May 2009 Charting to Avoid Thread - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2009, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
I was actually taught to SET not for any reason than to get it out of my system so it doesn't confuse your readings the next day..........

I think once you DTD if you are fertile - there is no way doing SET or douching or anything else would help your cause - at that point, its up to a higher power!!!! :
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Although I was thinking about this the other day too...how hard could it be to invent some sort of spermicide that works after the fact, goes on a search and destroy mission into your cervical crypts to get the little spermies if you have an oops? You'd think if it were possible it would be significantly less unhealthy for you than taking the morning after pill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
BFS ~ You know what really gets me about bcps? So many teenage girls are put on them for various silly reason, like irregular cycles. Well, um, it's normal to have irregular cycles when you first start menstruating. Who knows what kind of long term health effects that has on those girls. I started bcps when I was 14 and took them until I was 19. I didn't have my regular cycles long enough to even determine if they were normal or not. Whenever one of the boys or girls says someone is on or going on bcps I whip out my copy of TCOYF and make them read it. Hehe I think a book like that should be required reading for sex education in middle school rather than the disgusting videos they show of male OBs shoving their entire arm up some woman's vagina because the baby wasn't coming out fast enough. Ok, off my rant.
Haha, I bet that makes you popular (whipping out TCOYF). It's good that you are trying to put the word out though. ITA that better info needs to be put out there!

AFM, temp is STILL low!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2009, 02:01 AM

New thread ya'll. Close enough to June.

Hope I got everyone's info right...I'll check things in the morning. DS just woke up yelling for "day-bees." See you all tomorrow!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 06-01-2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Although I was thinking about this the other day too...how hard could it be to invent some sort of spermicide that works after the fact, goes on a search and destroy mission into your cervical crypts to get the little spermies if you have an oops? You'd think if it were possible it would be significantly less unhealthy for you than taking the morning after pill.
Actually there are thing you can do after the fact. I know sisterzeus has info on that. I've never had the stuff handy...obviously.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.

User Tag List