Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, JAN 2010 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-17-2010, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
I wonder why so many cycles are not-as-expected this month -- I just got a big patch of eggwhite yesterday too, and my temps are high. . er but not high enough to convince me all the way. I think I probably did somewhere in there, but I am waiting for more confirmation.
My Ovulation Chart
I would put your O at possibly CD 13 or 14, except that you still have fertile fluid after that time. Hmmm Hope you get a definitive answer soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
That's the boring part of the cycle isn't it? just left yesterday and I didn't really post much during that time. There's just nothing to analyze/report on.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
I wonder why so many cycles are not-as-expected this month -- I just got a big patch of eggwhite yesterday too, and my temps are high. . er but not high enough to convince me all the way. I think I probably did somewhere in there, but I am waiting for more confirmation.
My Ovulation Chart
I don't see O on there yet, especially with all those missing temps. At this point, I think your CL should be at least 97.0 but I'd most likely put it at 97.2 just to be safe. If I remember correctly, TCOYF says it's really not a good idea to try to confirm O with missing temps. You really need 6 consecutive pre-O temps to confidently confirm O.

My temp may have gone up slightly again this am. First, I woke at 7:05, 10 minutes before my usual waking range, and my temp was 97.5, same as yesterday. I went back to sleep and woke again at 7:44, just inside my usual waking range, so I took my temp again. That time it was 97.6.

Last night was a bad night. 2yo ds has a cough and stuffy nose and kept me up until at least 4 am with that. He kept trying to breathe through his nose but couldn't and then would snort and cough and eventually breathe through his mouth. I actually got scared a few times wondering if he'd breathe at all. How many times do you try to breathe through your nose before realizing it just isn't going to happen? I thought it would be an automatic response for your body to breathe through your mouth continuously but I guess not. So, I'm not sure either of those temps are any good. I should probably use the first one but I think I'll use the 2nd one because I like it better.

On another note, everyone is mad at me this morning. I woke up and went on a rampage because the house is completely trashed. I've been cleaning it over and over again for at least 3 days and every day it gets trashed again. I asked my 18yo to please clean up the kitchen last night after I had done it twice already. So, I go downstairs this morning to make my coffee and there is not one empty spot on the counters. There are dirty dishes all over the place, food still left out. And, of course, I'm the big meany because I got angry about it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 01-17-2010, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

MW: Sorry you're having a crappy day!

RaraAvis: I agree with the others...I wouldn't rely on that at all

AFM: temp went up to 97.7 this morning, and I had just Creamy yesterday, so I really think that I did O on CD 32. I just discarded the temp on CD 31, and FF took away my cross hairs, but if I enter another high temp for tomorrow (like 97.8) then it puts my O date on CD 32 with a CL of 97.2. CD 31, well, I was super crazy stressed and slept awful and had to wake up at midnight to call my doula client and then tossed and turned and woke up feeling really really hot all over. Anyway, I guess I'll just wait to see what tomorrow's temp is and take it from there. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
Old 01-17-2010, 04:09 PM

Emily ~ Even with that cd31 temp left in, you'll be able to put O on cd32 if tomorrow's temp is above 97.4. I wouldn't take the cd31 temp out at this point.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 01-17-2010, 04:42 PM

MW- Sorry you're having a bad day. A messy house is the worst!!!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Old 01-17-2010, 04:50 PM

So... with no user failure (he definately got out in time) what are the chances of pregnancy with withdrawal two days before ovulation? I wasn't worried about it at all, but the past few days I have had extremely swollen, sore and heavy breasts, and noticed last night that dtd was quite uncomfortable, I have never felt that dry before. I'm pretty sure I'm overanalyzing, but want to know if I should be 'worried'.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 01-17-2010, 05:23 PM

Thanks, guys. Things are a little better now. The house is a bit cleaner and we're all getting along.

jj ~ I think the method failure rate is about 4%. I don't think dryness is a pg symptom. From what I've read, women who pay attention actually notice a lot of creamy CF during their lps when they are pg. That's probably not scientifically backed up.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:23 PM

MW: I hope your day is going better, a messy house makes me stressed out so I completely understand.

jj : I don't know what the actual percentages are, but if you have a DH who is "good" at w/d I would think it's pretty low. I believe there are a number of women around here that have been using w/d during fertile times for many cycles.

Emily : Waiting on tomorrows temp, it looks like O!

AFM: Another drop today (I was up about 20 minutes earlier than usual), I still don't feel like AF is on her way though. The backache and acne that normally precede her have yet to start. I'm waiting on tomorrow mornings temp to decide if I have to adjust O date AGAIN. Is it silly that I look forward to going to bed right now because I know that in the morning I can take my temp? I go between the extremes of yay I'm pregnant! to ... there is no way I'm pregnant. I would LOVE another baby, DH doesn't want to TTC yet though, but he's perfectly okay with another unexpected blessing.

We spent most of our afternoon in the ER today, the right side of B's face has been swollen since Friday afternoon. We were waiting to see if it would go away, but it hasn't and we've had to keep her on a steady dose of tylenol so that it doesn't hurt. We basically came away with no information, except that it's not contagious (whatever IT is) and it's not constricting her air flow. We have to make an appointment with her primary doctor for early this week and we may have to get referred to an ear,nose, and throat doctor. The ER doctor prescribed an antibiotic but we don't want to do that when we don't even know what is causing the swelling.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 01-17-2010, 09:35 PM

What is up w/FF? My temp today (12 dpo) dropped below my CL & FF took away my crosshairs. My chart. I thought AF would show for sure today, but nothing yet. She has arrived later than this, though...guess she has a few more hours.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
What is up w/FF? My temp today (12 dpo) dropped below my CL & FF took away my crosshairs. My chart. I thought AF would show for sure today, but nothing yet. She has arrived later than this, though...guess she has a few more hours.
I think FF is screwed up this month... I tried to go through and add some data in that I have journaled elsewhere and adding in CM observations it changes my O date back to CD 15, what the heck? I'm hoping that next cycle is more "textbook".

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

Old 01-18-2010, 02:02 AM

MM- that is beyond weird. I can't think of any reason it would remove them now. It's not like you're only one or two dpo.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 01-18-2010, 02:32 AM

yeah, talk about how random FF is...........I had my sister sign up for FF so I could put my info in with VIP treatment (yeah, totally not worth it) since I might be in trouble this cycle

and with the EXACT same info - my non-VIP calls day CD20 and the VIP one calls it CD19..............same exact temps and CM info

THAT is why I am glad I have this thread...................I'm just hoping I'll be able to stick around

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 01-18-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
So... with no user failure (he definately got out in time) what are the chances of pregnancy with withdrawal two days before ovulation? I wasn't worried about it at all, but the past few days I have had extremely swollen, sore and heavy breasts, and noticed last night that dtd was quite uncomfortable, I have never felt that dry before. I'm pretty sure I'm overanalyzing, but want to know if I should be 'worried'.
As MW mentioned, I have seen a 4% perfect-use failure rate for withdrawal. That's through the whole cycle though, so it's never really been clear to me how those of us with actual knowledge of our fertile times should interpret it as...I would guess it's probably slightly higher at that time, but not all that much. Can you post your chart link so we can all stalk and tell you how totally not-pregnant we think you are?

WWC, that looks like a wonderfully clear O! Congrats!

Not like mine. I really don't think I O'd at all. But I do feel like I am nearing the end of my LP. I guess it's just wait...and...see...

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 01-18-2010, 03:21 AM

I forgot to refresh the page before I replied...

lyterae, if it is any comfort (or disappointment) I think you are almost guaranteed not to be pregnant with that pattern of falling temperatures. My chart often looks like that - it's up up up up up until I start to wonder if I'm pregnant, then it starts going back down. Usually I somehow still manage to wonder, but intellectually I know that the falling temps probably mean no baby.

I hope your kiddo gets better soon.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:56 AM

Sorry for the late-night serial posting but I just got AF. In my favorite yoga pants no less.

So now I'm wondering if I should count myself safe like I typically do at the beginning of the cycle. Or not. On the one hand it does seem as if I may have O'd at some point, because 97.8 is a typical post-O temp for me. And my bleeding seems like a real period so far (usually if I have anovulatory bleeding it is way lighter). But on the other hand, I really can't figure out a way to look at my chart to make it make sense, so I'm not entirely sure I did in fact O. My usual luteal phase is 12 days. Nothing fits!

In any case, I do get to put that cycle behind me and move on at least. Here's the chart from hell. What do you all think?

Old 01-18-2010, 11:07 AM

BFS, that's a tough one. I don't think you should use the First Five Days rule this time either which is a bummer. Your chart is just plain crazy! Anything that you can think of that would have caused such a disturbance? Sick child, sick you, sleep changes, etc?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 01-18-2010, 11:12 AM

BFS: I don't know what to make of your chart. I think you should be a little more cautious than at the beginning of a cycle after a clear O, but you're probably ok.

AFM: CD 1 here, too! I got a 12 day LP this time! I had to discard yesterday's temp to get my crosshairs back, but I'd put them 1/10th lower. My Chart. We successfully CTA'd for a whole year.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 PM

Pretty sure today will be CD 1 before the end of the day
I wish I didn't want another baby so much right now.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

BFS: ugh! Hopefully this cycle will be way clearer!

MM: Congrats on a full year of CTA!! That's fantastic!

AFM: Yep, definitely O! I un-discarded that one temp, but FF was gracious enough to agree with me on my O day: CD 32, with a CL of 97.4. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407 I know that my chances of a BFP are very very low this cycle. Technically, we DTD on my O day, but in actuality, it was only like 3 hours before I took my temp for CD 33, because DH had just gotten home from a trip. Which is probably for the best, seeing as we're moving and need to do some work on our new house, etc., but taht doesn't mean I'm not hopeful!

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
Old 01-18-2010, 01:39 PM

Mel ~ That chart looks anov to me. I would not use the 1st 5 Days rule this time. Sorry.

Shannon ~ Guess it doesn't matter now but that was weird that FF took your crosshairs away. Made absolutely no sense. for doing this for an entire year! I think you must be the resident champion.

Emily ~ Definitely looks like O. FWIW, you got BD 3 times in your fertile window. That's pretty damn good (or not, depending on how you look at it).

lyterae ~

AFM, I got a 2/10s temp rise this am but, again, not sure how accurate it is. I had another sleepless night with 2yo ds being sick. He threw up from coughing and fever around midnight or so. Then I spent the rest of the night jumping every time he moved or coughed afraid he was going to vomit all over the bed again. As usual, I fell asleep sometime in the early am and woke around 7:10 to temp. My thermometer seemed to conk out on me halfway through temping, though. It just stopped beeping. I finally checked it and it said 98.5, way high. I tried again with the same thermometer and it did the same thing but this time it said 97.7. It never got to the continuous beeps that tell me it's done. So, I pulled out my backup thermometer and it said 97.7, too, but that was after quite a bit of moving around. My temp usually drops if I move around too much. I put in the 97.7, which does give me possibly the beginning of a thermal shift. I think that makes more sense than 98.5, too. My temp doesn't usually jump so high at first.

Hey, has anyone here joined the "Wanting but Waiting" tribe? I was thinking about it.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 PM

cycle day 15 for me. a bit worried about being pregnant. though i usually am worried.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Old 01-18-2010, 02:01 PM

So, if I change from the FAM to Advanced O detector, FF gives me an O day of cd15. I think that's the day I had originally predicted. Although, I'm not 100% convinced, I'm going to leave it there because I like it and it doesn't really matter right now.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:25 PM

MW: I've lurked over in the Wanting but Waiting tribe but never really posted and I haven't joined either. Mostly because the women over there have a defined period of time that they are waiting. My timeframe is indefinite and that makes me depressed when I have to face that fact.

Bettina, why do you think you may be preggo?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 01-18-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
MW: I've lurked over in the Wanting but Waiting tribe but never really posted and I haven't joined either. Mostly because the women over there have a defined period of time that they are waiting. My timeframe is indefinite and that makes me depressed when I have to face that fact.
I think that's how I feel but hadn't figured it out til you just said it. I read over there sometimes but don't feel like I quite fit in. I'm not really wanting but waiting. I'm wanting and hoping but will never be TTC again. Just the idea of joining that thread and either constantly whining about not being pg and not being able to TTC or dealing with someone who gets to graduate to TTC and/or gets pg makes me sad. Maybe I should try to start a thread for charting and not trying but not preventing.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:

Bettina, why do you think you may be preggo?
Yes...that's my thing too. We were dead set against any more children, but lately we have been discussing having another one *eventually*. So it could be anywhere from 1-3 years (I wouldn't want to have one more than 3 years from now) and being in that thread would be a looooooong wait. When I have a more definitive time frame I'll join.

Yes Bettina, I was going to ask the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
So, if I change from the FAM to Advanced O detector, FF gives me an O day of cd15. I think that's the day I had originally predicted. Although, I'm not 100% convinced, I'm going to leave it there because I like it and it doesn't really matter right now.
That's what I would say too.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:45 PM

well i think i am bc my FF says i am fertile since the 15th when i started getting watery CM. we dtd unprotected 15th, 16th and 17th, bc i didnt believe it. i was waiting for ovulation pain and ewcm to determine my Ovulation day. bc FF usually puts my fertile days RIGHT BEHIND my period. so i have stopped trusting it. my average O day for all 4 of my charts was this week. so i didnt think id have any problems. but now i worry bc i still have watery CM and i could hardly feel my cervix today.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Old 01-18-2010, 02:51 PM

Oops, forgot AFM.

AFM: I'm gearing up with fertile fluid now. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681

Does anyone else get O pains for many days?? I usually get them almost daily until a day or two after O. Sometimes that a week or more.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
well i think i am bc my FF says i am fertile since the 15th when i started getting watery CM. we dtd unprotected 15th, 16th and 17th, bc i didnt believe it. i was waiting for ovulation pain and ewcm to determine my Ovulation day. bc FF usually puts my fertile days RIGHT BEHIND my period. so i have stopped trusting it. my average O day for all 4 of my charts was this week. so i didnt think id have any problems. but now i worry bc i still have watery CM and i could hardly feel my cervix today.
Oh, I see. I think probably any time you have watery CM, except for after a clear thermal shift you should abstain (or use a barrier). I guess you never know. Your siggy says you're TTC#3 though. Sorry if I missed the info on this.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM

oh damn, well it recently changed to not TTC for a year...i need to change that! ooops!

Old 01-18-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
For TTA purposes, you should consider yourself fertile whenever you have any CF other than your BIP. Most women's BIP is dry but some may have sticky only if there are never any dry days. Using sticky as your BIP increases your chances of getting pg slightly. Depending on the earliest you've Oed, you could be fertile from very early in your cycle. You can get pg from sex up to 6 days before O.

Kim ~ I seem to have O pains for more than the 1-2 days that TCOYF says it should be. If I add up all the days of O pain plus cramps, it's probably at least 4 days for me.

User Tag List