Anybody use a LadyComp? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2009, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how to naturally monitor my fertility. I have a friend who uses a Ladycomp and loves the ease of it. I'm intimidated by charting so the ease factor appeals to me. Has anyone used it? What did/didn't you like about it?

I know pregnancies happen and I got pregnant on BC last time so I don't ever really count on a sure fire method these days - we're planning on having another baby but would like to avoid that until DS is older.

Also, are there any books that I should read that would help me learn more about my fertility and how to manage it? I'm pretty clueless I'm embarassed to say.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2009, 10:22 PM

I think Ladycomp is great if #1 you can take your temps every morning at the same time after getting 3 hours of consistent sleep - and #2 if you have regularish cycles that last less than 35 days.

It basically is temperature based ONLY - and if you meet those requirements it would probably work great.

I actually found a GREAT website about ladycomp when I was looking into it ( I have weird LOOOONG cycles, so I didn't get it)

I'll look for the link and post it here if I can find it

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 05-31-2009, 10:26 PM

Here is the link;

http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com...oard=14&page=1

You should be able to find ALL kinds of info on there.

P.S. - I heard the pearly is the exact same thing as the ladycomp - it even forcasts 6 days ahead even though they SAY it doesnt...........the only reason I would say get a ladycomp instead of a pearly would be if you wanted to upgrade one day to the babycomp.

HTH!

(edit)
you should get Take Control of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler for a GREAT book to read about your body/cycles. You can get it for real cheap at abebooks.com

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

User Tag List