Forum Jump: 

#181 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
This is totally a BFN right?
Kimmie - right now it looks like a BFN, not guaranteeing it will always be the case. I don't see a line right now though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling "pregnant" this cycle.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#182 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I think that would be very appropriate if it weren't a BBT thermometer. I think it's safe to assume men wouldn't be using those kind.
Oh I realize it's a BBT therm. I was just saying that the default for this general variety of therm is orally or rectally (as opposed to in the ear, under the arm) because default is male and males don't have vaginae.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#183 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 07:24 PM

No kidding, i wonder if January has a higher CTA failure rate for some reason! Maybe the holidays have something to do with it. The next week has the potential to be more interesting than usual around here!

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#184 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 PM

Kimmie ~ Looks like a BFN to me. so far.

I gotcha, Eresh. Just trying to point out how even more ridiculous it is to default to the male position all the time.

Or the cold weather and being trapped indoors with not much to do leads to more pgs...hehe

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#185 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 07:34 PM

Okay I took it apart. I told you I can get obsessive. I really think I see something here!

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t.../hannah058.jpg

Inverted http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...annah058-1.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t.../hannah060.jpg

Inverted http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...annah060-1.jpg

Feel free to tell me I'm crazy and to wait a day or two. FTR, this was *not* FMU. Anybody have a photoshop?

Tinams- I don't know why but I *always* get pregnant around this time of year. I have babies from October (m/c) through March...never any other time. If I am pregnant I would be due at the end of September but I've never been less than 10 days late giving birth, so October! I think I read something once that said that certain women tend to give birth in the same months (fall or spring etc.)!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#186 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 07:46 PM

Um, Kimmie, I do see lines on both the regular pics you have there. Inverted pics always confuse me so I don't know what to say about those. Now the questions are, did that line show up within the time limit and does it have any color? If it's darker than before but was still there within the time limit, I'd call that a BFP. My BFPs always get darker as they dry.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#187 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 08:03 PM

I think I may see something but not sure. I think you may need to test with FMU tomorrow.

Loving DH geek.gif, raising DS1 learning.gif(01/08) and DS2 bfinfant.gif(10/10), caring for cat.gif x 3 .
#188 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 PM

Thanks everyone!

MarineWife- I PM'd Mae and she said it looks like the line that is supposed to be there. It doesn't really have much pink to it and I thought I saw something a few minutes after I took it but it did become darker as it dried. I am just going to try and wait another day or two. I wish I could order some cheap ones off the internet but unless they're coming from Texas, by the time they get here AF will already be here or I will have bought another one because I have no patience.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#189 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Soooo many updates today, so let's see how many I can remember.

Kimmie- I see BFN, yay! (... ok so this was after the first batch of photos- in the second... i feel like I could go either way. i think I see where the line "should be", what MW is seeing, but I'm not sure if I'm just seeing it because I want to see it...)

I too am in the camp where I hate condoms, like will avoid sex with them, however I *did* find that switching types helps immensely (though not so much that I will willingly use them...)

I'm finding now that we're on the verge of TTC, I'm leaning towards DTD not because I want to, but because I want to get pregnant, and I'm frustrating myself with that. I do want to be pg, but like MW said-- I don't want it to be a purposeful thing. I want to have sex for the sake of having sex, not be having it when I'm not in the mood simply because I'm fertile. le sigh.

DH does the same back and forth about wanting to start TTC or not, but I've starting being very firm with him and telling him he's not allowed to play with my emotions. He'll give me a hug and then pat my belly and do the cutesy 'oh hello baby', which is so cute-- but then it gets my hopes up, so I told him the last few times he's done something like that that he's not allowed to unless he means it. A woman's emotions run haywire enough as it is without that!!

MW- We have a similiar agreement, except I give DH more information. I keep him almost daily informed as to what's happening in the cycle, and then when we DTD if i think there's a chance I'm fertile I tell him once, and only once, that he should probably grab a condom. If he declines, then that's his decision. Often he'll ask before I get a chance to say anything, and I always tell him well I'm on CD X, so it's possible, but you make the decision. Sometimes he'll use backup, and sometimes he decides to leave it to chance, but I'm sure as heck not going to be the one to tell him to do something to prevent. I'd love to give him no information unless he asks for it, but I'm not sure he'd go for it, and seeing as this would be our first, and obviously a major life change, I'd feel bad singlehandedly making that decision.

Toolip-- I have that thermometer too, and I love it except that it's not backlit. I don't have a nightstand on my side of the bed, so I keep the thermometer under my pillow. I'm currently trying to find a little flashlight that I can keep under my pillow with it. Other than that, it seems to be accurate enough for me!

As for the method of temping, about 50% of the time I'm getting up just to temp, and then going back to bed, so I just pull the thermometer out from under the pillow, turn it on in the dark, put in mouth, wait for beep, turn it off, put back under the pillow. Then later on I grab the thermometer and take it to the computer and use the memory function to record my temp for that day. Seeing as I don't leave my bed, and I'm still asleep, I don't feel vaginal temping would be very practical!!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#190 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 08:55 PM

I can't see it but I am awful at that. I also didn't see a bfp for my two pregnancies until like 15-16 dpo so maybe I'm blind! Test again tomorrow though!!

I have never gotten pg this time of year, my kids are feb and april. apparently my body likes late winter. This is the month my obgyn told me to get pg though, as she ranted at me about how OLD I am and how I am high risk because of some health issues! It was the most agonizing and depressing appointment ever!

Tina
Mom to two boys, 2002 and 2004 and a bouncing baby due in June, 2012!    autismribbon.gif               jumpers.gif

#191 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 08:59 PM

To see the thermometer, I have a tiny tealight that is battery operated. Silly now that I think about it.

I realized today that the memory in my thermometer is stuck on 97.7. wtf.

Tina

#192 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 09:02 PM

Wow, tina! Time for a new OB/GYN? I saw one who tried to give me a hard time about not wanting BC even though I told her I wouldn't mind another baby and that breastfeeding is always bad when pregnant and blah, blah, blah. I never went back to her.

Kimmie ~ The 2nd pic looks like a real line to me. The first one is iffy. That being said, I've never seen an evap line in IRL so I wonder if they really occur. I've only been told about them.

#193 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 09:08 PM

I've had an evap before but only one a blue dye test. It was really dark for an evap too. Definitely wasn't pregnant though!

I'm going to test with FMU in the morning and see what happens. I still think it will be a bit too early to tell with $Tree, but I'm afraid I won't be able to wait until Tuesday and then wind up wasting it tomorrow afternoon. So might as well get it over with and use FMU. I only have one test left.

#194 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinams8 View Post
No kidding, i wonder if January has a higher CTA failure rate for some reason! Maybe the holidays have something to do with it. The next week has the potential to be more interesting than usual around here!
I think it might have something to do with more time at home.. We had a lot more "us" time over the holidays. It wasn't the daily "go to work, come home" repeat cycle. We could stick a movie on for dd and go "take a nap", etc..

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#195 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I've had an evap before but only one a blue dye test. It was really dark for an evap too. Definitely wasn't pregnant though!

I'm going to test with FMU in the morning and see what happens. I still think it will be a bit too early to tell with $Tree, but I'm afraid I won't be able to wait until Tuesday and then wind up wasting it tomorrow afternoon. So might as well get it over with and use FMU. I only have one test left.
I have photoshop, anything in particular I can do to help? I've not played with pregnancy tests in photoshop before.

#196 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
I have photoshop, anything in particular I can do to help? I've not played with pregnancy tests in photoshop before.
Thanks! I might need you in the morning when I post my new test.

#197 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Wow, tina! Time for a new OB/GYN?
Nah, she was right, I was being kind of a flake and saying we didn't know if we would ever have kids or not (still don't know!), and I am 35... and she doesn't know much about my health issues and they do sound fairly serious. She is also the high-risk doctor in the practice so it's her job to freak. They are actually very open-minded and it's five female drs and five midwives which is pretty cool. It's my first scary appointment with them after going through two babies so I'm over it.

Tina

#198 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 09:41 PM

I know you're not supposed to go back and check the tests but I did...and the line is MUCH more visible now. I don't even have to squint to see it. It's very very faint, but much more visible than more. EEk! I'm not posting in this thread again until morning after I take the next test. I will drive myself nuts. A movie with Dh and some Fro-Yo should do the trick to keep my mind off of it!

#199 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Okay I took it apart. I told you I can get obsessive. I really think I see something here!

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t.../hannah058.jpg

Inverted http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...annah058-1.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t.../hannah060.jpg

Inverted http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...annah060-1.jpg

Feel free to tell me I'm crazy and to wait a day or two. FTR, this was *not* FMU. Anybody have a photoshop?

Tinams- I don't know why but I *always* get pregnant around this time of year. I have babies from October (m/c) through March...never any other time. If I am pregnant I would be due at the end of September but I've never been less than 10 days late giving birth, so October! I think I read something once that said that certain women tend to give birth in the same months (fall or spring etc.)!
There's a line plain as day in the first pic. I don't really see anything in the second pic.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#200 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 10:43 PM

Kimmie - I really have a hard time with the line thing........I never KNEW it could be so faint! With my random cycles I usually either test super early OR I end up testing positive at like 5 weeks pregnant............and let me tell you - there is NO interpretation with THAT blaring line!

I think I might almost kind of miss that.........have a few extra weeks of being in the dark!

My suggestion would be to take a test first thing tomorrow morning and then make sure you only look at it until the 10 min are up! Evap lines are REAL and they SUCK!

AFM - My chart is weirding me out..........I think I do have a thyroid problem (keep in mind I am temping vaginally so that is why my temps are overall higher) but they started out high, got a little lower and I kind of got a few days of creamyish, but still mostly sticky CM. Nothing even in the wet range much less EWCF.
Last cycle my was sooo clear along with corresponding crystal clear and streeeeeetchy EWCF.
So my best guess is that I did not ............only time will tell! If I DID , then I am in serious trouble!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26af7e

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#201 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
So my best guess is that I did not ............only time will tell! If I DID , then I am in serious trouble!

but isn't that a decent thermal shift? If you didn't say that, I would have assumed you o'd... ? Are you interested in joining our new club, CTA and Obsess and Test?

Tina

#202 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 10:51 PM

Kimmie - I also always have kids around the same time!!!
I think Feb - Apr I am going to move out!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#203 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
but isn't that a decent thermal shift? If you didn't say that, I would have assumed you o'd... ? Are you interested in joining our new club, CTA and Obsess and Test?
It IS a decent thermal shift and if I even had a little bit of fertile CM I would be pretty convinced I O'd.......

Did you look at my previous chart? I started out temping orally and then I lost my therm - I found it again and that is when I starting temping vaginally.......my temps were MUCH lower pre-O and, like I said, I did have some very very clear EWCF - no mistaking it.

I am an obsesser and a tester. Last time at around day 11 of my luteal phase I started freaking out. I did hold off testing until 14DPO (only because I didn't have a test) and then I ended up spending the remaining time googling how likely it was to get a BFN at 14dpo and still be prego......

#204 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I NEED that club!!

#205 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 PM

I can tell you all I have a LOT of experience with faint BFPs. I've been taking hpts habitually since 2003. I could not even tell you how many I've used. I have never had an evap line. I have had several chem pgs, though, which is why I always lean toward a very faint BFP that ended in a chem pg rather than an evap line. I'm sure they do happen but it's hard for me to believe they happen as often as seems to be reported. Also, I've never used blue test because I've always heard bad things about them.

annie ~ I was going to ask when you switched to vag temping. If it was last cycle, then my idea doesn't apply. However, I still don't think your temps show a clear thermal shift until possibly after cd20.

AFM, I think I've had 2 days of sticky CF and today just a tiny bit of creamy. My CP was MMM today. I've stopped taking the metformin and am wondering if that's what helped me O earlier the last 2 cycles. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to O after the very early m/c and no meds. I did start drinking alfalfa tea yesterday because that's what I have. My herbal book says it can be a substitute for red clover for pre-pregnancy but it's not as effective. I just want to see if it seems to make a difference in anything. Of course, any changes could also be chalked up to PP normalization.

#206 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 11:41 PM

With DS I wasn't charting, but I tested I think 2 days before expected and got a faint (but clearly visible w/o too much squinting) line. At that point I just felt pregnant though I couldn't pinpoint why. It was also my first cycle w/o BC so maybe I just felt it all in my head

Oh, and I was going to say .. I test once more 3 days later and that was all the testing I did. Well, my once testing was dipping 3 different brands of hpts.

I think this time I may end up testing more. Maybe I should buy some $tree tests.

#207 of 610 Old 01-10-2010, 11:59 PM

Wow! This thread is really hopping today.

Kimmie, I see absolutely nothing. Of course, I can never see anything on those pics.

annie, I agree with you. I would not be confident of O at all.

I'll have to catch up more later. It's time to put DS to bed.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#208 of 610 Old 01-11-2010, 12:38 AM

MW - I did switch to temping vaginally last cycle when I started temping again after that long lull..............hope that makes sense!

I guess only time will tell................

#209 of 610 Old 01-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Banned

Wow, can believe what's gone on since I've been gone only a few days!

I'm really interested in the comparison of condoms and w/d. I finally talked DH into trying w/d tonight, and I hope he's sold. I HATE HATE HATE condoms, and I feel like they're ruining our sex life. I have no other options as I am opposed to hormonal methods on moral grounds and can't use diaphrams because I can't tolerate spermicide. Am I just too picky about this?

I wish I could talk DH into counting on FAM, but after 2 unplanned pregnancies (although I keep telling him that the first one was really and truly our fault), he has absolutely no faith in it. He doesn't want to go back to trusting it in any way shape or form until we are ready to conceive again, which is looking like July 2011. That's an awful lot of condoms.

We really were underinformed last time, and were using the wrong method for us. After learning so much here and reading, I am sure we could have prevented the last one if I'd known more and talked to someone who really knew their stuff (not that I would undo DD, obviously ). DH doesn't buy it. He thinks God is out to get us by sending us more kids than we can handle.

Anywho, done ranting now.
#210 of 610 Old 01-11-2010, 11:03 AM

ok...............so with this mornings temp I think I did in fact O.....................uh oh..........

So, I personally (especially with this morning temp and looking back over a few other things - including my almost non-existent CM) think I on CD20

Do you ladies agree with me? and secondly - how do I override such a thing?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page