October 2009 Charting to Avoid Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 379 Old 10-30-2009, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can't put links in your sig anymore. BFS can put a link to your chart on the first page of this thread. You can always post a link when you want us to peak at it. Go to sharing on the left side of your FF charting page. Click on homepage set up. Set up your homepage and check or uncheck the box to allow others to view it. Copy and paste the link at the top of the homepage set up and we should be able to see it.

FF says I may test now because I'm past my usual lp. I may be pregnant!

Still waiting for .

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#362 of 379 Old 10-30-2009, 09:42 PM

AnnetteM-hi there

MW-cut that thing down, at least that's what I did. My uterus is tilted, so I think I have issues w/ the diva anyhow. It worked after ds1, but not after ds2. I cut that end all the way down and had no problems getting it out. I know some other moms who had to do that too. I'm going to have to try those cloth pads-do they work for heavy?
Oh, are you doing anything different to effect your lp?

I forget what day I'm on. I think d16. I missed another temp this morning, so will try for tomorrow. This is certainly a rough month for me, and no worries on getting pregnant at all.
#363 of 379 Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMGosh, I'm so glad we decided not to have intercourse at all this month-- I think I might be about to ovulate! Purely going by mucous signs and the fact that I'm having ovulatory pain, because I haven't started temping yet. It's almost as if my body just started it's normal cycle from the day of the D&E, even though I bled for so much longer than I would if I had a period (does that make sense? It does in my head, LOL!)

Anyway, is there any sense in starting to temp now, or should I wait until my period starts?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#364 of 379 Old 10-30-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
OMGosh, I'm so glad we decided not to have intercourse at all this month-- I think I might be about to ovulate! Purely going by mucous signs and the fact that I'm having ovulatory pain, because I haven't started temping yet. It's almost as if my body just started it's normal cycle from the day of the D&E, even though I bled for so much longer than I would if I had a period (does that make sense? It does in my head, LOL!)

Anyway, is there any sense in starting to temp now, or should I wait until my period starts?
Your temps won't tell you anything about when you will O, just that you have Oed after the fact. You could start temping now. If you can get at least 6 pre-O temps, you should be able to see a thermal shift (if you have one). The day of your D&E would be day 1.

bbm ~ I think the cloth pads come in different types, liner, regular and heavy. If the SMJAE ones don't, I know other brands do. I just don't know the brands specifically. I think if you look on Hyena Cart or Neccesitae, you'll find some.

I haven't done anything differently as far as I know. Technically, I don't think I'm late yet. is due today and the day's not over yet. My lp has been as long at 14 days before a couple of times so I have a couple more days before wondering wth.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#365 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

AnnieA, bbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
who, me? Damn skippy, I'll be back here in a week frantically looking for reassurance
And we'll be happy to provide it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
FF says I may test now because I'm past my usual lp. I may be pregnant!

Still waiting for .
Well, MW, you NEVER KNOW! Some of us believe it's happened at least once before...

haha

annettemarie, you can start temping now if you have your thermometer. You may not get enough temps to tell you anything useful this cycle, but then again you may! I have never had a miscarriage but I have heard that the cycle after one you can be extra fertile and ovulate sooner than normal.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#366 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
BFS: Is it just me, or did you change from a sleepy coffee cartoon in your siggy to a thumbs-up? That seems like a big jump in mood!
Yes. They both apply. I had a feeling I was starting to put after like all my posts so I figured I'd save myself some trouble.

#367 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Well, MW, you NEVER KNOW! Some of us believe it's happened at least once before...

Maybe but I certainly wouldn't be first choice for that. I'm far from pure.

Got first thing this am.

#368 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 12:21 PM

I love this smiley for af. It makes me smile everytime I see it. Maybe because it's so appropriate.

Still in the 'quiet' phase of my cycle. That being, right after af is done, no cf, no moods, nothing. It's just quiet. I like this time. It feels like all hell is breaking loose when I start to get fertile. It's just all downhill from there.

This must be what it's like to be a man.

Must be nice.

Kathryn, Wife to Andrew, Mama to Nadia (5) and Rhys (2)
#369 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maybe I stood start temping just so I get used to it again, LOL! Daniel wakes up with the clock radio at 6 AM to nurse, but I need to remember to grab the thermometer and stick it in my mouth.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#370 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Hey thank for the advice. I about 10 month PP. My little guy is really only b/fing. He only really plays with "food" He is my second with my 1st AF came back on his 1st b-day. But I have had some spoting? See I'm not sure that it was not the whole thing.? You know?
So I'm going to look at another book. Also maybe the Couple to couple home coure.

He is teething and I not sleeping and not thinking so sorry for not making sence. I will figure this out.
#371 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 03:37 PM

AM-I started temping mid cycle too so I would start to get used to it. Put the thermometor next to the radio so it's right there and temp before you start moving around to nurse.
#372 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 04:08 PM

Hey ladies

I have a ? can taking your temps at varying times (but within an hour of eachother) make a huge difference in temps?

I have three temps all within an hour hour of eachother and they are all over the place. 96.9, 96.1, then 96.3. Maybe because the first day I had just had the Mirena removed and the Progestin was getting out of my system? The 96.9 was the latest at 4 AM and the others were at 3 and 345 AM ...

Any thoughts?
#373 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

NMM, I would think just having the Mirena removed is what is making your temps crazy, not the variation in temp times. If the variation is over an hour I have found it to make a difference but under an hour, not usually. It can vary by person too I think.

You can get an idea of how they compare by keeping in mind that an hour usually equals 2 tenths of a degree (later - 2 tenths higher; earlier 2 tenths lower).

#374 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 05:13 PM

NMM ~ You shouldn't temp more than once a day. Take it when you first wake up and use that temp. If you have any unusual circumstances, make note of them on your chart. If you have FF, you can leave the default temp time blank and FF will attempt to determine your usual time. That's what I do because my sleep is to precious to set an alarm just to take my temp.

#375 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
NMM ~ You shouldn't temp more than once a day. Take it when you first wake up and use that temp. If you have any unusual circumstances, make note of them on your chart. If you have FF, you can leave the default temp time blank and FF will attempt to determine your usual time. That's what I do because my sleep is to precious to set an alarm just to take my temp.
I temped once a day over the last three days, does that make sense?

I think the Mirena removal is prob the culprit... I just am not sure how and what this cycle will show. I am actually excited to see if I am ovulating or not.

ETA I didn't set an Alarm, those are the times the babe wakes. So closo together I guess she has a schedule! LOL
#376 of 379 Old 10-31-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMindedMomma View Post
I temped once a day over the last three days, does that make sense?
Oh, ok. Those temps were for 3 separate days. I thought you meant you temped at 3 different times the same morning. Then I agree with you all that it could be the Mirena. If it has progesterone, your temps will be higher when you have it in and maybe right after having it removed and lower after removal.

My brain must not be working properly. I can't seem to understand what anyone else is saying lately.

Trick or Treat! Happy Halloween!

#377 of 379 Old 11-01-2009, 09:33 AM

Temp raise I have to input some temps on ff from my paper chart, but if it stays up I'm going w/ O. I remember reading in tcoyf that O is generally around the same time each month once your cycles are on track, and if it's delayed then it is usually from stress? Is that right? For some reason I keep thinking of a story in the book where it was either someone in her family passed, or she was moving or something and O was delayed almost a week.
#378 of 379 Old 11-01-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrandonsmom View Post
Temp raise I have to input some temps on ff from my paper chart, but if it stays up I'm going w/ O. I remember reading in tcoyf that O is generally around the same time each month once your cycles are on track, and if it's delayed then it is usually from stress? Is that right? For some reason I keep thinking of a story in the book where it was either someone in her family passed, or she was moving or something and O was delayed almost a week.
Woot! Woot! if it is O. If you have regular, short cycles, I guess O would be around the same time every month. Do you mean like always around the 15th of the month or always around cd15? That can make a big difference (at least to me). Stress, physical or emotional, affects hormones, which can delay O.

It's quite cool, isn't, that our bodies can know when it might not be a safe time to get pregnant and hold things off until times are better. It's also very cool that our bodies can know when it's not safe to give birth and slow down labor or even stop it when we don't feel safe (which is probably a very big reason why so many women seem to need augmentation during labor in a hospital).

My next door neighbor whom I see and talk to almost daily and whom goes to the gym with me got (can you tell I like that smilie, too?) the same day I did. Do you suppose our cycles might be synchronizing? I think she's on the pill, though. She probably has 2 cycles for every one of mine.

#379 of 379 Old 11-01-2009, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

New thread: November!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page