Wanting But Waiting Tribe *2010* - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 387 Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, I think i should join

I'm a twenty one year old single mother of a eleven and a half month old baby boy. Ive always been one of those crazies that said I want 8 children, and I still do. Im not much of a christian, but i find the quiverfull movements amazing and would love to be able to swing that when I find my husband. I am going to college with 5 years still to come, I dont see me having children for another seven years, which seems like a terribly long time. For now I am just very careful and longing for the day where I can extend my family
StepMomSmith likes this.

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#362 of 387 Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM

Would love to be added to your list

Long-time lurker, and now (finally!) we feel like we are getting close to TTC. We've been waiting for well over 6 months....I honestly do NOT know how you ladies wait for years. I'm the least patient person I know!

I've been a nanny for 6 years, taking care of -- and falling in love with! -- all these other babies. I want my own, damnit! We've both been out of school for a couple years, we're in our mid-twenties, he has a great job, and we both want kids very much. We were waiting until we move back home (to Maryland...we're in NYC now) before trying, but we decided that since we will move in the next 8 months, he's pretty okay with starting to TTC in September. Here's hoping he doesn't back out

Good luck to all you gals. Have a great rest of the week!

Mac + Nick Expecting someone new in late June 2014.  Remembering our 3    1 * * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * *  40 * * 43
#363 of 387 Old 08-18-2010, 02:42 AM

I'll join the hopefully in 2011 list!

Similar story to many of you...

My husband (32) is currently in grad school until fall 2011 or spring 2012 and I would love him to be done with that stress before we add a big life change into the mix. We are in the middle of buying a house right now so that's a good step towards being ready to TTC#1. Also, DH definitely wants a dog more than a baby so that will hopefully happen this fall.

I am only 21 and we just married this June so everyone says we have plenty of time. But I've wanted to be a mom since I was 12! Growing up with a midwife mother and attending a few births with her kicked my hormones into high gear. As far as I'm concerned, I've already been waiting a long time.

HopefullyMama... I am in the same boat in terms of falling in love with the kids I nanny for. Congratulations for going for your own next month!

Love and strength to everyone!

love.gif
#364 of 387 Old 09-07-2010, 02:43 PM

Hi Everyone,
Heres my story;
When i first started dating my husband i got pregnant and i had a miscarriage, i was 19 he was 25. I wasn't very far along but i still have been aching to have a child since then.

Now we are married i am 23 and he is 29. I am currently not taking birth control but we are practicing the FAM method ( it is painful to know when i ovulate). He does not want a child right now.

Reasons we are holding off:
I will graduate nursing school in may 2011.
I believe it will be hard to find a nursing job while pregnant.
We both need new cars and are saving for down payments.
We live in a two bedroom condo and would like to start saving for a house
Life has been crazy for us. i work full time and go to school full time and we are on opposite shifts, we just got married. so it would be nice for each of use to just have a job -same shift and spend some time together.

Reasons I still think we should have one:
We have no debt(besides mortgage)
We have enough savings for one car payment now. will have enough for the second on in feb
We have plenty of room in the condo
I would be due after i graduate
I have a good job now so i could put off getting a new nursing job
We have an emergency fund and currently are able to live off of just his income
I want a baby now
Unfortunately my mother is disabled/ sick and may have a week to live or 10 years to live and i would love for me to be able to give her another grandchild(brother has 3 all over age 16))
I want to be a younger mom

My Husband is super money paranoid which is great in someways but i think we should just do it!

So my plan is maybe if we start trying in oct 2011(13 months) that will give us plenty of time to save up lots of money and start a new job. I am going to try to at least get a date out of him. also we would have may- oct to have us no other obligations time + while im pregnant. 13 months seems life forever hopefully he will agree and you ladies can help me get through the 13 months. ps alot of my friends are pregnant right now so that makes it super hard too
StepMomSmith likes this.
#365 of 387 Old 09-13-2010, 09:26 AM

Disreguard my previous post. I just had two positive pregnancy tests
StepMomSmith likes this.
#366 of 387 Old 09-13-2010, 04:31 PM

Congrats Day82110! That is sooo exciting!

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#367 of 387 Old 09-13-2010, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

YAY! Congrats!!!!
#368 of 387 Old 09-25-2010, 12:35 AM

thank you ladies!
#369 of 387 Old 10-10-2010, 01:32 AM

Can I join?

I'm 25 years old, married with three wonderful daughters, ages 5, 3 and 1. I'm desperately wanting another baby, but DH wants to wait. He has said he is possibly done and wants to move on to the next stage of our lives. We have very demanding careers. I'm hoping if he transfers to another position with his organization at the first of the year I can change his mind. I'm having a very hard time dealing with his constant "no" response as the baby just turned 1 and has started self-weaning.

I agreed to use birth control as I want us to both want the baby if one is conceived, even though I have infertility issues that has forced us to use Clomid or injections, or even a combination of both. Due to recent fertility concerns, I'm afraid I may never conceive again, which did initially spark my interest in having a fourth baby.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#370 of 387 Old 10-29-2010, 05:28 PM

Congratulations Day82110!

I am sooooo frustrated right now! I just turned 29 and I feel like my time is slipping away and DP and I are STILL not where I want to be to have a baby (mostly financially and job-security wise). The months just keep racing past! Also, we recently got engaged and are tentatively planning a wedding for next fall, which seems SOOOOOO far away right now, in terms of waiting until after the wedding to conceive. Not that we're super traditional or anything, but I don't really want to deal with the inevitable wedding stress while I'm growing another human in my body! I want so badly to be in a place where I can focus mainly on just being pregnant.
So.... I guess my first step here is to decide on a date for the wedding! Maybe we should try to do it sooner? It's not that I don't enjoy this child-free time in my life, because I really really do! I have LOTS of babies around me that I spend time with regularly....I'm just mainly worried about getting "old" and facing higher risks and possible infertility. The pressure is really getting to me!

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#371 of 387 Old 10-30-2010, 09:21 PM

I totally feel where you are coming from.

I recently had my annual pap and my new gyno gave me the "Do you want kids, because if you do, you dont have long to wait now that you are over 30" speech. I felt MORTIFIED. I mean, i know in some respects, she's right, but OMG, if things were stable DANG STRAIGHT ID BE POPPING BABIES OUT LEFT AND RIGHT BY NOW!!!

Sigh.

Everyone in my peer goup is either finding out they're pregnant or popping babies out. Hubby is out of work and seems to just be chillin (i mean, i know he's looking for work, but i sometimes feel like im the only one that has this sense of urgency).

I just dont know, im just trying to stay hopeful and calm, but that "talk" from my gyno just threw me for another loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeruby View Post
Congratulations Day82110!

I am sooooo frustrated right now! I just turned 29 and I feel like my time is slipping away and DP and I are STILL not where I want to be to have a baby (mostly financially and job-security wise). The months just keep racing past! Also, we recently got engaged and are tentatively planning a wedding for next fall, which seems SOOOOOO far away right now, in terms of waiting until after the wedding to conceive. Not that we're super traditional or anything, but I don't really want to deal with the inevitable wedding stress while I'm growing another human in my body! I want so badly to be in a place where I can focus mainly on just being pregnant.
So.... I guess my first step here is to decide on a date for the wedding! Maybe we should try to do it sooner? It's not that I don't enjoy this child-free time in my life, because I really really do! I have LOTS of babies around me that I spend time with regularly....I'm just mainly worried about getting "old" and facing higher risks and possible infertility. The pressure is really getting to me!

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#372 of 387 Old 11-08-2010, 01:55 PM

Can I join too? I sent a PM

Hubby and I plan to start trying in May 2011, 6 months away! That is when my pill prescription runs out. I will be 27 in 2 days. We are finally feeling secure financially, a big thing for us is that we have always wanted me to be a SAHM so we had to make sure my hubby's company was up and rolling before trying. We had a great year last year, and I got laid off a few months ago from my full time job so we decided to try out just us living off his income. I have always done his books for him (works out to be a part time jobs hours for me) so I still do that, and we are doing just fine living off our company income alone and business has been increasing. So we are finally going to start trying this spring! Hurray!

I'm not sure how I am going to last the next 6 months before we start trying LOL!
#373 of 387 Old 11-08-2010, 10:44 PM

I'd love to be added. Dh and I agreed to not start TTC until April/May of 2011. I am more than fine with this date. Though I would prefer March...I'd love a Christmas baby! If he had his way we'd wait until July (when he finds out whether his contract is renewed or not). I really want to have had my first three children by the time I am 30, though, so we want to get started ASAP! We use NFP so there is a chance of an "oops" baby, but we are pretty careful.

I am really starting to want a baby, like so bad. I stalk the DDC forums like a freak. The only thing I really need to do to prepare is to lose 20 lbs (I'm not overweight, but very close to it). I don't want to pack on 25 more and then have to deal with losing 30+ pounds after my next pregnancy. Now if only I could get motivated...

Glad to be here!

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#374 of 387 Old 11-11-2010, 02:01 PM

Hi Mamas and Mamas to be!

Can I join in?

DH and I just had a sit-down last night and I finally got him to say that he will consider another child and we agreed that we can start trying Spring/Summer 2012.  I have plans to bump up that timeline if possible but I basking in the glory of getting DH to agree that we need another child.

(OT question...why does it go to double spacing when I insert a smilie?)

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and I'm happy to find a place on MDC.

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#375 of 387 Old 11-18-2010, 12:37 PM

So now that DH and I had the talk about another child and he agreed we could try in 2012, I can't wait.  I had a dream last night that I was O'ing (which IRL I probably did) and DH wouldn't DTD with me so I was running around looking for someone to knock me up.  I really hope that this doesn't happen every month for the next 1.5 years.  I know that I couldn't handle another pregnancy or babe with DS's personality at this point.  BUT...I want a baby. Now. 

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#376 of 387 Old 11-20-2010, 09:04 AM

sadly i am back on this thread i had a miscarriage. My husband is okay with trying now but per the doctor i have to wait three full cycles, yuck! I wouldn't mind a christmas baby so that would be march 2011 to try, but i am debating do i got back to my orginal timeline in october? Everyone is having babys around me! I cant stand it. My husbands best friend is trying for their second child in april.  they also are our neighbors. i dont know if i can last until october watching her be pregnant. it is such a tough decision.

#377 of 387 Old 11-22-2010, 10:17 AM

I'm so sorry Day.  Take some time for yourself before you jump into any decisions.  Not to be nosy, but this is your first miscarriage, right?  I think that it depends on the doctor, but some tell you that you can start trying as soon as your cycle returns to normal if you are mentally prepared.  I think that the wait 3 months approach is a little out-dated and old-fashioned IF you are healthy and mentally ready.  I think that there is also some evidence that you are more fertile after a miscarriage.  I'm not claiming to know better than your doctor but I think you should do a little research or reading if you and DH are both ready to try right away.  I know that it's tempting to plan, plan, plan for a baby but I think that most of the time, our bodies and the spirits of our babies have a much different timeline in mind.  hug2.gif

#378 of 387 Old 11-22-2010, 06:55 PM

Thanks I definately will do some research like i do with everything else so i might as well. Unfortunatly it is my second one, but i believe the first one was because i had just stopped birth control the month before and my body wasen't ready. This time i had a irregular sac and a subchornic hematoma.

#379 of 387 Old 12-10-2010, 01:09 PM

I'd like to join this thread - my husband just recently told me that he's done.  It's very heartbreaking to hear this, since I NEVER thought we'd only have one child.  I don't think there's much I can do to change his mind at this point, but I'm certainly hoping :).  We'll be moving soon, so I'm not going to push it until after we're moved and settled at least.  I know in my heart, that our family really isn't complete, so this is definitely a test of my patience since there's no end in sight. 

#380 of 387 Old 12-10-2010, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Hey all, 

I will be looking for someone to take over this running this thread in the new year. So if anyone would be interested please let me know :)

Thanks

#381 of 387 Old 12-28-2010, 02:13 PM

I do want kids and my husband and I want to pay off our debt first and I love going home to Netflix and quiet time... how do I know it's the right time?  I'm overthinking this for sure but I don't want to get pregnant and then wish I waited... but I don't want to wait until I'm in my 30's either.

champagne.gif Advice from your friendly newlywed and aspiring parent.  Cheers to family planning! 
Family = me + husband + step daughter 2twins.gif
#382 of 387 Old 12-28-2010, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I want to be added to the list! We're looking to start trying August 2011 so that I'll be between school semesters when he/she is born.

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#383 of 387 Old 12-29-2010, 02:06 PM

I would like to be added to this list.  We recently decided to have a baby #4, and I would love to start trying right away but we've decided to be sensible and wait until summer to TTC.  I am the breadwinner and waiting will double the amount of time I can take off after the baby is born, which is a very big deal!  I also would rather not be hugely pregnant during the late summer months again, and I'd rather not have an itty bitty baby when it's nasty and cold outside.  So we're waiting until June in hopes that we'll have a baby sometime between March and August of 2012.  Glad to have found this tribe!

wife to my  love.gif, mom toenergy.gif, blahblah.gif, jog.gif, and 3rdtri.gif ! a person is a person, no matter how small.

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35stork-girl.gif***40*

#384 of 387 Old 12-29-2010, 02:32 PM

Ok, I'm going to give in and join too. DH has wanted a #3 ever since, well, before we were married I guess. I thought I was done after my second dd was born 4 years ago, but it turns out I'm not. 

We are going to have to wait until at least spring time. I'd love to just go ahead and start now, but I  graduate from nursing school in May and I'd prefer not to suffer through morning (all day) sickness and practicum at the same time. 

ETA I'm going back to my original MDC user name of  'sogriffin' and this user name is going to be deleted. Thanks!

#385 of 387 Old 12-29-2010, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all, still looking for someone to start the new list for next year. My circumstances at the moment I am not going to be able to do it. So please PM me if you think you could take over! Thanks :)

#386 of 387 Old 01-02-2011, 09:49 PM

Hi mamas!  I won't post much here as a new 2011 thread should be started soon, but I'd like to join. I've been bumping around MDC lately trying to find my place. Spent some time with Nursing mamas TTC and the Whatevering thread. . .but then I spent some time soul-searching and decided that I really didn't want to be pg again till DS was 2 (or nearly 2).

DH is ready for #2 (and has been since our first was born!) and I have been having some serious baby-lust since DS turned 1.  But in the end, my BFing relationship is too hard-won and too important to jeopardize.  There are other reasons to wait (and of course I still really want to see that BFP), but the BFing really trumps all for me. 

So I am wanting but waiting till later in 2011. 

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#387 of 387 Old 01-04-2011, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello ~ I started the new thread for 2011 heresmile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page