Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, JAN 2010 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone remember having a lot of hormonal highs and lows before PP AF? I keep getting EW and then having a bad couple nights with DD and going back to dry, then gearing up to EW again, then bad nights....etc. etc. I feel like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster lately, and I wonder if that's what's going on. I feel like my body is trying really hard to ovulate. But isn't the hormonal part of your cycle before AF, not before O?
#482 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Even though we were trying my dh didn't believe my umpteen + hpts. He didn't believe I was pg until I got confirmation from a doc. He was also like that with ds3 and the pg I had back in May. I guess that's just his nature. It irks me a bit because if makes me feel like he doesn't believe in me, iykwim. I think now with all my m/cs he still won't believe I'm pg until a doc says so.
My DH didn't even believe it then! I think he was in shock. I had two VERY dark BFPs, and he didn't believe it. Doctor came in after they took my urine sample and confirmed, and wrote a rx for prenatals and was talking to me about my diet, congratulations, etc., and talking all sorts of baby stuff with me. After she left the room, DH looked at me and said, "So when is she going to tell us if you're pregnant or not?"
#483 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
The only thing I don't like about FF at this point is that it says I am not fertile just because my last cycle had a later ovulation than normal. I am most definitely fertile. I guess they're assuming that based on my last O that I'm too far away from O to get pregnant right now anyway. However, my normal O pattern is between days 14-16 so if I'm getting back to that FF could be dead wrong. Ovusoft is saying I am definitely fertile...but it has more of my cycles to go off of. I wonder if it would help FF if I added some of my older cycles to it (besides my pregnancy one).
I'm sure FF is basing it's assumption that you aren't fertile (btw, doesn't it just say probably not fertile rather than just not fertile?) on your last cycle plus the fact that it's set up for TTC and creamy CF is not considered fertile for TTC purposes. If you had watery or ewcf, FF would say you are possibly fertile based on CF but your stats don't comply. No big deal. It will change as you get more data and more cycles into the database.

annie ~ Are you talking about that pill that causes you to have a period only every 3 months or something like that? At least they've changed the wording of their commercials slightly. I think originally it said there was no medical reason to have a period every month. It now says while you are on the pill there's no medical reason for a period every month. I was thinking about that the other day. That may very well be true. However, I agree that there are health risks involved in taking the pill so having less periods would not be enough of a benefit for me to take it.

I think it's really sad the way the majority of the people seem to allow themselves to be virtually brainwashed by big business and big government. They just believe whatever they're told by the interested parties without thinking about whether or not it's true. The fact is that the bc companies want to make money, not improve women's health. It does not improve a woman's health to take hormones that change the natural hormone production in the body while coming with risks such as stroke, heart attack and death. But it must be safe because the government has approved it. Yeah, the FDA has such a great track record for drug safety and putting the health of the people and the planet above profit. I wish people would think for themselves. Ok, off my little .

I had some horrible dreams last night. I can't remember the first but in the 2nd I was some sort of spy or PI who was trying to save children in Haiti and someone was trying to kill me. Right before I woke up I had been pulled under water in a river and 2 people were trying to drown me.

In the 3rd dream, my family had moved to Chicago and upon getting there I realized that I had the wrong child. Somehow when I went to pick my kids up at daycare (which they don't go to irl) the woman who worked there convinced to take a little girl with me instead of my 2yo son. I was looking at this girl in our new home thinking she didn't look like any of us and something wasn't right when it dawned on me. She was not my child and, as far as I knew, my child was missing! I had to scream at my dh to call the police because he was acting like it was no big deal. Finally, we found out that the girl's family had taken our boy but they wanted to keep him because he was so much more fun than their girl. Of course, I hopped in the car right away to take this girl home and get my boy. I woke up before I got to him. It was hard for me to fall back to sleep after that dream. I wish I knew how to interpret dreams.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#484 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post
Anyone remember having a lot of hormonal highs and lows before PP AF? I keep getting EW and then having a bad couple nights with DD and going back to dry, then gearing up to EW again, then bad nights....etc. etc. I feel like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster lately, and I wonder if that's what's going on. I feel like my body is trying really hard to ovulate. But isn't the hormonal part of your cycle before AF, not before O?
I did have the EW back and forth for about a month, but no moodiness, although I usually don't get that with AF anyway, so YMMV.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#485 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I had the back and forth of ewcf but no O and starting over again. Your entire cycle is hormonal so I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean it's affecting your mood? I think I read somewhere that it's the drop in estrogen rather than the rise in progesterone during the lp that causes the moodiness. That could be what's happening with you now. Your estrogen is rising as your body tries to O but it doesn't happen so your estrogen drops so that it can start over.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#486 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 02:18 PM

MW - yes I was just talking about how they portray your period as something that you can do away with. (I think they are even trying to get a pill that you don't have to have your period at all).
I have to admit that if I wasn't Catholic I would probably be on the pill. I wouldn't have even known any better or thought twice about it
I was actually surprised when I ran across this thread and TCOYF that there were people doing NFP/FAM for other reasons besides religious ones!!

It just P****** me off that there are so many things out there that are just taken at face value! I can only imagine how many more people would not be on ABC if they knew everything about it and actually thought twice!!

For whoever asked about getting your PPAF................for me - I had one patch of more fertile CM and then a period about 2 weeks later. I am not sure if I or not because I wasn't temping. I was just thinking about this. I do know that I did not treat the CM as fertile as I should have.........I just kind of took for granted that I would have several patches of CM or that I wouldn't at all the first time. That first cycle I just had the slippery sensation and no EWCF that I could actually get off the napkin really.

The NEXT cycle - holy cow did I have EWCF!! You know that pic in TCOYF where the lady is holding it up and they conceived that cycle? yeah, that!

Then this cycle that just happened no such thing.......just the slippery or smooth sensation.

So I figure I have used up all of my "extra lives" so to speak and I am being VERY careful from here on out! I am just glad I was being super careful the cycle I had the EWCF

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#487 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 02:23 PM

Annie2186: Yay for AF!!

I have to say, I am incredibly lucky in that my cycles are textbook picture perfect. The idea of them going wonky after a pregnancy does NOT look good to me. lol. I'll drive myself crazy!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#488 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
MW - yes I was just talking about how they portray your period as something that you can do away with. (I think they are even trying to get a pill that you don't have to have your period at all).
I have to admit that if I wasn't Catholic I would probably be on the pill. I wouldn't have even known any better or thought twice about it
I went on the pill when I was 14, I think, and stayed on it until I was 20. The doc I saw said that since I wasn't having periods anyway I didn't need to be on it. Since I had been on them so long he said I should give my body a break from them. I did and never had another period but got pg 3 months later. I was going by what the doc said about not being able to get pg as long as I didn't have periods. He neglected to tell me that I could ovulate any time. Maybe he didn't know that much, either.

Anyway, after having ds1 I got a Norplant because I did not want to take any chances of getting pg again. I had the first one for 5 years, the alotted time. I had that replaced with a new one and immediately started having problems with it. 3 months later I had it removed because I just couldn't take it any more. Everyone insisted that the formulation hadn't changed but could not come up with any explanation for why I would not have any problems with the 1st but all kinds of problems with the 2nd one 5 years later. It was after I had the 2nd Norplant removed that I started having problems with my cycle. I didn't get on my own for about 2 years. I had to take progesterone every 3 months to have a bleed because I was told it wasn't healthy for the uterus to go longer than that without one.

I did eventually start having my own cycles but they were very long and irregular and, as I've said, I had lots of trouble conceiving and/or staying pg. I am convinced it was all those artificial hormones started at such a young age that messed my body up. It never had a chance to regulate itself. I was young and didn't think to question whether or not it was safe, not to mention I was not thinking in terms of having babies eventually. At the time I didn't want any children ever. My mom was/is a big feminist into the woman's movement and all that so to her the pill was a savior. It meant freedom. She was happy to help me get on it.

#489 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 05:06 PM

Being Silly

Temp not too high this morning -- but I am TOTALLY safe, right? I mean as totally as we can be. . .

annie: WHOOO HOO!

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#490 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
Being Silly

Temp not too high this morning -- but I am TOTALLY safe, right? I mean as totally as we can be. . .
Well, I say if you have had at least 4 consecutive days of CF dry up you are probably safe but maybe use caution if you detect wetter CF. I think TCOYF says it's ok to have the occasional temp that goes at or below your CL as long as you can still see the biphasic pattern. Technically, you don't even need to continue temping once you get the 3 consecutive high temps (although that has tricked me before, so...). The thing that concerns me the most about your temps is that they are all so low, not normal post-O temps. I'm sure we've been through that before, though, and your temps just run low?

#491 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
I went on the pill when I was 14, I think, and stayed on it until I was 20. The doc I saw said that since I wasn't having periods anyway I didn't need to be on it. Since I had been on them so long he said I should give my body a break from them. I did and never had another period but got pg 3 months later. I was going by what the doc said about not being able to get pg as long as I didn't have periods. He neglected to tell me that I could ovulate any time. Maybe he didn't know that much, either.

Anyway, after having ds1 I got a Norplant because I did not want to take any chances of getting pg again. I had the first one for 5 years, the alotted time. I had that replaced with a new one and immediately started having problems with it. 3 months later I had it removed because I just couldn't take it any more. Everyone insisted that the formulation hadn't changed but could not come up with any explanation for why I would not have any problems with the 1st but all kinds of problems with the 2nd one 5 years later. It was after I had the 2nd Norplant removed that I started having problems with my cycle. I didn't get on my own for about 2 years. I had to take progesterone every 3 months to have a bleed because I was told it wasn't healthy for the uterus to go longer than that without one.

I did eventually start having my own cycles but they were very long and irregular and, as I've said, I had lots of trouble conceiving and/or staying pg. I am convinced it was all those artificial hormones started at such a young age that messed my body up. It never had a chance to regulate itself. I was young and didn't think to question whether or not it was safe, not to mention I was not thinking in terms of having babies eventually. At the time I didn't want any children ever. My mom was/is a big feminist into the woman's movement and all that so to her the pill was a savior. It meant freedom. She was happy to help me get on it.
I wish I could get someone to talk to my sister about this. She has always had problems with really irregular periods, so her doc put her on BC to regulate them. She didn't try anything else first. She is not sexually active, and don't think she will be anytime soon, so she is just going to keep taking them until... I don't know when. Til she wants a baby? That could be years and years from now.

I am Catholic, but I did three weeks of the mini-pill to try to show DH (in a very misguided way) that I was with him on taking precautions. That stuff made me loopy. I hated it. I think my conscience had something to do with it, but I told DH I was stopping and I was not going to do it again. I don't know why I thought that would improve our relationship.
#492 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I wish I could get someone to talk to my sister about this. She has always had problems with really irregular periods, so her doc put her on BC to regulate them. She didn't try anything else first. She is not sexually active, and don't think she will be anytime soon, so she is just going to keep taking them until... I don't know when. Til she wants a baby? That could be years and years from now.
Would she read the book, "Cycle Savvy" by the author of TOCYF? (Why can't I remember her name right now?) That book is supposed to be geared more toward teenagers and young women.

#493 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Annie2186: Yay for AF!!

I have to say, I am incredibly lucky in that my cycles are textbook picture perfect. The idea of them going wonky after a pregnancy does NOT look good to me. lol. I'll drive myself crazy!
Yeah - FF just informed me that my cycles are very irregular and making it hard for them to predict anything (welcome to my world! ) and to please go through my cycles and delete/disregard any weird ones..........ummmmm I have two cycles to choose from??

My sisters were on ABC more than I was - and I am especially glad that they are older than me, because I learned NEVER to get the depo shot! I watched both of them get fat on that shot and they BOTH still have issues with weight! (although neither on ABC anymore).

Anyways, I am just happy to be able to stick around! I'm so glad there is a place I can come and celebrate getting

P.S. Am I the last one of our streak of "accidents"? Did no one get a BFP? THAT is surprising - I thought there was going to be 3 or 4 this month!
Now............to be much more careful............

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#494 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
The thing that concerns me the most about your temps is that they are all so low, not normal post-O temps. I'm sure we've been through that before, though, and your temps just run low?
My LP temps rarely get above 97.5, and are usually between 97.3 and 97 (but usually my cover line is a lot lower -- like 96.8 or so. ( I temp at 5 am, so that's probably part of it)

I think the trouble is all those missing temps. . . But I don't feel very sure. I'm just going to hang tight and see what happens a little while longer. . .

Good think DH and I are squabbling -- makes the waiting easier. Just as long as we don't make up. . .

*BETH* My FF Chart: 28389c
a no-vax, organic, Catholic mother of DD (5) and DS (2)flowersforyou.gif

#495 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
Good think DH and I are squabbling -- makes the waiting easier. Just as long as we don't make up. . .
LMAO - I totally find myself "picking fights" with my husband when I am potentially fertile. I don't know if I actually pick them or if I just don't really try to fix them like I normally would......

I also find myself going to bed early around that time as well

My DH is a total Pain in my arse though.........I almost feel like making him do it 2 times a day for the next 5 days just to get it out of his system!!

#496 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 01:46 AM

Ha ha! In three months I'll be taking care of my best friend's baby every day. That should put out my baby fever! Two under 1!

I need to hunt down my thermometer...

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#497 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Would she read the book, "Cycle Savvy" by the author of TOCYF? (Why can't I remember her name right now?) That book is supposed to be geared more toward teenagers and young women.
Oh wow I am DEFINITELY getting this for my 16 yr old, sexually active sister. I'm a strong believer that teens should use condoms, not BCPs. How I wish I had this reproductive knowledge when I was a teen! My mom put me on the pill when I was 16

~Amanda~ crunchy, foodie SAHM to DD 8/14/08
#498 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

sk8rmaiden; I'll add you to the list at the front. How long did you chart before you got PG?

Annie: yay for AF!!!!

Lyterae: are you still up for taking over the thread for Feb?

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#499 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 01:21 PM

I agree with getting Cycle Savvy (Toni Weschler)! I actually already bought it for my 9 year old so that when she starts to have some changes I can go over some of that stuff with her. When she starts her cycles we can go over the charting section. She will just have to wait until she's a little older (unless her cycles start at an older age, but I was 11) to read the section about relationships and sex.

I think it is so important for girls/women to understand how their bodies work. I think it's sad that FAM users seem to know more about it than some of the OB/Gyns I have seen. Even if we prefer our teens to not be sexually active, if they know about their bodies and how to track it they can avoid a potential pregnancy. I wish I had known half the stuff that's in that book!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#500 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
sk8rmaiden; I'll add you to the list at the front. How long did you chart before you got PG?

Annie: yay for AF!!!!

Is sk8r pregnant? I must have missed that!!

AFM: I can't find my book with the photos right now so I have a question about CM. What would you call this...creamy or watery?? It is really thin like skim milk, but it does have white at the top and really watery/clear at the bottom (when I wipe it on my finger off my panties..TMI sorry! I have to use my fingernail to pick it all the way up or it would be too thin otherwise). What do you think? Basically it is like skim milk I guess.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#501 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaGwynn View Post
I'm a strong believer that teens should use condoms, not BCPs. How I wish I had this reproductive knowledge when I was a teen! My mom put me on the pill when I was 16
Yes, well, bcps are safer in terms of pg than condoms and you know we can't trust teenagers to actually be responsible about using condoms. Better to give them pills without any thought or concern about the possible long-term ramifications. Not one doc ever talked to me about the potential s/e of hormonal bc. I talk to my 18yo ds continuously about using a condom every time even if the girl says she's on bc. One, because the pill is not foolproof and, two, because I think he needs to be responsible for his actions regardless of what anyone else does.

I'm bored. Halfway through my lp and just waiting for it to be time for . I'm not 100% sure I Oed on cd15 because it seems too early for me, too normal. I'm waiting to see if shows up when expected based on that. If does show on time, then I'll be excited to see how my next cycle is. My latest O the last 3 cycles was cd19 and my longest cycle was only 32 days, normal. I'm thinking that, if my cycles do become normal, I may not try any of those supplements I looked into.

#502 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I think it is so important for girls/women to understand how their bodies work. I think it's sad that FAM users seem to know more about it than some of the OB/Gyns I have seen. Even if we prefer our teens to not be sexually active, if they know about their bodies and how to track it they can avoid a potential pregnancy. I wish I had known half the stuff that's in that book!
Thank you for remembering the author's name. Total brain fart on my part. I think that boys as well as girls should know how the female body works. I think my boys no more about how the female body works than many women. It's disappointing but not surprising that OB/GYNs don't know much about the natural processes of the female body. Obstetrics and gynecology are surgical specialties. OB/GYNs don't have any more specific or special hormonal reproductive training beyond regular medical school. Their specialized training is in female surgeries such as c-sections and hysterectomy. I think board-certified REs are the way to go for that sort of understanding since they study the science of reproductive hormones beyond their regular medical training in order to get their certification.

Kim ~ Under the picture descriptions of creamy in TCOYF, it says milky so I guess I'd call that creamy. If it becomes more runny, thinner, more clear but not stretchy, I'd call it watery. Obviously, once it becomes stretchy, it's ew.

#503 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 02:04 PM

Hi Can I join this thread? I am new to charting. I charted for one month and got pregnant for our ds (who is almost 22 months) I didn't think I could chart while bf until my ppaf came back which I just got last month. So I'm starting to chart again. However I have been getting my AF every 17 days so do I start a new chart every time?

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

#504 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you for remembering the author's name. Total brain fart on my part. I think that boys as well as girls should know how the female body works. I think my boys no more about how the female body works than many women. It's disappointing but not surprising that OB/GYNs don't know much about the natural processes of the female body. Obstetrics and gynecology are surgical specialties. OB/GYNs don't have any more specific or special hormonal reproductive training beyond regular medical school. Their specialized training is in female surgeries such as c-sections and hysterectomy. I think board-certified REs are the way to go for that sort of understanding since they study the science of reproductive hormones beyond their regular medical training in order to get their certification.

Kim ~ Under the picture descriptions of creamy in TCOYF, it says milky so I guess I'd call that creamy. If it becomes more runny, thinner, more clear but not stretchy, I'd call it watery. Obviously, once it becomes stretchy, it's ew.
Thanks. I never get EW and watery is as fertile as I get. Usually I can tell the difference but this time I'm having a harder time. In my panties now, it is nothing but "water" but when I try to get anything out it is like the skim milk. I feel very fertile today so I am going to go ahead and put watery because it is definitely a step up from the "creamy" I was having the past few days. I'd rather stay on the safe side anyway.
Thanks for looking that up for me.

#505 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I feel very fertile today so I am going to go ahead and put watery because it is definitely a step up from the "creamy" I was having the past few days. I'd rather stay on the safe side anyway.
Thanks for looking that up for me.
I think one of the main thing is to notice how your own CF changes from dry/sticky to wetter. I think especially for TTA purposes, it's probably best to err on the side of more fertile. KWIM?

Meksmama ~ If you are having anovulatory bleeding, I think it's just a personal preference whether or not to start a new chart. I had several cycles like that right after a m/c and I kept switching back and forth between leaving them as one chart and breaking them up. I finally broke them up just because I didn't like the one loooooooooooooong cycle. I don't think it really matters, though. The main thing with CTA and anov cycles is that you can't use the 1st 5 days rule as safe. You need confirmed O followed by at least a 10 day lp (or is it 12?) before you can rely on the 1st 5 days rule.

#506 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post

Short Answer : Yes, can you send me a PM and let me know what I need to do then?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#507 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 04:05 PM

Our weekend has already filled up with activities and next weekend is booked as well. I just want to go sleep for a bit.

Nothing terribly exciting going on, CD6 and I was an hour late taking my temp this morning so it's higher than usual. We finally stopped naps this week with B and she slept till 7:30 this morning, woohoo!

We're off to help a friend with some cleaning and then I need to come home and clean my kitchen so I can make fondant. Fun times I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#508 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:

Meksmama ~ If you are having anovulatory bleeding, I think it's just a personal preference whether or not to start a new chart. I had several cycles like that right after a m/c and I kept switching back and forth between leaving them as one chart and breaking them up. I finally broke them up just because I didn't like the one loooooooooooooong cycle. I don't think it really matters, though. The main thing with CTA and anov cycles is that you can't use the 1st 5 days rule as safe. You need confirmed O followed by at least a 10 day lp (or is it 12?) before you can rely on the 1st 5 days rule.
How do I know if its an anov cycle if that is what it is? It just seems like I should be having regular cycles after 22 months pp.

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

#509 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meksmama View Post
How do I know if its an anov cycle if that is what it is? It just seems like I should be having regular cycles after 22 months pp.

The only way to know forsure what is going on is to take your temperature every morning. Then you will have a clear picture as to what is going on.

From what I can see one of two things are happening. You are either having annovulatory bleeding every three weeks OR you are ovulating and then having a luteal phase defect that is causing you to get your period without much of a luteal phase.
Alot of women go a long time with weird cycles when they are breastfeeding. It's not unheard of to be having irregular cycles even an 22 months PP. Some women aren't even HAVING cycles yet!

#510 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meksmama View Post
I would guess that with bleeding every 17 days, it's anov bleeding. Even if you are ovulating, with such short cycles you aren't having a long enough luteal phase to be safe. Temping will tell you if you are Oing or not. Every woman is different as to when their cycles return. I start temping after my 1st PP bleed. My bleeding cycles returned at around 11 months PP with ds2 but I didn't start ovulating until 15 months PP even though I had 2-3 bleeds in between. After ds3, I ovulated the 1st cycle but it was very late, cd45. Then I had 2 anov cycles, 1 O cycle, 1 anov cyle, 1 O cycle, 1 anov cycle and then I started to O almost every cycle.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page