Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2009, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyluvandkisses View Post
I tried to start charting and realized that I definitely need a basal thermometer and I need to do it BEFORE I get out of bed, not just before I eat or drink anything. My temperature has gone from 97.5 (day 1) to 98.5 (day 2) to 96.4 (day 3) and then when I took it a second time this morning it was 0.4F different than what it was a minute before! So obviously the thermometer sucks.

I have another ? - so I get CM on my toilet tissue and it's stretchy, but there's very little of it. How would you mark this?
Yeah, you definitely need to take your temp as soon as you wake up before you do anything else. Even talking to your dh laying next to you can mess up your temp. A basal thermometer usually works better, too. I don't know why or how but they are supposed to be more sensitive.

As far as the cf, it's the quality, not the quantity, that's important. If it stretches more than an inch (Shannon says 1/2 inch) and is slippery, it's ewcf.

heather ~ I agree with Shannon. FF is probably using the ROT to disregard the first really high temp. If you want to be very conservative about O, I'd go with the day before the sustained thermal shift.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:18 PM

Thanks Shannon and MW - I am on CD17 now, so either way have at least 3 high temps to confirm O. We havent had any moments of concern either. So, I guess it just comes down to AF for sure I guess, not that it really matters much. Thank-you so much for the input and interpretation on my chart! I learn something new from you guys everyday (that peak day isnt always day of/before shift)
Old 05-07-2009, 05:04 AM

Boy i've missed a lot in the past week! Congrats Marinewife!!! I hope it works out in whatever way is best for your family!

AFM: This cycle seems very different. I started having creamy cf two days after AF finished. The only thing I've done different is sleeping with an eye mask on to try to get some better sleep...especially during the day. So maybe its a little bit of a "lunaception" thing going on and I'll have a short cycle? We'll see! It would be nice to get a longer LP out this too!

Melissa, NICU nurse, married to DH since 6/07, biggrinbounce.gifDS 5/31/10 h20homebirth.gif, Baby # 2 due 12/10/12 ***4***8stork-suprise.gif**12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40 

Old 05-07-2009, 09:38 AM

I know there have been a few questions about this lately...but I know you're supposed to get 3 consecutive hours of sleep before you temp. So, my summer-weather routine (def. summer here in Florida!) is to get up at 6 am. Problem is, I almost always (6/7 nights) have to get up to use the bathroom sometime between 3:30 and 6. We are usually in bed by 11; 12 on the weekends. Should I still take it at 6, or should I take it whenever I get up to go to the bathroom, so long as it is after 4 or something? The past four mornings (inc. today) I have been woken up around 5 am, either by my husband getting ready for work, or the cat who wants breakfast. Then I toss and turn, worrying about when I should take my temp!

Oh yeah, my temp has still been 97.5 or below when I take it, despite these things.

Advice, please...

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
Old 05-07-2009, 10:03 AM

WWC: Try taking two sets of temps, on at 5 (or whenever your DH gets up for work) and another at 6. Record them in different colors or on different charts, and see which time gives you a clearer result. My money's on the earlier time.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
I know there have been a few questions about this lately...but I know you're supposed to get 3 consecutive hours of sleep before you temp. So, my summer-weather routine (def. summer here in Florida!) is to get up at 6 am. Problem is, I almost always (6/7 nights) have to get up to use the bathroom sometime between 3:30 and 6. We are usually in bed by 11; 12 on the weekends. Should I still take it at 6, or should I take it whenever I get up to go to the bathroom, so long as it is after 4 or something? The past four mornings (inc. today) I have been woken up around 5 am, either by my husband getting ready for work, or the cat who wants breakfast. Then I toss and turn, worrying about when I should take my temp!

Oh yeah, my temp has still been 97.5 or below when I take it, despite these things.

Advice, please...
WWC, Due to bfing and cosleeping, I usually am up several times within a 2 hour span before I "wake up." Since it's a normalish routine for me, I go with my official alarm time as the time I take my temperature. Now I won't take my temp if DD's been squirmy and I've had to move around alot, but I will if we've just been laying/sleeping mostly.

That said, this little firecracker of a baby took off with my BBT and I couldn't find it this morning. Good thing Mr Toona is ok with backup methods. Sheesh!

signature currently in transition
Old 05-07-2009, 12:10 PM

Good Morning ladies!!

I took my temp while I was nursing through the night and always noticed a clear temp shift. I like the pp suggestion of charting two temps in different colors...wish I'd have thought of that!!!

AFM: I got out my fertility microscope yesterday just out of curiosity. I definetly had the ferning going on. This morning I did it again and nothing. My temp went down a little today too and I had a teeny tiny bit of cf that seemed a little creamy, but had a little stretch to it. I don't know what to think...maybe I'm dreaming up all these symptoms cause I so badly want another baby!! Time will tell...
Old 05-07-2009, 12:21 PM

Marinemommy - What's a fertility microscope? Never heard of that, but it sounds cool...
Old 05-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Smyligeyz: Fertile Focus is the brand. It uses saliva to help you conceive. I bought one to help us avoid while I was nursing (apparently it doesn't work while nursing, wish I'd have known that before I bought it). You just put a little saliva on it and wait until it dries. If there is a ferning pattern you either already ovulated in the past 24 hours, or you are about to ovulate.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:01 PM

Ok, another question. When you observing CM, are you supposed to also note what is, um, in your underwear? Sorry if that's TMI! The Creighton method I was using before said not to...but are you supposed to with sympto-thermal/FAM?

And thanks for the answers on the temping time. Once I get more into a routine with it I think it'll be easier.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
Old 05-07-2009, 09:42 PM

WWC: Erm, not in the undies, b/c in my experience that'll typically show reduced fertile qualities as compared to what's on the TP b/c it dries out.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 05-08-2009, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone. I hadn't been getting email updates again and was wondering why everyone was so quiet. I see you haven't been quiet.

wholewheat ~ I wake several times a night to nurse and I also usually get up sometime between 4 and 5 to pee. I try to temp around 6:45 am. I take my temp at that same time every morning unless I've had some unusual circumstances like I had to get out of bed right before that or I've been lying awake, tossing and turning for a while and never settled back down. Then I'll take my temp as soon as I realize things are off. I've not had trouble reading my charts.

As for the CF observations, TCOYF does give info and pictures of what different quality CF might look like in your undies. Dryer, less fertile cf will have an elongated appearance where wetter, more fertile cf will have a more circular pattern. I only pay attention to that if I feel something down there but can't get a good sample on my fingers.

MarineMommy ~ If your temp stays where it is or goes up tomorrow, I'd say O was 2 days ago, cd11.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:27 PM

I'm like 7 dpo... with what I think looks somewhat like a triphasic chart on FF... but I'm pretty calm (and I could be wrong) because we used protection on all of my pre-O days and waiting until the post-O rules... so.. I don't know. If anyone wants to peak and give me their input I wouldn't mind.

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
I'm like 7 dpo... with what I think looks somewhat like a triphasic chart on FF... but I'm pretty calm (and I could be wrong) because we used protection on all of my pre-O days and waiting until the post-O rules... so.. I don't know. If anyone wants to peak and give me their input I wouldn't mind.
It's not triphasic yet. You need at least 3 consecutive high temps before you can say that. If your temps stay up like today, it would be triphasic. That doesn't mean much, though. Although a triphasic pattern occurs more often on pregnancy charts, it can and does occur on non-pg charts, too. Technically, for it to be considered truly triphasic your temps have to stay higher until at least 18dpo.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
we used protection on all of my pre-O days and waiting until the post-O rules
What about CD 18?

I wouldn't worry about it looking triphasic, b/c in addition to what MW said, your high temps on your previous chart are also at 98.2.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:35 PM

Cool guys. I forgot about that. It looked somewhat like one to me, but I'm so new at this. Plus I knew there was no chance of pg. Well, excepting condom failure. CD 18 was protected as well. Thanks for all the help!

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 PM

My temp went up today. I got crosshairs too. CD 11 was O, which was when I thought it was. Soooo, now I wait....I am convinced that I am pregnant. I can't wait to take a test!!
How are you feeling MarineWife?? I've been thinking about you lately!!
Old 05-08-2009, 06:34 PM

WWC I chart sensation and CM itself, but not what's on underwear. And just curious, why did you stop using Creighton?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Hey everyone?

OMM and MW: how are you two feeling?

MW: Did you go to the Dr for Prog.? How is that going for you? Have you told DH yet?

MM: How are you doing? Still think you might be PG? Have you mentioned it to your DH yet? or are you waiting to make sure that is a reason to say anything for the sake of his trusting your method? I know you cant confirm one way or the other yet, but didnt know if your mommy-radar was going off or not, LOL.

How is everyone who is waiting for O... Hope you got it!

AFM: looks like my BBT is a little erratic but AF isnt due for another 6 days. I dont know if my LP is still adjusting for the IUD or what.... weird! It could also have something to do with our room temp. It officially it 100 degrees yesterday so sometimes the window is closed with the AC on, others its open with AC off. I hope we get consistant enough to have things more predictable for next cycle. I would not be happy not knowing whats going on and hitting O.

Good luck to everyone. Have a great Saturday!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:31 PM

Argh, I am never going to ovulate! : I know, I know, all you guys with 40-50 day cycles... I've had those before too. Not fun. I was just getting excited that my cycle seemed SO regular, and then it went all haywire on me. Guess this is why I'm NOT using rhythm. I'm not even sure if all the eggwhite listed on my chart is even eggwhite...it's a weird mucus that I've asked about before, kind of sticky but wetter. I've been charting it as EW on FF because it's wet and seems like the closest option - it's def. not creamy. Maybe the sinus infection I had early in the cycle screwed things up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post
My temp went up today. I got crosshairs too. CD 11 was O, which was when I thought it was. Soooo, now I wait....I am convinced that I am pregnant. I can't wait to take a test!!
How are you feeling MarineWife?? I've been thinking about you lately!!
I don't know...I would personally be more inclined to call CD 13 O, giving you a lower chance of pregnancy. Don't get your hopes up too high. On the other hand, both options in your situations have plusses right? If pos, you get a baby which it sounds like you want. : If neg, DH can continue to trust FAM.

MarineWife, have you told DH yet?

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 05-09-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
WWC I chart sensation and CM itself, but not what's on underwear. And just curious, why did you stop using Creighton?
I kindof had the same problem that BFS post's above talks about. I kid you not, I had streaked EWCM for 35 days straight. : And thanks to that, when I would get a period, I could never figure out when I had really ovulated. Though at the time I started using Creighton, I was not 100% recovered from my eating disorder, honestly was too thin to ovulate, but my body kept trying because I was kind of right there on the edge with the crucial body fat, etc.

And so when I got engaged last April, I went on the Pill. This is now my first cycle off the Pill, so it's all haywire again, but I am THRILLED that thus far I don't have any kind of BIP!!!! : And hoping that today and tomorrow are both dry days, too, because then we'll be in the clear

Old 05-09-2009, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, everyone. Physically, I feel fine. Emotionally, I'm a bit of wreck. I go from one minute being so excited that I'm out looking at minivans to the next minute being certain I'm going to miscarry and getting depressed. The hpts aren't helping because they don't seem to be getting darker. Today's may be slightly darker than 2 days ago but I'm not sure. My experience in the past is that they should get darker. When they didn't get darker, I always miscarries. So...I have not told dh yet. I got an appt. with a doc but it's not until next week. My MW reminded me about the low dose aspirin so I've started taking that. Did I mention that already?

MarineMommy ~ Based on your temps, I'd have to go with cd11, too. Good luck either way.

BFS ~ I know how that feels. I would always get excited about the prospect of Oing and when it didn't happen I'd get very disappointed. I don't know that I would call what you have described as EW. Is it stretchy at all?

Old 05-09-2009, 02:07 PM

Can sperm survive when there is no fertile mucous? DH and I DTD early in the morning on CD8. So I guess really in the evening of CD7. I didn't get fertile mucous in the morning of CD7, but I did in the morning of CD8. I thought I would be okay though because I usually get fertile mucous for many days until I ovulate, but FF and Ovusoft are both predicting o on CD10 (though I really think it was 11 because I don't trust my temps on CD11). I'm trying not to jumpt to conclusions here. I'm just so frustrated that I ovulated so, so early this month! I told DH that we were safe on CD7/8 because last month I O'ed on CD15 or 16. I think my charts are screwy because DD2 decided to up her nursing recently. I think I'm going to wean her soon anyway, which will help with the charting in the future.

MarineWife- I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry this is so stressful for you.

MarineMommy- good luck!

Mama to DD (5) DD (3) and DS (2 months)
Old 05-09-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719 View Post
OMM and MW: how are you two feeling?
I'm feeling ok. Morning sickness has kicked in pretty strong now. I knew it would but I was hopeful it wouldn't. Normally I just get sick feeling. I only ever threw up once with DD2 and never with DD1. This time around I have a record going.

MW: Sorry it's stressful for you! For some reason, this time around I was oddly paranoid I was going to miscarry too. I've never had one so it wasn't like it was similar to one in the past or anything. Just this weird feeling. I even looked up ectopics one night. Then one day it just stopped. Not sure what or why but it caught me off guard. Hope you get settled one way or another. How are you hiding all these tests from your DH?

lacysmommy: I think it depends. Techinically no, sperm cannot survive in an unfertile environment. However, I think if you gio and you cchange to a more fertile environment within a realtively quick time I imagine it could. Does anyone have a stat on how quickly sperm will die in an unfertile environment?

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:35 PM

BFS: If your pre-O temp pattern is the same as last cycle, you should O tomorrow! They are eerily similar so far...

MW:

lacysmommy: Is it possible your fertile CM the morning after was seminal residue?

TAoNFP says sperm life is only 30 mins to 6 hrs in the absence of CM. W/CM it is 1-3 days, up to a possible 5 in "very favorable" conditions, and rarely even longer.

AFM: I'm 8 dpo & hoping I don't get AF tomorrow! My last LP was 8 days, but the one before was 12.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:47 PM

MarineWife - Hope you start feeling better about things soon and that your DH takes things well. Stop taking HPTs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
BFS ~ I know how that feels. I would always get excited about the prospect of Oing and when it didn't happen I'd get very disappointed. I don't know that I would call what you have described as EW. Is it stretchy at all?
It is a little stretchy. But not much. I wouldn't call it eggwhite either but it seems fertile-type and I don't know what else to call it. Actually, TMI, but when I wipe it on a tissue it looks like snot from a really bad cold. Yellow, goopy, very thick, and wettish but not slippery at all. I am at a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
BFS: If your pre-O temp pattern is the same as last cycle, you should O tomorrow! They are eerily similar so far...
Crazy, they are! I had to look back at my previous charts after you said that...some of them also have that pattern! But then...some don't.

Quote:
TAoNFP says sperm life is only 30 mins to 6 hrs in the absence of CM. W/CM it is 1-3 days, up to a possible 5 in "very favorable" conditions, and rarely even longer.
Good to know!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 05-09-2009, 09:28 PM

About the sperm survival thing;

I remember reading in TCOYF that the only time you have to worry is if you DTD and before the sperm has time to die off your CM takes on fertile qualities - therefore the sperm could possibly live until ovulation.............although I don't know how you ladies feel - but that is kinda stretching things! LOL

I think that your DP would have to have SUPER sperm for something like that to happen

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 05-09-2009, 09:28 PM

BTW

How do you all have cute little things at the bottom of each post? I tried to do a signature but it didn't work right...............

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 05-09-2009, 10:08 PM

MW: Sorry you are feeling down. HUGS!!

I could have possibly O'd on CD13...but I had some great o pains on cd11, and I had pos ferning on my ovulation scope...It's been bubbles since then. I told DH. I just felt I was being very dishonest with him and I needed to not feel that way. He was upset...but still loves me and even mentioned selling his car (baby) today. We'll have to see what happens!! Thanks for the support~

User Tag List