Cervical position early after conception? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2009, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
AF is due Monday (so I'm on CD26). I doubt I'm pg for a number of reasons but I noticed a bit of milk today (thick, just barely coming out of my nipples - like when I was pg with DS and had a bit of colostrum, only it's white, not yellow). Never had any obvious colostrum this early before (lost my second DC at 6.5wpc and nada, and nothing showed up with DS until I was 5 or 6 mos), but I know it's possible. I'll know for sure one way or another by Monday, but I'm wondering, is it possible to be pg at CD26 and have a low, firm, closed cervix? Not sure when/if I ovulated, but my cervical position has gone through the normal changes. Just wondering, I know it typically stays high but closes up, but can it get low and firm even if conception occurred? I know, I know, I only have a couple days to wait, but I'm a research nerd and am just plain curious now.

ETA: I just checked my cervix (I always check it before bed) and it's a bit higher and noticeably softer than yesterday. Still has some firmness, but definitely softer.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2009, 02:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
checking cervix really does nothing for you except tell you whether or not you're about to O (high soft and open) and long after you're pregnant to tell you if you're dialating or not yet.

other than your fertile time, it can have a tendency towards being lower and firmer but that isn't really a sign of not being pregnant.

The creating milk is a very good sign though, if it's been a long time since you weened and you havent had any huge amounts of stress lately

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:03 AM

Well, when I conceived my cervix went up ultra high in the very early stages, and that was definitely odd for me - it was so high I could barely reach it. Funnily enough, after I found out I was pregnant, it moved about all over the place for a couple of weeks - all sorts of different textures, but now it's settled back into a high squishy pregnant pose.

But yah, when I found out I was expecting and shortly before that, it was ultra high. AND I had TONS of creamy CM - I mean once (TMI....ehehhhe) I checked it and there was so much it actually came out all over my hand. It was so unusual, I put it down on my chart.

So that's my personal experience

*HUGE hugs* XXX

Mama to Josie , lost 10/10/08 at 37.4 weeks .
and my rainbow baby, Isobella Mai ...born 1/12/2010 ! in profile...
Old 06-07-2009, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

I wouldn't call it a good sign since I'm charting to avoid, eep! I'll be happy if I am pg, but I'm definitely hoping I get my monthly visitor on Monday, rather than a lifelong visitor in 9ish months. Haha. Well, I guess if AF doesn't show up Monday I'll take a test Tuesday morning. Thank god this didn't show up sooner - I'd be going crazy waiting any longer to see if AF shows up!

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 PM

when I was pregnant I thought that would be an early sign, but my cervix didn't move up until like 10 weeks

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

Old 06-08-2009, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

No AF yet. I pretty much always start by this time on the day AF is due. If she's not here tomorrow morning I'm taking a test.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Negative on the test but still no AF and my cervix is closed and still getting higher and softer.

I'm thinking it's likely one of two things. A) the herbs I just started taking Friday before last are messing with my cycle, or B) I did conceive weekend before last in which case it could be too early to get a positive test. I guess if I don't get AF by Friday I'll test again.

User Tag List