HELP!!! condom slipped off, any alternative to plan B? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-04-2009, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dtd late last night and the condom slipped off inside me! Are there any alternatives to the Plan B pill? AF started 2 days earlier than expected so, if I still O on cd14 as usual, I'm due to O on Sunday. Are there any alternatives to Plan B to delay O or jump start AF? I know evening primrose oil can delay O in some, I also know Vit C is also sometimes used to help with an "oops," and there's also black & blue cohosh... but I don't know the details on these, how effective they are, how much I need to take, what it will do, etc. I will take Plan B if necessary but I want to look into other options first as I'm still fixing problems that the birth control pill caused. Granted I don't have very much ewcm ever (thanks BC pill, ugh), but I'm still worried. I obviously don't have much time so I'm getting the Plan B in the morning if I don't find any good alternatives that I can feel confident enough in.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#2 of 3 Old 12-05-2009, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd be worried. You're within that fertile window, I'd say. Did he finish?
I'd probably do plan B. Also, if you have any birth control pills left over that aren't expired, you can take several of those.
Here, this chart shows the number to take, depending on which brand you use: http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/dose.html
I hate hormonal birth control too, but a few more days of it is better than an unplanned pregnancy.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#3 of 3 Old 12-06-2009, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went ahead and got Plan B. Went out last night and was gone when I was supposed to take the second dose (stayed out later than planed otherwise I would have brought it with me). So I took it 14 hours later, not 12. Hoping that doesn't make a difference. I have continued with mega doses of vit C and evening primrose oil just in case - I almost always O on cd14 but O'd on cd13 once, and yesterday when I took plan B was cd13. My temps this morning were very high but I wasn't able to fall asleep until almost 7am and my normal temp time is 8am, so I ended up temping around 10am I think. Anyone know how many days it delays O by on average?

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page