October 2009 Charting to Avoid Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 379 Old 10-21-2009, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's my chart...http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407 Still haven't tested. I'm only 12 DPO, so I figure, AF will arrive soon, or I'm pregnant, and either way, I'll know in a few days. The other reason I don't want to test yet is that DH has been pretty stressed with flight school lately, and I'd rather wait till the weekend, assuming AF doesn't show! And is crampiness a "sign"? It's frustrating, because I keep thinking AF is here, but then, nada???

But...I've already been looking at midwives where we're moving, calculated my potential due date, and spent entirely too much time at Once Upon a Child today, buying baby clothes for my little sis, who's due in March.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#242 of 379 Old 10-21-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokimari View Post
I didn't make them open like that... FF did because I guess it decided those couldn't possibly be right and don't count? I'm not sure. This is my 3rd PP cycle. I'm breastfeeding, so that could definitely throw my hormones off. And sometimes I'm up in the middle of the night for a while, which might affect my temps, I think.
BFS beat me to an answer. Mine is pretty much the same. FF puts open circles if your temp time is off or if you check the "sleep-deprived" box. It doesn't give open circles for illness, though. So, if your temp time was off, what would those temps be if adjusted?

I couldn't find anything in TCOYF about longer than normal bleeding, just spotting. It does say that prolonged spotting at the tail-end of AF could mean a lp dysfunction. If you aren't ttc, it's not a cause for concern. I don't think it's abnormal to have shorter or longer, lighter or heavier AFs every once in a while. If it continues for 2 weeks or more, I'd probably see a doc.

WWC ~ Cramping is normal in early pg. Of course, it could just be AF on her way. The only way to know is test or wait for AF (or wait for 18 days of high temps if you can hold out that long).

MRSA is that antibiotic resistant strain of staph infection, the "super-bug" that was supposed to be contained to hospitals but has found it's way out into the community. It's not as scary as it's been presented, though. WebMD says most people who get it recover without incident. There are rare cases where people become extremely ill or die from it. Sounds like just about any other illness to me. It's not resistant to all antibiotics, just the most common ones.

I took him back to the doc today and he said it looked like it was getting better. I can't tell. Sometimes it looks worse and sometimes it looks better. They should have the test results back by Friday. If it is MRSA, they'll probably have to give him a different antibiotic. He's definitely acting like he feels better.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#243 of 379 Old 10-22-2009, 09:37 AM

just popping in to say goodluck WWC

I'm a little sad that I won't be CTA PP. Wyatt is 7 weeks old and I had an IUD inserted yesterday. I may chart once AF comes back just to know when to expect her, but it won't be for TTA purposes..
#244 of 379 Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 AM

Texaspeach, good to see you! I'm sorry you won't be here either! It's always good to have you pop in though!

WWC...you gotta test! You're killing me!

AFM, I decided to discard my temp on CD 10 and FF gave me crosshairs. So I'm going to go with that. I had some slight spotting this morning that usually happens around 8 or 9 DPO which I would be 8 DPO if I go by FF O date. No clue why my temps have been crazy or my CF didn't match up with my O date. I'm going to chalk it up to the prenatal vitamins. So AF should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#245 of 379 Old 10-22-2009, 09:57 AM

Amanda ~ Congratulations on having Wyatt!

Annie ~ Your temp was way up this am, huh? If AF is way, way late, it may be that you didn't O until yesterday. Just something I'd keep in mind so you don't freak out.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#246 of 379 Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 AM

MW: I agree...I'm not considering myself "safe" at all. The only thing that made me think that I did O on CD 11 was the spotting this AM. But no, I'm not going to freak out if AF isn't here on Monday or Tuesday. It very well may not show up for another 10-12 days.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#247 of 379 Old 10-22-2009, 05:35 PM

OMG. It's like I'm bleeding to death. I usually have short light periods (if memory serves correctly) but since last night I've been going through a regular tampon every hour or a super every hour and a half. Not cool.

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#248 of 379 Old 10-22-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
And is crampiness a "sign"? It's frustrating, because I keep thinking AF is here, but then, nada???
I always think it's unfair that my earliest pregnancy symptoms are JUST like I feel right before AF -- crampy and sort of wet CF. . . Of course, if you look at the TCOYF list of early preggo symptoms and PMS symptoms they are basically identical. . .

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#249 of 379 Old 10-23-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
I always think it's unfair that my earliest pregnancy symptoms are JUST like I feel right before AF -- crampy and sort of wet CF. . . Of course, if you look at the TCOYF list of early preggo symptoms and PMS symptoms they are basically identical. . .
Isn't that so unfair?! I do get one early pg sign during my lp, spotting around 9-11dpo. I don't always get the spotting when I'm pg but I've never gotten when I wasn't pg. I had spotting at 9 or 10dpo when I got pg with ds3. That's why I tested at 10dpo that cycle. I got a +. Before then, I had always waited and not tested early. Now I can't even wait for the spotting. I start testing at 6-7dpo if I think there's even the slightest chance I could be pg.

PMS has definitely kicked in for me. I'm ready to bite my kids' heads off at the drop of a hat. I really have to work hard at keeping myself in check during this time. I had gotten a little nervous that I didn't really O because I took my temp at 4dpo and it was very low, 97.1. However, I think I had been lying awake for about 30 minutes before I took my temp and my mouth had been open because I can't breathe through my nose right now. I took my temp at 5dpo and it was back up to 98. I always get a temp dip at 4dpo. Hmmm...maybe that's why I get such early + hpts. Maybe my mid-lp estrogen surge and implantation happen around 4-5dpo rather than 7dpo. I'm short everywhere else. Maybe I have short fallopian tubes.

#250 of 379 Old 10-23-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Maybe my mid-lp estrogen surge and implantation happen around 4-5dpo rather than 7dpo. I'm short everywhere else. Maybe I have short fallopian tubes.
That made my morning!

I hit the "Free VIP for a few days on FF" lottery this AM...so I get all the extra features. It says I have 23 preggo pts...it's like playing a game! At any rate, my temp is staying up so if I don't have AF by Tuesday, then I am going to "un-disgard" my temp on CD 10 and let it move my O date to CD 18.

#251 of 379 Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 PM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407 14 DPO, temp up to 98.7...and BFN. With two different HPT (EPT and internet cheap one). I am more surprised then sad, I think, though I was really getting excited. And at least my luteal phase is long enough! And I ovulated before CD 72, so things are looking up, in general.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#252 of 379 Old 10-23-2009, 01:11 PM

WWC: BFN w/FMU?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#253 of 379 Old 10-23-2009, 01:33 PM

WWC how long is your luteal phase usually? Because that chart is looking awfully good to me. But who knows?

Kathryn, Wife to Andrew, Mama to Nadia (5) and Rhys (2)
#254 of 379 Old 10-23-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
WWC: BFN w/FMU?
Yep. Once at 5 am, once at 7:30 am (I went back to bed after testing at 5; drank nothing in between)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffsKat View Post
WWC how long is your luteal phase usually? Because that chart is looking awfully good to me. But who knows?
Last time it was only 9 days; this is only the second time I've ovulated since the end of April, when I went off the Pill. I know; those temps are crazy for me! But I'm 99% "Ok, I'm not pregnant; this is actually mostly a good thing" and I'm rather relieved, as is DH. I mean, if my temps are still up 16 DPO, I'll prob. test again.

#255 of 379 Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
if my temps are still up 16 DPO, I'll prob. test again.
That sounds like a good plan. I can't see any reason for your O day to be off.

#256 of 379 Old 10-23-2009, 08:23 PM

WWC: For whatever it's worth, DS I first tested probably day 13 or 14 post-O and had a barely visible second line, so barely I pretty much didn't believe it.

So I have a temping question. I have pretty bad allergies a significant portion of the year and right now I'm having a bought with sinusitis, so I pretty much can't breathe through my nose. I've found my first temp is sometimes suspiciously low and if I retemp a couple of times, making sure to keep my mouth closed as much as possible, my temp rises up to "normal". Should I be doing this? I've also noticed that if I temp after I've been awake for a little while, even if I haven't gotten up, that my temp is "high". For example, this morning I was awake for 1/2 hr or mostly bfing DS before I temped and it was over 97.4, which is unusually high for a pre-O temp, so I think not valid.

Last question ... how do you check CF? I admit I haven't really been religious so far this cycle. Everything's felt kind of dry, sensation wise, and I didn't notice anything when wiping, but I never checked internally. I probably would have checked if we'd had unprotected intercourse, but we didn't, so I didn't. Then today, *bam* EWCF.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#257 of 379 Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 PM

eresh ~ I don't think you should be doing either of those things re: taking your temp. I'm not sure how to deal with the open mouth breathing. WRT CF, unless you aren't going to have unprotected sex until after you confirm O, it's very important to check your CF so you know when to be careful. You can check your cf whenever you use the toilet. Check the tissue after you wipe to see if anything is there. Use your fingers to check at the opening of your vagina. TCOYF says to feel it before you look at it to note if it's slippery. Then look at it to see if it's sticky, creamy, watery or ew. If you don't detect much externally, you can check internally. Just be consistent throughout each cycle by either checking internally or externally, not both. You can also check your underwear. Sticky cf will leave a sort of rectangular or oval mark while wetter cf will leave a more circular mark. Also, like you've mentioned, try to notice how things feel down there throughout the day. Record whichever is most fertile seeming, either sensation or visual.

#258 of 379 Old 10-24-2009, 11:31 AM

Big temp drop for me, though still not below my coverline. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407 And some definite preliminary AF cramping!!!!

14 day LP though! I'm thrilled about that! HOPING that this coming cycle goes much more normally.

#259 of 379 Old 10-24-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
Last question ... how do you check CF? I admit I haven't really been religious so far this cycle. Everything's felt kind of dry, sensation wise, and I didn't notice anything when wiping, but I never checked internally. I probably would have checked if we'd had unprotected intercourse, but we didn't, so I didn't. Then today, *bam* EWCF.
I don't. I just kinda see if I feel anything or see anything when I wipe. I've never checked internally because I figure if you look too hard you're bound to find something... even when you should be able to count yourself as dry.

Quote:
14 day LP though! I'm thrilled about that! HOPING that this coming cycle goes much more normally.

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#260 of 379 Old 10-24-2009, 09:36 PM

I have to say it's very relaxing just waiting for AF without any wonder about being pg.

#261 of 379 Old 10-24-2009, 11:22 PM

Yeah .. I meant check internally. I pay attention to feeling and when I wipe. It sounds like I should just stick with one method though. Occasionally I check my cervix position and I notice more CF than just checking externally so I was wondering how I should account for that. But today it's back to creamy but still with a slippery sensation. Dunno what was going on yesterday. I know .. TMI ..

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#262 of 379 Old 10-25-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
Occasionally I check my cervix position and I notice more CF than just checking externally so I was wondering how I should account for that. But today it's back to creamy but still with a slippery sensation. Dunno what was going on yesterday. I know .. TMI ..
Sorry. I misunderstood your question. Yes, you need to stick to internal or external. If you are going to check your cervix, you need to be consistent about that, too. You should check your cervix only once a day at the same time every day. If you are checking CF externally, don't pay attention to any CF you find internally when checking CP.

I thought of something else last night. It's interesting how much my hormones affect my thinking. Just two weeks ago, when I was very fertile, I was dreaming about babies and talking to my friend about, hopefully, having a chance to get pg while my dh is home. Last night, as I'm about halfway through my lp, I was lying in bed and thought it would be a bad thing to have another baby when I can barely handle the 2 LOs I have.

#263 of 379 Old 10-25-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I thought of something else last night. It's interesting how much my hormones affect my thinking. Just two weeks ago, when I was very fertile, I was dreaming about babies and talking to my friend about, hopefully, having a chance to get pg while my dh is home. Last night, as I'm about halfway through my lp, I was lying in bed and thought it would be a bad thing to have another baby when I can barely handle the 2 LOs I have.
I used to be this way. During my fertile period, I would dream about babies and long for a child. Then once AF was here, I would think about all the practical reasons that it wouldn't make sense.

Now that I have baby fever full-blown, I think about having a child ALL THE TIME. Seriously. I realized the other day that in December, it will have been 2 years since I first approached DH about having a child. TWO YEARS. Will I ever get a chance to carry a babe in me? Will I ever get a chance to nurse a sweet little one? Will I ever hear a sweet little voice say "mommy" and mean me?

Sorry, I'm just having a tough time right now.

#264 of 379 Old 10-25-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Now that I have baby fever full-blown, I think about having a child ALL THE TIME. Seriously. I realized the other day that in December, it will have been 2 years since I first approached DH about having a child. TWO YEARS. Will I ever get a chance to carry a babe in me? Will I ever get a chance to nurse a sweet little one? Will I ever hear a sweet little voice say "mommy" and mean me?

I'm sorry.

#265 of 379 Old 10-25-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I used to be this way. During my fertile period, I would dream about babies and long for a child. Then once AF was here, I would think about all the practical reasons that it wouldn't make sense.

#266 of 379 Old 10-25-2009, 02:59 PM

AnnieA ... doesn't seem fair, does it?

A couple of months ago I got DH to agree to having another child, starting .. well, stopping avoiding this fall. Now when I tell him I'm potentially fertile he uses a condom and says he's afraid to have another child. And I have baby fever so bad.

#267 of 379 Old 10-26-2009, 09:41 AM

CD 2 for me today! Finally AF arrived yesterday, after a 15 day LP. I am using my Diva cup for the first time, and I LOVE it!!!! Cramps have been the worst ever, but as usual, I only get them for one day so I'm fine now. I've also decided not to take the Vitex this cycle, and see how things go without it, and adjust from there.

#268 of 379 Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 AM

WWC. I forgot you were taking Vitex. That could explain everything, the higher temps and longer lp.

I just started getting bad cramps last night. They woke me up and I had to take some ibuprofen to get back to sleep. Looking back on my notes for this cycle, I remember I had O pain, too. The day before O put in my notes that I had sharp pains on my left side.

#269 of 379 Old 10-26-2009, 10:37 AM

Good morning ladies. Thanks for the hugs. It means a lot.

As odd as it seems, I think I did in fact ovulate on CD 11. I feel as though AF will be here tomorrow. I'm super emotional, very tender breasts and when I check internally, I have some spotting. So I expect a big temp drop tomorrow morning.

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

#270 of 379 Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 AM

Hey ladies! I would like to join!

My name is Torre, I am partnered with my ex husband/coparent Shawn. We have a two year old (my biological daughter) and a 3 month old together.

I have had a hard time with birth control. After many years of being told I was infertile, I became pregnant with Abrielle on accident, while using the pill and condoms (I also had two early miscarriages using FAM, prior).

Anna was a birth control baby.

I am BAD at taking it. I hate it. I got the Mirena inserted last Monday, but made an appt on Weds to have it removed. It is just NOT working for us. So we have been relying on the mini pill and condoms since the birth of Anna and prior to the Mirena insertion.

I am EBF and had one period at 6 weeks PP. But have not had a period since. I am going to have the Mirena removed and start temping. I feel like I need to know what is going on with my body. I am not even sure I am ovulating, honestly. But I would like to know when/if I am. I may get back on the mini pill at some point, but we will see.

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page