Charting to Avoid, December 2009 - Page 16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#451 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I can't go back to my ignorant bliss. OK, I think I'm done.
I am so sorry.
I hope it helps having your DH around. . .

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#452 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 10:43 AM

Thanks. My dh is no comfort. We're arguing now cuz he's mad that my ds let a friend spend the night. It's times like these when I wonder how I could've married such a stingy, cold-hearted person. This kid's parents are nuts. Sometimes they lock him out of the house so he has to sleep in his car. It's freezing outside. He doesn't have gas to keep his car running for heat. My ds has a generous and kind heart and doesn't want his friends cold and hungry and on the streets so he says they can stay here. He knows I'm ok with that. The reason he didn't ask us is because we were sleeping and I told ds not to wake me unless it was an emergency. DH thinks it's a respect and authority thing that ds should ask before doing anything. I don't think that is important. I try to have a discussion with dh about being kind and caring and compassionate and generous and all he can do is try to make me look like a hypocrit by asking how I would react to all kind of extreme hypotheticals.

For example, would I go to the homeless shelter and let someone from there come to our home to stay? Yes, actually I would, depending on the circumstances. How would I feel if he donated money to the homeless shelter so that ds' friend would have a bed there? I don't think you can buy a bed at a homeless shelter. However, if he donated a reasonable amount of money to something like that, I would feel very good about it. I donate money to LLL and Care and the ACLU and Amnesty International. It's not a lot but it's whatever I can afford. So then he has to come up with the most extreme thing he can think of. How would I feel if we got rid of ALL of our stuff so we could give more to others. Again with ridiculous, hypothetical extremes that serve no person other than to try to back me in a corner, discredit me. Funny because I think it was about a year or so ago that I told dh I thought it would be fun if we sold all of our things, bought an RV and just traveled around the country, stopping every once in a while to work long enough to get enough money to eat and get to the next place. Wouldn't that be an amazing unschooling experience for the children?

After all of that, I ask him if we can stay on the subject and not throw all these unreasonable extremes around that don't do anything to further the discussion. His response to that is to end the conversation because I've just said he's an ass. WTH?!

Now you're probably wishing you hadn't brought that up, Rara, huh?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#453 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 11:06 AM

MW:

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#454 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 11:38 AM

annie: were you saying that your temps are higher with vaginal temping (cause that's normal) or that they're higher this cycle compared to previous vaginal temping? Sorry, I get confused

MW: I'm so sorry It also sounds like your DS is a very sweet young man and is also in a no-win situation. I hope things smooth out soon for all of you.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#455 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 12:25 PM

Rara - I hope you get your today! You have nerves of steel - I would have been POAS daaaays ago............of course I am a bit of a POASaholic

MW - I am soooo sorry

AFM, my temp was only 97.5 this morning - so that makes me a little happier! I was just getting a tad bit paranoid about the whole thing really..........I have NO idea why my temp was 97.1 that first morning and then was so much higher! You can see I tried to explain the temp right after 97.1 as a sleepless night and a few drinks - which was true! but no explanation as to why the next few nights were so high..............ahhhhh - the joys of charting

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#456 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
Rara - I hope you get your today! You have nerves of steel - I would have been POAS daaaays ago............of course I am a bit of a POASaholic
I'm basically sure I must be preggo -- I just don't want to know for sure.

I quit running this month (I'd started just when I started my PPAF) -- just got busy with Christmas and all -- and I read that exercise can shorten your luteal phase -- anyone ever have that happen?
<hopelessly>

#457 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
I'm basically sure I must be preggo -- I just don't want to know for sure.

I quit running this month (I'd started just when I started my PPAF) -- just got busy with Christmas and all -- and I read that exercise can shorten your luteal phase -- anyone ever have that happen?
<hopelessly>
I think it's possible that cutting back on exercise could lengthen your LP especially if increasing your exercise can shorten your LP. If you do POAS and it's negative, I think you're in the clear.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#458 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 01:49 PM

Because I'm totally obsessed and I don't want you all to think I'm crazy, I've put pics of my hpts on my homepage. They are very fuzzy because I only have my cell phone for digital pics. I think you can see that some of them have lines. They go 12/28 to 12/31, from top to bottom. I think you will be able to see the lines on the $ Store and the line on the top Answer Early. Then you can see the lines getting lighter and/or disappearing. If you can't see them, then I guess you'll all just think I'm crazy.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#459 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 01:50 PM

MarineWife: I'm so sorry.

AFM: I *think* I just saw some EWCF at my cervix but I'm going to wait to see what happens throughout the day before I mark it down. If I do have EWCF then I have not O'd yet because it always dries up after I O.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#460 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the welcome!

Rara- I think you O'd on cd 15 or 16 and I can't see that with your BD record how you could be pregnant. Did you BD more than just the days listed?

MarineWife- I'm sorry. I can't really tell from the pictures, but I really hope that you continue to get darker BFPs!

AFM- my tmeperature is still low this morning even though I've been having O cramping and wet CM for what seems like forever now!! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#461 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 03:15 PM

Well, it's the bad pics. The lines are there. I showed 18yo ds because he was concerned about why I was so upset. He asked me if I wanted him to kick my dh's butt. At first, when he looked a them he said, "What? You're not pregnant?" Then he said, "Oh, sh!t! Some of those have 2 lines!" So, I showed him the last one from this morning with only 1 line and he got it.

Thanks, kimmie, but the lines aren't getting darker nor are they going to get darker. They have gone lighter until nothing today. I posted those pics because I don't want anyone to think I'm crazy or making this up or something. I mean, it's not normal to get pg every time you dtd and yet not have a baby. If it were someone else and not me, I'd probably think she was crazy.

#462 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Well, it's the bad pics. The lines are there. I showed 18yo ds because he was concerned about why I was so upset. He asked me if I wanted him to kick my dh's butt. At first, when he looked a them he said, "What? You're not pregnant?" Then he said, "Oh, sh!t! Some of those have 2 lines!" So, I showed him the last one from this morning with only 1 line and he got it.

Thanks, kimmie, but the lines aren't getting darker nor are they going to get darker. They have gone lighter until nothing today. I posted those pics because I don't want anyone to think I'm crazy or making this up or something. I mean, it's not normal to get pg every time you dtd and yet not have a baby. If it were someone else and not me, I'd probably think she was crazy.
Oh I see. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hadn't read the entire thread because it was just too long! I just thought you weren't sure if you were pregnant because of the tests being inconclusive.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#463 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 04:14 PM

MW - I DO see a very faint line on some of them, and then not on others........I don't know if it gets darker or lighter, because the quality is pretty bad and it makes my head hurt! But I definitely see two lines on some of them.

You are definitely NOT crazy!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#464 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 PM

MW: sending hugs your way, I hope that this baby sticks!

Throwing out all the junk in the house tomorrow, all this sugar makes me feel so grumpy. Temps are still all over the place, up and down and up and down. *shrugs* I'm just along for the ride apparently.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#465 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
MW: sending hugs your way, I hope that this baby sticks!

Throwing out all the junk in the house tomorrow, all this sugar makes me feel so grumpy. Temps are still all over the place, up and down and up and down. *shrugs* I'm just along for the ride apparently.
I am doing the same thing soon. We had MIL visit and bring us some "care packages" and there's chocolate milk (although it is organic lol), boxes of candy etc. Plus I got a Keurig for the holidays and I have been drinking more coffee than ever. Normally we eat very healthfully and I can totally tell a difference...I'm getting headaches, and tiredness, and sugar "rushes". Blech.

#466 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 05:40 PM

Wow, I'm not even sure how to begin to respond to the thread. I missed a lot.

MW I am so sorry for what you are going through. I don't think anyone here thinks you are crazy. One question though - since I've never had a chemical I don't know...if your test turns negative and you are not pregnant, shouldn't you be starting your period? Or will it take a couple days?

Rara - I, like the others, can't imagine how you could possibly be pregnant. Your O looks perfectly clear. If you are pregnant, it would be darn near a miracle. Any news today?

annie (I think it was you) - I usually have high temps that gradually start to trend down when I get CF and get closer to O.

Here is my chart.

Happy New Year everyone!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#467 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 05:41 PM

Well, my temps are still up. I think ff is right. How likely is it to get pregnant from dtd 4 days before o?

My chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/299211

Me + DH = DS (7) and DD born 10-27-11, an accidental UC!!  novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.gif 
#468 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 06:08 PM

Ajbaby: According to this link, your odds are 13%. There are studies cited at the bottom if you care to check them out.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#469 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

MW: I am so sorry!

Kimmie: I will add you. Welcome! thanks for the PM

To everyone else: sorry I've been so absent! I will start the Jan thread, and be more on top of things and look at charts and such, promise!

Ok, off to start the new thread

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#470 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 07:27 PM

MW- I'm so sorry (((HUGS))))

Day like 4 here nothing fun to report. lol

Mama to a zoo!
#471 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 07:39 PM

Thanks again, everyone.

AJ ~ When I got pg back in May it was from sex 4-5 days before my temps show O so it can definitely happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
MW I am so sorry for what you are going through. I don't think anyone here thinks you are crazy. One question though - since I've never had a chemical I don't know...if your test turns negative and you are not pregnant, shouldn't you be starting your period? Or will it take a couple days?
A chemical pg is just a very early miscarriage. Technically, it's described as a miscarriage that occurs before it can be detected on u/s so that it only shows through the chemical hcg tests, hence chemical pg. Typically, that's anytime before 6 weeks. I'm still pregnant until the embryo and corpus luteum completely dissolve and all the hcg is out of my system. That could happen very quickly or it could take a couple of days or even weeks. In the past it has always only take a couple of days for me so I expect to start over the weekend. It was due today anyway so I'm not really late yet.

#472 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 07:47 PM

MW, I definitely see lines on some of those. You are totally not crazy and I wish your doctor would get with the program and help you get past this! Are you considering calling about trying progesterone? A million hugs, I feel awful for you.

AFM: CD 13. Slight mishap in bed last night. hopefully I won't for a few more days. I have insane amounts of cf all day today, creamy. Like I want a liner to catch it all.

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#473 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 09:41 PM

MW: I am so sorry. I hope this is not another cp : if it is, there are other things that can cause them besides progesterone deficiency. According to my neurologist (yeah, not an OB but he is the one that tested me for all these things), if you have a clotting disorder it can sometimes interfere with implantation, certain types of autoimmune stuff can also do this. I hope that this baby sticks around.
#474 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 11:00 PM

Thanks for not thinking I'm crazy. Yes, it's NYE and I'm checking my email. I don't feel much like celebrating. One of Ryan's (my 18yo) friends just told me my hair looked nice. Ryan teased him about hitting on me. His friend said he thought I needed a compliment because I look sad. That was so sweet. Teenagers aren't all obnoxious, brats (even the ones who've been to jail).

Since we're not TTC I feel kind of funny about going to my doc for things like progesterone. I really want to try to just let things happen. The metformin and low dose aspirin and vitamins I can justify as stuff that I need to take anyway, not just for getting pg. I might try Vitex for a few months while dh is gone just to see if it makes any difference.

texas ~ Yeah, I have an increased risk of miscarriage because I have PCOS and a folic acid absorption issue/possible blood clotting disorder. After my 3rd chem pg, I had a ton of blood tests done and we found out I have a double mutation on my MTHFR gene. That gene is responsible for folic acid absorption so a mutation can interfere with the body's ability to do that, which could, theoretically, result in m/c. I take prescription folic acid/b6/b12 vitamin that has 4 mg of folic acid on top of a prenatal vitamin with 1 mg folic. That's 5000 mcg, a huge dose compared to the 800 mcg recommended for women. There's also the possibility that that mutation can cause blood clotting problems so I take low dose aspirin, too. And, of course, the metformin for insulin resistance associated with PCOS is supposed to reduce the risk from that. It's just so strange to think that I get pg every time we dtd unprotected during my fertile. I've had more miscarriages/chemical pregnancies than live births.

I'm sorry, everyone. I'm a total bummer and it's NYE. I hope the rest of you are having a good time.

#475 of 476 Old 12-31-2009, 11:41 PM

BFN
Sorry for freaking out.

#476 of 476 Old 01-01-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
BFN
Sorry for freaking out.

YAY! I'm sooooo happy for you I've been checking back all day looking for an update!

I was going to ask you - do you know what your LP was before getting pregnant? I bet it is just PP hormones evening out...............that is why I was SO surprised my first PP had a 15 day LP

MW -

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page