Charting to Avoid, December 2009 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-29-2009, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MarineWife- I was still getting negatives when I was pregnant with my two boys and right where you are at in your cycle. Your temps look good! and I hope you're feeling the beginning of morning sickness!!! Sending major sticky vibes for you!

AFM: I'm on day 11 and finally done spotting, hopefully. Af is a pain, day 1 I thought I was hemorrhaging, then it totally stopped except for one tiny spot each day. Now it's already condom time. This is a confusing month because my obgyn told me if I ever want another baby I should get pg in January due to some major seasonal asthma issues and she told me hurry up because I'm getting old! I'm 35. So even though this year is not a good time and we might not ever have another, I keep thinking about it. being a woman is a big mindgame, I swear...

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2009, 05:46 PM

MW- YAY CONGRATS And sending lots of sticky vibes. LOL quit reading into darkness of the lines... a line is a line and its positive. Enjoy that if something else changes then you can deal with that as it happens. But those test are not quantitative they only register hormones. I got BFN's up until I was 8 weeks pregnant with my DD so it doens't mean anything. (despite a blood HCG being 98,000).

As for me I need to brush up on the "rules" because we're avoiding again lol at least for now

Mama to a zoo!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:51 PM

AJ ~ I would be cautious. I don't see O confirmed with those temps.

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies, but I've been through this 3 times before. For me, anyway, the darkness of the lines does matter and it also does matter if they are dark one day and then light the next (when I'm using the same tests). When that has happened to me before, I miscarried. I know nothing's written in stone but after having been through this before I don't have much hope.

Sorry for completely sidetracking this thread.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 12-29-2009, 06:55 PM

AnnieA: Gosh I honestly wish I knew what to say, but I don't know what's happening there! You got the new thermometer, but are you maybe having bad sleeps? I'm assuming you would have mentioned if you were sick.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 PM

Annie A- I vote keep this cycle of temping up. IF you still aren't able to get a good pattern etc established after this because your temps are all over the place I suggest talking with a doc.

Sometimes thyroid problems, diabetes or other things can screw up your body temps. Maybe your night waking and not realizing it? Are you still breastfeeding that changes things a ton? If not I'd see if you can notice a better pattern and if your having other symptoms of issues such as night sweats, frequent urination especially at night I'd checkw ith doc to make sure something else isn't up.

Marine wife- HUGS I hope your wrong about the lighter tests being a sign of anything bad happening. Just speaking from someone who couldn't seem to get a positive test you never know what may be going on.

LOL ok so now that I have one cycle under my belt WITH a 15 day long LP... I can dtd the first 5 days lol no matter what?

Mama to a zoo!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:30 PM

With regard to my crazy temps, I haven't been sick and I've been sleeping o.k. even though we have had some late evenings this past weekend hanging out with DH's family. But they haven't been super late so it shouldn't affect my temps.

As far as the thyroid issues go, I am hypothyroid and I take meds for it daily. I was lax about taking my meds for about a month and I am just now getting back in to the routine. My last cycle was a little crazy but I expected it to calm down some with the new therm. And then this afternoon after the kids and I went swimming at the gym, I had some spotting. WTH???

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnquia View Post
LOL ok so now that I have one cycle under my belt WITH a 15 day long LP... I can dtd the first 5 days lol no matter what?
I'm in the same situation and I've decided definitely yes! Maybe even the first 10 days.

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

Old 12-30-2009, 01:00 AM

AnnieA-- Hate to be the one to ask, but is there a chance that you're pregnant? I know you said your period started very odd this month and didn't really pick up a lot, could it not have been a true period? It looks like your temps have stayed pretty high (although erratic) for the first part of your schedule, or at least higher than last months.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 12-30-2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
AnnieA-- Hate to be the one to ask, but is there a chance that you're pregnant?
I had this thought as well, but you did spot on CD 10 last cycle, so maybe not so unusual? Are the sustained higher temps typical?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 12-30-2009, 08:33 AM

Now I am officiallly panicking.
My LP has been solidly 11 days ever since I started PPAF -- now I'm on LP CD 13! WTF?

Please tell me that LP length can vary a few days -- otherwise, I don't see how I could have gotten pregnant. It looks like a good shift and it matched my CM sign. . .

My Ovulation Chart
We don't do barrier, for religious reasons, so when I say that's the first BD, I mean it -- no condom failure possible. . .

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
Old 12-30-2009, 12:04 PM

Well, I POAS on Dec. 20, and it was negative. My period was different than usual, not so much as far as the flow goes but I did not have as much pain with my cramps as I have in the past. Normally, I have to take 1-2 prescription pain killers during the first 24-36 hours of a new cycle. This time, I was able to get by with ibuprofen alone. I guess I could take another test. I have a couple more $ tree tests stashed in the cabinet somewhere.

Having sustained higher temps is not normal for me. Usually I stay around 97.0-97.5 pre-O and then jump up to 97.8-98.3 post-O. I went in this AM and disgarded two temps that were on mornings after I had been drinking red wine the night before. Normally that doesn't affect my temp that much so I did not initially disgard those temps. One was the super high 98.3 temp and the other temp was not that high but I disgarded anyway.

So my temp is back up this AM. Maybe if I can get the kids involved in an activity long enough, I will go take a test.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 12-30-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
Now I am officiallly panicking.
My LP has been solidly 11 days ever since I started PPAF -- now I'm on LP CD 13! WTF?

Please tell me that LP length can vary a few days -- otherwise, I don't see how I could have gotten pregnant. It looks like a good shift and it matched my CM sign. . .

My Ovulation Chart
We don't do barrier, for religious reasons, so when I say that's the first BD, I mean it -- no condom failure possible. . .
It can vary 1-2 days on either side of your "normal". Are you still nursing your youngest?

Old 12-30-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
My LP length varies, the longest recorded one I have is 14 days, the shortest is 10. Both of those were a single occurence, my "normal" is 12 days. I think if you're still nursing that can affect your LP. If that is the only time you BD I don't think it could be possible that you're pregnant, it looks like a pretty clear O to me.

AFM, my chart still waiting to O I think, or waiting for it to be confirmed. I've had an upset stomach the past two days and that is generally something that happens post-O for me. So I'm not sure yet.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 12-30-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Please tell me that LP length can vary a few days
I agree with Annie that it can vary up to 2 days but disagree that it can go in either direction. If it does vary, it should only be in one direction. For example, if your lp is normally 11 days it could be 12-13 days every once in a while or 9-10 days but it shouldn't vary from 9-13 days. However, when first getting cycles back PP, it can vary a lot. I think you're fine. This could actually be a good sign of your lp going back to a normal, healthy length because 11 days is kind of short.

Annie ~ Your temps are wild. Do you think it's possible you Oed yesterday with the spotting and then major temp hike? Maybe you should try vag temping if your temps don't settle. Or, is your cycle long enough that you could skip temping while you have ? Temps can be high and erratic during .

AFM, I am going to try not to test anymore. I used my last 2 tests this morning, a $ Store and an IC (from earlypregnancytests.com, which I am now telling everyone not to buy from). They are both +. The $ Store looks about the same as yesterday and the day before. The IC actually looks darker. If find that so funny because I really thought I was getting BFNs with those even though they are supposed to be the most sensitive. When I got my first $ Store + the IC still looked -. Now I think I was probably getting BFPs at 8 or 9dpo but thought it was my imagination because the lines were so thin and faint and didn't seem to have any color. I've taken so many hpts over the years that sometimes I think I see a line because I know where it's supposed to be. We have guests and then we're going away from the weekend so, hopefully, I won't have a chance to poas.

Oh, and I fiddled with my chart again. I put all my temps back to what they were rather than adjusted. FF switched my usual temp time from 6-6:30 to 5-5:30 so the open and closed circles are now switched. In FAM, FF takes away my CH and says I may have Oed sometime between cd14 and cd21. With Advanced, FF says possibly cd16 but is confused by the watery CF at 11dpo. I'm now inclined to go with cd17 because that's more conservative and it makes more sense with my hpts.

Shannon ~ What do you think? Would you put my O on cd16 of cd17?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 12-30-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
It can vary 1-2 days on either side of your "normal". Are you still nursing your youngest?
No. . . I hope to god I'm being insane.

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
Old 12-30-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I agree with Annie that it can vary up to 2 days but disagree that it can go in either direction. If it does vary, it should only be in one direction. For example, if your lp is normally 11 days it could be 12-13 days every once in a while or 9-10 days but it shouldn't vary from 9-13 days. However, when first getting cycles back PP, it can vary a lot. I think you're fine. This could actually be a good sign of your lp going back to a normal, healthy length because 11 days is kind of short.

Annie ~ Your temps are wild. Do you think it's possible you Oed yesterday with the spotting and then major temp hike? Maybe you should try vag temping if your temps don't settle. Or, is your cycle long enough that you could skip temping while you have ? Temps can be high and erratic during .

AFM, I am going to try not to test anymore. I used my last 2 tests this morning, a $ Store and an IC (from earlypregnancytests.com, which I am now telling everyone not to buy from). They are both +. The $ Store looks about the same as yesterday and the day before. The IC actually looks darker. If find that so funny because I really thought I was getting BFNs with those even though they are supposed to be the most sensitive. When I got my first $ Store + the IC still looked -. Now I think I was probably getting BFPs at 8 or 9dpo but thought it was my imagination because the lines were so thin and faint and didn't seem to have any color. I've taken so many hpts over the years that sometimes I think I see a line because I know where it's supposed to be. We have guests and then we're going away from the weekend so, hopefully, I won't have a chance to poas.

Oh, and I fiddled with my chart again. I put all my temps back to what they were rather than adjusted. FF switched my usual temp time from 6-6:30 to 5-5:30 so the open and closed circles are now switched. In FAM, FF takes away my CH and says I may have Oed sometime between cd14 and cd21. With Advanced, FF says possibly cd16 but is confused by the watery CF at 11dpo. I'm now inclined to go with cd17 because that's more conservative and it makes more sense with my hpts.

Shannon ~ What do you think? Would you put my O on cd16 of cd17?
MW, thanks for doing a better job at explaining the varying LP thing! I was trying to say that but couldn't think of a good way to say it! I obviously have not had enough coffee this AM!

If I did O yesterday, which crossed my mind because I usually have a pretty drastic drop just before O and combine that with the spotting, then we may have a new family member in September too. DH and I DTD on CD 7 and did not use W/D.

WRT you, I'm so happy your tests are still good!

Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
MW, thanks for doing a better job at explaining the varying LP thing! I was trying to say that but couldn't think of a good way to say it! I obviously have not had enough coffee this AM!

If I did O yesterday, which crossed my mind because I usually have a pretty drastic drop just before O and combine that with the spotting, then we may have a new family member in September too. DH and I DTD on CD 7 and did not use W/D.

WRT you, I'm so happy your tests are still good!
I figured that's what you were saying. Most everyone else probably got it but I have to be very precise. It drives my dh crazy the way I split hairs.

WRT your chart, that's exactly what I was thinking. A major temp dip followed by a major rise along with the spotting looks very suspicious. I know it's early for O but not unheard of. Did you notice any CF after cd5?

Old 12-30-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I figured that's what you were saying. Most everyone else probably got it but I have to be very precise. It drives my dh crazy the way I split hairs.

WRT your chart, that's exactly what I was thinking. A major temp dip followed by a major rise along with the spotting looks very suspicious. I know it's early for O but not unheard of. Did you notice any CF after cd5?
I went in and marked the only CF that I observed and that was on CD 8. But I can't say for sure if it was EWCF or seminal fluid. It would be early to O but not completely outside the realm of possibility. I went back and looked at all my charts and the earliest I have O'd is CD 11. If I did in fact O yesterday, then God has a big sense of humor!

Old 12-30-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I went in and marked the only CF that I observed and that was on CD 8. But I can't say for sure if it was EWCF or seminal fluid. It would be early to O but not completely outside the realm of possibility. I went back and looked at all my charts and the earliest I have O'd is CD 11. If I did in fact O yesterday, then God has a big sense of humor!

Now we just have to wait and see.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
No. . . I hope to god I'm being insane.
I was reading on another forum that if you DTD 4 days after you you have a 1 in a 1000 chance of getting pregnant - it goes from 1 in 100 to 1 in 1000 in one day, so I am pretty sure you're good!

Otherwise................that baby is REALLY lucky to be here!!

I see that you are Catholic so I am assuming that you got married in a Catholic church, did you know that we have a FERTILITY blessing bestowed on us during the nuptual mass?!?!?!? I found that out after I was married during my friends wedding...........I would have loved to have seen my face when I found out!!

AFM - I do have a couple questions but duty calls so I'll be back later! Just wanted to offer support to other freaking out individuals as I was just there and WILL be there again!

MW - glad the baby is sticking

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 12-30-2009, 04:03 PM

O.K. so just so we have a baseline, I POAS and it was a BFN. So definitely NOT preggo at the moment. So I just need to see what my temps do over the next few days and if any fertile CF shows up.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:09 PM

Is it possible to have watery CF during your LP? I usually go back to sticky CF for several days before AF but today I had gobs and gobs of watery CF with some sticky. And I my O is well, pretty clear, .... http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/299dd4

It was just watery the one time I checked. Later on it was just sticky again.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
Old 12-30-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
Did you know that we have a FERTILITY blessing bestowed on us during the nuptial mass?!?!?!? I found that out after I was married during my friends wedding...........I would have loved to have seen my face when I found out!!
I KNOW.
I'm mostly kidding -- we really do want the kids God wants for us. . .

Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
Is it possible to have watery CF during your LP? I usually go back to sticky CF for several days before AF but today I had gobs and gobs of watery CF with some sticky. And I my O is well, pretty clear, .... http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/299dd4

It was just watery the one time I checked. Later on it was just sticky again.
Yes, that can be normal. There is a mid-lp estrogen surge that can cause fertile looking CF. It's also common to get fertile looking CF, watery or ew, a day or 2 before . As long as you have a clear and sustained thermal shift, you don't need to worry about still being fertile.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
I KNOW.
I'm mostly kidding -- we really do want the kids God wants for us. . .
- its almost like if you say it enough if it will become true!!

I do know what you mean though - its mostly ANTICIPATING another pregnancy when you would like to space them out........when you get a BFP its really not horrible...........its hard to explain that to a world so contraceptive oriented where a pregnancy is like a failure or something............

Anyways,
AFM - I have a question - I started temping vaginally when I found my therm last cycle (randomly JUST in time to get 6 temps exactly before my )

I started temping vaginally after my this cycle and so far (besides the first temp) my temps have been pretty high........not QUITE as high as my post temps were, but just barely below. (my post temps were mostly 9.3-9.6)

Is it normal to have higher temps until you start getting your fertile CF? It sorta makes sense to me since in the beginning of your cycle you probably have more progestore (especially in longer cycles) and then once your body starts gearing up and giving you fertile CF and estrogen takes over your temps would go down before you O?

Anyways, just wondering for any insight.....I REALLY dont think I O'd yet as today is the first day I haven't been bone dry, I've had a creamy/sticky thing going on.

Here is my chart!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26af7e

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 12-31-2009, 01:45 AM

Hi, I am new to this thread!! We are charting to avoid, and I just had my first PPAF in November. So this is cycle #2 since the birth. I have NO idea what my cycles are doing right now. My normal O between days 14-16 with a 11-13 day LP are now no idea when or if I am Oing and LP of 7ish days??

I just started temping 2 days ago because with the baby waking up a lot at night still, my sleep patterns are not really condusive to temping. But I was just charting my CM and was getting really confused on whether I was Oing or not so I decided to try and temp. We will see. I still haven't O'd and I'm on CD 22.

Anyway, glad to be here! Here is my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681 I just signed up for FF so all my other charts are on my Ovusoft software.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Old 12-31-2009, 05:14 AM

I am not dealing with this very well -- can't sleep at all. I have one of those Lady-Comp thermometers that goes to the hundreth degree, so I usually just enter it exactly as the therm says. I went back and have been rounding them to the tenth, and am worried that maybe I didn't until CD 20.
My Ovulation Chart

Is this hysteria or the awful truth? I keep cramping, but NO , not even much of that CM that usually comes before AF. I am VERY AFRAID.

My only hope left is that my body is waiting for the blue moon.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:

I am not dealing with this very well -- can't sleep at all. I have one of those Lady-Comp thermometers that goes to the hundreth degree, so I usually just enter it exactly as the therm says. I went back and have been rounding them to the tenth, and am worried that maybe I didn't until CD 20.
My Ovulation Chart

Is this hysteria or the awful truth? I keep cramping, but NO , not even much of that CM that usually comes before AF. I am VERY AFRAID.

My only hope left is that my body is waiting for the blue moon.
If you O'd on CD 20, that doesn't explain the high temps on CD 17 and 19. While your temps aren't "textbook", there is very clearly a group of low temps followed by a group of high temps. Hopefully you will see some action today and AF will show up!

ETA: Oh have you checked your cervix at all to see what position it's in or if there is any spotting at your cervix?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
ETA: Oh have you checked your cervix at all to see what position it's in or if there is any spotting at your cervix?
My poor cervix has been poked, prodded and milked a lot in the past 2 days -- once I saw a little streak of blood, but that was probably due to abuse. It does feel like it opened and softened slightly yesterday, which got my hopes up along with the cramps. . . but nothing.

My DH is being wonderful -- but this is such unfortunate timing -- I was going to be a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding (with my DD a flower girl) and if this what I think it is then I won't even be able to attend!

Old 12-31-2009, 10:17 AM

Rara ~ If you are pg, I will be completely amazed. I still think it's very obvious that you Oed cd15. I don't see anyway that O could've been cd20.

kimmiepie ~ Welcome

annie ~ I was going to say that high temps early in your cycle can be normal. That happens to me. My temps will stay kind of high until about a week before O. Then they start to drop. However, your temps are just wacky. That doesn't mean they're abnormal, although I don't have any explanation for why they would shoot up that high after being low.

Well, ladies, I'm done. I took a FRER this am with FMU (I know, after I said I wasn't going to poas anymore. I had to run out for some things yesterday and couldn't help myself. I was hoping the FRERs would be darker and give me reassurance but nope. The one I took yesterday after was BFP but very, very light.) Anyway, the one this am is blaringly, stark white blank. BFN. So, I'm think I'm going to get thoroughly wasted for NYEs, throw up and pass out and really piss my dh off.

I'm going to go on a little whine now. This is pregnancy #8 for me. For someone who swore she was never going to have any kids back in high school, it's kind of laughable. Pregnancy #8, miscarriage #5, chemical pregnancy #4. I don't understand why this keeps happening to me. I did everything I know of this time to prevent a m/c except take progesterone, which the doc I was seeing said I don't need. He wouldn't give me a script for it. I did finally go out yesterday and spend 32 freakin' dollars on a bottle of OTC topical, natural progesterone cream but I only had a chance to use it once. I guess next time I'll demand the progesterone suppositories and keep hounding the doc until he gives me the script. For now, though, I wish I could just say F it! Forget about all of this but I can't. It's the curse of knowing how to chart and having had TTC for so long. I feel like I'm crazy. I mean, if someone told me they had had that many chemical pregnancies and I hadn't gone through it myself, I'd probably think she was . I can't go back to my ignorant bliss. OK, I think I'm done.

If I have a chance, I'll post a pic of all my hpts so you can see that I'm not crazy.

User Tag List