April 2009 Charting to Avoid Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes marinewife, I know you strongly disagree with my just CF charting, and that's fine of course. But temps simply don't work for me, and so CF is my only option. Manufacture me a BBT I can use, and I might consider it. But I'm darn good with CF, so I think the inconvenience of temping would still outweigh whatever I'd get from it. Besides, no matter what you chart, you'll be unclear sometimes. If that weren't the case and temps were a hard and fast rule, we'd not have oopses or potential ones here, and we wouldn't need a cta thread b/c no one would need help LOL.
#62 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 12:52 PM

I think what MarineWife was trying to say is not that using just CF is less accurate or that temps are a sure thing, but that by combining CF and temp things are easier to interpret, and you don't have to be as careful and diligent. So, using only CF is not inherently less accurate, but it is tougher to make accurate. Does that make sense?

Of course if you're good at interpreting CF it very well may be easier to use just CF. But, they really don't make thermometers that you can use? Why couldn't you use a talking one? I suppose it would be difficult to visualize the temp pattern...but there must be a way.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#63 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
Yes marinewife, I know you strongly disagree with my just CF charting
I don't disagree at all (and especially not strongly) with however you choose to chart. That's your choice. I think Barefoot hit it right on the head. Obviously, temps alone would be even less effective than charting just cf, unless you abstained except during the lp. The combo of charting cf to determine potential fertility and temps to confirm O is more accurate and effective than either one by itself.

I don't recall any oopses that occurred because someone thought they had Oed when they hadn't. I think all the oopses happened because people either misinterpreted or ignored their potentially fertile cf. Correct me if I'm wrong.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#64 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 03:00 PM

More data does make things easier. I used to be able to do CF only, so I think it can be done. But that when I was celibate and when my CF was much more reliable than it is now.

Does this thread title make anyone else I'm not avoiding April!

I'm at day 21 here. Possible O yesterday, but possible still working toward it. As usual my CF is something of a mystery to me these days. I'm getting used to it. My temp was very low yesterday. Mr Toona always thinks there's some thing wrong with me when it comes to temps. (I tell him its just bc he's from CA and I'm from OH - he runs hotter) My normal awake temp is 97.4, my BBT temp yesterday was 96.14. That's loooow.

signature currently in transition
#65 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 03:24 PM

Oh, did I mentoin that Mr Toona made an apptmt today for the first consultation for his big V?!: He's a little bummed he couldn't find a Dr Picklesnipper, but I'm thrilled he's started the process.

#66 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Oh, did I mentoin that Mr Toona made an apptmt today for the first consultation for his big V?!: He's a little bummed he couldn't find a Dr Picklesnipper, but I'm thrilled he's started the process.
How exciting! DH goes for his consult on Friday. I'm really really really hoping he doesn't change his mind...again.

I run low too! My post o temps are in the mid to high 97 and my pre-o temps in the high 96's to low 97's. What's your blood pressure like? All the women in my family run low temp wise and we have some crazy low blood pressure. Between our temps and that dr.s often do double takes and recheck their equipment. : My sister was running so low on bp the other day the dr. told her he's surprised she wasn't passed out on his floor.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#67 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
How exciting! DH goes for his consult on Friday. I'm really really really hoping he doesn't change his mind...again.

I run low too! My post o temps are in the mid to high 97 and my pre-o temps in the high 96's to low 97's. What's your blood pressure like? All the women in my family run low temp wise and we have some crazy low blood pressure. Between our temps and that dr.s often do double takes and recheck their equipment. : My sister was running so low on bp the other day the dr. told her he's surprised she wasn't passed out on his floor.
OMG that's wacky. My bp is almost always the same 120/80 normal, but slightly toward high. Except for when I was 42w pregnant and when I broke my arm, it was up then.

Well here's to your and my partner's snipping!!

#68 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Yay, good luck to him! I was so happy when my DH went to start the process 4 months ago, but then he was told it couldn't be done till AFTER his deployment. It keeps getting pushed back though, and now its looking like no V till late next year. :

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#69 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well here's to your and my partner's snipping!!
Haha!

I'm still waiting for AF. I thought I was 13dpo today. My lp is normally 12 days but since getting my cycles back the longest it's been was 11 days so I was definitely expecting AF today. I guess I could only be 11dpo like Ovusoft says but my peak day was 2 days before Ovusoft says I Oed and I had a slight thermal shift following that day. If that is the case, AF should be here tomorrow or the next day. If not, she'll be officially late.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#70 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Does this thread title make anyone else I'm not avoiding April!
I changed the title just for you.

#71 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Woo-hoo!! My DH already had his consult, and as soon as all the coffee is shipped out and we get paid for some contracts, we should be able to go in for the alteration. He can't wait, which helps!!
#72 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:

My BP runs in the 90/60 range (even when pregnant). But, my temps don't run low. Mid to high 97s pre-O and low to mid 98s post O ususally.
#73 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
He's a little bummed he couldn't find a Dr Picklesnipper

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#74 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
My BP runs in the 90/60 range (even when pregnant). But, my temps don't run low. Mid to high 97s pre-O and low to mid 98s post O ususally.
That's exactly what my sister's was yesterday (she was in for some testing). When I went in for my IUD awhile back (still md that damn thing fell out ) it was similar to that. Her temps run super low too. It's all interesting.

Give more**Expect Less
#75 of 313 Old 04-08-2009, 09:10 PM

I just found out that the new CCLI book actually has new (simplified) rules. So I've got another book to read.

Now, let's see if I can catch up with the thread...

Regarding CP, check at the same time every day, prefferably in the evening, as CP tends to get lower throughout the day.

Shelsi: Where does FF put the cross hairs now if you take out the override?

Heather: I'm not confident you've O'd yet.

Welcome, lacysmommy & x.xiv.mmvii (can I call you X?)

Reiki: Weschler says Billings (which I assume your CM only method at least approximates) has a 3% method failure (vs 2% for sympto-thermal), and the user failure is "quite a bit higher" than sympto-thermal rates. Additionally, Billings typically has a greater number of "unsafe" days than sympto-thermal.

twilight girl: Hope you get over the yeasties quick! I actually like CD 13 for O. Wonder how that will pan out!

Virginia: Room temp can make a big difference for me, but your whole chart is all over the place. You are using a BBT & temping at a consistent time, right?

MW: Yes, failures are almost always pre O.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#76 of 313 Old 04-09-2009, 12:11 PM

: AF made her appearance today. So I had a 57 day cycle with an 8 day LP.

I drank 1 quart of RRL tea a day from CD 43 or 44 to CD 52, and I'm certain that it helped my body get over that threshold to O. I'm not sure if I'll continue w/the RRL or try Vitex or B6.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#77 of 313 Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
: AF made her appearance today. So I had a 57 day cycle with an 8 day LP.
That stinks. Had your lp been longer?

I'm on cd1, too. Since AF showed today I'm just as unclear about which day I Oed. If I Oed according to FF, AF was a day late and 2 days later than it had been but still within my norm. If I didn't O until Ovusoft says, my lp was again only 11 days, which is what it's been my last 2 O cycles but shorter than my norm.

#78 of 313 Old 04-09-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I just found out that the new CCLI book actually has new (simplified) rules. So I've got another book to read.

Now, let's see if I can catch up with the thread...

Regarding CP, check at the same time every day, prefferably in the evening, as CP tends to get lower throughout the day.

Shelsi: Where does FF put the cross hairs now if you take out the override?

Heather: I'm not confident you've O'd yet.

Welcome, lacysmommy & x.xiv.mmvii (can I call you X?)

Reiki: Weschler says Billings (which I assume your CM only method at least approximates) has a 3% method failure (vs 2% for sympto-thermal), and the user failure is "quite a bit higher" than sympto-thermal rates. Additionally, Billings typically has a greater number of "unsafe" days than sympto-thermal.

twilight girl: Hope you get over the yeasties quick! I actually like CD 13 for O. Wonder how that will pan out!

Virginia: Room temp can make a big difference for me, but your whole chart is all over the place. You are using a BBT & temping at a consistent time, right?

MW: Yes, failures are almost always pre O.
Yes, I am using a BBT. This is my first month off of hormonal bc so I'm expecting some craziness. I always temp between 530 and 630, usually 6-615. I was also sick last week so that adds to the ups and down. When I look at my chart I see gearing up to O but never quite getting there. We'll see what the future brings.

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#79 of 313 Old 04-09-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Hmmm ... spotting today. FF holding firm for CD 11 O, Ovusoft put it at CD 15, and just told me I'm pregnant because of the spotting

We'll see if this is early AF or what
#80 of 313 Old 04-09-2009, 05:40 PM

MW: I'd go w/CD 33 b/c your LP is more likely to be similar than not, right?

I dunno about my normal LP. Last cycle it was 12 days, but precedeed by 2 days of spotting. Before that it was long enough to get pg, but I do wonder if a LP issue could have still contributed to the miscarriage at 11 wks. And the cycle before that was my first PPAF & I didn't chart it.

Virginia: Ah, I see. All those factors are sure to add up to weirdness, all right! Hope you O soon...long cycles suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
Ovusoft put it at CD 15, and just told me I'm pregnant because of the spotting
Guess you'll know soon!

#81 of 313 Old 04-09-2009, 06:25 PM

hi everyone!!

i'm new here and just started temping this cycle. i had a pregnancy scare (2 weeks late- when i'm normally not late at all!) and decided i need to be more aware of what's going on with my body.

i just have a regular thermometer and i'm a little concerned since i seem to be waking up a LOT with my 14 mo. could i take it in the early morning like 4 am? or would that mess it up?

both my children were conceived without planning (one failed condom and the other with an iud) so i'm pretty concerned that this works, darn it!

eh. who needs a signature?
#82 of 313 Old 04-09-2009, 06:40 PM

Welcome, Carrie!

FWIW, I don't use as Basal thermometer. I have a plain old mercury thermometer, and it seems to be close enough for government work It's enough to detect a thermal shift and that seems to be sufficient.

I also wake a lot with my 19 mo. old, and usually temp at the first waking, which is usually anywhere between 4 and 5 a.m. I think as long as you are consistent with the time, you're fine.

But, I am not the resident expert, and I'm sure they will chime in with much more reliable advice!!
#83 of 313 Old 04-09-2009, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
MW: I'd go w/CD 33 b/c your LP is more likely to be similar than not, right?
I don't know. My normal lp is 12 days but can vary from 12-14 days. 11 is actually short for me. I assumed that was part of my cycles normalizing PP. It does seem strange, though, that it would suddenly jump to 13. I don't think I'll ever know for sure.

PlayaMama ~ Welcome. You can certainly temp at 4 am. The time, itself, doesn't matter as much as temping at the same time every morning after at least 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Even with that, my experience is that my temps are pretty consistent within the same hour. I usually temp between 6 and 7 am and I wake at least 2 times a night with my nursing 22 month old.

Virginia ~ Do you have any idea if your cycles were regular before the hormonal bc? I'm just curious because I don't know with my cycles. I got on bc so young that I didn't have enough time to learn about my cycles.

#84 of 313 Old 04-10-2009, 02:20 AM

Bah hum bug. DH is once again changing his mind. Hopefully by the time he wakes up it's back to going to his appointment in the am. I guess this could be a blessing in disguise. I'd rather him chicken out now than go through with it and resent me/regret it.

Give more**Expect Less
#85 of 313 Old 04-10-2009, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Bah hum bug. DH is once again changing his mind.
I can imagine the prospect of having that done would be pretty scary. I had a doc once suggest removing my ovaries to relieve my PCOS symptoms. I freaked out! Never went back to that doc, either.

So, I found out yesterday a single friend of mine is pregnant by accident. I'm happy for her. She wants to be a mother. However, the news made me a bit sad (jealous ). I would so love to be pregnant and give birth again.

#86 of 313 Old 04-10-2009, 02:25 PM

I've never asked MW but are you guys "done"? I know you have mentioned a couple times in threads past about being ok with either.

DH never went this morning. : He's back to have baby fever bad again. Le sigh.

Oh, I was looking at your ravelry page to check out your projects and, not knowing the year you were born, we are only 2 days apart!

Give more**Expect Less
#87 of 313 Old 04-10-2009, 04:57 PM

Spotting again today. I'm losing hope that I will O by next week. Guess DH won't be getting any lovin' on our trip if he refuses to use condoms!

OMM- do you want to TTC? I wish my husband had baby fever. If only you could bottle that desire and sell it... you'd be rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Virginia ~ Do you have any idea if your cycles were regular before the hormonal bc? I'm just curious because I don't know with my cycles. I got on bc so young that I didn't have enough time to learn about my cycles.
I started my period a few days before turning 15 and as a teen it was always wild. I was too thin to be regular. Then in college when I fattened up a bit I was more regular, but I never kept track of cycles. Now I wish I would have! Perhaps I just have long cycles always.

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#88 of 313 Old 04-10-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
OMM- do you want to TTC? I wish my husband had baby fever. If only you could bottle that desire and sell it... you'd be rich!
Meh. He wants one really bad. I'm neutral about it. I refuse to consider it due to some extenuating circumstances in our life. If these things were gone I'd be ok with it. I'm seriously neutral though. If it were to happen I'd be somewhat panicky but only for one particular reason but it wouldn't be the end of my world.

Speaking of if it happens....one day this cycle we had a rather....amourous moment and forgot the VCF. 3 days later I o'd...every day except for o I had EWCM (I had creamy on my o day). We've both been a tad paranoid since then. Especially since both girls were conceived on creamy days a few days before o. So this mornings temp was up (only by .1)..not enough to freak me out but I noticed ovusoft predicts af to start tomorrow. I started looking at my charts and my temp starts dropping the day before af with a huge plunge on the day of. I'm a bit panicky now. I'm seriously doubting anything happened but you know how your mind can get. I'm almost tempted to go grab a dollar test just to make sure.

Give more**Expect Less
#89 of 313 Old 04-11-2009, 04:45 PM

CD2 here. So, I'm going to stick with FF, I think it was correct. I can't imagine that my LP was as short as Ovusoft would have me believe. But, I can believe that I O'd as early as FF said. So, that answers that!
#90 of 313 Old 04-11-2009, 05:51 PM

Temp is up again this morning (granted I took it later than normal but adjusting is not accurate for me). I'm making DH bring me a test.

Question about cervial position AFTER ovulation. I know it's supposed to drop and go back to firm but mine has not (mine normally gets firm really fast...like by the time I get my crosshairs). I checked this morning when AF was no where to be seen (Ovusoft predited it for today and so far nothing) and instead of low and firm I'm back to HSO. Is that due to a mid-lp estrogen surge? I haven't had any ewcm that usually indicates that but today is borderline watery creamy so I figured it was always a possibility. Anyone know anything? (in general...not specifically about my cervix. : )

Give more**Expect Less

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page