Sex after having an IUD put in... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last friday I had the Paraguard IUD put in. My doctor told me that technically it's immediately effective, but since things can move around, it's best if we use an another form of protection until my 1 month checkup in August. And that was our plan. Until monday night. It was the 1st time that we felt completely free during sex, other than when I've been pregnant of course, so we didn't use other protection and no withdrawal either. Everything I've read on the computer says it's immediately effective and no wait time to start having completely unprotected sex.......so my questions is, for those who have/have had IUD's, how long did you wait before not using anything else? I had it inserted on the 5th day of my period and we had sex 3 days later.....so I should be good, right? I can't believe I'm STILL nervous about pregnancy and this was the whole reason I decided on the IUD, for peace of mind!!!!
#2 of 2 Old 07-31-2009, 12:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We didn't even wait til that night before we had sex. No worries! I've never heard of a doctor recommending that before. And IUD doesn't really "settle". It's just there and doesn't move. The only thing you'd need to worry about is if it started poking out your cervix. Paragard or Mirena, they're effective immediately!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page