October 2009 Charting to Avoid Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 379 Old 10-08-2009, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MW - I actually googled..........uhhh moon phases? I don't know - but I didn't know that until after both my LO's were born (like after I found this forum ) So if you know when you conceived, you could easily check if you googled a little. I would give you an actual link, but I don't have one! LOL

WWC - I totally agree it does affect us more than we give it credit for.........and although I don't GO by it - I do have them written down so I know when to be EXTRA careful!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#62 of 379 Old 10-08-2009, 10:00 AM

I googled moon phases and found a link that goes way back so I was able to check for even my first born who was conceived in 1990. At first, I thought there was going to be a pattern. My most recent 3-4 pgs were all conceived 6-7 days after the full moon. However, as I went further back I found no regular timing between my conceptions and the moon phases. Oh well.

According to the FF cycle planner predictions, I should O within a day or two of every other new moon for the rest of the year. This cycle is very strange, though. I almost always O late. That's not strange. But I usually have too many days of CF, especially fertile CF. I'm at cd20 and have had barely any CF at all. I think it might've picked up a little yesterday. I still didn't see much of anything when I checked but I felt more.

My Chart

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#63 of 379 Old 10-08-2009, 11:50 AM

Hi ladies! Just checking in to say hello...I don't really have anything to add.

CD 5 for me...still CTA...still wishing I was TTC. I did go back through my charts and notice that for some reason, I had in my head that my LP was 9-11 days but it really is more like 11-13 days. So just something for me to keep in mind.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#64 of 379 Old 10-08-2009, 06:30 PM

I am humming a little Tom Petty to calm my nerves
Day 28. . .
I feel like there should be a defined "phase" in the tail end of the LP cycle called the TP or "Terror Phase" roughly day 27 to please-God-AF

Does this feeling go away after a few months, if you are being TOTALLY careful and following ALL rules? Or do you always get butterflies those last few days?

My Ovulation Chart

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#65 of 379 Old 10-09-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
Or do you always get butterflies those last few days?
I pretty much always do. I'm right there with you now, even though we didn't DTD this cycle until yesterday (DH was out of town). I'm day 11 of my LP with zero PMS, and my last 2 LPs were 9 days. My chart.

Oh, and the moon phase thing...I looked mine up and there is no correlation for me between conception or birth dates and moon phases.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#66 of 379 Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 AM

No PMS is a good thing, isn't it?

I do get butterflies but not for the same reason. I've never been in a position to be worried that I was pg. I always hope that I am pg except, of course, when we didn't dtd during my fertile window.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#67 of 379 Old 10-09-2009, 11:22 AM

I started taking the vitex yesterday; I am just sick of this fertile CF for 2 + weeks, and no O! It takes a while to "kick in" but I'm hoping that it makes a difference

Happy Friday!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#68 of 379 Old 10-09-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
No PMS is a good thing, isn't it?
Yes! I'd be glad to suddenly stop having PMS! With so few temps this cycle, I'm concerned I didn't actually O when I think I did.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#69 of 379 Old 10-09-2009, 11:24 AM

WWC: I've heard vitex can take several months (or cycles?) to "kick in." I seemed to have good results with accelerating O several cycles back by drinking RRL tea. FWIW, NTBCAMA.

#70 of 379 Old 10-09-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
With so few temps this cycle, I'm concerned I didn't actually O when I think I did.
I was wondering that myself. Your CF seems to have dried up. I guess if you start to get fertile CF again, you should be cautious.

I think anything that is supposed to affect hormones can take 3-6 months to become fully effective. That doesn't mean you won't start to see an effect sooner than that. It also doesn't mean that you will absolutely start to notice effects by 6 months. It could take longer, too. It all depends so much on the individual.

#71 of 379 Old 10-09-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

mortray - welcome!

Rara - I usually get a little nervous as AF approaches IF I have bent the rules at all. If I'm pretty confident it would practically take a miracle or a broken condom to get me pregnant (like this cycle) I don't worry about it at all. Looks like you should be getting AF within the next day or two - try to relax!

MovingMomma - yeah, your O doesn't look for sure to me at all. Oh, and I can't for the life of me figure out your abbreviation NTBCAMA.

I am 7 dpo - here's my chart.

Have a great Friday and weekend ladies!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#72 of 379 Old 10-09-2009, 05:13 PM

BFS: Not To Be Construed As Medical Advice

#73 of 379 Old 10-10-2009, 10:11 AM

Well, big temp jump this morning! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407 Dont know if it will mean anything, but i am hopeful.

Yeah, vitex can take a while to work, but that's ok. It is a long term solution vs. the pill or prescription meds being a quick fix. I LOVE the fact that it helps to regulate cycles without actually containing hormones. I can take this for years if I need to without any side effects or complications, though not while pregnant. It is actually recommended for women who are coming off the Pill. In a way, it actually really makes me angry that this herb exists, it's pretty cheap ($7/month) and it actually helps your body--it actually helps solve the problem vs the Pill which creates more prolems while covering up the existing problem!!!! And yet as soon as I or any other female says she is having a problem with cycles, they immediately throw you on the Pill

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#74 of 379 Old 10-10-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Rara - I usually get a little nervous as AF approaches IF I have bent the rules at all. If I'm pretty confident it would practically take a miracle or a broken condom to get me pregnant (like this cycle) I don't worry about it at all. Looks like you should be getting AF within the next day or two - try to relax!
it came! Exactly on time -- temp dropped and AF started after LP 11 days. It seems a little unfair that the nervous part of all this comes RIGHT when I'm PMSing. . .

NTBCAMA -- I keep trying to pronounce it

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#75 of 379 Old 10-10-2009, 01:15 PM

Well, Dear Aunt Flo has finally paid me a visit..............10 months, 1 week and 4 days..........

It's pretty funny that it is about the exact same time frame - almost to the day - from my first PPAF after my first LO as well EVEN THOUGH I had completely stopped BF DD1 for like 2 months - and this time I am still completely BF........not sure for how much longer though - it seems like my supply really drops as she has been SUPER fussy over the last couple of days.

Well - wish me luck!!!!!!!! I am going to need it

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#76 of 379 Old 10-10-2009, 01:15 PM

Oh, and BTW, thanks in advance for all the help from the MILLIONS of questions I am going to be asking

LOL

#77 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

WWC - that looks very promising!

Rara - Yay for AF!

annie - good luck dealing with your first PPAF and your charting!

Hey look everyone - my chart is triphasic! I like pointing it out when that happens when I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant to ease others' minds for when their charts do that.

#78 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 01:39 PM

BFS-that's too funny. I wonder how many charts are triphasic and not pregnant? It looks like mine might be tri, but I'm not sure. This is my third cycle and each one the lp temps have gone higher than the previous one. I'm feeling a little run down though, so might be another reason temp is up a little for me?
#79 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 03:03 PM

BFS ~ I noticed that when I checked your chart yesterday.

bbm ~ FF has done all kinds of interesting studies using charts on the website. The studies seem mostly geared toward finding trends on pg charts so people can figure out their chances of being pg. I know there's one comparing triphasic charts. They did find a significant difference between pg and non-pg charts. Triphasic occurred more often on pg charts but I don't think the absolute #s were that different.

I think I must be missing something. It seems I've gone straight from dry/sticky to ew again. I guess that's why any cf is supposed to be considered potentially fertile for cta purposes.

#80 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 08:44 PM

BFS- lol Wait, you said "pretty sure", how pretty sure are you?

MW- I guess so. It doesn't look like you O'd yet, so I would assume it fertile as well, even though you don't have to worry about it. Hopefully your cycles get straightened out before dh gets back home, so you know what's going on
#81 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 08:53 PM

yeah, i'm pretty sure i haven't Oed yet although i don't have many temps. this is the first time i've had any really fertile cf. the thing is that if i can go straight from dry/sticky to ew and then O soon after that, i could potentially get pg on a sticky day. i decided to start temping once i got ewcf to see if i'd be able to confirm O. i haven't looked it up again but i think that's how you do the abbreviated temping.

#82 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrandonsmom View Post
BFS- lol Wait, you said "pretty sure", how pretty sure are you?
Well the X on CD 18 was protected and as far as I know the condom didn't fail, so unless the sperm lived for 8 days through dry CF I should be fine.

#83 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 08:58 PM

So 4 days of high temps above coverline is "OK" to go freestyle, correct? I always get fearful when we 'free willy'. I mean I'm all dried up, so even if I hadn't, which I am sure I have, I use Ovusoft and it says I have, if I don't have anything for the swimmers to survive in I should be ok, right, right, RIGHT??

Allay my fears.

Kathryn, Wife to Andrew, Mama to Nadia (5) and Rhys (2)
#84 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

GriffsKat, if you had a chart link we could help you interpret, but if you are sure you have 4 temps (even 3 temps if fine) above the coverline and are just nervous whether it really is ok, yep, it's ok! It is pretty much impossible to get pregnant that far after ovulation.

#85 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 PM

GriffsKat ~ What BFS said. 3 consecutive temps above your CL confirms O 4 days earlier so the egg would be dead by now. If you are not sure you've Oed but have at least 4 consecutive days of CF dry up after your peak day, you are safe the evening of the 4th day of cf dry up. 3 consecutive temps above your CL plus 4 days of cf dry up is double confirmation of O.

#86 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 11:02 PM

Ok, I use ovusoft, and I've never done this before, but I uploaded my charts. I hope I did this right. My Chart

Let me know what you think.

Thanks ladies!

Kathryn, Wife to Andrew, Mama to Nadia (5) and Rhys (2)
#87 of 379 Old 10-11-2009, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

GriffsKat, with that chart I would disagree with Ovusoft slightly and put O on day 36, but that still gives you a nice temp shift with 3 days over the coverline as of this evening, so you are safe now.

#88 of 379 Old 10-12-2009, 08:22 AM

Griff-I agree w/ BFS. If it were my chart I'd put the cl over that highest temp you had 3 days ago and proceed from there. That puts O at d36.

Day 11 here and temp went up another notch. I'm chalking it up to being stuffy, so my body's fighting something off. I refuse to poas until after d13.
#89 of 379 Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 AM

GriffsKat ~ I agree with BFS and bbm. You can chance your settings in Ovusoft to make it more conservative. I remember often getting frustrated at when it would use the ROT on a temp.

#90 of 379 Old 10-12-2009, 09:46 AM

Happy Monday everyone! I dont know what happened to my notifications, but I didnt get any and now Im behind .

Thanks everyone for your advice on time to temp - Im going to shoot for the 6 am. I night nurse lying down, and am hoping that middle of the night feeding disappears soon anyway! (he didnt wake up until 5:45 today )

RaraAvis - What kind of thermometer do you have? I need a new one!

moon - After reading the posts on moon phases, I went and look and DS was conceived and born on full moons. Weird...

Wife to a wonderful man since June '04, mommy to a beautiful 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page