Nearly passed out the other day from AF blood loss, Bye bye Paraguard. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-26-2009, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The title says it all. I've been taking Floradix 2x daily during AF because I loose so much blood. My diva cup fills up every 1.5 hours on my three heaviest days. Last month I called to talk to the advice nurse about it and she said that as long as I wasn't bleeding more than a pad a hour for more than two hours I was okay. I disagreed. .5oz every hour and a half for three days straight can't be good. She told me I should stop using my graduated diva cup and use pads so I could get a better idea of how much blood I'm loosing.

Anyway, the other day I forgot to take my Floradix in the morning. I nearly passed out during the day. I made an appointment to get my Paraguard out on Wednesday. I can't handle this anymore.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#2 of 9 Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM

Sorry to hear it's not going well.

I also had the same with Paragard, on my heaviest days Diva cup would fill up every 1.5 hours for 3 days straight, day and night.

Took me about 3 cycles after the removal to get completely down to normal flow levels but even the first one was an improvement.

Good luck with your removal.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#3 of 9 Old 10-26-2009, 03:07 PM

Wow, I was thinking about a paragard, but I have low levels of iron anyway. I get anemic when I'm pregnant. I have to take iron during AF and I'm not on bc at all. Guess that shoots it for me.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles, I hope you feel better soon.

Kathryn, Wife to Andrew, Mama to Nadia (5) and Rhys (2)
#4 of 9 Old 10-28-2009, 01:43 PM

Ugh, I'm planning on getting a paraguard next week and really, really hoping I don't have that bad a time on it. I just have issues with pretty much every other form of birth control out there.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#5 of 9 Old 10-28-2009, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Well, had it removed today. Removal was very easy. Hopefully next month's AF will be better.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#6 of 9 Old 11-04-2009, 04:57 PM

I just got mine in. The insertion was super easy -- maybe a few second of mild discomfort, but pretty much a cakewalk. I don't have any cramps now, though I do sort of have this sense that it's there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the bleeding isn't bad.
IUD's seem like such a great option for women who don't want hormonal birth control, provided they don't have the kind of side effects you're talking about. I guess you pretty much just have to get it in and see how your body will react to it.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#7 of 9 Old 11-04-2009, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaJen* View Post
I just got mine in. The insertion was super easy -- maybe a few second of mild discomfort, but pretty much a cakewalk. I don't have any cramps now, though I do sort of have this sense that it's there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the bleeding isn't bad.
IUD's seem like such a great option for women who don't want hormonal birth control, provided they don't have the kind of side effects you're talking about. I guess you pretty much just have to get it in and see how your body will react to it.
Yeah, I was fine with mine until I started having periods again in April. So basically once my fertility returned. I'm so glad its gone. I didn't have any problems with cramping. It was only the bleeding. Back to charting and condoms for me. Sigh.

#8 of 9 Old 11-04-2009, 06:28 PM

Same here, cramps were only bad the first month but the heavy bleeding went on the whole time (year and a half).

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#9 of 9 Old 11-06-2009, 03:31 PM

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! I got mine inserted in June and my periods were terrible to begin with but have been getting better each month - the cramping and flow have reduced significantly. I'm almost back to normal periods now. I'm so glad because I LOVE my IUD!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page