if I had acccepted the first o date FF gave me it could have been method failure.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
How are you all handling the time change??? I've been temping at 5:30 & temped at 5:30 this am, but it is the 5:30 formerly known as 4:30.
Just trying to do the usual on the time change. Ain't no way I'm getting up earlier than 4:35 TYVM!

But I suppose that could be a reason that my temp is up today. I've really had no CM signs. Last week I was a bit wetter, but nothing sticky, gooey or egg whitey. Though I did wonder if I was having some mittelschmerz, I can't say for certain as there's not sign of CM. This is what I hate with my cycle, there's nothing definitive except that they're usually longer cycles. It's so hard to know when it's safe to GIO sans protection. Grump grump grump. And I have no idea if my constant moving, shifting, nursing kicking off of covers makes a difference in my temps. Since that seems to be the biggest thing I can go by.

I will tentatively say that I should expect my period sometime around the 16-20th, only basing that on the pain I had last week.

MarineWife, I do like the idea of keeping track of how the pregnancies occur.

signature currently in transition
Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Well I tested this morning and got a very faint
My head is just spinning a bit and this will take some time to sink in.
I spoke to my Mom about the possibility last night and she made me feel like I was a teenager and this would ruin everything. So now I am feeling little sick to my stomache but I don't think its MS
It is not going to ruin everything. Congratulations.

Quote:
Ok, my temp is back up today. At least, if I adjust for the time change. If I don't adjust, it's the same as the day before yesterday. So can I consider it an estrogen surge or not?
I'm sorry, I have no idea.

Quote:
Huh, I hadn't even thought about the change in regards to temping. I've just kept taking it at 5:30. Now I'm a little confused about my temp. If I had adjusted for time change yesterday that would have been enough to make it a shift. And today...well last night was crazy. I temped at 4:30 instead of 5:30...so if I adjusted THAT one, it would be above a theoretical coverline too. Then I slept in and temped again just to check at about 7:45 and it was 97.7. Who the heck knows, lol? I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Quote:
Yes this has to be a condom failure. Although if I had excepted the first o date FF gave me it could have been method failure.
What exactly do you mean by that, I'm not following...

Thanks for the input on my CF. I decided to chart it as eggwhite because I did feel a little lubricative early in the day.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mommy2twobabes ~ Congratulations! : A baby won't ruin everything. It will make everything that much more wonderful.

Shannon ~ If your temp stays up there, I'd go back to thinking you Oed cd18 and those lower temps were just an estrogen surge. I know the rules say it only lasts a day but I think it could be longer just like O and implantation spotting are only supposed to last a day but I've had both for 2-3 days before and those are supposed to be caused by high estrogen, too. Whew! Talk about a run-on sentence.

Ovusoft tells you what to do about the time change. The day before DST, you are supposed to temp about 20 minutes earlier than your usual time. The day of DST you are supposed to temp 20 minutes later than your usual time. The next day you go back to your usual time (which is now an hour earlier). So, for example, if you usually temp at 6 am, the day before DST you temp at 5:40. The day of DST temp at 6:20. Then the day after go back to 6:00. I don't bother with all of that, though, unless I think I'm very close to O. It definitely doesn't matter if you are post O.

My temp was way up this am, too, at 98 F, which is a definite post-O temp for me. I'm nowhere near Oing, though, so I guess it could be because of the time change since everyone else is reporting higher than normal temps for today.

Wow! Two more to add to the graduated by pg list.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

I rearrange the Graduates on the front page and put those whom I know are pregnant under the Pregnant heading. So far, we've had 3 this month if you count Shell-Ell who got pregnant at the very end of February but we didn't know until March (I think).

Mommy2twobabes ~ Can I see your chart again? I'm just curious about your O day since there's some question about it.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Yes this has to be a condom failure. Although if I had acccepted the first o date FF gave me it could have been method failure.
congrats! : don't be sad...it'll be ok!

have you told DH yet?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Congrats Mommy2twobabes! :

CD 1 here! Luckily I didnt have to worry about the time change since I'm not really temping this week. My advanced subscription to FF expires in a few days. Eek! I finally did paper charting and studied TCOYF this past cycle, so I think I'll be ok without it now. I'm sure the basic FF can't be that bad.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle283 View Post
Congrats Mommy2twobabes! :

CD 1 here! Luckily I didnt have to worry about the time change since I'm not really temping this week. My advanced subscription to FF expires in a few days. Eek! I finally did paper charting and studied TCOYF this past cycle, so I think I'll be ok without it now. I'm sure the basic FF can't be that bad.
That's all I've ever used (the basic version) except every once in a while they give you 4-5 free VIP days to try and convince you to buy it. I've ever used FF to determine whether I am safe or not since it's set up for TTC.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I rearrange the Graduates on the front page and put those whom I know are pregnant under the Pregnant heading. So far, we've had 3 this month if you count Shell-Ell who got pregnant at the very end of February but we didn't know until March (I think).

Wow that seems like alot.

Mommy2twobabes ~ Can I see your chart again? I'm just curious about your O day since there's some question about it.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22472a/rss9350.xml
Here is the link to my chart

Hmm just realised that my other post didn't show up.
I only got a very daint + today and that would make sense if I am only 12 DPO and not 15 DPO that FF says.
If I had taken the first date FF gave me I would have been DTD unprotected when it happened instead of protected which did abslolutly no good lol

Old 03-09-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22472a/rss9350.xml
Here is the link to my chart

Hmm just realised that my other post didn't show up.
I only got a very daint + today and that would make sense if I am only 12 DPO and not 15 DPO that FF says.
If I had taken the first date FF gave me I would have been DTD unprotected when it happened instead of protected which did abslolutly no good lol
Oh, under the assumption you actually O'd CD 16, gotcha.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 PM

I don't mind keeping a tally on everything. We're six dpo and loving it! : Just hoping dear AF won't show up while I'm helping my sister have her baby. Although, with the way hormones work.. probably. My sister is due in less than a week and I can't wait for my niece to be here... then my sister might be learning about TCOYF CTA. She's shown some interest.

Alright ladies, have a great day!

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:46 PM

Yay! I'm on cd 2. I just completed my first full cycle TTA successfully.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:30 PM

congrats to everyone who is expecting
Old 03-09-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
ShwarmaQueen is pregnant right now but quit CTA to TTC, and DanelleB also got pregnant (with twins!) while charting (though I believe she was charting with an IUD in place, but it fell out) but had her babies last month

It kind of feels like this is a 'wall of shame' and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
It kind of feels like this is a 'wall of shame' and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Hmm...maybe ask for permission from each pregnant momma?

Danile: Don't worry! AF is usually on time, but babies rarely are!

nichole: Congrats on your successful CTA cycle!

MW: I probably should have done the gradual DST adjustment w/my wonky temps, but oh well. I'm just noting DST on my chart. And although I'm pretty confident my weird dip is a 2nd estrogen surge, I think I'll wait for another high temp tomorrow just to be on the safe side. DH has class tonight anyway.

BarefootScientist: I don't see that your temp today would be above coverline if adjusted.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 03-09-2009, 04:57 PM

yeah, texaspeach has a point.

i'm trying to think of a way to word it that doesn't have a negative connotation...

i think movingmama's idea is good. maybe PM a pregnant mama before posting it?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post

I do see your point, and can understand why you might feel that way.
TBH I hadn't thought of that.
I guess I just think of it as a way to look at our own numbers as a group and allow others looking at CTA to know that it does happen. Maybe a solution would be to only include the info/ circumstance but not include the name/handle of those that don't want it shared?
Don't know if that would work as a solution or not.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

mommy2twobabes ~ I notice you had a + opk after O your last cycle, too. Based on that and the fact that your temps look so obvious, I have to say I think you Oed on cd13 like FF says.

Quote:
I certainly didn't mean it that way. I could just keep a running total of the # of pregnancies each month without naming names. Would that be better?

I think we've been averaging 2-3 pregnancies a month since I joined back in June or July 2008.

User Tag List