May 2009 Charting to Avoid Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719 View Post
Its an option on the display settings. It just lets me know there are notes on those days or some specific data. I added a multi-vitamin under meds and it will give a square if I mark that.

WOW! Looks like you got your O!
Yes, I think I did O yesterday. CF seems to have dried up and a huge temp spike. Although I have not felt well the last week so it could be just a crazy temp. I had to discard the temp from last Saturday because it was so high. We'll just have to see if it stays up.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#302 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 11:55 AM

I wasn't going to but since I had a test just laying around I figured "what the heck" Plus people were watching us, I didn't want to let anyone down!!!
But I did look again at the test. Really looks like there's nothing there...but I am only 10dpo...I ordered a whole bunch of tests online and will be able to test like a crazy woman when they get here. I should be 12 dpo by then. Waiting again!! BEtter make some more popcorn BFS!!!
#303 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 12:18 PM

I totally logged on to see if there were any BFP's this morning from the ladies who were waiting...

And the suspense continues!!!
#304 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post
I wasn't going to but since I had a test just laying around I figured "what the heck" Plus people were watching us, I didn't want to let anyone down!!!
But I did look again at the test. Really looks like there's nothing there...but I am only 10dpo...I ordered a whole bunch of tests online and will be able to test like a crazy woman when they get here. I should be 12 dpo by then. Waiting again!! BEtter make some more popcorn BFS!!!
LOL! Please don't worry about keeping us insignificant internet strangers waiting.

Oh and instead of popcorn this time I'll just

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#305 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been MIA for a while. Things are crazy here right now with dh deploying. I had to try an hour and a half to a "safe" OB yesterday. Then I spent the entire day in the city looking at minivans since there weren't any here in my town. I am now a not-so-proud owner of a Toyota Sienna minivan. DH is maaaaaaaaad at me for buying it without him. He's mad that I got a minivan, although I don't see how we could get by with any else. He couldn't figure out how I got it done since he's the one with the paycheck and his name is on everything. Hehe. First, I didn't finance anything. I just did a trade-in and then wrote a check for the rest. So, no credit check. Second, I have a POA so I can do just about anything in his name. I think he's pretty much over that, though. He's got too much other stuff to worry about.

I am now in the process of trying to fix his laptop so he doesn't have to buy a new one before leaving. Of course, he didn't mention anything about this to me until today so I'm on a crunch with that. He's lucky I'm so smart.

The doc I saw checked my progesterone and said it's excellent so I don't need to take any. I'm so glad about that.

heather ~ Sorry about the bfn. It is early, though. I get bfps really early but that's very rare. I guess my metabolism is really fast at processing hcg into my urine.

Katie ~ Same to you. You are even earlier.

How long are your lps, usually?

Teeny ~ What happens after the big snip? How long is recovery? Why do you have to still wait a few months before you can totally relax? My dh said he could get that done when he gets back. I won't tell him not to this time (even though I still don't want him to) since I certainly won't want any more babies after this one. I'm hoping he won't, though. I told him he just needs to be more diligent about pulling out. We'll see.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#306 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 02:44 PM

You have to wait a certain amount of time to make sure his sample comes back sperm free. I think I read somewhere it's around 20 ejaculations later though it can be as high as 60. It's been awhile though so that might not hold true anymore. Anyhow, you are supposed to still use a back up method until you are free and clear.

That's funny about the minivan. We have one and I despise it. Our car died so we needed a new one and I made a very brief, sarcastic mention of getting one and DH went and did it. I'm still mad at him for it. I did not want one and this one has turned out to be a pain in the ass. I'd much rather have had an SUV (no flames ) since it fits us better but noooooo. :

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#307 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 03:15 PM

MarineWife: Glad you are doing well. My LP's have been 12 days 13 days the longest. I am still thinking maybe I did O a little later, it's possible. So I'll just keep testing till its a BFP or I get AF!! As for the van, congrats...I may have to upgrade to a new van soon!!
#308 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 03:50 PM

and waiting. You all are making me nervous with these BFPs.

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#309 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot to say that I haven't moved myself to the graduates yet because I'm afraid to. I'm afraid if I move myself to the graduates, I'll jinx myself again and miscarry. I'm probably being silly but I can't help it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#310 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
You have to wait a certain amount of time to make sure his sample comes back sperm free. I think I read somewhere it's around 20 ejaculations later though it can be as high as 60. It's been awhile though so that might not hold true anymore. Anyhow, you are supposed to still use a back up method until you are free and clear.
Wow! If we had to do that, it'd be another year before we'd be considered in the clear.

Quote:
That's funny about the minivan. We have one and I despise it. Our car died so we needed a new one and I made a very brief, sarcastic mention of getting one and DH went and did it. I'm still mad at him for it. I did not want one and this one has turned out to be a pain in the ass. I'd much rather have had an SUV (no flames ) since it fits us better but noooooo. :
The Subaru Tribeca I had is a midsize SUV. I got the one with the 3rd row of seats so it's supposed to seat 7. You couldn't really put an adult in the 3rd row, though. I don't think anyone over 10yo would be comfortable back there. The biggest problem I had was that once I put 2 car seats in the middle row there was no access to the 3rd row and the space between the car seats was not enough for an adult to sit comfortably. My dh wanted to get a larger SUV but, aside from the fact that I would not feel right driving one, we would still have the same problem with accessing the 3rd row. The only way to access the 3rd row is to fold down one of the middle row seats. Again, once we get the car seats in there, we can't fold those seats down.

#311 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 04:32 PM

We have a Grand Caravan and the third row is sort of.....stupid. Come Dec. we'll have another carseat and I'm already dreading the carseat configuration. We'll likely put DD1 back there but it'll be a pain that's for sure. I'm hoping our car is fixed by then because my Pontiac fits 3 carseats (in various stages) perfectly. I really hate our van.

Give more**Expect Less
#312 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 04:33 PM

Wow, so much happened in the last couple hours!

I just spent 3 hrs cleaning my house, but I got alot done!

MarineWife: I am glad to hear the Dr. said everything looked good. Congrats on the MiniVan. As much as I dont want one, I do. I need to upgrade out of my Honda Civic! How soon does your DH leave? Crunch time on that lap top huh? I dont think its silly about not moving yourself to the graduates yet. I will be praying for you guys.

20 ejaculations to be in the clear? Hmmmm, looks like you guys could schedule some extra curricular activities to get that taken care of sooner! I am sure you could do it in 2-3 weeks, LOL.

My LPs are 14 or 15 days with a day of spotting. I should spot today or tomorrow with AF here tomorrow or Sunday. We have to go to Target to buy a wedding gift and I may pick up some FRER. Call me crazy but I dont trust these $1 store "U-Check" things. Part of me says to "give-it-up" the other part thinks there might still be a chance.... I got a BFP with DS at 5wk 1d, my 1st test was a BFN but I dont know when that first test was taken. I didnt keep testing after the BFN, I didnt think I was PG after that!

ETA: No sign at all of AF. I checked internally and there is not even the slightest pink speck. And DTD this AM should have mixed things up enough that something would be there!
#313 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 04:38 PM

MW at the ejaculations bit. It specifies "ejaculations"...not intercourse.

Give more**Expect Less
#314 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
:

? Does your cervix change during early PG? When I checked for spotting I noticed it is firm and closed but I can barely reach it... does this matter?
#315 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Does your cervix change during early PG? When I checked for spotting I noticed it is firm and closed but I can barely reach it... does this matter?
During pregnancy the cervix should be closed, softer and sort of velvety (they say), and more bluish/purple than normal, if you look at it with a mirror or something. If, on the other hand, you are about to get your period, it will be opening slightly. I have no idea about the height. HTH.

#316 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 06:59 PM

Look at it with a mirror?!?! Now just how in the world can you do that?!?! I wouldnt know what normal looked like for me anyway.

I just got that really bad cramp again. I dont know what in the world to think of it.
#317 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Look at it with a mirror?!?! Now just how in the world can you do that?!?! I wouldnt know what normal looked like for me anyway.
Lol, I know. I tried it once but I'm not even sure what I saw. I found lots of cervix info here.

#318 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 07:47 PM

Ok so another few questions:

1. Is it ok/normal if "creamy" and even "EW" is practically yellow?

2. Once you are 4 days past the temperature shift of ovulation, and you've also go not more EW CF, are you free to DTD without barriers, regardless of what other CF you may see?

3. Can you really rely on temps for determining ovulation the first month of BC Pill? I know that TCOYF says you can't use FAM for 2 months reliably as you sole method of TTA, so I just wondering if the temperatures as well as the CF are kind of messed up.

Thanks ladies!

CD 19 for me. No sign of EW CF or temp change in sight.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#319 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 08:04 PM

WOW BFS, that is awesome info on the cervix!! I wish I had a speculum handy!!

Heather: My cervix is really high and hard to reach too. Very closed too, but not so hard as is sometimes. Maybe that's a good sign. I to have been checking for spotting. I usually get some 1 or 2 days before AF. None so far!!
#320 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 09:57 PM

WWC: That is my understanding... you are safe the evening of the 3rd day of temp shift. But as you said, you should wait to have 3 cycles charted before you can determine your norm and pattern and consider yourself safe. I think it depends on each person as to when their cycles return to their own version of normal. Mine was pretty much normal my first cycle off my IUD. I only know that because I started keeping track of it about 3 months before it came out. And yes, your CF, no matter what type, can be yellow. You would need to look for other things if it were an infection. I think they say odors, pain, itching or anything else out of the ordinary.... if I remember right.

BFS: That is some really interesting information. I may have to see if I can find a speculum. LOL.

MarineMommy: Hoping its a good sign! Really hard to reach, I can barely get my fingertip behind it its that short. Still no spotting, yes, I am checking almost hourly. So irritable too! When is AF due for you?
#321 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, . Well, dh would probably get that covered in a week.

WWC ~ Yellow CF is ok.

I don't know about charting right after going off hormonal bc. My common sense tells me that it might be iffy with tta because it might be difficult discerning when you are potentially fertile. I would think that once you got a clear and sustained thermal shift, though, you'd be safe.

To be most cautious, you should wait until you have 3 consecutive high temps and 4 consecutive days of CF dry up. I always considered myself safe after the 3 temps regardless of my CF but I don't recall ever getting ewcf after my thermal shift.

DH is officially gone. : I did get his computer working for him, at least.

#322 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 11:03 PM

MarineWife: I am sorry DH is gone. I didnt realize it was so quick. It really was crunch time for that computer wasnt it? I am sorry he is gone. When will he come back? Are you guys able to keep in contact regularly?
#323 of 633 Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 PM

Hope it goes quickly, though I know it won't.

Give more**Expect Less
#324 of 633 Old 05-16-2009, 12:38 AM

Heather: If I o'd on cd 11 (which I think I did) then AF would be due Sun or Mon. If it was cd13 then it would be more like Wed. My LP is usually 12 days, 13 the longest(last cycle).

MarineWife: I am so sorry your DH is gone. I will pray for his safe return. Where did he go?
#325 of 633 Old 05-16-2009, 07:55 AM

Marine- I hope the time goes quickly. I am glad your levels are up!! Don't move yourself over until the kid is born, if you don't want to!

Heather & MM (I think these are our testers?)- Good luck, Can't wait to see an obvious result, either way.

WWC- My creamy is yellow (exactly like BFS described it not too long ago) but I'm not sure about yellow EW.

AFM- CD74. Really good EW on 70 and 71. I do have a strange feeling that it's from the fresh raw pineapple I ate a ton of on CD70, though. Huge temp spike this morning, highest temp so far, although again I'm doubting and thinking it could just be from the hotter weather.

Does anyone get nauceous (sp??) around O time? I have an iron stomach and wanted to die after dinner last night. I told DH 'maybe I'm preggo' and all he said was 'then you shouldn't be drinking' (we went wine tasting this weekend). I was surprised that he didn't run away screaming. (and there is no chance I'm preggo, I just like to tease!). He then said 'wouldn't be the worst thing to happen'. That is a step in the right direction!!

We are 6 months out from TTC and I am so happy that I stopped BC now and not in Aug or Sept like the original plan!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#326 of 633 Old 05-16-2009, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post
Does anyone get nauceous (sp??) around O time? I have an iron stomach and wanted to die after dinner last night. I told DH 'maybe I'm preggo' and all he said was 'then you shouldn't be drinking' (we went wine tasting this weekend). I was surprised that he didn't run away screaming. (and there is no chance I'm preggo, I just like to tease!). He then said 'wouldn't be the worst thing to happen'. That is a step in the right direction!!
I think any of the hormones can cause nausea. I know progesterone can make you nauseous. Your estrogen peaks, then you get an LH surge, then your estrogen drops quickly and progesterone rises. That could certainly make one nauseous. BTW, a little bit of alcohol here and there while pg is perfectly safe. In Europe it's not frowned like it is here in our tee-totaling, puritanical American society. My MW even suggests having a glass of red wine to relax if I'm having really bad cramps or feel like I'm having early contractions.

I was thinking about this last night. I've been prescribed all these meds. I've been on Zoloft, which I was told is safe to continue even though it's a category C me. I was prescribed Clarinex on Tuesday for my allergies. Clarinex is category B so considered a little safer. I was also told it's safe to take low dose aspirin and combine it with acetaminophen for cramps. However, if I were to have one glass of wine, everyone would freak out and be ready to call the police. Ridiculous!

#327 of 633 Old 05-16-2009, 09:17 AM

WWC: Yellow can be normal, or can be a sign of an infection or something else going on. My CF was quite yellow the cycle after my miscarriage, then slightly yellow the next, and resolved by the third. CF after 3 days of high temps and 3 or 4 days of drying up should not matter, even EW, as some people see EW regularly mid-LP or right before AF--as long as temps stay above the HTL.

MW: Too funny about the van! : And I'm sorry your DH is gone. Hope the kids are doing ok. Let me know if you need anything!

Virginia: Your chart looks promising! Hope it turns out to be O!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#328 of 633 Old 05-16-2009, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I'll have an interesting story to tell in a couple of days.

Virginia ~ I just looked at your chart. If you use the ROT to ignore the high temp on cd70, you have 2 temps above your HTL. This may actually be O.

#329 of 633 Old 05-16-2009, 10:15 AM

MW: I'm sorry DH is gone! We're military, too, and while DH is a Coast Guard pilot and so not on too awful deployments, my dad and his dad have both done 6 month - 1 year tours in Iraq and AF.

Virginia: I am more relieved about my chart after looking at yours! This is my first cycle of BC Pills, and my body does not seem interested in ovulating at all! My temps are generally lower than yours, but my CF is certainly random, too. Hopefully we both get normal cycles soon!

Ok so just to clear up this whole yellow/EW thing...today I had picture perfect creamy, but I always touch it just to see. So I'm thinking, ok, def. creamy, no other thing possible, forming little peaks like we had talked about, when suddenly it strands up about 3/4 - 1 inch. But it is absolutely opaque, and only was able to stretch like that 2 or 3 times before it lost its elasticity. I am thinking I would still call that creamy, even with the stretch, because it wasn't remotely clear or streaked, it only had that "give" a few times, and it didn't have any mucus quality to it at all; if you just looked at it on the tissue it would be classic creamy. What do you think?

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#330 of 633 Old 05-16-2009, 10:36 AM

WWC: dont know what too tell you about the CF. It was my understanding that if it forms peaks, its sticky, according to TCOYF on pg 90. But if it stretched, maybe watery. IDK, sorry I am not much help.

MarineWife: I am so anxious to hear your story! What a teaser....

Virginia: GL luck with getting that O

BFN with FMU today. No sign of AF, though I do feel slightly achey, and temp went UP .1 today. 99.2 at 15DPO! Any thoughts? Should I still keep testing or could it be something else?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page