May 2009 Charting to Avoid Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 633 Old 05-04-2009, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Teeny congrats on being cast free!

And I'm totally with you! Not wanting any more babies here. If I even think I could be PG--even though I follow the rules and can't be--I do herbal stuff to keep it from sticking.

About the O sensation thing, I chart CM and sensation. Helps a lot more than just CM. But I don't temp.
#62 of 633 Old 05-04-2009, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
I just wanted to say, thanks everyone for understand what I mean by the very much CTAing. I really am hesitant at congratulating anyone who ends up with a BFP, because that's the last thing I'd prefer to hear if it were me. If it were me, I'd rather hear, I'm so sorry. Maybe that's a bad thing to say, but there ya have it. So, I really don't know how to react to folks' pregnancy news. I usually wait it out to see how the poster's feelings on it develop.
That's good to know. Hopefully, we won't ever be in the situation of having to say we're sorry to you. I always congratulate people because I think, no matter what, a baby is a blessing and I don't want to add any negativity to being pg. However, I totally understand how difficult it can be for some people to get pg by accident, especially if they were tta. It happened to me when I was 20.

I'm sorry if I made anyone feel uncomfortable talking about possibly being pg. I would be very excited if I got pg but I don't think I'll be overly disappointed if I'm not. Either way works for me.

I feel like we are all here to support each other no matter what we do or what happens. We all are doing this a little differently and we are all here for different reasons. There's no good or bad or right or wrong. It all just is what it is.

OMM ~ I could never go by CF alone, either. Sometimes I seem to hardly have any. Sometimes I have weeks and weeks of fertile CF. Sometimes I have patches of fertile interspersed with non-fertile. I would go crazy, too, always wondering if I really Oed without temps to back things up. That's just for me, though. Obviously, we all have different situations and different cycles/patterns and do what's best for ourselves.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#63 of 633 Old 05-04-2009, 04:05 PM

Teeny... I totally understand your thoughts on pregnancy when TTA... I'd want to hear an I'm sorry first too... I'm sure I'd get over it, because every child is a blessing... but right now?? I couldn't even imagine. I do not want two infants at once, that is for sure! And I'm not even sure how sure I am about having another child, period, right now.

I'm a virgo too so understood that part of the post too. lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#64 of 633 Old 05-04-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I feel like we are all here to support each other no matter what we do or what happens. We all are doing this a little differently and we are all here for different reasons. There's no good or bad or right or wrong. It all just is what it is.
:

OMM - I feel like I have more consistent CF now than I used to. But maybe I am just interpreting it through my temps and the regularity of my cycles because they are much more regular now. In any case, yeah, there's no way I would do CF only. I personally am just a person who needs to have discrete data points...CF helps with charting for sure, but I just don't feel that I would want to rely on it, as long as my temps are so beautiful and clear-cut and obvious.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#65 of 633 Old 05-04-2009, 04:33 PM

I think it really is so awesome that so many women can come together and respect each others' choices and methods while all having the same goal in mind, TTA.

Thanks for all the input for the fall-back issue. I really appreciate it!
#66 of 633 Old 05-04-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
That's good to know. Hopefully, we won't ever be in the situation of having to say we're sorry to you. I always congratulate people because I think, no matter what, a baby is a blessing and I don't want to add any negativity to being pg. However, I totally understand how difficult it can be for some people to get pg by accident, especially if they were tta. It happened to me when I was 20.

I'm sorry if I made anyone feel uncomfortable talking about possibly being pg. I would be very excited if I got pg but I don't think I'll be overly disappointed if I'm not. Either way works for me.

Oh, MW, no you didn't really make me feel upset. I hope you know I was just joking, that's why I included that little giggling purple face. I mean, I am a bit superstitious about things like this, but that's my problem not yours. I'm sorry if it looked like I was being flippant or mean, I meant it in good fun.

I guess I was just musing how unlike many MDC moms, I would not be thrilled with an oops. I feel like that's pretty much unusual here, most of the women here get excited with a BFP.

Didn't mean to make you feel badly. I'm quite sorry about that.

signature currently in transition
#67 of 633 Old 05-04-2009, 08:24 PM

OK, we had a scare last month, our first month of CTA after two years of paraguard IUD. We do withdrawl while I am fertile, and since DH stabbed his leg a few days before, his sensations were off and he didn't withdraw quite soon enough one time. While I would have been very happy with a BFP at that point (I really want a baby, but DH isn't ready yet) I'm glad AF came right on time, because I want both of us to be ready before I get pregnant.

I participated in the group a little last month, and now that I've had a pregnancy scare, I really am more on board with the CTA thing, so please add me to the list. Here's the linky to my chart. I'm on CD 8 and just coming into my fertile stage. Last month I o'ed on day 15 or 16, but I think my body is still readjusting to being IUD-free.

Mama to DD (5) DD (3) and DS (2 months)
#68 of 633 Old 05-04-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
I guess I was just musing how unlike many MDC moms, I would not be thrilled with an oops. I feel like that's pretty much unusual here, most of the women here get excited with a BFP.
I think, in general, those of us on the CTA thread are somewhat upset/dissapointed at first. I think the rest of MDC tends to be more excited initially. Plus you have to take into account people like me who use humor/sarcasm to disguise real feelings and abuse smilies such as: . I'm still quite irritated this one happened. DD2 was not planned (on my part...DH said he was trying ) and concieved at the least favorable time. Heck, I had decided I only wanted one child by the time I knew about DD2. So it was quite a shock. So while I joke about this one I think it's mostly because 1. this is techinically my second surprise and I feel rather stupid. I'm an adult and know what causes babies for crying out loud! and 2. it's my way of coping. Luckily the ladies on this thread are conservative with overzealous congratulations and now whether or not a baby is wanted with an individual poster so I think we are more honest on here in regards to oops' etc.

I think, in general, the atmosphere here has been more baby centered (as oopsed to anti baby ) because of the amount of surprises as of late. It's like my friend was saying....spring fever got the best of us it seems. It's easy to talk babies and get sentimental (for lack of a better word) over it all when there's an abundance you know? I really like that there can be this sort of discussion on this thread though. It's one of the few that the posters don't get their panties in a twist over stuff. I remember when TexasPeach made a post in the TTC forum about a test and let it be known she wasn't trying and so she wasn't sure and she sort of got ambushed. A lot of posters (IMO) seemed to take the fact that she said she wasn't trying as an insult. There doesn't seem to be much of that in this thread, which is nice. Definitely helps when a surprise does crop up.

I'm actually looking forward to getting back to charting. I really enjoy this thread (which is why I'm still posting ) and was sad to see I would no longer be part of it. Apparently that doesn't stop me from posting though. Even though my opinion shouldn't/doesn't count currently I don't think there should be a seperation of CTA or CFTK (charting for the knowledge ). I mean, it's still charting to avoid on some level yk?

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#69 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 12:39 AM

Well, here I am - still no PPAF. I don't know how to feel about getting that first one......on the one hand its nice to not be ovulating at the moment - but on the other hand I wish I felt comfortable with CTA and knowing my fertile, non-fertile times.

I am just : that I recognize those first signs of impending ovulation and/or the first one isn't a fertile one (especially since using contraception when DTD isn't an option due to religious beliefs)

Anyways - I am just rambling!!!

GL to everyone in their CTA!

BTW - I like this thread the way it is - life is life - all methods of BC fail and you have to roll with the punches

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#70 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 10:40 AM

Well, CD16 here and I think 4DPO. FF isnt recognizing O yet with that 2DPO dip below CL. I will give it one more day for a 3rd consec. high temp and see what it does. CF has been dry, had O pain and now am "sore" in that area, I am guessing because of the O. We were out on the motorcycle last night and everybump we hit made my uteren area tender.

MW - how are you doing? did you get to the store?

OMM - I enjoy you sticking around!
#71 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 12:00 PM

OMM - I really liked your post. Very valid on all points.

From the perspective of one who spent a long time in TTC... the "I wasn't trying and oops!" threads were sad for those who were trying everything under the sun to get pregnant and still had no BFP, it sort of shakes a women's nerves up real good. That said, I don't think it's right for anyone to ambush anyone. I'm a fan of open/non-judgmental/supportive convo. I'm digging this thread already.

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/27677e

Nothing exciting, just ending AF. I don't even know if I will ovulate or not. I stopped ovulating months before I got pregnant and was at wits end thinking I was never going to get pregnant and was "broken", then all of a sudden at CD 150 the temps were pretty high for like 15 days and I tested... low and behold we got lucky. lol

But now I'm in totally uncharted territory. I have not had a natural period in, likely 2 years or more, due to BC and coming off of it and pregnancy. So I have no idea what my body is going to decide to do. I'm just going to be really concious of my CM and chart temps, and pray. lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#72 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
I'm actually looking forward to getting back to charting. I really enjoy this thread (which is why I'm still posting ) and was sad to see I would no longer be part of it. Apparently that doesn't stop me from posting though. Even though my opinion shouldn't/doesn't count currently I don't think there should be a seperation of CTA or CFTK (charting for the knowledge ). I mean, it's still charting to avoid on some level yk?
I like having you around. All your purple smilies really light up the page. And I love the acronym you just created. I don't think anyone would be too put-out if, for example, MW hung out here even when she wasn't DTD.

#73 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

heather ~ Looks like probable O to me. Maybe FF just wants to wait for one more high temp to be sure. Which O detector do you have it set on?

I'm ok. I did get to the store but now I'm just confused. I took a test yesterday afternoon and it was obviously negative. I took another this am with fmu and there was a very, very, almost not there, faint line. I took another using the same urine since I had it in a cup and got the same result...that very faint line. I ran out to get a FRER line test and a digital test but accidentally got 2 digi tests. Both digi tests with the same fmu (I saved it in the fridge) were negative. I took another $ store test with new pee and got another faint line except that it looks a little darker and showed up sooner. I can't tell if they have color, though, so I'm not convinced they're not evap lines. I guess I'll just have to wait for tomorrow and see if I get anything different.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#74 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 01:51 PM

Hey,

I remember some ladies asking if there was charting available just for CM charting. I found an online chart that is for billings (I'm not sure if its free or not)

Here it is if you want to check it out;

https://www.nfpcharting.com/

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#75 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM

MW - I have it set on FAM and havent even checked what the other settings would do. If I put in a fake temp for tomorrow it gives me O on CD14, not 12.... I am going to have to OR it I am sure. I am considering myself safe anyhow.

I didnt think evap. lines came up until after the test was dry... IDK. Test tomorrow, and the next day LOL... It sounds to me like there is a BFP around the corner for you with those faint lines. GL.

I wouldnt mind if MW choose to stick around either. Afterall, who will take over the thread, LOL!

I also really like the newly created "CFTK"
#76 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 02:03 PM

I put the detector on advanced and immediately got solid cross-hairs for CD12, puting me at 4DPO.

Anyone else have better accuracy with "advanced" on FF rather than FAM?

ETA: It also moved my CL to 98.2? 3 of my prior 6 temps are ABOVE my CL... but the CL below my 2DPO fall-back dip. Maybe they just set the CL differently for a fall-back pattern? IDK, got me! "research" did the same thing
#77 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719 View Post
Anyone else have better accuracy with "advanced" on FF rather than FAM?
I usually have better accuracy with FAM but every once in a while Advanced works better. I have no idea why. That's why the first thing I do if I think FAM is wrong is try Advanced.

#78 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I'm ok. I did get to the store but now I'm just confused. I took a test yesterday afternoon and it was obviously negative. I took another this am with fmu and there was a very, very, almost not there, faint line. I took another using the same urine since I had it in a cup and got the same result...that very faint line. I ran out to get a FRER line test and a digital test but accidentally got 2 digi tests. Both digi tests with the same fmu (I saved it in the fridge) were negative. I took another $ store test with new pee and got another faint line except that it looks a little darker and showed up sooner. I can't tell if they have color, though, so I'm not convinced they're not evap lines. I guess I'll just have to wait for tomorrow and see if I get anything different.
OMG you were not kidding about being a compulsive early tester. FWIW a while back someone on this thread found out the hormone breaks down in refrigerated urine so it might give a false negative. It sounds like tentative congrats are in order for you!

Heather - I would definitely go with CD 12 O. I have no idea with the detectors because I don't tend to mess around with those. I just interpret it myself and override if I don't like what FF says.

AFM it looks like my O dip wasn't an O dip after all. Maybe my temp rise will be tomorrow. I'm dry as a bone today.

#79 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 03:53 PM

BFS: someone suggested to me, in reference to my last cycle, that maybe O happened late at night/early morning. Your temp may make a mid-way stop on the way up because it didnt have enough time to make the full rise. Does that make sense? Hopefully tomorrows temp goes up even more and you can - if you want - consider yesterday as O. IDK just a suggestion...
#80 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
My dollar store tests were super faint at first. I took an Equate a day or two after and it was super faint too. Had I taken it the same day I took my first test it wouldn't have shown up. I've heard digitals aren't as sensitive too. You certainly are in a limbo! I can't wait for tomorrow. l

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#81 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 04:19 PM

Hi all. CD 23 today w/ "AF is coming" cramps. It could still be a few days before that though, and I bet it will be, but I so want AF to show its face. Just want this cycle to end. DH was sick about 2 weeks ago, gave it to DS who had it last week, now guess whose turn it is?! And I never get sick! So blah. We could be DTD, but we're not and DH is pissed. I said, "Well you shouldn't have gotten me sick."
#82 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
BFS: someone suggested to me, in reference to my last cycle, that maybe O happened late at night/early morning. Your temp may make a mid-way stop on the way up because it didnt have enough time to make the full rise. Does that make sense? Hopefully tomorrows temp goes up even more and you can - if you want - consider yesterday as O. IDK just a suggestion...

Yeah that does make sense. I was sure that O was happening yesterday morning because I had such a low temp yesterday morning and really drippy CM in the morning, then dried up the rest of the day. But I have had a few cycles in which I have a really low temp, then a low-ish temp (typical pre-O range), then it shoots up the next day. Perhaps my temp takes a day to respond and my LP is longer than I think. Anyway I bet you are right. Thanks.

#83 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 04:27 PM

Hi all,
I haven't posted in a while. Been so busy and not spending much time on the computer!! I have missed this thread though and been wondering about all of you and how you were all doing!!
I see MarineWife may get a BFP!!! How exciting. I will now be stalking you....

AFM: I finally got DH to dtd without condoms and without pulling out. This was CD8. Of course, I got some awesome fertile CF the very next day and have had some since. I've also had a HSO cervix too. Today, I am having cramping like O pains and even had a tiny smear of spotting when I checked my cervix just now. SOOOOO...I'm in a waiting game now and don't have a clue what I'm going to tell DH if I am pg. I kept reassuring him that we would be fine beacuse I haven't O'd before CD 17 since I started charting. He trusted me and now look. Of course....I'll be absolutely thrilled....but worry how he'll feel and know he'll never trust my method of BC ever EVER again!!!
#84 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 04:49 PM

MM: too funny! Not meaning to poke fun... i think have been alot of ironies on here lately and several early O's.

Reiki: I hope you feel better soon. Hope DH does too, lol

BFS: It made sense to me when she said that. If that is something that happens for you occassionaly I would say its a possibility. An extra day in your LP is worth something, isnt it? Were you one of the ones who was concerned about an LP that was too short? for TTC later? That may help put your mind at ease.
#85 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 05:17 PM

What about charting while breastfeeding? I haven't had AF yet (4 months PP), but with DD1, I got pregnant 6 months PP (with 1 or 2 AF) and with DS, 7 months PP (2 AF). I don't want to take the chance this time and I'm not comfortable saying I'm not fertile until AF appears...so...how do you determine fertility and chart while breastfeeding? Do I temp and then just go by CM and cervix? Hope that I see O?

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#86 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

BFS ~ Your temp had a really long way to go. It jumped up a lot, though. You may still have Oed.

Reiki ~ Hope you're feeling better soon.

MarineMommy ~ You have ewcf on your chart on cd8. Did you not see that until after you dtd? If so, maybe it was semen rather than cf. Seems kind of strange to go straight from dry to ew, especially so early in your cycle.

babyluvandkisses ~ If you don't feel comfortable with or don't meet the criteria for LAM, I suggest you use a barrier method until you get your first PPAF and start temping then. You can certainly keep track of your CF and take precautions accordingly.

I've gotten evap lines with the $ Store tests before, so I don't completely trust them. Plus, it's very early for me to be testing and expect anything definitive. I have gotten a bfp at 7dpo before that was also very, very faint so I know it's possible but...I'm sitting here right now trying to not go out and buy a box of FRER line tests. I have a feeling I won't be able to resist. I even checked our finances to see if I could afford it.

#87 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 06:08 PM

MarineWife: Right, I did have mostly creamy cf on CD 8 but noticed a bit of stretchy eggwhitey type cf that day. It was before we dtd (I know, naughty me for not following the rules) but I went through all of my charts and had never o'd before cd17 in any of them, even if I had had a little ewcf early in my cycle. So I guess that could be the case this time (though I hope it's not). It really was a tiny amount but I always chart my most fertile cf.
Go get those tests....
#88 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 06:35 PM

MarineMommy - Uhoh! Good luck with that! I wouldn't have been too worried either until I saw that you have several days in a row of eggwhite. Guess we'll see what happens!

Quote:
BFS: It made sense to me when she said that. If that is something that happens for you occassionaly I would say its a possibility. An extra day in your LP is worth something, isnt it? Were you one of the ones who was concerned about an LP that was too short? for TTC later? That may help put your mind at ease.
I'm not worried about a short LP because I already conceived one kid on a 11-12 day LP. Mine has been shorter lately, I think due to nursing. However, it would be nice to have a longer one for more safe days and more time between AFs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyluvandkisses View Post
What about charting while breastfeeding? I haven't had AF yet (4 months PP), but with DD1, I got pregnant 6 months PP (with 1 or 2 AF) and with DS, 7 months PP (2 AF). I don't want to take the chance this time and I'm not comfortable saying I'm not fertile until AF appears...so...how do you determine fertility and chart while breastfeeding? Do I temp and then just go by CM and cervix? Hope that I see O?
I wouldn't bother temping until you see changes in your CM or get AF, whichever comes first. But it sounds like you are about to the point where you should expect your fertility to return, just based on past experience, so I'd try to be pretty cautious. Unlubricated condoms might be a good thing until you get a handle on charting.

#89 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 06:44 PM

BFS: being nosey... why unlubricated? We dont use condoms with spermicide but they are lubricated. I am not currently BFing, is that why? Or is there some other reason I should know about?
#90 of 633 Old 05-05-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
BFS: being nosey... why unlubricated? We dont use condoms with spermicide but they are lubricated. I am not currently BFing, is that why? Or is there some other reason I should know about?
Well...they say that the lubrication on condoms can make things confusing trying to interpret your CF when you are first learning. That's all. I use lubricated condoms as well, but my cycles are regular and I've been charting for a while. Nothing to do with BFing, just the combination of not having a regular cycle and just starting out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page