W&W Tribe 2010...part II - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 01-18-2010, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lets start a thread and keep it active and going with ONLY good thoughts and advise. A sort of "this is what I am doing to keep optomistic"

What do you ladies think??? I think this will be good for us! So many of us are kind of down in the dumps some days.

If you have a better thread name...please let me know and I will change it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 36 Old 01-18-2010, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

I will start...

~waiting will allow me to lose my previous baby weight!
~waiting will allow me and DH to give our DS and DD more time just for them
~waiting will get me THAT much more excited to TTC
~will allow me to be MORE THRILLED when I get a
~I can make my baby name list bigger!
~we can have more fun trying...if you get my drift...you gotta get it JUST right! LOL

If you ever have more thoughts throughout the day....make another post...as many times as you need!

YAY!
#3 of 36 Old 01-18-2010, 05:38 PM

I so belong here. I am a divorced mama of two, ages 8 and 10. Two years ago my best (male) friend of 15 years moved back to the area and we started dating. It's going great! We plan on getting engaged very soon - he wants to do it right, ring and all, so finances are delaying us a bit. And we want a baby. I will be 35 next year so we want it to be soon. But we're not married yet. So we are very much wanting, but waiting!! It is soooo hard sometimes!

I am focusing on:

~Getting my body as healthy as possible before we start TTC
~Looking forward to my first completely and totally planned pregnancy, with a wonderful supportive partner.
~How much fun we're going to have trying!
#4 of 36 Old 01-19-2010, 01:04 AM

Let's stop calling it "trying" and start calling it "practicing". It sounds so much more, um, productive. Pardon the [slightly hidden] pun.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#5 of 36 Old 01-19-2010, 11:02 AM

I love this thread idea!

For me, waiting will:

-- allow me time to save up enough money so that I am not stressed out about finances and paying bills during pregnancy

-- give me more time to become as healthy as possible (i need to eat less sugar and more protein, and exercise a lot more!)

-- allow me more time to be excited! I love the thrill of planning!!

-- give me enough time to read the baby books I have been collecting

-- allow me to hone my sewing skills and make some baby clothes

I'm sure I'll think of more....thanks for starting this! I can't wait to read more positive thoughts from everyone!

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#6 of 36 Old 01-19-2010, 01:07 PM

~ Waiting will allow us time to find the perfect place to move that will accomodate all of us and time for me to get settled and everything in it's place.

~ Waiting will give me more time to pay off some more debt to be more financially secure

~ Waiting will give me a chance to lose some more weight and get healthier

~ Waiting will allow me more time to organize all my facts about homebirth for when my Mom passes out when she finds out what we are planning. lol

~* Mama Nim *~
#7 of 36 Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnmama View Post
I so belong here. I am a divorced mama of two, ages 8 and 10. Two years ago my best (male) friend of 15 years moved back to the area and we started dating. It's going great! We plan on getting engaged very soon - he wants to do it right, ring and all, so finances are delaying us a bit. And we want a baby. I will be 35 next year so we want it to be soon. But we're not married yet. So we are very much wanting, but waiting!! It is soooo hard sometimes!

I am focusing on:

~Getting my body as healthy as possible before we start TTC
~Looking forward to my first completely and totally planned pregnancy, with a wonderful supportive partner.
~How much fun we're going to have trying!

Awesome story! I kind of did the same thing, but it was my brothers best friend instead of my best friend(well NOW he's my best friend! LOL) Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post
Let's stop calling it "trying" and start calling it "practicing". It sounds so much more, um, productive. Pardon the [slightly hidden] pun.
HERE HERE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeruby View Post
I love this thread idea!

For me, waiting will:

-- allow me time to save up enough money so that I am not stressed out about finances and paying bills during pregnancy

-- give me more time to become as healthy as possible (i need to eat less sugar and more protein, and exercise a lot more!)

-- allow me more time to be excited! I love the thrill of planning!!

-- give me enough time to read the baby books I have been collecting

-- allow me to hone my sewing skills and make some baby clothes

I'm sure I'll think of more....thanks for starting this! I can't wait to read more positive thoughts from everyone!
THANK YOU FOR ADDING TO IT!

If you want to also...we can come here and keep track of daily activities...kind of like a journal...if you will. I'm going to come here and note my workouts and activity I did to keep myself busy.

Thanks everyone for coming in and joining in the fun!!!
#8 of 36 Old 01-19-2010, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

I PLAN to work out in about 30 minutes. I have lost 10 lbs in the last month or so. I only have 20 more to lose...eeesh. After the weight I have lost, it has already made such a change...some of my stuff is fitting differently. My bra size has gotten smaller...yay I can breath! I had to go get a smaller size of workout/lounge pants...my other ones were falling off! LOL!

~I will be able to wear my clothes that have barely been worn when I lose my weight(I got tons of new clothes RIGHT before I got pg in 2008)
~I will get to have my ring sized down(we bought my ring bigger knowing that we were going to get pg ASAP after we got married...which we did get pg 2 weeks after we got married!)
~I will get to look smokin in my bathing suits this summer! (that hasn't happened for 2 years!)
~my face is getting slimmer!
~I won't have to go through the summer being miserably HOT pg
~we can get DS POTTY TRAINED!!!

Ok, I'm off to workout and clean house!
#9 of 36 Old 01-19-2010, 07:03 PM

I keep myself motivated by thinking about how wonderful it will be to afford a chiropractor and pretty maternity clothes during the pregnancy.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#10 of 36 Old 01-20-2010, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

So I BRISKLY walked yesterday with my kids. I was pulling 30 lb DS in his red wagon and half way home 45 lb DD got in and I was walking pretty fast(like those people that fast walk the malls..) so 75 lbs on wheels...not bad I guess. I was sweaty when I got home. My heart rate got up there and I my fat on my legs were moving and making my legs itchy. LOL! It's going to be nice weather here for the rest of the week and I plan to wash my tennis shoes and go running at least every other day. As well as do my workout video.

~We have decided to re-do our honeymoon this summer...so I will look good in a bathing suit and we can DTD ANYTIME and ANYWHERE we want to! We are thinking either a cruise or a resort...
~I can learn to have MORE patience
~we can update our house as planned and get it sold so we can move into a bigger place

sorry if I double post my good thoughts and plans...I forget what I say from day to day! LOL!

Holy cow! I just did a VERY hard workout! I'm shaking. And I can't catch my breath! Gonna be SORE tomorrow!
#11 of 36 Old 01-23-2010, 01:08 AM

One of the benefits of waiting... I can enjoy a nice glass of wine in the evening and not feel guilty! Oh, and I don't have to totally give up coffee (yet).

I have a confession though, ladies, there is a small possibility that I could be pregnant this month. We had a complete condom failure right at the beginning of my fertile time. I think the timing makes it pretty unlikely that I am pregnant, but it's possible. So, another plus to waiting will be NOT obsessing over whether or not I am pregnant - at least most of the time!
#12 of 36 Old 01-23-2010, 11:10 AM

I am loving the reading I'm doing, and I still have more than 30 books on my "to read" list (compiled mostly from suggestions in MDC threads), so waiting will make it possible for me to read more of them!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#13 of 36 Old 01-24-2010, 01:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, I will participate:

Waiting will enable me to do the following:

Fully plan and we'll BOTH be really excited about TTCing

Have a nice baby fund saved to buy all kinds of pretty cloth diapers, clothes (for me and baby), a homebirth MW i love, a doula i love and not have to worry about scrimping and saving to get there after the BFP

Be totally self-employed and have nice active passive income streams to not have to worry about maternity/paternity leave and daycares and the whole SAHM/WAHM/WOHM debacle. I can be fully engaged in parenthood 24.7

Lots of GOOD practicing in with hubby

Get to travel

Get to get into a good weight-lifting/bikram yoga/capoeira routine for a nice healthy, fit body

Get as healthy as I can possibly get (get rid of mercury load, build up nutritional stores, minimize stress levels)

Get a puppy to share my life with and train appropriately

Waiting will make FINALLY becoming a mama that much more awesome!

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#14 of 36 Old 01-24-2010, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

~I can partake in drinking a margarita at the mexican restaraunts for dinner like I did tonight.
~I can wear my SIZE 10 new pants for a bit longer...(I was in size 14 just a month ago!!!)
~get a full nights sleep..well if DS decides to cooperate
~play tickle wars with my DH for 6 more months
~chase DS around on the floor
~pick up both of my kids(total of 75 lbs) like I did last night
~wear my NEW bathing suit(again...SIZE 10)
#15 of 36 Old 01-25-2010, 01:33 AM

I cn concentrate a little better on my schoolwork, be more involved at work, and enjoy Lexi being potty trained for about a year before I start changing diapers again (at home at least).

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

#16 of 36 Old 01-25-2010, 01:34 AM

Also, I get to play with babies 10 hours a day at work.

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

#17 of 36 Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 PM

This thread is just what I need! Thanks for starting it.
Most of the time I know why I want to wait, but then I gear up to ovulate and I can't for the life of me remember all the GREAT reasons not to get pregnant right now. Here are a few:
-I'm only two semesters away from finishing my BA, and the Masters program I want to go into is online so I could stay home with my kids
-I feel like I'm on the verge of really making a difference in my community with my volunteer work, and I want to see my projects through to fruition
-It will be so nice to actually TTC this baby because it may be our last
-I'm enjoying working towards better health and I want to strengthen my lower back before another pregnancy
-I want to be hot for a couple more years before my 20s are gone and not deal with postpartum body issues Totally vain!
-This will give me a chance to work through some of my issues from my first birth experience
-I can nurse my son for longer without worrying what pregnancy will do to my supply/desire to nurse
#18 of 36 Old 01-25-2010, 05:11 PM

There is a beauty to this deep wanting - of a baby. Ok, here are the positives.
* I can prepare my body by losing weight, exercising, and eating right.
* I will educate myself about the options of a VBAC. I made a preconception appointment with the OB.
* I and my husband will work at saving money so I can stay home the entire FMLA.
* I can enjoy the singular attention that I lavish on my almost 2 yr old daughter!
* My husband and I need to decide if we are going to move to Hawaii.
So, this is my start.
Love the thread, mamalove1
#19 of 36 Old 01-25-2010, 05:52 PM

I plan on a VBAC for the next baby too. I'm using this time to really evaluate my options and get to know the birth climate in my community. Unfortunately, it's not so great, but I can use this time to find VBAC friendly providers or traveling midwives.
#20 of 36 Old 01-25-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
-I want to be hot for a couple more years before my 20s are gone and not deal with postpartum body issues Totally vain!
Vain, but true: I'm in my early thirties, but I just started working out regularly and I look much more toned and am happier with my body than I've been in a long time. If I don't TTC until after summer 2010, that means I'll have my best swimsuit body in about 5 years to enjoy this summer.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#21 of 36 Old 01-25-2010, 11:55 PM

Just a little background since I have not been on here much.
Neither one of want to wait but logic overtook our hearts. We were waiting because both DH and I are doing some intense cleansing and health building to try to improve fertility.
I am happy to report that my last period was very manageable. I usually suffer quite a bit with pain from endo and this last time I did not need anything for pain (yes, I had cramping, but none that required even a hot water bottle). So only one month into the Shutdown Cleanse and I already have some positive results.
We are also hoping to finish building our home this year as well. We are doing it in phases as we have the time and can afford it. Yes, you can be pregnant and have children anywhere, but it will be nicer to be in our own home when that time comes. So this reason is just a bonus really.

Now as to the other good reason to wait:
We found out last week that the place we are living in has a high radon level. This probably explains why our bird died, as well as some other stuff. Obviously, this toxic air would not be good for mama or baby, so it is probably just as well we have not conceived yet. I don't even like breathing the fumes of chemical cleaners, so we are glad to have discovered this.

Now to work on the radon solution so we can stay here until time to move into our home. We are house sitting (no rent) which helps our friends and really helps our wallet so we can get our house done.

Happy vegan wife to my Best Friend for 23 years, Mother to a Baby someday.
Wishing Since Dec 2007 -- Vas. Reversal in May 2008 -- Waiting on the Lord

#22 of 36 Old 01-26-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Vain, but true: I'm in my early thirties, but I just started working out regularly and I look much more toned and am happier with my body than I've been in a long time. If I don't TTC until after summer 2010, that means I'll have my best swimsuit body in about 5 years to enjoy this summer.

Me: T (32), DH: M (33); (Miss you mom! 1/17/00)
Trying to learn/prep as much as I can in hopes of someday becoming a WAHM!
#23 of 36 Old 01-26-2010, 04:02 PM

Oh I like this thread!!

Waiting just a couple more years will let me:
1. Get financially on my feet
2. Enjoy a smokin' hot body
3. Start (and possibly be closed to finishing) grad school
4. Learn what life is like without children (as the oldest of 5 kids, I've always been the go-to childcare person. I love it, but shouldn't everyone know what it is to not be a responsible parental figure at some point in their life?)

Chloé: Doula, Student Midwife (AAMI), Apprentice Herbalist
Mama to my Spirit Baby
#24 of 36 Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

~having a few more months of not having to gag/throw up as I change DS's diaper

I haven't worked out in 5...count them 5days. Boo on me.
#25 of 36 Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 PM

That's something I have to get into my head, that excercise can happen anywhere. I always feel like I don't have time to go to the gym, or the gym daycare isn't open, or I make up some excuse along those lines. I've started walking at lunchtime with a friend at work, and even thought it was 13 degrees today, I was able to get in about 30 minutes of walking. Not to mention a little vitamin D!
#26 of 36 Old 01-26-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
I haven't worked out in 5...count them 5days. Boo on me.
Shh..don't tell anyone, but I have only worked out once since Jan 1st.
Wow, to see that in print really makes it awful.
Maybe I will do my rebounder after I get the dishes done tonight.

#27 of 36 Old 01-27-2010, 03:38 PM

Oooh! Yes, positive thinking! There are some days when I think I"m nuts for wanting another when I think of these things.

- I've lost all the weight from DD's pregnancy and then some, and am enjoying my figure. I can work on enjoying it and dressing cute for now!

- I want to research to find a different midwife than last time, and I want to research a couple other things. I want to find out about delayed cord clamping and encapsulating the placenta, most of all.

- I want to clean my house up really nicely, finally start looking for a new home and MOVE!!! I need a bigger house and I don't want to ttc or have another baby here. All this time will really help me meet that goal. I can't WAIT to start house hunting!!

Mamalove1 - I would LOVE to move to Hawaii! <3 I'm envious!

KBL7 - Radon is scary stuff. It is definitely in all your best interests to be somewhere else when ttc! I couldn't imagine!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#28 of 36 Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM

That's right - moving! It will definitely be in my best interest NOT to be 7 months pregnant and moving to a new house 0
#29 of 36 Old 01-28-2010, 02:45 PM

So are there any mamas-to-be planning to give birth after 35? There are such conflicting and scary articles. I know there are many of us out there who can support one another.
Please share positive advice and encouragement!!!! I would love to hear it!
mamalove1
#30 of 36 Old 01-28-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalove1 View Post
So are there any mamas-to-be planning to give birth after 35? There are such conflicting and scary articles. I know there are many of us out there who can support one another.
Please share positive advice and encouragement!!!! I would love to hear it!
mamalove1
I am 38 now and taking a break from TTC my first.
There are really many factors to consider. The health of both parents to start with. The statistic are based on the average American, who is not really healthy (consider the SAD diet).
I know many mamas in their 30s and 40s who had healthy pregnancies and babies. You will find those who are more "naturally minded" have far better statistics. I think mainly due to the fact that they take responsibility for themselves to be well and live a more preventative lifestyle.
Hang in there. You will find many wise old mamas on here with good stories even if they are not told in the mainstream medical world.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page