Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, JAN 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tina ~ I agree with Shannon. Your thermal shift is very clear but I think O was cd15. The spotting on cd17 is way too early for implantation spotting. I'd be more inclined to say it was O spotting. Like O pain, that can happen before, during or after O. Especially with spotting, I think, it's normal for it to show up a day or 2 after the actual event because it may take a while for the blood to work it's way down and out.

lyterae ~ I'm confused as to why you think your temps are low. Do you mean for being post-O or overall or because your supposed post-O temps are hovering at your CL? According to FAM, post-O temps only have to be at the CL, although I think that's iffy when TTA. I still don't see a clear thermal shift and all your temps are on the high side for pre-O. Normal post-O temps are above 97.5 and normal pre-O temps are 97.5 or below. Or, is it pre-O are below 97.5 and post-O are 97.5 and above?. Either way, 97.5 is the normal or average dividing temp. The spotting on cd19 should be considered extremely fertile even without fertile CF, imo.

Can you not change the O detector if you don't have a VIP account?

turnquia ~ Your temps are still very low (as opposed to lyterae's). I really hope FF doesn't give you CHs with those temps. Then I'll be thoroughly disgusted with it.

InMediasRes ~ The way I understand it, feel and stretchiness are more important than appearance. If it stretches and/or is very slippery/lubricative, it's EW.

Since I don't have much charting wise to discuss or ask about, I'm going to post some totally OT stuff. My dh is leaving tomorrow. On a good note, I'm about to have a child in college! I'm in a whirlwind. We went to the community college yesterday to inquire about applying for admission. I assumed it was too late to get into the spring semester since it starts this week and we hadn't done anything. Next thing I know they are telling us if he takes the placement tests by today, he can register for classes and start tomorrow.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#62 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post
Still here. Still having crazy fertile mucous. Still being extra careful.

Can you call it EW if it isn't totally clear? Mine is mostly opaque and a little white. Today's is more clear though. I can't remember what's normal for me since I have only had two whacky cycles in 3 years.

Also, this post partum period has been really different than the last. Last time I was dry dry dry all the time until AF came back. This time, I almost ALWAYS feel vag sensation, and a lot of times, there is CF on the tissue. What is that about?

Argh! I want my period back so I can temp and have it mean something.
Yes you can call it eggwhite if it's not totally clear. I'm not sure what the sensation stuff is about but I have had the same thing since having my last baby.

Well I definitely did O! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681 Hope I"m not going into a triphasic pattern though....

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#63 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 12:13 PM

hi. i am subbing to learn more about charting. i have been using FAM without charting for a long long time. but now i feel like it is really important to avoid for at least another year and i want to be a little more sure of things. What I have been doing is using a barrier or avoiding after about cd 8 until a couple days after i feel O (which i always do feel- its quite painful for me since i had my first baby). But I know I drop more than one egg on some months, and this seems to be sometimes on different days....so i really want to start charting so i can have a better picture of what is going on with my fertility, and hopefully avoid any more scary 2wws. I am also wondering if i will be able to use this information when we do ttc- so that i can avoid or possibly attempt conceiving twins....
Anyway, i hope everyone is smiling and doing well. I am here, trying to learn, though i do tend to mostly lurk...hope no one minds.
Peace.

Mama to 3 boys 

#64 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 12:14 PM

Have you ever been half asleep and taken the thermometer out of your mouth before it was done? Ha. I did that this morning.

CD 53 and no O. FF had said before that I had ovulated, but I wasn't convinced. Then I continued to have creamy cf and had lots dips under the coverline so the crossharis eventually became dashed then went away.

~Amanda~ crunchy, foodie SAHM to DD 8/14/08
#65 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

lyterae ~ I'm confused as to why you think your temps are low. Do you mean for being post-O or overall or because your supposed post-O temps are hovering at your CL? According to FAM, post-O temps only have to be at the CL, although I think that's iffy when TTA. I still don't see a clear thermal shift and all your temps are on the high side for pre-O. Normal post-O temps are above 97.5 and normal pre-O temps are 97.5 or below. Or, is it pre-O are below 97.5 and post-O are 97.5 and above?. Either way, 97.5 is the normal or average dividing temp. The spotting on cd19 should be considered extremely fertile even without fertile CF, imo.

Can you not change the O detector if you don't have a VIP account?
When I say they are low I mean for being post-O (particularly if I compare to previous charts.) Normally my post-O temps are between 98.2-98.6. I don't know how normal it is for that to vary cycle to cycle though. Body changes make me feel like I'm post-O but because the thermal shift isn't clear I still hesitate to claim it.

You can change the O detector from Advanced to FAM, if you have VIP you also have the option of "Research". I was trying to get every opinion I could.

Congrats on getting your son ready for college! My little brother started college in fall and is prepping for his second semester. Kids really do grow up way too quickly.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#66 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 12:54 PM

so i think i officially started AF. was very messed up this month as i started spotting 7 days after i O'd. kinda scared me, took about 3 HPTs and all were negative.

New discovery about my cycle, I get migraines on CD1 now. Fun!

hope everyone else is having an easy time of it. I am going to the doctor this month, first time for me without being pregnant. Yay health insurance! so i may end up asking for non-hormonal BC options. I know the diaphragm is kind of old fashioned so i am not sure what fantastic medical science has gifted us in the last 5 years. i just dont want to deal with the worry every month.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#67 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Since I don't have much charting wise to discuss or ask about, I'm going to post some totally OT stuff. My dh is leaving tomorrow. On a good note, I'm about to have a child in college! I'm in a whirlwind. We went to the community college yesterday to inquire about applying for admission. I assumed it was too late to get into the spring semester since it starts this week and we hadn't done anything. Next thing I know they are telling us if he takes the placement tests by today, he can register for classes and start tomorrow.
Oh wow, lots going on in your world!! When does your dh come back again??

We are going through some stuff right now as well. Dh's work isn't paying him until 6 weeks after his last paycheck, instead of 4. We have less than $300 until Jan 28. Normally I could do that, it's hard, but can be done...but dh's car just broke down AND our dishwasher broke. Ds2 and ds3's birthdays are are at the first of February and I'm worried we won't be able to get them anything. Not to mention we just found out ds2 has pinworms and I had to buy some stuff for that. We have this new "regimen" to help treat the whole family (since it's so contagious) and it is wearing me thin. That much laundry for a family of 6!!! Not to mention the whole vacumming, mopping, showering and on and on...I'm having a hard time with it all and haven't even done school with the kids this week!! I have a headache too (for 2 days now) which could be PMS or stress who knows. I'm just ready for a break right now, for things to get back to normal. That's my whine for the day!

Ohhhh and I just thought of something else...I had 2 pairs of jeans because I didn't want to buy more until I lost the baby weight and one of them completely ripped down the middle the other day. So I have ONE pair of jeans and can't afford to buy any more for a few weeks. And Ollie decided to have a billion poopy diapers today and we're out of wipes...but dh has my car and I can't go anywhere to get any. That also means I'll be stuck in this house (in all it's pinworm glory lol) for weeks. *breathe* Okay I feel much better now. Carry on!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#68 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
hi. i am subbing to learn more about charting. i have been using FAM without charting for a long long time. but now i feel like it is really important to avoid for at least another year and i want to be a little more sure of things. What I have been doing is using a barrier or avoiding after about cd 8 until a couple days after i feel O (which i always do feel- its quite painful for me since i had my first baby). But I know I drop more than one egg on some months, and this seems to be sometimes on different days....so i really want to start charting so i can have a better picture of what is going on with my fertility, and hopefully avoid any more scary 2wws. I am also wondering if i will be able to use this information when we do ttc- so that i can avoid or possibly attempt conceiving twins....
Anyway, i hope everyone is smiling and doing well. I am here, trying to learn, though i do tend to mostly lurk...hope no one minds.
Peace.
Hi, and welcome!

How do you know that you drop more than one egg? That's really cool!! I'm not sure how you could use FAM to prevent/conceive twins as I didn't even know there was a way to tell if you drop more than one egg. Please do tell us how.

#69 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 03:03 PM

Ugh, I'm SO over my chart for this cycle. It's just making me mad at this point. I feel as though I already ovulated but I'm not getting a temp rise. My EWCF has gone away as well as my libido but no temp rise. GRRRRR.

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

I've decided to share the intercourse data since I usually end up telling you guys anyways. Before anyone starts to freak out, I have a method to how I enter DTD. AM=no W/D, PM=W/D and X=things other than intercourse .

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#70 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Tina ~ I agree with Shannon. Your thermal shift is very clear but I think O was cd15. The spotting on cd17 is way too early for implantation spotting. I'd be more inclined to say it was O spotting. Like O pain, that can happen before, during or after O. Especially with spotting, I think, it's normal for it to show up a day or 2 after the actual event because it may take a while for the blood to work it's way down and out.
The temp I have as cd14 is not real... Instead of temping at 5-5:30 I overslept until 7:30 and it was actually like 97.6-ish. It screws everything up. I think it was cd 15 too though. Ok, so it could be O spotting? Good to know. I don't know if I have ever had that before. So I should probably hold off on Dollar Tree (until Thursday). I'll try!

I can not imagine my sons going to college. Congrats, that's so exciting!

Gosh, Kimmie, you have a TON on your plate now as well! Hang in there!

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#71 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 03:56 PM

My period isn't due until tomorrow, my temp rose today to 98.0, and I'm spotting. What the heck? What do you think of this chart? This is such a bizarre luteal phase. Is it possible my cycle is changing again after birth? My son is nearly 6 months and for about 4 of those I have had a consistent 29 day cycle.

If my period were to start today, what would a temp rise mean?

Also, from day 25-29 my son was having very restless nights, he kept trying to crawl but got it down yesterday so last night was a very good night sleep wise for me.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#72 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 04:02 PM

MW- If I enter a temp for tomorrow as 97.4 (my average temp right now).... I get dotted cross hairs on FF. LOL I know sick huh? lol I know I haven't ovulated.. but I know its coming... I've been following rules but cervix is crazy high and soft almost gone atm... so I know O is coming....

Annie- are you nursing? I cannot 100% remember. You said before your hypothyroid.. maybe get lab work checked and make sure your meds aren't off.

Mama to a zoo!
#73 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueone View Post
My period isn't due until tomorrow, my temp rose today to 98.0, and I'm spotting. What the heck? What do you think of this chart? This is such a bizarre luteal phase. Is it possible my cycle is changing again after birth? My son is nearly 6 months and for about 4 of those I have had a consistent 29 day cycle.

If my period were to start today, what would a temp rise mean?

Also, from day 25-29 my son was having very restless nights, he kept trying to crawl but got it down yesterday so last night was a very good night sleep wise for me.
Do you not normally spot before AF? When did you DTD? Any chance of being pg?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#74 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnquia View Post
MW- If I enter a temp for tomorrow as 97.4 (my average temp right now).... I get dotted cross hairs on FF. LOL I know sick huh? lol I know I haven't ovulated.. but I know its coming... I've been following rules but cervix is crazy high and soft almost gone atm... so I know O is coming....

Annie- are you nursing? I cannot 100% remember. You said before your hypothyroid.. maybe get lab work checked and make sure your meds aren't off.
No, all of the kiddos listed in my siggie are stepkids. No babes for me. I guess if it keeps up, I need to go get my thyroid levels checked.

#75 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Do you not normally spot before AF? When did you DTD? Any chance of being pg?
No, don't spot in general. The condom slid off one time, not sure when though but it was in the semi fertile phase. I remember thinking that if I O'd on the 18th we'd be safe because it was on day 10, but I O'd on the 17th. I guess there is a chance a very slim one. But sperm don't live past 5 days, right? I hope I'm not. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Maybe he has super sperm or something. I really really hope not though.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#76 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 05:08 PM

Blueone ~ That is very confusing. First, I'd put your O day on cd18 with your CL at 97.8, which makes you 11dpo instead of 12. The problem with that is that beginning cd24 all your temps are below that CL until today. I wonder if it's possible you hadn't Oed at all yet. It's not normal to have so many consecutive below the CL after O. Which temps might be disturbed, cd25-29 or 12/25-29? I really don't know. Is it possible you haven't Oed at all yet? I had one cycle when I had several consecutive high temps and I was sure I Oed but never showed and I got BFNs on several hpts. Eventually, my temp dropped back down showing that I had not actually Oed and then I got a real thermal shift. Turns out some medication I had started taking caused the initial temp rise. If you did O around cd17-18 and cd10 is the only day you had a possible condom failure, I think highly unlikely you are pg. My temp doesn't always drop before . I think I've had a few times when it's gone up (at least one anov cycle) the day before showed.

tina ~ I don't think that cd14 temp would affect anything. Adjusted it would be about 97.2, right? Is that what you have in there? I closed your chart window and now I can't remember.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#77 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 05:44 PM

MarineWife, that is possible. I assumed the low temps were from very disturbed sleep. My son would wake at 2, then sleep very restlessly until 5 and so when I temped at 5 I hadn't really slept much since 2. I seem to be the type that have low temps when I have disturbed sleep.

But then it is highly possible I didn't ovulate after all. I'm thinking I have AF though and I hear that it can take multiple months for cycles to regulate and return to normal after having a baby. Since I didn't BF due to hypothyroid and low supply, along with a really bad LC and advice at the hospital I figured it'd return to normal faster.

I know my thyroid levels are still off too, I have to get the medication raised again.

#78 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 09:10 PM

Can't wait for to be over It seems to be getting heavier every cycle since I had the Mirena out. I guess in a way that is good since my body is repairing the lining of my uterus, right?

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#79 of 610 Old 01-05-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
Can't wait for to be over It seems to be getting heavier every cycle since I had the Mirena out. I guess in a way that is good since my body is repairing the lining of my uterus, right?
I got mine out in October and I've had two normal-ish cycles... I don't know if it is heavier or if I just can't remember back before the kids were born, but mine has been odd too. This month day 1 was super heavy, like the whole in one day! and then spotting right up to cd10. I also don't have EWCF, just white creamy cf that looks sort of like hair conditioner. I'm assuming in a few months we will normalize and our bodies will remember what they are supposed to do.

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#80 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
Ok, I think I've got everything updated! Please check your name listed on page one, and let me know if I need to add, remove, or change anything
Looks good but I'm still wondering what happened to the links.

ms.shell, welcome! I too am curious what info you have about whether to tell if/when you drop two eggs. I sometimes wonder if I do, because sometimes I have fertile CF the day after a small temp rise, then a bigger temp rise. But I'm totally making it up that that would be signs of ovulating more than one egg, I have no idea! So, do share. Or...I guess you said you feel O...do you just feel it on both sides some months? I don't feel mine.

Thinking about this more...if you can tell that way, how would you prevent or try for twins? Start DTD after you feel the first egg in an attempt to catch the second...? I'm at a total loss here and eager to know more.

AFM, here's my chart. I don't think I've ed yet after all. Hopefully my body was only momentarily sidetracked by getting that tummy bug and I will O in a few days. Definitely having fertile CF now.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#81 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 01:46 AM

I've been thoroughly confused about what's considered heavy vs. medium vs. light flow. I switched to pads after having ds2 when before I had exclusively used tampons. I don't know how the two are supposed to compare. The thing that throws me off trying to compare tampon to pad use is that I don't seem to lose much except when I use the toilet. Not much gets on my pad even though a lot comes out in the toilet. I think maybe I don't ever have what's considered a heavy flow. I've never had any complaints about having such a heavy flow that I had to change my tampon often. I don't recall needing to use the large/heavy tampons. Or maybe it's all relative and I should mark heavy for whatever is heavy for me.

On another note, I am now officially the parent of a college student!

#82 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 02:31 AM

MW-- I don't think I ever really have "heavy" either, but I mark it in relative to my cycle- my guess is that heavy for me is what's light for most, but I still mark it as heavy. I pretty much consider it a heavy day if I have to change my tampon sooner than the 7-8 hours. A medium day for me, I might use two tampons during the day, put a pantyliner on at night, and then like you said-- I don't notice anything until I use the washroom the first time in the morning, and then I start over with tampons. I thank my lucky stars I'm not one of the women that has to use super plus tampons and still change them every 2 hours.

Now what's that we were saying about this being the place for TMI? lol

AFM: I'm having trouble trying to decide what to mark today's CM as. I haven't really had any sensation, however I went to the washroom an hour ago, and deciding to try to check internally and got two separate small (large pea sized) gobs of... what had the appearance of creamy, but it had quite a bit of substance/shape to it. When I tried to stretch it, oneo f them *kind of* stretched, but barely 1/2 an inch, and the other just kind of did nothing. So I feel like i should mark it as EW, but it had none of the slippery texture I've seen before. Thoughts?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#83 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 03:55 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Mind if I join you ladies? I have been relying on Lactational ammenorhea since my little surprise was born, but my 6 mo are going to be up at the end of this month, and I need to have a plan in place. I really do not want to get pregnant again in the next couple of years. I have no sign of returning cycles/fertility yet, my babe is still ebf and definitely does not sleep through the night! I have no idea how many times he nurses at night, because I barely wake up for them anymore.

Anybody using fertility awareness with no cycles? What rules do you use? Do you temp, or just monitor cf? We used condoms during fertile times before I got pregnant. I really don't want to use them full time, but again, I'm kind of scared of getting pregnant right now.

I'm also wondering if the length of lactational ammenorhea runs in families. My sister ebf her babies and she went for a couple years before her cycle returned with each of hers.

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12
#84 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
AFM: I'm having trouble trying to decide what to mark today's CM as. I haven't really had any sensation, however I went to the washroom an hour ago, and deciding to try to check internally and got two separate small (large pea sized) gobs of... what had the appearance of creamy, but it had quite a bit of substance/shape to it. When I tried to stretch it, oneo f them *kind of* stretched, but barely 1/2 an inch, and the other just kind of did nothing. So I feel like i should mark it as EW, but it had none of the slippery texture I've seen before. Thoughts?
I would not mark that as EW. It sounds like it doesn't have any of the characteristics of EW, stretchy and/or slippery/lubricative. Also, you aren't supposed to switch between checking internally and externally in the same cycle. You are supposed to stick with what you started with.

Welcome, Angelorum. I think most people just track CF until they get their first PPAF. I don't know if LAM length runs in families, but it took about a year for my cycles to return after both ds2 and ds3.

#85 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

BFS: the links disappeared through copying and pasting. I feel like people are doing a pretty good job of copy/pasting links to their chart in their posts as needed...

Angelorum: Welcome! Would you like me to add you to the front page list of members? There are a few women on here waiting for their first PPAF. I think that most monitor their cervical fluid, use back up or abstinence when it is fertile, and don't start temping until their first period.

AFM: I changed that dubious EW day to creamy. And yesterday was just plain sticky. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/277407 So basically back to confusing. I started taking Maca yesterday, and it is supposed to take a few weeks to months to get into your system, so we'll see how that works.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#86 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 12:04 PM

Emily ~ Why did you choose maca over Vitex? I'm going to go the next 3 months completely drug and supplement free except for my regular vitamins. If things are wacky, or long or irregular, I'll probably try something about 3 months before dh is scheduled to return. I had heard of maca but haven't looked into it. I was planning to try Vitex. I'm also going to get The Infertility Cure as soon as finances allow it unless that book isn't good for recurrent miscarriage and there is something else that's better.

As to links to our charting pages, you can put it as your homepage on your profile on this website. That way anyone can access your chart from your username if they want. If you do that, I'd still appreciate it if we continued to put links in our posts when we are are discussing/asking specifics about our charts.

#87 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
Mind if I join you ladies? I have been relying on Lactational ammenorhea since my little surprise was born, but my 6 mo are going to be up at the end of this month, and I need to have a plan in place. I really do not want to get pregnant again in the next couple of years. I have no sign of returning cycles/fertility yet, my babe is still ebf and definitely does not sleep through the night! I have no idea how many times he nurses at night, because I barely wake up for them anymore.

Anybody using fertility awareness with no cycles? What rules do you use? Do you temp, or just monitor cf? We used condoms during fertile times before I got pregnant. I really don't want to use them full time, but again, I'm kind of scared of getting pregnant right now.

I'm also wondering if the length of lactational ammenorhea runs in families. My sister ebf her babies and she went for a couple years before her cycle returned with each of hers.
I'm not sure if it runs in families, but DS is 17 months and I'm still no sign of AF. We are just using condoms for now and will start charting once I get my first PPAF.

joy.giflurk.gif

#88 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Emily ~ Why did you choose maca over Vitex? I'm going to go the next 3 months completely drug and supplement free except for my regular vitamins. If things are wacky, or long or irregular, I'll probably try something about 3 months before dh is scheduled to return. I had heard of maca but haven't looked into it. I was planning to try Vitex. I'm also going to get The Infertility Cure as soon as finances allow it unless that book isn't good for recurrent miscarriage and there is something else that's better.

As to links to our charting pages, you can put it as your homepage on your profile on this website. That way anyone can access your chart from your username if they want. If you do that, I'd still appreciate it if we continued to put links in our posts when we are are discussing/asking specifics about our charts.
I chose the Maca because it supposedly helps to balance estrogen, and based on my low temps and copious CF, I figure that might be the problem. Vitex is very similar, but there are some cases of it preventing ovulation, and that's the last thing i need! And although Maca is not safe during pregnancy, either, it seems that it is less likely to cause a possible miscairrage when you discontinue it, sinc the Vitex bumps up your progesterone levels, and can cause them to drop when stopped (hence the recommended weaning from it after a BFP). Some people use Maca and Vitex simultaneously! So we'll see how my body reacts to the Maca. I'm not even sure if it will make a difference, but I'm running out of options, I feel like. Oh, I also liked the maca vs. the vitex because maca is considered a food, while Vitex is considered a medicinal herb.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#89 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I have a CF question. When I wiped, it felt kind of "glide-y" but not really slippery the way it is when you have lots of EWCF, you know? And I was able to pick up a little bit of the clear CF from the TP, like streth it 1/2 inch between the TP and my finger and it mostly just formed a very thin transparent sheet...once. There was absolutely no way I could get it to form again, and it soaked in pretty quick and I couldn't lift it off the TP at all. When I get EW, I REALLY get EW, inches of stretch, multiple times, and lots of the stuff. So what would you call what I had today?

#90 of 610 Old 01-06-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
Ok I have a CF question. When I wiped, it felt kind of "glide-y" but not really slippery the way it is when you have lots of EWCF, you know? And I was able to pick up a little bit of the clear CF from the TP, like streth it 1/2 inch between the TP and my finger and it mostly just formed a very thin transparent sheet...once. There was absolutely no way I could get it to form again, and it soaked in pretty quick and I couldn't lift it off the TP at all. When I get EW, I REALLY get EW, inches of stretch, multiple times, and lots of the stuff. So what would you call what I had today?
I would call it watery.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page