Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, JAN 2010 - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2010, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
11 days post Mirena removal here and I am not noticing any changes in cf. It seems to be dry/sticky every day. I'm still nursing my 16mo old, but only 4 times a day, and she night weaned almost 3 weeks ago. Is this normal, should I be experiencing any change in my cf yet?
I know this month is going to be hard, it's my first time every trying NFP, I had the Mirena in since 2 mo pp, and I'm still nursing.
Also, the first week I was varying timing taking my temp, I was either taking it at 6:30a or 8:30a. It seems much lower the earlier I take it, is that normal? Say...I was around 96.9-97 when taking it around 6:30a, but around 97.3-97.5 when taking it around 8:30a. just wondering if this is a coincidence or if your temp normally starts increasing closer to your natural waking time?

Jenni Wife to Jason and Mommy to Enza 9/08 energy.gifand Grayson 1/11 h20homebirth.gif   novaxnocirc.gif lactivist.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mama Lo: yes, it is normal for the temp to be lower the earlier you take it; hence why it is important to take it within a one hour time frame. I usually temp at 6, so I need to take my temp between 5:30 and 6:30 for it to be accurate, KWIM? And it is very, very normal to have little to no CF while BFing. Some women's bodies don't get cycles back till 22 mos. postpartum! And combined with the Mirena; yes; it might take a while for your body to kick into gear.

MW: Thanks for the assurances. Now that I didn't get AF, I'm like over analyzing every little thing that could possibly mean I'm PG.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
Old 01-26-2010, 02:40 PM

Morning ladies!

Another day with no temp
B. woke me up at 4:30 this morning crying so I just kinda rolled out of bed and went to see her.. Then she wouldn't go back to sleep. I finally got her to sleep again and then I tried to go sleep and then she was back up at 5:45... I laid down for about 15 more minutes before she was yelling about something else.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 01-26-2010, 02:49 PM

Emily ~ Do you know if your O day could've been 2 days earlier using TAoNFP rules? I think it could be but I'm not sure because the 2nd temp would be right at the LTL. Maybe Shannon or Annie can answer that. I'm just curious because your lp seems to be longer than it has been in the past, right?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 01-26-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Emily ~ Do you know if your O day could've been 2 days earlier using TAoNFP rules? I think it could be but I'm not sure because the 2nd temp would be right at the LTL. Maybe Shannon or Annie can answer that. I'm just curious because your lp seems to be longer than it has been in the past, right?
I agree w/MW. Your O day could be CD 30 for you based on temps. Your 3rd high temp is at the HTL. Have you taken a test?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 01-26-2010, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself, actually. Remember we had a tough time deciding what my O date was? I am tempted to say CD 30, because CD 31 is the day that my nipples started hurting, usu. indicating O has just happened. But also, usu. my CF totally corresponds directly to O. If I keep O on CD 32, that matches my CF. Although CD 32 CF was much a much stickier type of EWCF.

I've also never had a fall back rise before. But, I realize that true patterns might be difficult to really follow, b/c my body is still figuring itself out, and I did O 10 days earlier than the last two cycles.

Accepting votes! lol http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407

If I O'd on CD 32, my LP so far is 11 days. 13 if O on CD 30. Last cycle my LP was 10 days. The cycle before that, when I was on the Vitex, it was 15 days with temps all the way up to 98.6! The cycle before that was anovulatory, and before that the LP was 9 days.

Aren't my temps too low to be pregnant?

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
Old 01-26-2010, 03:40 PM

WWC: CD 30 is a possibility, so is CD 32. I guess 30 is my vote, since temps confirm O, but if CTA I would have advised caution until CD 35 or 36 depending on whether you call CD 31 or 32 Peak Day. You do not see a triphasic chart w/each pg chart! There's no set level that temps need to reach to show pregnancy! Just a certain number of days above the CL/HTL. The number varies depending on who you ask. I would test on Thursday, based on your LP history.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 01-26-2010, 03:49 PM

Emily ~ I agree with Annie and Shannon. I rely more on temps than CF to pinpoint O so I'd probably go with cd30 for O at this point. For CTA purposes, like Shannon said, if you were only at cd32 or so I'd probably advise waiting a bit longer to assume were safe but that's not a concern now. Also like Shannon said, the level of temps doesn't mean anything in terms of being pg or not. They don't have to be at a minimum to show pg, nor do they have to be triphasic or anything else. The only way temps by themselves can tell you if you are pg is if they stay above your CL for at least 18 days (or is it more than 18 days? I can never remember) and doesn't show. Last cycle my temps were relatively low but I was pg (even if it was only for a short time). You can't compare these temps or your lp length to what they were when you were taking Vitex since that can lengthen the lp and cause temps to be higher in the same way taking progesterone can. BTW, I've been meaning to mention this but keep forgetting. On that natural fertility supplement website I was looking at, it doesn't say anything about Vitex being dangerous to take while pg.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 01-26-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
Yeah, I was wondering about that myself, actually. Remember we had a tough time deciding what my O date was? I am tempted to say CD 30, because CD 31 is the day that my nipples started hurting, usu. indicating O has just happened. But also, usu. my CF totally corresponds directly to O. If I keep O on CD 32, that matches my CF. Although CD 32 CF was much a much stickier type of EWCF.

I've also never had a fall back rise before. But, I realize that true patterns might be difficult to really follow, b/c my body is still figuring itself out, and I did O 10 days earlier than the last two cycles.

Accepting votes! lol http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407

If I O'd on CD 32, my LP so far is 11 days. 13 if O on CD 30. Last cycle my LP was 10 days. The cycle before that, when I was on the Vitex, it was 15 days with temps all the way up to 98.6! The cycle before that was anovulatory, and before that the LP was 9 days.

Aren't my temps too low to be pregnant?
I would say possible O day on CD30. It's hard to say though because you still have EW after. However, like others said I rely more on temps than CM because I can tend to have wet CM even after I O. Your temps are not too low to be pregnant. That is the average range of my pregnancy temps. When will you be testing? *ahem* today *ahem*

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Old 01-26-2010, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm...ok, I'd be willing to go with CD 30. That would lower my CL, right? To, like, 97.2? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407 I think that sometimes the reason I am so swayed by CF is because I first learned to charting via the Creighton method, where CF is everything.

I am going to wait a while longer to test, though. We are moving (the packers are in the next room boxing up my pictures as I type!) and driving 1200 miles to Tampa, and well, I'm just still not sure how DH will take it...although he has been MUCH more positive about kids lately. I do think he'd be happy. But I'd rather wait till like a week from now. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I hope I get to get to it!!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
hmmm...ok, I'd be willing to go with CD 30. That would lower my CL, right? To, like, 97.2? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407 I think that sometimes the reason I am so swayed by CF is because I first learned to charting via the Creighton method, where CF is everything.

I am going to wait a while longer to test, though. We are moving (the packers are in the next room boxing up my pictures as I type!) and driving 1200 miles to Tampa, and well, I'm just still not sure how DH will take it...although he has been MUCH more positive about kids lately. I do think he'd be happy. But I'd rather wait till like a week from now. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I hope I get to get to it!!!!
I'm not sure about the CL. Sorry.

Good luck with your move and everything! I don't know how you can manage not to test. I'd be peeing on everything in sight!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Old 01-26-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
hmmm...ok, I'd be willing to go with CD 30. That would lower my CL, right? To, like, 97.2?
I can only confirm O on cd30 using the NFP rules, which would put your LTL at 97.1 and your HTL at 97.5. Your first 3 temps after that meet the rules for NFP, I believe. If you were going to use FAM, yes, your CL would be 97.2 but then I wouldn't not be able to definitively confirm O on cd30 because of the low temp on cd32 and would be back to O on cd32. I think there's no way to know exactly when O was but definitely sometime between cd30 and cd32. A couple of days doesn't really matter that much, anyway, unless you were planning to test early.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:10 PM

Emily, I'm going to have to be the voice of dissent here and say that I think you O'd on CD 32. The temp shift starting on CD 31 is just not enough for me to say it was O, especially since your CF points to O on CD 32. I wouldn't rely on nipple soreness to definitively pinpoint O either, though it's a good secondary sign that you are indeed O'ing something around that time. So my vote: CD 32.

If you wait a week from now, you shouldn't even have to test. It should be obvious. Hope your move goes well and that AF stays away!

AFM, I am feeling pretty slippery, although I don't think it's true EW yet, it's the closest so that's what I'm marking it as. Maybe I will O early. Here's my chart.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 01-26-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
Good luck with your move and everything! I don't know how you can manage not to test. I'd be peeing on everything in sight!
ME TOO! I am SUCH a POASaholic

I don't know enough about temps to take a vote WWC - but good luck (with everything)

BFS - You might early since your last cycle was a weird one............did you decide it was annovulatory or no? I can't remember.

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 01-26-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
BFS - You might early since your last cycle was a weird one............did you decide it was annovulatory or no? I can't remember.
Yeah, it was probably anovulatory.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Yeah, it was probably anovulatory.
Yep, that could mean early O.

I've got a CF question. My CF feeling but not appearance has changed a little. When I wipe I see shiny and clear on the tissue but nothing that I can grab hold of, which I usually get in the beginning of my cycles so I call it sticky. I've been having sticky CF my entire lp without much vag sensation. Today, though, I feel wetter and cold. Would you call that sticky or creamy? I should get Thursday or Friday so this would just be pre- CF.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

MW: For me, honestly, I feel like I have a huge range of CF that qualifies as "sticky." For me, at least. Probably not right, but I call every thing from shiny on the paper but nothing on my fingers to tacky sticky feel less than half inch stretch, all sticky. That's just me. And I'm probably "loose" with it because I have so much super fertile CF before I O that I barely pay attention to anything else.

Thanks everyone! I'm still tempted to lean to CD 32 as my O day, honestly, but it doesn't really matter; my LP is already 11 days, so even if AF comes tomorrow, it was a day longer than last time, and therefore an improvement. But I REALLY hope AF stays away for a very, very, very long time!

Old 01-27-2010, 04:28 AM

MW: Based on description is sounds more like sticky to me (or in my case, probably more like EW since I don't get much at all EW at all), but I also get VERY obvious creamy, it's my most common, so for me the shiny and clear aspect of it almost immediately knock out creamy. I find the creamy for me looks thicker too.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 AM

Temp Drop

Waiting for

But I'm not sure what that means as far as O day -- I've had 4 cycles with 11 day LPs, then one 14 day LP last cycle. . . So i don't know if I O'd on CD 16 with that last EWCM (11 day LP) or waay back on CD 12 (all those missing temps, we'll never know)(14 day LP) mysterious

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
Old 01-27-2010, 01:07 PM

Beth - It really is neat how those temperatures can tell such a story..

Emily - Fingers crossed for you!

AFM: CD 10 , nothing terribly exciting going on. Finally remembered my thermometer this morning and I'm hoping this month will be a nice clear thermal shift (it would help if I remembered to take my temperature). I've noticed some similiarites to last months cycle though that I hadn't noticed before, before O I seem to start getting some tummy troubles and acne..

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

Old 01-27-2010, 01:28 PM

I didn't get to temp this morning. My little rugrat took off with my thermometor last night and I didn't realize it until I reached for it this morning
I haven't been able to tell much a difference in my cf yet either
Heres hoping I can get the hang of this! Any ideas how long it took you to get familiar with your cf?

Jenni Wife to Jason and Mommy to Enza 9/08 energy.gifand Grayson 1/11 h20homebirth.gif   novaxnocirc.gif lactivist.gif

Old 01-27-2010, 01:50 PM

Mama Lo ~ I've been charting since 2002 and still have a hard time with CF. I think part of my problem is that mine seems to change after having a baby.

Beth ~ I don't see a thermal shift after cd16 so I'll have to vote for cd14. But, you're right. It's not 100% clear.

Thanks for answering my CF questions. Although, to be honest y'all's answers don't help clear things up for me. I get lots of EW now so I know what that is. I don't get much of anything else that I've ever noticed. After my CF starts out as this clear, shiny stuff that's only on tissue. I can't pick it up but it does feel kind of sticky when I touch it on the tissue. I don't know that I've ever seen creamy CF. I do eventually get a tiny bit of CF that's white but there's not really enough to tell if it's creamy. It will form a tiny peak between my fingers and my vag sensation is cold so I call it creamy. The only two things I can be sure of are and EWCF. I don't seem to get dry days and can't tell what the other CF is because it's so scant. I recorded yesterday as creamy based on vag sensation because TCOYF says you should record whichever is most fertile. Also, I figure my CF might be looking more fertile because it's right before .

My temp surprised me a bit this am. Yesterday it dropped so assumed this morning it would be low again but it shot way back up.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:53 PM

Mama Lo - I think that after a few cycles (sometimes even one) you can get the hang of your CF. Once again I just want to give my shout out for vaginal sensation when you wipe. Fold the toilet paper into a flat square and wipe BEFORE and AFTER going to the bathroom (front to back) and really see if you feel anything when you wipe. If it is a dry sensation than any CF is sticky. If is is a smooth sensation than any CF is creamy. If it is slippery than WATCH out! This will be the most fertile (although you have to be careful of creamy and/or sticky depending on your BIP).

Anyways, coming from someone who was breastfeeding when trying to chart for the first time - vaginal sensation is the only thing that saved me. As soon as I had any sensation when I wiped I had a few weeks later.

Hope this helps!

Emily - your temps crack me up!!

AFM - is getting ready to pack up. Probably start temping tomorrow morning hopefully.

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 01-27-2010, 03:02 PM

So I bought a new thermometer because mine disappeared and now I can't back into the habit of taking my temp. I have bringing ds into bed around 2 am so if they get up at 6 I still get a good reading.

last night I started spotting and today AF arrived again (temp 97.2 last 3 days)
so I had AF from (1/1-1/5, then again 1/18-1/23, and started again today)

Are there any supplements I can take to help regulate or something I can do?

I have had no CF that I am aware of in the last month.

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

Old 01-27-2010, 03:32 PM

meksmama: I recommend persistence. Keep temping during your AF at this point, start an online chart so we can see what's going on...after you have some data to look at you'll be able to get an idea of what's going on w/the frequent bleeds and then decide what kind of approach you want to take to promote a more tolerable cycle. I would not start taking any kind of supplement w/out knowing if you are O'ing or not, how frequently, etc. No CM makes me think you are likely not O'ing before each (any?) bleeds.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 01-27-2010, 03:38 PM

I was going to sign up for FF but it says for people trying to get pregnant and I am avoiding. Does that matter or is there another free online one??

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

Old 01-27-2010, 03:56 PM

Meksmama - A lot of us use FF I believe,but you have to be able to interpret the data or at least somewhat. FF is geared towards women who are TTC. It is very useful for the graphs, and for a place to keep all of your charts.

The only other option I know of is ovosoft and I have not used it.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:58 PM

FF's interpretations are not geared towards CTA; just use it as a place to stash data & do your own interpretation. Most of us use FF.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:21 PM

i use FF to help me see an estimation of when i will O. sometimes its helpful, sometimes not. Since my cycles have been messed up from BCP, it was an indespensable tool.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Old 01-27-2010, 04:41 PM

I think there are other free online charting sites. iVillage may have one. I don't know if they are focused on ttc or just charting in general. I use FF because I've had an account there from when I was ttc. Definitely, you need to know how to interpret the charts yourself when using any s/w, especially when cta.

User Tag List