Post Partum Periods - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2009, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi all-
DD is 15 months old this week and last month was my first PP period, I think.
I had all the symptoms of ovulation (hot flashes, very tender nipples, cm etc.), but when the bleeding began at 5 days post ovulation it was super light. I have taken many pregnancy tests, all neg. I then think I ovulated again about 12 days after the bleeding. fast forward to this week. I have had some bleeding again 25 days after my last 'period' (around 13 days after ovulation). Yesterday it was fairly heavy and today it is much lighter..... I am so confused because my period was always rather heavy.
My question:
Has anyone had their flow become so much lighter after having a baby? Also, my cycles were mostly 35-40 days before having dd.

Any insight?

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would venture to guess you are not yet ovulating but your body is starting to think about it. If you are up for temping, that could tell you more definitively when you ovulate.

Having said that, I think it is possible for your periods to be completely different for a while PP. I had one really light one that I strongly believe (but do not know for sure as I wasn't temping) was anovulatory, and my next couple were VERY heavy.

Sorry I can't help more.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 10-11-2009, 05:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The first few periods pp have been really weird for me for each of my kids. Less bleeding, more bleeding, short and long cycles, etc. If you're not sure what's going on, run a full chart for a month or two, including charting the symptoms you've just mentioned. I just went through this and discovered that I'm not ovulating.

User Tag List