Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, JAN 2010 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to say that I'm so glad to be a part of this thread, and I really like getting to "know" some of you really well!

Sorry, this is a long post, but I really need to get this out...

I keep being torn between not wanting to chart any more at all, and wanting desperately to know what is going on with my body, and if my little tweaks with food and herbs are making any difference whatsoever! I just get so stressed and so fed up with my body that I sometimes I wish I could go back to blissfull naievete (sp?), even though I really do like knowing my body's inner workings.

I did some more Internet research today, and I most certainly do not have thryoid problems, even though my chart looks like it could be a hypothyroid chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407

I am still wondering about the PCOS, though...the dr. said there was no way, but she didn't look at my charts at all, and I was arguning thryoid at that point, not PCOS, so I didn't push it. All they tested for was my insulin resistance. Which is fantastic, actually; healthy as a horse except for my ovaries! But I was checking out more on that Soul Cysters website, and I seem to have a lot of the same signs of PCOS as the other thin women on that site. I'm 5' 6" and weigh approximately 134#, a great deal of which is muscle. I'm not just saying that to make myself feel better, it truly is!

But I still have the crazy irregular cycles, and my body tries so. very. hard. to ovulate, which can be indicative of a ratio imablance between LH and FSH, characteristic of PCOS. We move in 2 (oh my God, TWO) weeks, so I"ll press it more with the new dr. I'll have in Florida. And we'll be in Clearwater outside of Tampa, so I'm sure there are some good reproductive endocrinologists I can go see. I'll keep taking the Maca in the meantime. But truly...I am beginning to feel like this issue runs a bit deeper than a slight estorgen imbalance.

The weird thing being that I had relatively regular cycles (35 days or so) through high school, and then they were quite regular at 30 days by the time I turned 19. Is it possible to develop PCOS later in life? I haven't had a normal, non-BCP cycle since Jan. 2007 (when I was 19; I'll be 23 in April). Any ideas?

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#302 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 12:26 AM

MW- I was starting to get worried because in the recent past, I only remembered feeling o pain on my left pain, but this month it finally switched to wright. I feel a lot better now, but it took I think four months before it switched sides.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#303 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 12:49 AM

Emily ~ I know how you feel. I wish I could go back to those days when I was ignorant to all of this. I think it would make things so much simpler for me. On the PCOS thing, my RE told me he did not think I had PCOS. He said he would be very surprised if anything of the testing showed that I had it. This was after I developed OHSS from my 2nd IVF cycle. That's what prompted me to ask about PCOS. Anyway, my initial 3 hour GITT came up as borderline. My #s were all within normal but the first 2 were right on the upper limit. The 3rd was normal. My RE decided I could be borderline insulin resistant and put me on metformin. I got pg with ds2 almost exactly 3 months after starting that, which is how long they say it takes for full effect. Coincidence? I don't know. I didn't have any cysts at that point and I was not overweight at all. I worked out hard then, weightlifting, even did a bodybuilding competition where I came in 3rd for my weight class. I am 5 feet even and I weighed 112-115 with only 11-12% bodyfat, which is very low for a woman, definitely mostly muscle. Now I weigh about 132 with about 32% bodyfat. That's high for me but still not really heavy or big. I still wear a size 6-8. This is the biggest I've ever been. Since my initial diagnosis I have been evaluated by 2 other docs (I kept fighting the diagnosis, refusing to believe it) and they both came to the same conclusion. I do have PCOS. The last time I had an u/s to check I did have the classic string-of-pearls cysts on both my ovaries.

I think it's very possible to develop it later in life. It's not something you are necessarily born with. It's something that develops over time because of hormone imbalances or eating/lifestyle habits or using hormonal BC or maybe other things. No one really knows what causes it so no one can say for sure that you don't have it because you aren't IR or you don't have the cysts. If you have 2-3 of the symptoms, you could definitely be diagnosed with it by a doctor who's knowledgeable and experienced about PCOS.

Personally, I think the first thing you should do is try to get some fat on you. Low bodyfat can have just as negative an impact on fertility/cycles and high bodyfat. The optimal bodyfat % for a woman for fertility is around 20%. If you get yourself up to that and are still having problems, then maybe you should get re-evaluated for PCOS depending on your symptoms. I know you've chosen maca for now to see how it affects your cycles but that website I found recommends vitex for PCOS. If the maca doesn't seem to help, maybe you could try that. That website does not say it's bad while pg, either.

jj ~ Thanks for that. I know you don't have to have O switch from one side to the next every cycle. I'm sure different things effect how the ovaries work. It probably matters more which egg matures soonest rather than which side it's on.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#304 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 09:27 AM

My chart

I'm panicking. Look at the difference between last month and this month at the end of each cycle.

I took my temp about an hour after waking today to see if it would be higher or lower and it had gone down by about .2 degrees. Interesting. I thought moving around would make your temp go up. Maybe it has to do with how cold my house is.

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#305 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 12:21 PM

Tina - have you had any potential "oops" days this month? How long is your LP usually?

AFM - Adjusted O day to cycle day 20, so I am currently 9 DPO.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#306 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinams8 View Post
My chart

I'm panicking. Look at the difference between last month and this month at the end of each cycle.

I took my temp about an hour after waking today to see if it would be higher or lower and it had gone down by about .2 degrees. Interesting. I thought moving around would make your temp go up. Maybe it has to do with how cold my house is.
You're only 1 day past your LP from last cycle. I see you already took a hpt and it was negative. That's a good sign, although this early it still could be a false negative. Any unprotected sex from cd10-16? My temp always goes down after I get up and move around.

AFM, my temp for today is pretty much fake, I guess. I woke at 6:20 so I took my temp even though so far this cycle my more usual temp time has been 7:15-7:45. It was 97.3. I got up to pee and went back to bed but didn't fall back to sleep. I still took my temp again at 7:07 but it was lower than the 6:20, 97.2. I did eventually fall back to sleep and woke again at 8:20 so I took my temp again just to see. It was 97.5. I decided to adjust the 6:20 and 8:20 temps to get a reasonable guess for a 7:20 temp since those were taken after I had actually been asleep for a while. I wouldn't be so concerned about it except that I really think I'm going to O at a "normal" time this cycle. I've had tons of EWCF for the past 2 days and my CP was HSO yesterday. Plus, my sex drive has been up. (Where is that darn DH when you need him?! ) I would really like to absolutely confirm a normal cycle.

I'm probably getting way ahead of myself but I'm getting excited that my cycles might becoming normal. My last 2 cycles in November and December had relatively early Os, I think around cd16 or 18. This cycle I'm on cd14 so far.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#307 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I'm getting excited that my cycles might becoming normal. My last 2 cycles in November and December had relatively early Os, I think around cd16 or 18. This cycle I'm on cd14 so far.
MW- That is really exciting!!! I hope your normalness continues! Too bad about dh missing it.

We had a withdrawl *problem* a day or two before O. Hence the panic. I am feeling a little less freaked than I was this morning but still no .

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#308 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 01:09 PM

tina - my temp actually goes down as well. I have been having some sleepless nights due to sick kids. Yesterday's temp I took at 4:30 and it was 98.6. I was up alot of the time until 6 (my normal time) and it was 98.3.

It's not a huge deal since I already - but its kind of nice to know because I always thought it would make your temp go up as well.

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#309 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 01:16 PM

CD 62! I am FINALLY, FOR REAL waiting on AF!

My Chart

I keep a written chart and on that one my O date is CD 55 with a CL at 97.1. I was being conservative because I didn't temp at all on cd 49 and 50, and my temp could have been as high at 97.0 given my pattern at the time. I've had a clear thermal shift. Glad I didn't listen to FF the other two times it said I had O'ed!

I'm still not sure about my CM. It's about the same as what I thought had been creamy the whole time... but since I'm still having it, maybe it's what sticky will turn out to be for me. DP and I are not planning on going unprotected. Still not totally confident since this is still my first cycle charting.

~Amanda~ crunchy, foodie SAHM to DD 8/14/08
#310 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinams8 View Post
My chart

For what it's worth -- I bet that HPT on TH would have shown any preggo hormones.
Plus panic raises the tmeperature.
The mornig before I got my AF last I was FREAKING all night long and my temp was a WHOLE degree higher than usual.

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#311 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
For what it's worth -- I bet that HPT on TH would have shown any preggo hormones.
Plus panic raises the tmeperature.
The mornig before I got my AF last I was FREAKING all night long and my temp was a WHOLE degree higher than usual.
I didn't start panicking until I saw that temperature! Then I was wide awake! With my last two pregnancies I didn't get a bfp until I was two days late and had tons of symptoms already, so I'm not too sure the bfn means much yet. I've been using dollar tree tests. I'm going to try not to test tomorrow just because I have to work and I will not be able to function if it's positive. If still no af by Saturday am I will test again, maybe with a different kind.

Tina

#312 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 06:15 PM

tina ~ FWIW, FF did a study on the most likely time for anyone to expect a first BFP. I think the study showed it was 13-14dpo. I still think you are only 12dpo so you still have a day or two before you can expect a BFP and not a false negative. That being said, from my experience with $ Store hpts, I'd be very surprised if you didn't get a BFP with FMU today if you are pg.

#313 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 06:20 PM

Just stopping in to say hi! I kind of miss posting on here daily, lol. I'm not really charting hardcore anymore, since I don't have to. I have to say, the instensive charting for months really got me in touch with my cycle, and after really paying attention, I can feel when I'm gearing up to O, and have been pretty much accurate without temping. For the first time in my life, I've been having predictable periods! How exciting is that! It would have made CTA much easier back in the day. But I have to say, even with the accuracy of charting, I'm really really glad that DH is snipped. Because even with all the temping and such, I worried every cycle (that's just how I am). I like not having to worry.

Anyways, glad this group is here, because boy you can learn alot. Just wanted to say hey to all the members who've helped me out here!

signature currently in transition
#314 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 07:18 PM

Teeny

WWC, how long has it been since your last BCP? I'm sure it's entirely possible to develop PCOS, but on the other hand I just wanted to let you know that it took me a year and a half to even back out again after I was on birth control, and I was only on it for a year. My personal theory is that hormonal BC have the possibility of seriously screwing up cycles for some of us for a WHILE. I was regular (34ish day cycles) all through high school and until I went on BC and I have been pretty much regular since my cycles came back PP, but between BC and getting pregnant I had 1.5 years of WTH!?? Just like your cycles have been. So I don't really know what to say but it might NOT be PCOS or something like that, it just might be your body recovering. I hope you get back to normal soon!

I got another 97.8 temp today. My chart. MW, I think I might be able to get on board with your interpretation, studying my chart a little more today. The temp on CD 19 was late (FF switched open and closed circles again now) so it could be lower, and the couple temps after that could be screwed up from illness. So maybe CD 23 and 24 have the significant temps and a coverline of around 97.4 or so, which goes along with what my coverline usually is. I guess it'll be interesting to see when AF shows up...

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#315 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 07:44 PM

to teeny, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
WWC, how long has it been since your last BCP? I'm sure it's entirely possible to develop PCOS, but on the other hand I just wanted to let you know that it took me a year and a half to even back out again after I was on birth control, and I was only on it for a year. My personal theory is that hormonal BC have the possibility of seriously screwing up cycles for some of us for a WHILE. I was regular (34ish day cycles) all through high school and until I went on BC and I have been pretty much regular since my cycles came back PP, but between BC and getting pregnant I had 1.5 years of WTH!?? Just like your cycles have been. So I don't really know what to say but it might NOT be PCOS or something like that, it just might be your body recovering. I hope you get back to normal soon!
This is true, too. It took my body 2 years or so to start cycling on it's own after I had the Norplant removed. I still wasn't anywhere near regular but at least I was Oing and getting without having to take progesterone every 3 months. Personally, I think it was the Norplant that caused my PCOS but that doesn't mean that all hormonal bc would do that to everyone else. Now that I've had a couple of babies, it seems my body might be resetting itself and becoming more regular.

Quote:
I got another 97.8 temp today. My chart. MW, I think I might be able to get on board with your interpretation, studying my chart a little more today. The temp on CD 19 was late (FF switched open and closed circles again now) so it could be lower, and the couple temps after that could be screwed up from illness. So maybe CD 23 and 24 have the significant temps and a coverline of around 97.4 or so, which goes along with what my coverline usually is. I guess it'll be interesting to see when AF shows up...
Can't any of us get a nice, easily interpretable chart?

#316 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone, for your encouragement! I went off BCP in April 2009, after being on them for just a year. But my cycles were whacky for a year before that (though beginning to shorten to 40 days) so I'm sure the BCP didn't help anything! The good thing is that I really am healthier now than I was even 6 mos. ago, and my recalcitrant reproductive system has been my motivating factor!

I actually think that I am possibly getting ready to O soon...my CF the past 3 days has been noticeabely different than the 10 days before that!

How much does sleeping with your DH vs. not sleeping with him affect your temps? DH was gone last night and will be gone the next two nights as well, so I'm jsut curious.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#317 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 10:10 PM

Hmmm ... good question about sleeping with DH and temps. I've been thinking maybe I should make a custom checkbox for when DS crawls into bed with me since that really does affect my sleep patterns and maybe my temp.

This cycle seems to be continuing the trend. I've definitely gotten more CF this cycle than last cycle. Maybe I'll actually get EWCF! I know you guys have said that some women don't get EWCF but I know I used to get it, so it bugs me that I have gotten little to none since getting the Mirena out.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#318 of 610 Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
How much does sleeping with your DH vs. not sleeping with him affect your temps? DH was gone last night and will be gone the next two nights as well, so I'm jsut curious.
I have a lot of experience with my dh coming and going. Except for him waking me earlier because of his alarm, I haven't noticed any difference in my temps.

#319 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 12:46 AM

Ok - soooooo.............I took out all of my made up CM interpretations because I remember FF made my O day CD 16 without them.......

Between all of the sickness and up all nights that was going on right around O - is there any way I will be able to tell? Or is it pretty obvious that I O'd on CD20?

Ugh - I hate this cycle..............hopefully I live to see another cycle!

oh yeah;

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26af7e

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#320 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 AM

annie ~ I vote for cd20. It could've been before then but I think it's definite after then.

Here's my prediction for me. I think I Oed today. I had tons of EWCF the past 2 days but less today. Yesterday my CP was HSO and today it was MSO. Also, I had very obvious O pain yesterday and the day before with cramping yesterday and today but no O pain today. Hopefully, my temp will rise in the next 3 days.

#321 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 10:43 AM

Annie - I vote for CD20, but honestly it really is one of those hindsight things...

MW: Crossing my fingers that you Oed! Hopefully the temp rise starts soon.

AFM: I have a nice mountain going, I've also been experiencing what feels like round ligament pain for the past 2.5 days.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#322 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM

Good morning ladies!

I'm still here. Ds2 and 3 have croup so I've been totally sleep deprived and unmotivated to post anything.

Nothing exciting going on with my chart. is still visiting. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681

Back to the daily grind.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#323 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 01:34 PM

Cass ~ That chart looks interesting. Tell me again, the Xs are unprotected sex and the AM is protected?

Kim ~ Hope your kids feel better soon. My 18yo was just sick with something and my 2yo woke up coughing this morning. Then everyone went back to sleep and didn't wake up until 11:30! I missed the first park day with my new homeschool group.

AFM, no temp rise this morning but I feel even more like I must've Oed yesterday. I woke up to stronger cramps and no CF at all. Either I Oed or my body has gone back to it's old ways of tricking me into thinking I might O at a reasonable time and then not.

#324 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 01:39 PM

MW: You are correct... those X's were not protected. The one on CD 21 was early in the day. I didn't think the odds of conception based on dtd after O were that great though (granted at the time we were just tired of waffling between did I O or did I not O and just went with it...)

#325 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
MW: You are correct... those X's were not protected. The one on CD 21 was early in the day. I didn't think the odds of conception based on dtd after O were that great though (granted at the time we were just tired of waffling between did I O or did I not O and just went with it...)
I hate to say it because it seems we've had a lot of scares lately, but I'd be so poas with unprotected sex then and those temps.

#326 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 02:26 PM

annie, CD 20 looks fairly clear to me. But I guess you'll find out soon.

lyterae, are you going to test? You could certainly have caught the egg on CD 21.

AFM, SIGH!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#327 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:

lyterae, are you going to test? You could certainly have caught the egg on CD 21.
I'm probably going to try and pick up some $ tests tonight, I already talked to DH about the possibility that we're expecting again. Surpisingly (at least to me) he's okay with it, he told me that if it's Gods timing it will happen and it will be fine.

#328 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
AFM, SIGH!

#329 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
AFM, SIGH!
BFS: totally wierd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
AFM, no temp rise this morning but I feel even more like I must've Oed yesterday. I woke up to stronger cramps and no CF at all. Either I Oed or my body has gone back to it's old ways of tricking me into thinking I might O at a reasonable time and then not.
MW: We might be cycle twins again this month -- although I was really expecting to be late because all how exhausted I've been with sick kids up all night with earaches and all, so I was surprised when my temp jumped right when it was expected. . . I was an hour late with temping, though. Definitely less CF and cramps yesterday. . .

My gut feeling is that I didn't O though. . .
My Ovulation Chart

BTW, FF gave me a free VIP preview which ends. . . tomorrow. I think they pick a dull part of your cycle on purpose -- I need all these bells and whistles when I'm obsessing CDs 27-29!

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#330 of 610 Old 01-15-2010, 03:30 PM

i hear the Jaw music playing in my head when i start getting watery CM and my cervix position is low.

anyone else?

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page