Mothering Forum banner

Wanting But Waiting Tribe *2010*

24K views 386 replies 89 participants last post by  Mulvah 
#1 ·
This tribe is for those of us who are longing for a baby right now but, for whatever reason, are waiting to try for one. This is the place to go for support from others in the same boat.

Please PM me to be added, removed, or have your information changed. Make sure to include what year you would like to be listed under if you are requesting to be added or moved. Thanks!

Wanting but Waiting until later in 2010!:
AFWife
BHappy *
BirthMomMom
Blanca78
Brown Lioness *
CarsonBookworm - mid to late 2010
cmarie - July
Crafty
CrunchyDoula
DanielleBlueToo
earth-mama - spring
elonwy - late 2010
ema-adama
Eresh - January
firespiritmelody - January
gringuitica - mid to late 2010
jeninejessica
Jennifer3141
Jenniferadurham- Aug/Sep
karkli - April or May
KBL7 - fall
knittinanny
lakeruby *
Leaveit2Beeker- June/July
LitMama - early 2010
MaerynPearl - July
Maine Mama Doula - December or January 2011
Mamabear<3 *
mamalove1 - spring
MovingMomma - sometime in Feb-June
Nerdymom- November *
Neuromancer - spring/summer *
nia82 - February or March
nicolelynn - January
NikkiTwist - October
Owachi
sarah_bella1050 - fall
Say - May
sewcool
SimplyRochelle - fall
Sol_y_Paz
Tara2 - May-October
tmwmommy- September
wateraddict
weliveintheforest- May

Wanting but Waiting until 2011!:
Alicewyf- April/May *
Baby_Cakes
BettinAuSucre
Cowgurly02- May *
Deefodil - early 2011
dsaucone - April
First Time Mama - January
HerbanGirl *
kriket - summer
maia.springgoddess*
MommatoAandA *
Momtomy3boys
M.Q.
PinkGeek *
Sk8termaiden- January
Skrimpy
slave2myprincess - winter

Wanting But Waiting Until 2012....

Dicksonley- Spring/Summer *
nemrac917

Just Wanting but waiting (a little bit longer)...
ananas
anjelika
Ardor
CarricksMom
Chloe2326
doulajewla
fresh_veggie
granola_mom
habitat
heidirk
Hellga
jaxxy
Jen1977

JHopesMomma *
kangamitroo
Kapatasana
Lyterae *
Magelet *
MarineMommy
natural_mama89
newmommy27
Oriole
pixiekisses
RoseRedHoofbeats
sarahdavida *
shanna-cat
sleepingbeauty
SomedayMaybe3
sparklett
TreeGardner
tutucrazy
VK1987 *
wholewheatchick

See less See more
#302 ·

Can I join please?!

This is exactly where I need to be. DD is 10 months old and DS will be 3 this fall and I am already itching terribly for another baby. I finally spoke to DH about it yesterday and he is on board but thinks we need to wait AT LEAST a few months, if not longer. Ugh!! It will be so hard. Even though DD is breastfed, AF returned when I was about 6 months PP and ever since then I have been secretly hoping for an oops... DH and I are both really bad about using birth control or heeding my chart.

I think the biggest reason we are waiting is that going from 2 to 3 children changes so much of the family dynamic - its no longer a tag-team situation - with 3 they can gang up on you!!! That, and the auto situation. We can't really afford a new car and we would really need a minivan if we have another.

Sigh... I would have a baby every year if we could afford it!

#303 ·
wow i didn't realize how many ladies hoped for an oops...that's how i was for our second...now i have no chance since i'm on mirena
Good to know i wasn't the only one hoping for an oops tho lol...

my best friend is hoping for an oops. her man says he doesnt want kids right now but if they had an oops he'd be fine...it seems that some guys just want the decision to be made for them? not all guys but some

#304 ·
Tracy- Our kids are similar ages!
Is your 3 year old going to attend preschool this fall? My 3 year old wass 3 in April, my little one is in July. Both me and my partner want a new little one so I understand your situation.

So I am on the Depo shot right now, which I HATE. I know how awful it is for me too. I am super fertile though and I cannot get pregnant right now. So I am thinking of going back on the pill, which I liked better.

we, by all rights cannot try until fall of 11...

#305 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SomedayMaybe3 View Post
wow i didn't realize how many ladies hoped for an oops...that's how i was for our second...now i have no chance since i'm on mirena
Good to know i wasn't the only one hoping for an oops tho lol...

my best friend is hoping for an oops. her man says he doesnt want kids right now but if they had an oops he'd be fine...it seems that some guys just want the decision to be made for them? not all guys but some
It definitely is interesting, the "oops" dynamic. My husband and I did NOT want an "oops," because we wanted to plan and be prepared, but then I missed my period for 2 months mysteriously (no other symptoms). When I finally tested and got the negative result we were still both a little disappointed. Even though we claimed we didn't want an unplanned pregnancy!
There's something refreshing about having the choice taken out of your hands (though, of course, you still have a choice to continue or not continue with the pregnancy).

#306 ·
MommatoAandA - I am thinking of homeschooling but haven't totally made up my mind yet. The preschool I want him to go to costs $9,000 for 2 days a week
so we are not sure what to do!!!

I feel so silly having a 10 month old baby and wanting another one. Everyone looks at me like I have 2 heads when I say I am ready again. I am 36 years old and want to have as many babies as I can (physically and financially) before I get too tired!

I have to say that an oops sounds pretty good right about now... DH and I have agreed that we are going to let nature take its course but *try* to consciously avoid during the O time. We aren't very good about birth control so it will be interesting to see what happens...

#307 ·
I think my hubby secretly wants an oops, because its all he's ever known...we've never met anyone who ACTIVELY TTC IRL. It really is refreshing to him that the decision would be taken out of our hands and then he'd get the chance to "man up" and handle his business. I dunno, its weird because he is SUCH a planner in all other things, lol. So, we are planning, but yea, i think he'd wish we didnt have to think so hard about it.

Hubby and i had an interesting mini-convo today about future permanent birth control after we're done having kids and according to him, he doesn't feel we need that. He figures that we'd take as many kids as they come until menopause sets in, lol. I looked at him like he had two heads, but then i thought it was sweet. I cant tell how much thought he's given to that notion, but LAWD, how many kids does this dude want now!? We agreed on 3 to 4 but i could be fertile for the next 15 to 20 years for all i know! lol I think what he meant was that condoms have done pretty well for us up to this point and after we're done, we'd probably work with them again as we're comfortable.

Anyway, it felt good having a convo like that with him tho. We're working hard on the last leg of our "we'll feel comfortable TTCing when..." plan.

#308 ·
I'm not entirely sure we're waiting anymore... we went away for the weekend to a beautiful lake. My sister and cousin were both there with their babies. I had some wine... and it seemed like a good idea to just start trying NOW. I think SO figures it's a done deal, no 'trying' necessary. I don't know what the deal is going to be next time we DTD...

#309 ·
Oh Lord, mamas, baby fever has hit me HARD!!! My daughter is 19 months, which would give us decent spacing between babies, but....I don't know, I'm not sure if I'm ready or not! We had been thinking of 3 - 3.5 years between kids, so I'm trying to stick to that and just enjoy my sweet girl as she grows. But the desire is there, and it's so hard to ignore! Anyway, I just wanted to post on here, because I know ya'll understand!

#310 ·
BirdieB, TRUST WE understand right where you are coming from!, lol. I am literally SURROUNDED by pregnant women, SURROUNDED you hear me!? lol

I feel like running, screaming for the hills for shelter before the babies come raining down on my head here soon, lol. My ovaries wont be able to take the cuteness! AAAACK! LOL!

#311 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
Oh Lord, mamas, baby fever has hit me HARD!!! My daughter is 19 months, which would give us decent spacing between babies, but....I don't know, I'm not sure if I'm ready or not! We had been thinking of 3 - 3.5 years between kids, so I'm trying to stick to that and just enjoy my sweet girl as she grows. But the desire is there, and it's so hard to ignore! Anyway, I just wanted to post on here, because I know ya'll understand!
My DD is 20 months! I feel the same way. Originally DH and I were totally going to have at least 3 years b/w kiddos, but now I'm feeling more like Nora will be 2.5 or 3 when we have another. I mean, even if I were to get pg NOW this cycle, she will be 2.5 when the new baby comes. Maybe waiting another 6 months is doable? Then there will be 3 years and ppl won't be all "OMG!!!1 why are they so close together!"

Though -- I was just saying yesterday, that b/w Nora's tantrums from hell and having some trouble weaning/nursing...I'm not sure I'm all that ready after all. My patience is wearing so thin lately I wonder if I'm cut out to mother another, afterall.

#312 ·
Well, I think my current oops hopes are gone. I have been using OPKs (mostly to predict AF, also to hope for oopses) and while I think I should have O'd a week ago, the OPK was only half dark enough then but this morning it was darker than last week. Still not as dark as the control line, but definitely darker.

I'm guessing at this point that I'm ramping up to O soon and unless things go how I hope, AF will be later than I was hoping (unfortunately right when I am at the beach.) I'll be taking another one tonight, and since FMU isn't actually recommended for OPK, it might be fully dark when I get home.

#313 ·
well ladies...i've een giving up hope for a third...i will be done with school in 4 years but then what about my career that i went to school for? i'll be a dietitian and will have to travel some to keep up credits for my license....that really leaves me no time for a new baby
it makes me really sad but i still know that four years is a long time and things could change...it makes me so sad but atleast i have my two lovely babies right now
i just need to enjoy them and stop thinking of what's next:/

#314 ·
It's been pretty quiet around here recently, I hope everyone is doing well.

I just found out that another friend of mine/former coworker and his wife are expecting. I am not really in touch much with him b/c he and DH don't get along, but we work for the same company at different sites and have a number of mutual friends. It's not going to be something that I don't hear about regularly. I'm happy for them - I know he's wanted kids (she was actually the one on the fence about it) - but I can't help but be jealous. I wonder how DH will react when I tell him...it could be so what, or maybe it will be a kick in the butt.

Like I posted on my gmail status this morning: sigh. someday.

I am so confused with my OPK results, too. It was halfway dark on June 1, then white again for a few days after that, then almost as dark as the control line on the morning of the 8th, but then white again that night. I'm thinking that I may have a short surge and that maybe I missed it the night of the 7th. We aren't TTC, but I figure OPKs will help me figure out my LP and when AF should rear her ugly head. Also, then I'll know my cycle when I get the ok from DH.

#315 ·
Hey all. Checking in. How's everyone ? First day of summer here... yayyyyy....

I am 10dpo today. Didn't temp this morning. Yesterday my temp took a jump!
The night before last, I woke at midnight and had a freakout because I just know I am pregnant. I am super anxious about breaking the news to Dh. I tend to take on all the responsibility for birth control. It isn't right for me to do that. I don't have all the control, nor all the right answers. I am working on not seeing it like that, because I think in doing so, I ask to be held responsible, and that leads to Dh holding me responsible (and to blaming or resenting, in the case of an unplanned pregnancy). I hope I am being clear. It feels hard to explain in writing.

if you'd like to follow: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/27628e

My LP is usually 12 days, so just a bit longer to wait and see what's in store. I feel like I already know, and will be surprised now if I am not pregnant. Amazing.

xxo

#316 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BHappy View Post
Hey all. Checking in. How's everyone ? First day of summer here... yayyyyy....

I am 10dpo today. Didn't temp this morning. Yesterday my temp took a jump!
The night before last, I woke at midnight and had a freakout because I just know I am pregnant. I am super anxious about breaking the news to Dh. I tend to take on all the responsibility for birth control. It isn't right for me to do that. I don't have all the control, nor all the right answers. I am working on not seeing it like that, because I think in doing so, I ask to be held responsible, and that leads to Dh holding me responsible (and to blaming or resenting, in the case of an unplanned pregnancy). I hope I am being clear. It feels hard to explain in writing.

if you'd like to follow: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/27628e

My LP is usually 12 days, so just a bit longer to wait and see what's in store. I feel like I already know, and will be surprised now if I am not pregnant. Amazing.

xxo

Was the BD on day 16 protected? It looks like your only possibility for days that could result in pregnancy.

#317 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lyterae View Post

Was the BD on day 16 protected? It looks like your only possibility for days that could result in pregnancy.
It was unprotected. I never thought I would O so late...DH was on a trip and came back that day. I know. One time.

Thanks for the hug.

xxo

#318 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BHappy View Post
It was unprotected. I never thought I would O so late...DH was on a trip and came back that day. I know. One time.

Thanks for the hug.

xxo
I can fully relate, I'm in the TWW myself this month. DH and I were getting antsy because I hadn't ovulated yet... I ovulated on CD39, and BD the two days before that.

I would LOVE a baby, DH and I both discussed beforehand that I had no idea if/when I would O. I don't want our fertility/pregnancies to fall on my shoulders exclusively. He is open to a pregnancy if it's not on purpose, but we can't try for a baby...

#319 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Lioness View Post
BirdieB, TRUST WE understand right where you are coming from!, lol. I am literally SURROUNDED by pregnant women, SURROUNDED you hear me!? lol

I feel like running, screaming for the hills for shelter before the babies come raining down on my head here soon, lol. My ovaries wont be able to take the cuteness!
yup

#320 ·
Hey ladies.

Today is a rough day. My 3 year old had her second night of panty wearing, slept 10 hours and woke up dry. She is potty trained. Im sooo happy but it is bittersweet. She will be attending preschool this fall and I just can barely believe it. My baby is almost 1. Only 1 and a half more months.

We decided to stay in our current apartment and renovate it. DP wants to get a puppy. SIGHHHHH. I do too, but I really want another BABY. LOL If I hadnt been attempting nursing school for so long, I would throw caution to the wind and say lets make a baby, but that just can't happen. My 3 best friends are all pregnant right now. I just want a baby sooooo badly. I really am not going to be able to try till October of 2011.... Seems like forever.

Someday- I feel like that a lot. Its like if I get pregnant right after I get my nursing certificate, then I have to deal with starting a new career pregnant. The only silver lining is that by then, hopefully I will still be at my current job and they will give me a position as an LPN because I have proved myself. Even then, I will have to cut down to extreme part time for a while.... It almost seems as though I may have to wait till both my girls are in school, so 4 more years! YIKES. (((HUGS)))

Anyway, I hope everyone is well.

#321 ·
I DONT WANT TO WAIIIIT.. HAHA, my whine for the day.

Me and DP talked it over today and we both just are crawling out of our skin wanting a new baby. So, we talked about trying in March 2011. Which is less than a year away. I would just be 3 months into the nursing program, but it would leave me enough time to finish the program if I got pregnant RIGHT away. We are still thinking it over. I am off the depo and on the pill as of tomorrow, then I can just stop them at any time to start charting to see where my fertility is at.

#322 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommatoAandA View Post
Its like if I get pregnant right after I get my nursing certificate, then I have to deal with starting a new career pregnant.
My SIL went through the last part of nursing school pregnant and then with a newborn, and then accidentally got pregnant again right as she started her new job as a telemetry nurse. Not the best situation- with the first babe she had literally zero time off (she went back to school just 3 days after a c-section) becuase she had to go to school and with the second babe she only was able to take 5 weeks off. Although it wasn't optimal, it all worked out in the end and everyone is fine. It worked out just fine for her family. People do what they gotta do, right?

The situation I described above is too chaotic for me, so we're waiting until next summer to start trying for another babe. It's been soooooo hard and heartbreaking to have to wait, but it's for the best- I'll be able to be a SAHM again while DS works, and that is optimal for us. I couldn't dream of going back to work with an infant at home.

By the time our next babe comes along, I will have waited five years between babies and I'll be 35 years old! But it will be worth the wait, and waiting is what's best for us right now

#323 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sparklett View Post
By the time our next babe comes along, I will have waited five years between babies and I'll be 35 years old! But it will be worth the wait, and waiting is what's best for us right now

Have you been ready all this time?! OMG, I couldn't do it. You are so strong to have held out this long w/o going completely nutso!

Not that we're being super careful this cycle, but honestly I feel like waiting is better for everyone involved (including myself). I don't like admitting that! Ugh! But really -- I don't want to buy a new car, I don't really want a double stroller, and I do want a break from nursing before getting pg again. It's all about what you want to do and what you can sacrifice/handle.

#324 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Have you been ready all this time?! OMG, I couldn't do it. You are so strong to have held out this long w/o going completely nutso!
Ha ha ha! Who says I'm NOT completely nutso?
Just kidding. Really, it's hard and I'm sometimes pretty emotional over it, but that's just life. I'm proud of the choices I've made for my family, so it's all good. And besides, my best friend is expecting twins in November and I'm riding her coattails through the whole thing. I'll tell ya, buying clothes for twins is just about the funnest thing ever!!

#325 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sparklett View Post
My SIL went through the last part of nursing school pregnant and then with a newborn, and then accidentally got pregnant again right as she started her new job as a telemetry nurse. Not the best situation- with the first babe she had literally zero time off (she went back to school just 3 days after a c-section) becuase she had to go to school and with the second babe she only was able to take 5 weeks off. Although it wasn't optimal, it all worked out in the end and everyone is fine. It worked out just fine for her family. People do what they gotta do, right?

The situation I described above is too chaotic for me, so we're waiting until next summer to start trying for another babe. It's been soooooo hard and heartbreaking to have to wait, but it's for the best- I'll be able to be a SAHM again while DS works, and that is optimal for us. I couldn't dream of going back to work with an infant at home.

Well, I would be due after my class ends (even if I got pregnant on the first try). I will have been at my job for over a year and have paid into short term disability and have PTO saved too, so i would be able to take 12 weeks. I also think I could go part time upon going back until the babe was 6 months (my DP makes a fantastic salary and could support us without me working) We also work opposing shifts with an overlap of only 3 hours so I would only need a sitter for those 3 hours a few times a week for work. I already work in the healthcare field as a CNA, and even after getting my nursing certificate I can still work as a CNA for a while until I am ready to take on the nursing thing.

I understand that things may not totally work out the way I plan, but I did have 2 really great and pretty uneventful pregnancies. I guess its really all about considering what it is I realllly want.
I think after I get into the nursing program I can assess better.. HEE HEE But the idea sure keeps me sane for right now! HAHA

I started my birth control pills today. I hope my period comes back this month. I havent seen AF in a while and I miss the old hag. HAHAHA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.