Charting to Avoid, November 2009 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 321 Old 11-10-2009, 10:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
MW: my Sept 10 cycle was a 14 day luteal phase. I flew out on a trip 4 days after O and didn't start temping and recording CF again until after So I guess the chart doesn't show it as a 14 day luteal phase, but that's what it was.

AnnieA: what prenatals are you taking? I'm taking some cheap ones right now in hopes DH will agree to TTC but I'd like to change to some better ones.
I'm taking the New Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatals. I really like them. You take three small ones per day, usually at meals, instead of one big one. I have felt so much better since I started taking them. I really needed the iron and extra B vitamins.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#122 of 321 Old 11-10-2009, 10:55 PM

WWC: What's concerning you about your chart? Looks like you're solidly in phase I, possibly gearing up to O, but it could still be a while, esp. since your temps are still a little erratic.

Wow, there are lots of USMC wives here! Is there something about charting or being married to a Marine that relates to the other? We haven't been to a ball in 8 years! DH doesn't like them, he'd rather go to the EOD Ball. I would like to go again if we're ever able to leave the kids!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#123 of 321 Old 11-10-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
WWC: What's concerning you about your chart? Looks like you're solidly in phase I, possibly gearing up to O, but it could still be a while, esp. since your temps are still a little erratic.

Wow, there are lots of USMC wives here! Is there something about charting or being married to a Marine that relates to the other? We haven't been to a ball in 8 years! DH doesn't like them, he'd rather go to the EOD Ball. I would like to go again if we're ever able to leave the kids!
Is the correlation that we all want to have babies and our Devil Dog husbands do not???

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#124 of 321 Old 11-10-2009, 11:35 PM

Eresh ~ I see now. The Sept 10 chart stopped after 3 dpo, I guess because you stopped recording info? I stop recording temps but I continue to record CF and other "symptoms" so my charts keep going.

I read in The Globe here today that the Naval Hospital is offering Creighton classes. I thought that was very cool.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#125 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 12:29 AM

Holy shorta** anovulatory cycles Batman... I just got AF. During my zumba class. Wtf?

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#126 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 12:53 AM

I haven't been on in months, and now I'm just popping in to say goodbye and goodluck. We just got the 0 sperm post-V analysis, tonight, we no longer have to chart, or worry, or plan, or pull out... Just enjoy.

Good luck to everyone with your avoiding and your charting. It was great to have your advice when I was on more regularly, and great to have "met" you.

#127 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 03:30 AM

So my weird cycle just got weirder, and it's really starting to irritate me. I wonder if maybe my endometriosis is coming back but worse than before because it pretty much fits... this is more info than I'm comfortable with giving but there's no appropriate way to tell this story
When we were having sex tonight, I had a really good orgasm, but then like 2 minutes later I got an awful pain starting low near my cervix then spreading to my whole lower abdomen. I had to stop and lie still, and could barely move for ten minutes. I'm still in pain though. I've NEVER had that happen before, and it really scared me. Also I noticed my lower abdomen got really hard and felt bloated for a bit. Very weird, and scary. Don't know if I can say it was worth it! Anyone ever get this before?
#128 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 09:44 AM

Wow, I need to catch up. FF moved my cross hairs. On FaM it puts O on d15 I think, on Advanced it puts it on d19. I know I don't have many pre O temps to go by. Ff says it was confused because of the ewcf after O, but I marked it as such, going by our "snot" cf topic. Most of those days were snotty, but stretchy, so....Otherwise I can look at my paper chart and remark all the ones w/ notes to ccf.

I know some of you also break out, but I can't remember-is it near O or af for you? I break out a tiny bit around O, but already I'm breaking out and af isn't due for another 5-7 days. I'm breaking out a lot this month, so trying to figure out if something else is contributing. I've also started running again, so will be curiouse to see if that has any effects on next months cycle.
#129 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 11:16 AM

bbm ~ I don't know what to say. Nothing is clear to me from your chart.

smyling ~ I don't know if it's the same but I get horrible, intense, painful cramps after an orgasm during my lp. I have to take ibuprofen before we dtd or else the pain is so bad I can't move. I was told by one OB a loooong time ago that I had endo based on my symptoms. However, when I had a laporoscopy (sp?) (which I had find another doc to do because the first one who diagnosed me wouldn't do it ) it was found that I did not have endo. I continue to have the pain with no explanation.

momtokimari ~ I had several anov cycles interspersed with a few O cycles when my fertility was returning PP.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#130 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 12:04 PM

The reason I was just weirded out by my chart is that the temps seem rather rocky to me, and high. 97.7 is usually an post-O temp for me. But I've also been sleeping horribly and am soooooo stressed out it is ridiculous. Thanks for thinking that everying is fine; that makes me feel better!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#131 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

tinams8, welcome! I will get you added.

bicyclingbethany - I too remember that spotting, I think for me it was about 9 weeks PP. I think a lot of women get it.

WWC - your chart looks fine to me as well. Temps maybe a little high, but that happens to me sometimes if I ovulate a little later. You still have the possibility to get a nice clear thermal shift if you do ovulate soon.

twilight - Thanks for stopping by! Goodbye and good luck to you as well! Yay for not having to worry!

Smylingeyz - I don't know what that pain could be and I've never had it but it sounds awful.

bbm - I would go back and change the notation of those stretchy, snotty ones to creamy or sticky just to see if that makes any more sense of your chart. There is wayyyy too much EW there. I have a tendency to break out sometimes both around O and just before AF. This cycle I have been breaking out the entire time.

AFM, 7 dpo, I've been too lazy to override FF so it still says 8. My temp skyrocketed this morning, highest temp I've had since DS was born! Here's my chart. Edit: I overrode it. Looks a little better to me now. I haven't been keeping up with my paper chart very well so the least I can do is keep up with FF huh?

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#132 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 03:58 PM

Looks like I didn't actually get AF.... I am just peeing TONS of blood. My CM is still creamy and white. Oops. I just assumed that much blood had to be AF.

Might want to head to the doctor...

#133 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokimari View Post
Looks like I didn't actually get AF.... I am just peeing TONS of blood. My CM is still creamy and white. Oops. I just assumed that much blood had to be AF.

Might want to head to the doctor...
Yeeps! My dad had that last Thanksgiving -- it was *just* an infection -- scary but it cleared right up with antibiotics

I googled zumba and it looks like so much fun!

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#134 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 05:06 PM

Hey Everyone,

I am still here - one of my kids ran off with my therm like a week ago and I haven't been able to find it! Grrrrrrrrr

So I will probably buy a new one to use next cycle. Still no fertile CM for me, so I am assuming I won't O for awhile.

For those of you ladies who were still BF your LO's and charting - how long was it from your first PPAF to your second one?
My first DD it was 59 days but I wasn't BF at all anymore, and hadn't been for months....

I totally wish I could get back on track! stupid loooooong cycles!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#135 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 06:49 PM

BFS-I went back and switched all the snotty days to ccf and now ff puts O at d17 on fam method. On advanced it puts O on d19. My last day of true clear ewcf was d17, the days following were that snotty/stretchy stuff.
#136 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, bbm, that looks slightly easier to interpret. Being as you didn't get all the temps though...who knows. I guess I'd be inclined to go with CD 17 as FF does there, based on the CF. Going only by temps I would put it CD 20 as that's the first time you have 6 previous temps (so you would be safe now) but you also had a shift at CD 17. Guess we'll see when AF comes huh?

momtokimari, yikes! I hope everything is ok.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#137 of 321 Old 11-11-2009, 08:24 PM

Yikes, momtokimari! That doesn't sound good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
For those of you ladies who were still BF your LO's and charting - how long was it from your first PPAF to your second one?
For me, after ds2 I had a bleed at around 11 months PP that ended up being an anov cycle that only lasted 24 days. Then I had an O cycle that lasted 45 days followed by alternating anov and O cycles. I don't think my cycles ever got normal before getting pg with ds3 when ds2 was 2 years and 7 months old. I was BFing the entire time. After ds3 I had my first PP bleed at 6 months but didn't have another until about 12 months PP. That cycle was 55 days with O. Then I had 2 very short, anov cycles before having another O cycle. He's almost 2 1/2 yo now. I'm still BFing and my cycles are still irregular.

bbm ~ With what you've got on your chart now, I'd probably go with cd19-20 O. Because you have so many missing temps I don't think I can be more accurate.

So, now I'm confused by my CF. Right after I had one dry day, one sticky day and one creamy day. For once I was actually able to clearly distinguish that. Now, though, I've had 2 dry days after the creamy day. I'm only on cd12 and only have 4 temps, 2 of which are open circles (I assume because they are out of my usual time frame), with a missing temp right in the middle. My Chart

#138 of 321 Old 11-12-2009, 01:10 AM

Zumba is fun!

And this can't be just an infection. I've done antibiotics like 7 times now. It just keeps coming back. I get test results Monday. We'll see.

#139 of 321 Old 11-12-2009, 05:40 AM

Haven't been here in a few days, but: OORAH! DH is a Marine, as well. He's out, now, but - once a Marine, always a Marine... as evidenced by last night's bar bender, if nothing else. Thank God the birthday comes but once a year!

I'm annoyed with my chart right now. No particular reason other than I'd been grooving along at right around 97.6 for several days, and then today was at 97.2, and thus I don't think my chart looks as pretty.

I'm a freak.
#140 of 321 Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelg View Post
Haven't been here in a few days, but: OORAH! DH is a Marine, as well. He's out, now, but - once a Marine, always a Marine... as evidenced by last night's bar bender, if nothing else. Thank God the birthday comes but once a year!

I'm annoyed with my chart right now. No particular reason other than I'd been grooving along at right around 97.6 for several days, and then today was at 97.2, and thus I don't think my chart looks as pretty.

I'm a freak.
Have you been having fertile CF? It could be a good indicator that you are about to ovulate. I usually have a temp dip right before I ovulate.

AFM: Temp rise this AM...could it be possible that I will have a textbook cycle this month? Ovulate on CD 15? Crazy!

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

#141 of 321 Old 11-12-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
AFM: Temp rise this AM...could it be possible that I will have a textbook cycle this month? Ovulate on CD 15? Crazy!
Could be.

Yep, laurelg, you're a freak.

AFM, I think I got some ewcf last night but I'm not sure. There wasn't much of it and I couldn't tell how much it stretched. It was definitely more slippery and stretchy than what I've had so far this cycle. The dry day just before is confusing me, too.

#142 of 321 Old 11-12-2009, 11:33 AM

I keep forgetting to answer the zit question. I break out around O time and just before .

#143 of 321 Old 11-13-2009, 12:01 PM

and on which day would you mark it?

Another CF question. For 3 days now I've been dry during the day. No CF at all that I have noticed. However, at night (after 6 pm) I do seem to get a tiny bit of CF. On my fingers it seems somewhere between sticky and creamy. It's white, kind of thick, does form tiny peaks and also looks a little like paste. I'm more inclined to call it sticky rather than creamy but I can never remember which one is supposed to form the peaks. I explained about the CF I got 2 nights ago that I thought was maybe EW because it did stretch a little. Every time, though, there's very scant amounts so it's hard for me to really tell what it is. Last night, after being dry all day, around 8-9 pm when I wiped it was very slippery. The tissue practically flew over me. (Sorry for the TMI. ) When I looked on the tissue, though, I didn't see anything. There wasn't anything for me to pick up in my fingers and feel and try to stretch.

Anyone have any opinions on how you'd record that? Also, when would you record it? Since it was after 6 pm would you record for that day or the next?

#144 of 321 Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 PM

MW: I consider everything until I go to bed to be that day. Right before bed, I "bear down" and that is my final check for the day. Is the pasty CF more like lotion or more like from a glue stick? I would call lotion creamy and glue stick sticky. If it can form peaks on its own, not just due to water tension, I call taht sticky.

I sometimes get that slippery feeling like you are saying w/o any discernable CF, and call that Watery. It feels to me like there should be something there, but I can't pick anything off the tissue. It doesn't really soak in right away, either. But I can still see it. If you can't see anything on the tissue, I would count that as dry, but just make a note of it on my paper chart.

AFM: Ugh. CD 20, temps still up down, up down. Some EW, but yesterday was 100% dry. Strange. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#145 of 321 Old 11-13-2009, 12:16 PM

I agree with WWC. Anything before I go to bed is fair game. Sometimes, I have not gotten EWCF until 9 PM at night but I count it for that day.

#146 of 321 Old 11-13-2009, 12:45 PM

Thanks. I was thinking I should record it for that day. The 6 pm rule confuses me with that. If I'm dry all day, I'm supposed to be safe after 6 pm but what happens when I get CF at 8 pm? KWIM?

Pasty! TY, WWC. I couldn't think of the word to describe it. It's like that crumbly looking rubber cement example in TCOYF. The difference is that the pic in the book looks dry but my stuff is wet. I'll keep it as sticky. I think I'm getting another cold, which might explain the start of fertile CF that went dry again. My immune system must be really weak because I get sick so much. At least I don't usually get bedridden sick. I just get a lot of mild colds.

I'm definitely going through a no more babies phase. Maybe that's because I'm feeling run down from the cold. Whenever I feel really tired or sick or rundown I think there's no way I want another baby. Then when I feel better and have all my energy back I think there's no way I can not have another baby. The problem right now is that I seem to alternate weeks of feeling well and feeling bad. I had a bunch of bloodwork done and it all came back normal. There's nothing physically wrong with me according to my doc. I wish I knew why I feel so bad so much of the time then.

#147 of 321 Old 11-13-2009, 01:25 PM

I'm here! Just had IUD removed yesterday and am brand new to FAM. Waiting on AF. I'm nursing my almost 15 month old so not sure how my cycles are going to be. Haven't had a real period since 10/07.

Question... is ovusoft worth the money compared to Fertility Friend (free). I've read TCOYF so I feel as though I might be more familiar with the ovusoft. A I right? The first time I checked the book out from the library the cd was in the book, but I didn't install it. Then I had to return it and check it out at a later date. The cd was of course gone!

~Amanda~ crunchy, foodie SAHM to DD 8/14/08
#148 of 321 Old 11-13-2009, 07:44 PM

MW - anytime when I wipe and it feels slippery, even if I can't see anything on the TP, I assume it is VERY fertile..........I can't imagine that sensation being dry - I only get that slippery sensation when I am fertile. That is the only way I can distinguish my snotty CF from my fertile CF is the sensation when I wipe. (well, that and it looks different, but I know if I feel anything when I wipe - WATCH OUT!)

Just my own two cents!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#149 of 321 Old 11-13-2009, 09:05 PM

MamaG- I have used both FF and Ovusoft. IMO Ovusoft is better. I'm glad I paid the money for it. FF may be free, but ovusoft is a lot like the FF you pay for. I prefer and like Ovusoft. That's my .02.

I'm still here. Those two days of high temps turned out to be nothing. I had a bottom out temp just yesterday. It seems like when my body gets around to being fertile I start out with a low temp. So I guess I'm in my fertile stage. Awaiting O.

Kathryn, Wife to Andrew, Mama to Nadia (5) and Rhys (2)
#150 of 321 Old 11-13-2009, 09:46 PM

DH came down with the flu day before yesterday. I should have known I was getting sick when my temp this morning was 97.6 ... firmly in my post-O range (which I am not in). Now my throat is scratchy, tummy queesy, and feeling weak. Hope to get better soon.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page