Charting to Avoid, December 2009 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 476 Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pogo- Pretty sure its 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep in order to temp. You can just take it whenever you get a stretch that long. Mine gets thrown off all the time from forgetting to stick the thermometer in my mouth before changing a diaper!

WWC- I always feel worse exercising during AF. I didn't have a car for years and had a 26 mile commute on bike to look forward to and the cramps would get soooo bad.

AFM: Thinking I may have O'ed. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ae2b8 I discarded my high temps for now- I made sure to get an accurate read today and it was 4/10ths higher than my usual. Guess I'll see if I actually did in 2 weeks! I want my cycle back just so I can know what's going on!

Minimalist-living mama on an urban ecovillage with DH and DS- Jack (9/18/09)
#242 of 476 Old 12-16-2009, 08:42 PM

If I can push past the pain to *start* exercising, then yes it makes me feel better. I think it's the endorphins and also just stretching out all the muscles that are cramping and clamping down. However, often when I'm in pain and uncomfortable like that, it's impossible to get the motivation to start the workout.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#243 of 476 Old 12-16-2009, 09:20 PM

i have to take ibuprofen before i work out or it hurts. i also just feel worse in general, slow, sluggish, weak. exercising does not make me feel better. i do it anyway.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#244 of 476 Old 12-16-2009, 09:56 PM

Because of my general breathing problems I went ahead and switched to vaginal temping this cycle. Of course now it's hard for me to interpret what's going on since my temps are much different. Hopefully it will all become clear as I O.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/299dd4

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#245 of 476 Old 12-16-2009, 11:25 PM

Well, 12dpo and still nothing............ugh, if I would have known I would be stressing about getting knocked up every few years for the next 20 years I would have NEVER gotten married!!!!!

The only thing that is strange to me is the lack of ANYTHING going on. I don't really feel like I am about to expect AND I don't feel remotely knocked up either.
The only reason this does not waylay my fears at all is because I have NO idea how I am SOUPOSED to feel at 12dpo PLUS I have a cold, so I haven't even been temping.

I have decided that I am pretty sure my boobs usually hurt by now though...........who knows?? It's not like I have had alot of in the last several years

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#246 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 02:08 AM

My temps have been all over the place this cycle (well it *is* -40c out...) so I'm having a hard time relying on them... FF is putting o at day 9, because i had one day of sticky cf. However now I'm on day 16, and today was my third day of increasing creamy cf, and today was like... an immense amount. I know that if it comes after any more fertile fluid you consider it unfertile, but this is just nuts! I've never noticed myself to really dry up post up, but I've never noticed this much cf either.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#247 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 09:02 AM

annie ~ Maybe tomorrow.

jj ~ I'm not sure I'm tracking. Have you had any watery or ewcf yet? Creamy CF before your peak day is considered fertile (could even be your peak CF). Any CF other than your BIP after watery or ew with no thermal shift is considered still potentially fertile. Only if you get 4 consecutive days of clear CF dry up (your BIP of either dry or sticky) can you consider yourself safe for that 4th day. You still need to check CF every day and act accordingly until you get a clear and sustained thermal shift. CD9 is very early to O. Just based on that, I'd assume it's incorrect.

AFM, my dh is going to seriously mess up my temping. My 2yo wakes at 4 am to nurse. I'm used to that. I try to get him to go back to sleep without nursing but if it takes any effort I just let him nurse. Problem is that dh's alarm goes off at 5 am and I have to kick him to turn it off and get up. Then he's walking all over the house, in and out of the bedroom and in and out of the house, keeping me awake when I'm supposed to temp at 6 am. I got my temp this am at 5:55 am but I don't know how accurate it is. I maybe got 30-45 minutes of sleep between 4 and 5 but I don't think I really fell back to sleep at all after 5.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#248 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 09:52 AM

MW.... that's kind of annoying about dh! Can't he get his clothes out of the bedroom the night before? Although mine does that and I still end up getting up to go to the bathroom or something anyway. That's why I just gave up and I temp at 5 when his alarm goes off.

my chart, cd 26

I had a nice triphasic looking thing going on but this morning my temp dropped a little. Which is good because I am pretty sure it is physically impossible that I'm pregnant. Just in case, I spent an hour shopping for a new car with third row seats at work yesterday.

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#249 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinams8 View Post
MW.... that's kind of annoying about dh! Can't he get his clothes out of the bedroom the night before? Although mine does that and I still end up getting up to go to the bathroom or something anyway. That's why I just gave up and I temp at 5 when his alarm goes off.

my chart, cd 26

I had a nice triphasic looking thing going on but this morning my temp dropped a little. Which is good because I am pretty sure it is physically impossible that I'm pregnant. Just in case, I spent an hour shopping for a new car with third row seats at work yesterday.
Actually, he does keep his clothes somewhere but he always seems to forget something in the bedroom. He is quiet but I'm a very light sleeper. The slightest noise or bit of light wakes me up. I would just temp at 5 am except that I'm right in the middle of my cycle when I expect to O within about a week so I need my temps to be consistent right now. Then next cycle he'll be gone again so it'll be irrelevant.

Even with the temp drop today, your temps could still be considered triphasic. By the way, if you plan on ever driving more than 2 adults and 2 kids in car seats, don't bother with anything smaller than a minivan or full-sized SUV. The smaller crossover SUVs with the 3rd row of folding seats do not work if you've got car seats in the middle row.

I had a Subaru Tribeca with the 3rd row of seats to haul me, dh teenage ds, 3yo ds and newborn baby. I researched and researched and the Tribeca had the widest back seating area (except for maybe the Honda Pilot). We could not all fit in. My oldest ds was smooshed in the 2nd row with 2 car seats and had to climb through the back/trunk to get to a 3rd row seat. Forget about it if he wanted to give any of his friends a ride anywhere. It was a complete pain in the butt. Also, when the 3rd row seats were up there was virtually no trunk space. Very disappointing. I finally got myself a minivan, which dh was very angry about. He didn't talk to me for 3 days right before he was deploying. I hated the idea of a minivan but I have to say it is so much easier even with just the 2 LOs.

#250 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
The slightest noise or bit of light wakes me up. I would just temp at 5 am except that I'm right in the middle of my cycle when I expect to O within about a week so I need my temps to be consistent right now. Then next cycle he'll be gone again so it'll be irrelevant.
Yeah, I'm the same way. everything wakes me up! Oh, and I forgot he's not around so much, that's different. I wouldn't mind either. It reminded me of xh who thought since I was a sahm I didn't deserve to sleep in quiet!

no, I declare it not triphasic!! I swear if I am pregnant it is going to be a Christmas miracle, because there is no way!

I read all about the third-row issues yesterday! what a pain! I had a Honda Odyssey when the kids were little, and it was so convenient! the remote doors especially...then when I got divorced and went back to work I traded it in for a commute-friendlier Civic. I love it and it would be really hard to go back to a minivan. I never would have guessed it but it's plenty big (for now) and they are still in big 5 point harnesses even because they love their Graco Nautiluses so much. If I have a third they will need to learn to use the seatbelts and boosters.

The one I picked was the Saturn Outlook. There is no way in reality that any of this is happening, of course.

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#251 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:

no, I declare it not triphasic!! I swear if I am pregnant it is going to be a Christmas miracle, because there is no way!

I would LOVE a Christmas miracle, however, with the significant temp drop I had today I'm pretty sure AF is on the way.
I really am TTA, I'm just way past ready to be pregnant again and it's sad every month when AF shows up yet again.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#252 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 12:08 PM

Good Morning Ladies! Welcome back to that very special time in Annie's cycle where she entertains the crazy idea that she may be pregnant! Yes, we all know she does this every cycle but maybe we can just humor her one more time? She promises not to do it next cycle!

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#253 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 12:13 PM

hmmmm...maybe we should change the name of this thread to "Pretending to Avoid."

I think the concept of a Christmas surprise is just too much fun!!

Tina

#254 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
hmmmm...maybe we should change the name of this thread to "Pretending to Avoid."

I think the concept of a Christmas surprise is just too much fun!!
IF, and that's a HUGE "IF", I were preggo, I would find out right before Christmas. It would be a pretty good present for me but I don't think DH would be very happy about it!

Oh and I'm not pretending that I don't want to avoid...DH knows very much that I want a baby. I told him the other day that he can either get me a kitten or a human for christmas...his choice!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#255 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
InMediasRes, Pogo0685, and TandK: Welcome! Do you want me to add you to the list? Just please tell my how long you have been charting from; if you did any a while ago, let me know that, too (like if you are just starting charting this month, but you did for 9 months before you got pregnant). I'm the "moderator" for this particular thread.

InMediasRes: your name means "in the middle of things," in Latin right?
"In the middle of things" indeed.

We CTA from 2004-2006 using creighton model, and used LAM/Creighton from March 2007-July 2008. We will be charting until July 2011 (gosh, that sounds like forever when I put it on paper), although we added backup this time until my cycle returns. I think I will be switching to a sympto-thermal method when I start ENFP again to be safe. Last time was a freakin' miracle baby. There was no way we could have avoided it.

Thanks! (I'm actually on the list as Sactomommy. I changed my user name a little while back.)
#256 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I've been wondering if there was anyone on here who actually wants to be TTA.

Annie ~ Without knowing when you dtd there's no way for me to tell anything pg wise from your chart. I guess I can say that you did O so there's always a possibility your pg.

#257 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I've been wondering if there was anyone on here who actually wants to be TTA.

Annie ~ Without knowing when you dtd there's no way for me to tell anything pg wise from your chart. I guess I can say that you did O so there's always a possibility your pg.
I'm sure there must be some of us who actually want to TTA. But they are probably the ones that are never on here because they are doing other things than lurking on the TTC and DDC boards!

We DTD on CD 11, 14 and 15. All those times were using W/D. CD 11 was twice that day. Very slim chance that I would actually be preggo simply because DH is VERY good at W/D.

#258 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
We DTD on CD 11, 14 and 15. All those times were using W/D. CD 11 was twice that day. Very slim chance that I would actually be preggo simply because DH is VERY good at W/D.
Well, you know, the typical user failure for w/d is 19%. I'll give your dh a few extra points for being good at so I'll say 10-15% chance of failure.

#259 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
DH is VERY good at W/D.
What a funny thing to be so talented at! You should be really proud. If he only knew we were talking about his skills!

Tina

#260 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Oh you all make me laugh! I was actually thinking that we should change the name to "Charting Ambivalently" or something like that!

InMediasRes: I"ll change your name on the front page

Well, glad I'm not the only one who isn't too keen on exercising during AF, though I still do it. And I don't know if it is the gloomy weather, or AF, but I've been more tired than normal.

I told DH that part of the reason I want to have kids now is that it would help my business! lol I'm a doula. Actually, it wouldn't....we've agreed I won't do doula work once we have babies, except very very intermittently, but it's hard to get much legitimacy without having had babies. Plus I could expand into childbirth education; and be a LLL leader so that I can then be a lactation consultant... Practical reasons, right?

Hoping AF leaves soon. It's only been 3 days, but I'm ready to get going with this cycle! And I admit that I'm already thinking that if if I actually Ovulated like a normal woman, that would be around New Year's, and our cross country skiing trip. I'm hopeless.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#261 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 04:42 PM

WWC ~ Have you read The Infertility Cure? I was just reading about it on another post. It comes highly recommended for hormonal issues. Apparently, it has great info on using herbs to regulate cycles, strengthen O and all that stuff. If I don't get pg this month, I'm going to get it.

#262 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
What a funny thing to be so talented at! You should be really proud. If he only knew we were talking about his skills!
He would probably be proud! He's a very funny guy. I think he's so talented at it because he REALLY does not want a child any time soon.

#263 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 05:05 PM

Hello ladies, I'm officially joining! I just read through all of this month's posts and decided I'm joining. Here's my story, I'll try to make it quick.

Got 1st AF at 14, was NEVER regular (cycles between 18 & 98 days...), went on BCP at 17, stayed on it until I got pg with DS1 (didn't miss a pill, wasn't on antibiotics. Oh well!). I nursed DS1, and was on the mini-pill until he turned 1, then went back on regular BCP. He weaned after that, I stayed on BCP until he was about 21 months. Got my last "period" on the BCP, stopped taking it, immediately getting pregnant. 1st month trying. Didn't really pay attention to my body, other than knowing for sure I was pregnant.

This time, I didn't go on BC at all, knowing we'd have a 3rd, DH and I agreeing if it happened, we'd be happy. DS2 is now 17 months and nursing anywhere between 1-3 times a day/night. About 6 weeks ago (I posted a ? at the time), I noticed my sex drive was quite high, and had EWCF. I looked it up and noticed that meant I could be fertile (and hadn't gotten PPAF back yet), so I started temping and charting CF on FF. After two days of upper 97 temps, it went down to 96.9, and I got AF.

So I continued temping, and I'm at CD27, with 11 days of EWCF, temps kind of erratic (my sleep isn't always great), and having NO IDEA what to expect!

I'm technically CTA, although, like many of you, if it happens, we'd be happy. Originally this is the month I wanted to start TTC, but now I think maybe I'd like to wait until springtime to try.... but the only thing we're doing during my forever-long fertile window is W/D. So obviously we're trying really hard. Ha!

Anyway... can't wait to learn great things from you ladies!

Oh... and how do I link to my chart??

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#264 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 05:32 PM

Ok what you ladies think... ignore all the stuff on the bottom the "symptoms" or whatever... i haven't paid the best attention... but what you thinking? Most pregnant charts I've seen they steadily climb.... ? Or am I mistaken?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c0fa4

Mama to a zoo!
#265 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 08:03 PM

DH now claims he never agreed to start TTC in January -- he wants no more children, period. I'm almost ready to tell him to go get his V. Being jerked around emotionally between "we'll be TTC soon" and "no more kids ever" hurts almost as much as the thought of never having another child.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#266 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
DH now claims he never agreed to start TTC in January -- he wants no more children, period. I'm almost ready to tell him to go get his V. Being jerked around emotionally between "we'll be TTC soon" and "no more kids ever" hurts almost as much as the thought of never having another child.
HUGS...

Not sure what else to say other than that stinks I hope he comes around soon.

Mama to a zoo!
#267 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 08:11 PM

Eresh I am sorry, my dh is like that also, and it sucks.

Ok so I will join now, I was charting before I got pregnant for 4 months, and now im going to again. I still need to join FF so that I can do it online and show it to you all so that I can get input because as I said before I really messed it up because I have a 10 month old, I love him and it was only 3-4ish months before we planned to TTC but still my wedding dress ALMOST didn't fit! When I do get my chart set up how do I link to it?
#268 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
I'm sorry, Eresh.

#269 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
jj ~ I'm not sure I'm tracking. Have you had any watery or ewcf yet? Creamy CF before your peak day is considered fertile (could even be your peak CF). Any CF other than your BIP after watery or ew with no thermal shift is considered still potentially fertile. Only if you get 4 consecutive days of clear CF dry up (your BIP of either dry or sticky) can you consider yourself safe for that 4th day. You still need to check CF every day and act accordingly until you get a clear and sustained thermal shift. CD9 is very early to O. Just based on that, I'd assume it's incorrect.
I had one day of watery, the day ff says I o'ed, and then off and on days of sticky, dry, sticky, dry... and then now I've had copious amounts of creamy. So technically-- yes I had more fertile CF before the creamy, but only one day, and early on.

My temp *is* slowly climbing, but there's no definate shift, which is kind of annoying! I would wonder if I just didn't ovulate this month, but I felt very strong o pains. Tomorrow morning will be my last 'normal' day to have a definate temp shift (within my normal range anyways...) so if it doesn't happen tomorrow, then I just don't know.

#270 of 476 Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
I had one day of watery, the day ff says I o'ed, and then off and on days of sticky, dry, sticky, dry... and then now I've had copious amounts of creamy. So technically-- yes I had more fertile CF before the creamy, but only one day, and early on.
Do you have a chart link? According to when FF says you Oed, how many dpo are you? Getting more fertile seeming CF mid-lp is normal and not a sign of being fertile. It's associated with the mid-lp estrogen surge. So, it may be that you did O when FF says and are just experiencing wetter CF due to that mid-lp estrogen surge.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page