Wanting But Waiting Tribe *2010* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 387 Old 01-03-2010, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This tribe is for those of us who are longing for a baby right now but, for whatever reason, are waiting to try for one. This is the place to go for support from others in the same boat.

Please PM me to be added, removed, or have your information changed. Make sure to include what year you would like to be listed under if you are requesting to be added or moved. Thanks!

Wanting but Waiting until later in 2010!:
AFWife
BHappy *
BirthMomMom
Blanca78
Brown Lioness *
CarsonBookworm - mid to late 2010
cmarie - July
Crafty
CrunchyDoula
DanielleBlueToo
earth-mama - spring
elonwy - late 2010
ema-adama
Eresh - January
firespiritmelody - January
gringuitica - mid to late 2010
jeninejessica
Jennifer3141
Jenniferadurham- Aug/Sep
karkli - April or May
KBL7 - fall
knittinanny
lakeruby *
Leaveit2Beeker- June/July
LitMama - early 2010
MaerynPearl - July
Maine Mama Doula - December or January 2011
Mamabear<3 *
mamalove1 - spring
MovingMomma - sometime in Feb-June
Nerdymom- November *
Neuromancer - spring/summer *
nia82 - February or March
nicolelynn - January
NikkiTwist - October
Owachi
sarah_bella1050 - fall
Say - May
sewcool
SimplyRochelle - fall
Sol_y_Paz
Tara2 - May-October
tmwmommy- September
wateraddict
weliveintheforest- May

Wanting but Waiting until 2011!:
Alicewyf- April/May *
Baby_Cakes
BettinAuSucre
Cowgurly02- May *
Deefodil - early 2011
dsaucone - April
First Time Mama - January
HerbanGirl *
kriket - summer
maia.springgoddess*
MommatoAandA *
Momtomy3boys
M.Q.
PinkGeek *
Sk8termaiden- January
Skrimpy
slave2myprincess - winter

Wanting But Waiting Until 2012....

Dicksonley- Spring/Summer *
nemrac917

Just Wanting but waiting (a little bit longer)...
ananas
anjelika
Ardor
CarricksMom
Chloe2326
doulajewla
fresh_veggie
granola_mom
habitat
heidirk
Hellga
jaxxy
Jen1977

JHopesMomma *
kangamitroo
Kapatasana
Lyterae *
Magelet *
MarineMommy
natural_mama89
newmommy27
Oriole
pixiekisses
RoseRedHoofbeats
sarahdavida *
shanna-cat
sleepingbeauty
SomedayMaybe3
sparklett
TreeGardner
tutucrazy
VK1987 *
wholewheatchick

#2 of 387 Old 01-03-2010, 01:17 AM

Yay! Thanks Logan! I was so excited to find this tribe. I only wish I'd found it a couple of years ago.

Ru , wife to DH . Astin (4/26/10) & Ember (5/19/10).
I have lost my dreams--Dar Williams
#3 of 387 Old 01-03-2010, 01:13 PM

Moving over!

Mother Cake, thanks for your comments in the other thread. I have watched my friend go through having her first without much preparation at all, and she has a great mothering relationship with her beautiful (inside and out), smart 17-month-old daughter. Things have been hard, especially negotiating schedule and child care and duties with her husband, but I am probably over-thinking and over-reading and worrying too much in advance. I can't be as prepared as I'd like to be, because there will always be variables and surprises, so I should probably just get to a reasonable point and say, "Go!"

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#4 of 387 Old 01-03-2010, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Logan - Thanks for taking over the new thread!

I'm still here. We're technically not avoiding and not trying this month, but I'm spending lots of time in the TTC forum because our last two pgs were unplanned and I'd like to get to feel like we're trying for once

Lots of patience dust to those waiting, especially those of you with long waits ahead of you When DH and I got married, we planned to wait until 2010 to try for #1. Obviously, we weren't strong enough to wait that long I admire those of you who are. I know it's not easy

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#5 of 387 Old 01-03-2010, 07:56 PM

Can I please be added?

waiting until 2011 at the earliest.

i started spotting yesterday, and its worrying me. I believe i O'd on the 25th and ended up dtd unprotected on the 29th. I hope i didnt catch a egg

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#6 of 387 Old 01-03-2010, 09:07 PM

Sorry to be dense, but what's dtd? I'm kinda new to all this stuff. :-)

#7 of 387 Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 PM

doing the deed

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#8 of 387 Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 PM

Oh. Thanks. That seems really obvious now.

#9 of 387 Old 01-03-2010, 09:50 PM

I knew if I came to MDC there would be some group of ladies waiting to commiserate with me! I'm wanting so badly but waiting until later in 2010. DS was unplanned yet wonderful. But this time around I'd like to have the money to buy some pretty maternity clothes and have a doula and go the chiro and of course save for the MW. We will pay off the last of our cc debt in MARCH! Then we'll be saving for the whole summer and DH said we can begin TTC in the fall.

I have so many friends who I was pg with who are expecting again, and other friends who have just had babies or are expecting, and all this squishy newborn wonderfulness on facebook is making me pea green with envy!

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#10 of 387 Old 01-03-2010, 10:08 PM

Welcome nerdymom! I actually just found this tribe, too, and am very much the same boat as you, except I am waiting on TTC my first.

#11 of 387 Old 01-04-2010, 11:56 PM

Thank you for taking the thread Logan!

Subbing

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#12 of 387 Old 01-05-2010, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

No worries Gives me something meaningful to do while we wait!
#13 of 387 Old 01-05-2010, 01:51 PM

yay! This is where I belong-- thanks so much for starting this thread. I obsess about baby stuff morning noon and night these days, and am excited to have a place to let off a little steam

We're planning a vacation for this spring before trying to concieve, and we also need to save up a whole lot of money, so I don't really have a good idea of when we might actually start trying-- but I really want to do it this year! My goals for right now are to start exercising regularly, and continue improving my diet -- and also to stress less! Here's to a happy, healthy and FUN 2010!

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#14 of 387 Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 AM

can i join?
i guess im not wanting another baby as much as knowing that some day (one day?) i will have another baby..i know it sounds odd, but about a year ago i had this vivid dream that i had a baby boy and we were walking down the snowy street and i had my toddler and two older children. he was a few months old and had a name and everything.. and ever since then i have felt his presence asking me to let him in. i have dreamt about him quite a few times since. my SO and i have 3 children (7, 4 & 2) and he was not exactly excited about my pregnancies, at least not at first. they were all unplanned and, well..he says no way no how about another one..that said he completely adores them and is a wonderful father. i feel like this baby has chosen us and will eventually come, but its Very hard knowing that this little being wants to be part of our family and not being able to just say "you are welcome anytime!" so yeah. i guess i am wanting, but willing to wait, but not forever! not exactly the same as most of you, but im not sure where else i fit in.

eta: so i have been telling my SO about how i feel after keeping a secret for almost a year..i kind of jokingly have mentioned it in passing, but im letting him know how serious i am..tonight and he said "i am very seriously considering having another baby" so i guess i have some hope. he also said he really wants me to change my name to his (we aren't married) as well as our middle daughter whom i was pregnant with and gave birth while we were not together. i agreed to this wholeheartedly, but i really don't see how it should affect our having babies together...i think he is just trying to put it off as long as possible. i want the baby sooner than later so there isnt such a huge gap in age between him and my youngest now almost 2

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#15 of 387 Old 01-07-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
i feel like this baby has chosen us and will eventually come, but its Very hard knowing that this little being wants to be part of our family and not being able to just say "you are welcome anytime!" so yeah. i guess i am wanting, but willing to wait, but not forever!

Wow, MamaFern-- that is really special! Good luck convincing your husband

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#16 of 387 Old 01-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Last night, I shared my baby books/stuff wishlist on Amazon with DP. We talked about cloth diapers. I'm letting him see the full force of my baby wishing.

It's helping that my sister is due any day now. It's easier to talk about it, and he is definitely aware that I'm ready to make one. He is not on the same page, but he is listening, and understanding. I just wish I didn't have to wait.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#17 of 387 Old 01-08-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
Last night, I shared my baby books/stuff wishlist on Amazon with DP. We talked about cloth diapers. I'm letting him see the full force of my baby wishing.

It's helping that my sister is due any day now. It's easier to talk about it, and he is definitely aware that I'm ready to make one. He is not on the same page, but he is listening, and understanding. I just wish I didn't have to wait.
It makes a big difference to be able to talk about it, doesn't it?

I'm reading Naomi Wolf's Misconceptions and trying to work out my reasons for wanting a baby (I would like to have a good reason, but am not sure there really is one). I read my husband a passage from the book last night about how a baby should be born into a strong support system and be accepted as its own entity -- not just as an extension of the parents. Anyway, Wolf put it better than I could. It opened up a conversation that left me feeling better about my husband adapting to life with a baby. I've been worried that he'll see all of his freedom as disappearing, but I have to give him more credit as someone I love and trust to step up to the challenge.

In other news, I finally got a skin cancer checkup (after 6 years!! of putting it off). I had a carcinoma back in 2002 and have been feeling really guilty about not keeping up with regular check-ups, since my insurance pays for most of the cost. Now I feel like another box has been ticked. My exercise routine is becoming a habit, too, and I've scheduled a yoga class for next week.

If I can just get my dental work up to date (been putting off fillings for a year), I'll feel much better about the physical aspects of TTC. I still have a little work to do on the mental/emotional readiness, but I know that will be a work in progress for the rest of my life if I become a parent!

Also, my reading list keeps getting longer and longer. I think that's a stalling technique.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#18 of 387 Old 01-08-2010, 11:24 AM

Can I be added? I'll be optimistic and say Wanting but Waiting until later in 2010. (waiting on DH to give me the go-ahead!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post
all this squishy newborn wonderfulness on facebook is making me pea green with envy!
You have just described my feelings exactly!

I'm so glad that I found this group. I had looked around for other people who were waiting, but didn't come across this until this morning.

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!
#19 of 387 Old 01-09-2010, 01:19 AM

I'm just letting you all know I'm sitting here reading and sympathizing.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
#20 of 387 Old 01-10-2010, 01:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi mamas, I (we) are planning to TTC fall/winter 2010.

I am a full time student, I just started this fall, I have one ds from a previous relationship, he'll be 8 in march. My dp is also a full time student (6hrs away) and we are trying to time things so that dp will be out of school before baby comes along.

Ds, is WAY excited about having a brother or sister, (altho doesn't know the current plans) Dp has made the plans but has NO clue what he's in for

I hope to get LOTS of great information about the hows and whats and wheres and why's of actually planning a conception (ds was NOT planned).

So tell me whats every one doing besides saving $$$$, I did notice exercise, and prenatals listed.???

I DEF. need to save up, right now I am working 2 evenings a week and barely making ends meet, but I know it's temporary. I'm also thinking about joining a local gym.h

Would LOVE a suggestion for good prenatals too!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#21 of 387 Old 01-10-2010, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Im here. If we TTC later this year, i'd be very surprised. I plan on getting my amalgam fillings removed in the next couple months, so that pushes my TTCing back to early 2011 at the earliest, but hey, if my mercury load is minimal, it may stay late 2010, so at this point, i just dont know.

There is much to be done this year but im very excited about it all.

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#22 of 387 Old 01-11-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellebluetoo View Post
Hi mamas, I (we) are planning to TTC fall/winter 2010.

I am a full time student, I just started this fall, I have one ds from a previous relationship, he'll be 8 in march. My dp is also a full time student (6hrs away) and we are trying to time things so that dp will be out of school before baby comes along.

Ds, is WAY excited about having a brother or sister, (altho doesn't know the current plans) Dp has made the plans but has NO clue what he's in for

I hope to get LOTS of great information about the hows and whats and wheres and why's of actually planning a conception (ds was NOT planned).

So tell me whats every one doing besides saving $$$$, I did notice exercise, and prenatals listed.???

I DEF. need to save up, right now I am working 2 evenings a week and barely making ends meet, but I know it's temporary. I'm also thinking about joining a local gym.h

welcome! The things I want to accomplish before TTC: pay off last CC (in March if all goes according to the plan), double our current emergency fund, get in the habit of working out atleast 3x a week (I'm working on that, 2x last week, shooting for 3 this week), finish decorating the house (I know this sounds like a silly one but we really need curtains instead of blankets hanging in the windows to keep the cold out, things like that.), and the big one is saving $ for the midwife, doula and chiro. After one failed HB I want a HBAC so bad I can taste it! If I give my body 2 years to recover from the c/s, plus work out and see the chiro regularly during my pregnancy, plus the midwife and doula, then if I end up with another c/s I will know I did absolutely everything I could to avoid it.

#23 of 387 Old 01-11-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Welcome! I've been happy with the Rainbow brand of prenatals, and plan to take them for several months before TTC, but I also think it's really important to get most of your vitamins through diet. I am not sure that vitamin pills are all the effective, but I want to make sure all my bases are covered! I've been expoloring lots of new (to me) foods-- whole grains like amaranth and quinoa (so yummy!) and have been working on having home-cooked meals at least 5 nights a week, featuring veggies from our farmer's market-- so this has required me to be a lot more organized than I normally am! I have a whole moleskine weekly planner devoted to meal planning

Besides saving up some money and trying to get into better physical shape, I also hope to do lots of reading about pregnancy/birth/childrearing while I have extra time. I'm also planning a fun vacation! I just read an article the other day about the importance of NOT being stressed while you're pregnant, so I want to work on being more relaxed and finding ways to de-stress, as I tend to be kind of up tight.

I have high hopes for 2010~!

#24 of 387 Old 01-11-2010, 01:48 PM

OOOOOOooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, A VACATION!!!!!!

That sound SO lovely!......Hmmm, more planning!

I'm looking into home births, assisted and unassisted, I figure, at this point, I'll start with what I have No clue about...I had a hospital birth last time, AWFUL!
The OB, didn't even ask me if I wanted an episiotomy, just cut me open! Well, 9 stitches latter...... I'm also going to be looking into hypnobirthing,

Other than the whole get in shape, save $ detox, I'm not sure what else I need to be doing.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
#25 of 387 Old 01-11-2010, 02:00 PM

Hi Everyone,
Haven't posted in a very long time. We originally were going to TTC over the summer but we weren't truly ready. I want my DD to have enough mama and daddy time. (She will be 2 this Feb) So, it is planning time for us. WE are banking on getting PG this Spring. It is funny, now that I am 36, I feel a bit stressed about my age and being pregnant. Silly really but I do feel societal pressure about it. AVoid all over 35 TTC articles, let me tell you. It is like they are TRYING to scare you! But after having one I feel so much more prepared for all the planning I should do - money, healthwise etc... (I was gestational diabetic last time. Anyone else? Any advice on how to avoid this time?)
Anyway, I used Nordic Natural vitams - reccomended by a naturopath. She also said that it was essential to take your omegas too for brain development.
Have a great day!!!
#26 of 387 Old 01-11-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I posted some of this on the 2009 Wanting but Waiting thread, but I'll post again here.

1)Top priority is getting our new apartment in order. We just moved and we aren't done unpacking. Someone else mentioned blankets on the windows--we don't even have those (but we need them)! So finish unpacking, eliminate unnecessary stuff, and get our home organized, because I am a cluttered creative, and I know that having a baby will probably intensify that.

2)I'm taking a B-complex (with folic acid) and getting more exercise. DH is trying to improve his diet--he's currently flexitarian, moving towards vegetarian--I'm already vegetarian. I'm also considering some sort of a cleanse for myself.

3)Discuss homebirth with my in-laws and try to help them be a little more comfortable with the idea. My FIL was an ER doc, and MIL had hospital births, so we're starting from ground 0 there. Luckily I was born at home, so I at least have my parents on board.

4)Prioritize and budget spending. I am a homemaker and plan to be a SAHM, so we need to be very carful with income and savings. Luckily we don't have any debt, but we also don't want to drain savings unnecessarily.

5)Since we're hoping to start TTC this spring, I've started attending a local fertility support group. It seems to be mostly women who are having difficulty concieving, but I fit in since I've been wanting a LO of my own for years, so we connect on that level. Also it's good for me to get out of the house and off the internet and meet some real people. As an introvert, I can stay in for days and only see DH and hardly notice.

6)See a dentist and get any needed work done (me) and choose a Family Doc. that will be likely to support homebirth, delayed/selective vax, and breastfeeding, etc. (We're realitively reacent transplants to our metro area, and both need a regular Dr. for check-ups, emergencies, etc. & it would be nice to find someone who can take care of our whole family.)

I think that's most of it. We are both very motivated to work on these projects so we can start TTC ASAP, possibly as soon as March 2010, although I'm starting to think that is a bit ambitions. But soon!

#27 of 387 Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 PM

Hello Ladies!

I guess I belong here! Moving over from TTC thread. We TTC for 2 cycles and then both DH and I decided to wait for a few more months. We are going to TTC Aug/Sept 2010. I would like a June baby. A June GIRL baby . We have a DD, who will be 8 in April, and a DS who just turned 1 in Dec. We decided to wait bc I need to get back into shape. I gained about 70 lbs with DS and still am carrying about 30 lbs. So I'd like to lose that, and give our son a little more 'baby' time alone, w/out having another baby to come in and steal his thunder. This cycle not TTC might be a little hard for me bc I wanted an Oct baby PRETTY bad. But then again...we might have a date night and 'forget' that we aren't TTC...hahahahaaha. Whatever God wants for us, I am perfectly happy with.

So here I am...hope to get to know you all...I'm a chatter box...sorry in advance!

#28 of 387 Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 PM

I Love to read what everyones up to and how their journeys are going!

yeah, in a matter of days i've gone from the notion of having a midwife assisted birth in a birthing center (what dp wants) to KNOWING I will birth in water unassisted (except for dp) next time in the peace and comfort of my home, but maybe with a midwife on "call".......LOL, for Dp of course!

Can you tell I've been online all day reading stories and watching birthing vids on Utube????

Now if I can just find a "how too" kinda book, I'll be all set! Well, if timing goes right, maybe I'll be taught in school, the birthing basics..LOL..... I start nursing classes fall 2010, right now just doing pre-reqs

#29 of 387 Old 01-12-2010, 11:52 PM

Hi, may I join Wanting and Waiting until Later in 2010? I've been hanging out on the TTC board, but am on a (semi-involuntary) hiatus due to a molar pregnancy diagnosed in early December. That was our first pregnancy. All went well with the treatment and emotionally I think I'm doing pretty well, too, but they have to monitor me for six months to make sure the cells aren't growing back.

Technically we will be cleared to TTC in June, but I'm in grad school and this baby (the molar pregnancy) would have had the perfect timing of being born in July, after this school year but old enough for me to go back for my final year without missing too much. However, if we got pregnant this summer the timing wouldn't be so hot. So we'll probably postpone until the fall so I can finish my degree before I have the baby. That is assuming we will be able to get pregnant without problems--I don't have any real reason to think we won't, but I'm paranoid...

Anyway, I'm glad to find this thread!

Neuromancer--I love Misconceptions. Okay, I haven't finished it because I moved and misplaced it. It's in my house somewhere and one of my projects is to hunt it down and finish it, because the first half was awesome.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#30 of 387 Old 01-14-2010, 08:58 AM

Hello all! It's been pretty quiet around this forum recently - how is everyone? I'm back to a new cycle, and this time I'm determined to chart/temp. I really want to be able to know my cycle better so that once I have the "yes" from DH, I will know how to work the timing.

This 3-day weekend I have a ton of housecleaning planned (a big bone of contention with DH) and am hoping to bring up the TTC topic of conversation when he's all happy from the clean house.

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page