Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, FEB 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 432 Old 02-02-2010, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Doesn't maca also make you uber-fertile though? I took it once when I was trying to O in the cycle that never ended, but it was so disgusting (powder form) it kept making me almost puke. I read a lot about its fertility benefits though and got scared off it because we were CTA.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#62 of 432 Old 02-02-2010, 11:41 PM

I don't know about it making one uber-fertile but it is used to help with fertility. I've been considering taking it to help with my RPL, not because I want to TTC and make myself more fertile, but to help me keep the baby if I do happen to get pg again. So far, I haven't been able to commit because I really don't want to take anything to help with pg and because my cycles seem to be changing a lot. I don't know what that means but I don't want to mess with the natural process before it's done.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#63 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post
Last time I went to an OB, I told her that I am Catholic and CTA. She basically laughed at me, came back with a bunch of pamplets for different BC methods and a script for plan B because "you WILL get pregnant that way". Yeah, so? I tore it up and left it on the exam table.
Ugh! Sorry you had to deal with that!! After I had ds2, I went to my OB for my 6 week check up when he asked about birth control. I told him NFP/FAM and he just laughed and said "You know what I call people who use that?" I asked what and he said "Parents!" Whatever! It's totally frustrating. A midwife is so much better.

Quote:
Don't you know, MW? Doctors are always right! Like the dev ped today who wants to put my 3yo on prozac after 30 minutes with us.

It's the only profession where you can have 5-7 years of training and then profess to know everything about everything. Can you tell I don't like them much?
Prozac?? I can't even begin to think of a response for that one!

AFM: Holy temp jump batman!!!!!! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#64 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post

Wowie, that is one pretty chart.

AFM: CD17 I feel like crap and I'm still waiting for O. Should be anyday now, cervix is still high but CM is gone. It wouldn't make sense to actually O when I had CM,right?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#65 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 AM

Morning, all!

Had a tiny bit of EW cm yesterday, one eensy gob; not sure if it will actually mean anything yet, as my temp today is essentially useless. Lucy (our 2 yo) got some kind of stomach bug, and was up all night throwing up, so I didn't get any unbroken sleep until about 6am, when my husband took his turn with her, so my temp was probably high for a half a dozen reasons. It's exciting, though, because I've had no EW in -- well, years. I've been nursing, and had a Mirena, from when Lucy was born until about two weeks ago, and before she was born, I was on BC pills, so it was pretty cool to have this sign that my body is returning to normal. My chart is here.

Also nice because I was having a lot of emotional affects from the Mirena -- all things of course that my OBGYN SWORE wouldn't happen to me -- and they are also clearing up, meaning that my homelife is getting much more peaceful.

I, too, have an OB who knows nothing about FAM; when I told her that was what we were going to do, with the IUD out, she was like "You can't do that if your cycles are irregular, you know that right? You WILL get pregnant." I was too shocked to try and educate her right then. I figure I will bring all my charts in to her when I eventually go in to confirm the pregnancy. That will entertain me more.

I'm hopeful for a VBAC myself; the csection came about mostly because of preeclampsia, and maybe a sideline of dehydration (long story), and caused a hemorrhage that they almost couldn't stop, so I kind of feel like a midwife wouldn't touch me with a ten-foot pole, and certainly not for a home birth. We'll see how it goes, though.

Someone upthread mentioned doctors being concerned about an induced VBAC -- the reason is that pitocin significantly increases your risk for uterine prolapse, because the contractions are too strong. (Some would say for women without scar tissue, too, but I seem to be in the minority there -- sigh).

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

#66 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Wowie, that is one pretty chart.

AFM: CD17 I feel like crap and I'm still waiting for O. Should be anyday now, cervix is still high but CM is gone. It wouldn't make sense to actually O when I had CM,right?
Why do you feel bad? Some people O after their CM has dried up, so there is still that chance.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#67 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Aren't you the one who had the withdrawal..........ummmm - failure?

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#68 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Why do you feel bad? Some people O after their CM has dried up, so there is still that chance.
I just feel yucky, tired, headache, crampy,etc.. That combined with the emotional turmoil of being in the fertile phase , I'm just ready to be out of it. Just complaining

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#69 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 12:16 PM

Hey ladies-

Today, I am still spotting with no real flow. It's enough to show up on TP but not enough to neccessitate a pad. I wish I knew what my body was doing. No cramps, bbs hurt a bit and I am so tired. If I don't get a real AF by Friday, I will be testing.

Hope you ladies are doing well this month!

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#70 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ugh! Sorry you had to deal with that!! After I had ds2, I went to my OB for my 6 week check up when he asked about birth control. I told him NFP/FAM and he just laughed and said "You know what I call people who use that?" I asked what and he said "Parents!" Whatever! It's totally frustrating. A midwife is so much better.
I have heard that joke so many times. It doesn't help that both of mine were unplanned. I just don't tell anyone that part. And my midwife was only versed in NFP because a friend of mine had a baby with her only a few months before my second, and educated her. Brought her pamplets and everything! I wish I was that brave when talking to medical professionals. My first OB was actually the least pushy about birth control, but she didn't act surprised when I came back pregnant with DD either.

Quote:
Prozac?? I can't even begin to think of a response for that one!
My response was, "I think we're going to look for another doctor."
#71 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post
Aren't you the one who had the withdrawal..........ummmm - failure?
Um yeah. Well, I'm not sure. He said he *thought* he felt something come out before the initial "big" one but wasn't sure. He said that's never happened before. He's usually VERY good at w/ding early. I'm not a guy but I just don't understand NOT knowing when something comes out.
I really don't think I'm pregnant though. The temp shift is interesting, but I feel bloated and like AF will be here soon. The only thing that could be a pregnancy symptom at all is the very sharp pains I had in my uterus this morning. That could be weird uterine randomness though. I highly doubt that I am and surprisingly I'm not obsessing or really even thinking about it much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
I just feel yucky, tired, headache, crampy,etc.. That combined with the emotional turmoil of being in the fertile phase , I'm just ready to be out of it. Just complaining
I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon. s:

Quote:
My response was, "I think we're going to look for another doctor."
Good for you! That's just crazy!

#72 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Um yeah. Well, I'm not sure. He said he *thought* he felt something come out before the initial "big" one but wasn't sure.
If it was pre-ejaculate, as long as you didn't dtd back to back without him clearing his urethra (peeing), there shouldn't be any viable sperm in it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#73 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
If it was pre-ejaculate, as long as you didn't dtd back to back without him clearing his urethra (peeing), there shouldn't be any viable sperm in it.
Right, and that was our first time in days (This happened on cd14)...so that shouldn't be an issue. The only thing he says was different is that with the pre-ejaculate it doesn't squirt. He said this felt like a squirt. He was wondering if a bit came out right before the bigger lot. TMI!!

#74 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Thanks MarineWife for that tip. I POAS and it was negative so i think my AF should be here by the weekend. I just really really wish my body would stop playing tricks on my mind! ARGH!

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#75 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Bettina ~ If you're spotting with no confirmed O or , you need to consider yourself extremely fertile right now. Actually, even if it is , without O confirmed by a thermal shift, you can't use the First 5 Days Rule. So, either way, you need to use precautions.
Yeah, that was soooo much fun. I artifically ended my 8 month cycle that we had had to be careful all through, and then I had to wait another 35 days to O and be safe in the next one. Not cool body, not cool

Quote:
From the research I read back in 2003, I learned this isn't exactly correct. The fear with an induced VBAC is a supposed increased risk of uterine rupture. However, it's not the pitocin that's been linked to that. It's the prostaglandin gel that's applied to the cervix. So, we just passed on the cervical softening.
While cervidil is the bigger risk, pit definitely increases your chance of rupture as well. However, I would still take a pit induction over a c/s any day.

I actually remembered to temp this morning, but had misplaced my thermometer sometime in the night.

#76 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
Yeah, that was soooo much fun. I artifically ended my 8 month cycle that we had had to be careful all through, and then I had to wait another 35 days to O and be safe in the next one. Not cool body, not cool
how did you manage to end the cycle?

#77 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 06:30 PM

I tried every herb and remedy I could find, and then I gave up and went to a midwife and got a prescription for Provera.

#78 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Last time I went to an OB, I told her that I am Catholic and CTA. She basically laughed at me, came back with a bunch of pamplets for different BC methods and a script for plan B because "you WILL get pregnant that way". Yeah, so? I tore it up and left it on the exam table.
Wow, that is just about the rudest thing I have ever heard. Especially after you told her you were Catholic. A script for plan B? Someone needs some education.

Too much else to keep up with in this thread right now but no temp shift for me yet...anytime now body! My chart.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#79 of 432 Old 02-03-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
While cervidil is the bigger risk, pit definitely increases your chance of rupture as well.
Hmm...the studies I read said it did not increase chance of uterine rupture after a cesarean than without one. In other words, pit does increase the risk of uterine rupture for everyone but the risk isn't any higher if you've had a previous c/s. I'd never do an induction again but that's another story. And, of course, I'd only have a c-section if it was absolutely medically necessary for the life and health of me or my baby, which most are not.

#80 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 12:32 PM

WHEW!! I got my AF today! I have never been so happy to start.

I am still going to take MW advice and be careful until I am able to confirm an O next month.

#81 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Bettina - glad to hear about AF!

Today I have one of those all-too-common "I had a rough night and temped twice, which temp would you use?" sob stories. Here's my chart for those of you who feel like slogging through this with me.

I went to bed at 12:30. Couldn't sleep at all so I flopped and tossed and turned and laid awake for I don't know how long, probably at least an hour.

Woke up at 4:45 to a wet bed. Took my temp as I was getting up to deal with that; it was 96.9.

Went back to bed. I wasn't tossing and turning this time as much, but my DS was really restless from having had to get up and changed, so it was difficult to sleep. So I was probably dozing, rather than sleeping, until 6 or 6:30. Then I slept like a log until 8, when I took my temp and (reluctantly) got up. That temp was 97.4, right on my hypothetical coverline, and it's the one I put in this morning so ya'll could see what it would look like.

I typically temp at 6-6:30, but it's often been as late as 7 this cycle, which I think is still indicated as closed circles on my chart.

Now that I've typed all that out and read it over, I think I know what everyone is going to say. Thanks for reading anyway. It's so nice to have other charters to run this past.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#82 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 12:45 PM

Sorry to hear you had a rough night, BFS. Another reason I don't temp. is b/c I am a restless sleeper. Really messes with my temp. I imagine.

#83 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 12:59 PM

Bettina!

BFS: That's a tough one. Having nights like that does make it harder with temping. Honestly, I would probably take the last temp you took (97.4) and bump it down to what it would have been at 6:30 which is 97.0, I think. I think when you take your temp later it is very important to adjust it. Just mark on your ff that you were sleep deprived.

I could be wrong though, maybe some other ladies can help you more.

AFM: Temp went down a bit this morning. I'm sure AF will be here in the next day or two. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681

#84 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 01:53 PM

Bettina ~ Whew!

Mel ~ I'd leave it as it is for now and just make a note of the circumstances so you'd know how to adjust it later if need be. One off temp shouldn't make much difference in pinpointing O. Better to have a slightly later confirmed O than earlier, I always say. If you do decide to adjust it, I'd adjust down to what it would've been at 6:30. 97.1?

Nothing going on with me. Finished yesterday. Trying to decide when to start temping, now or wait until I get EWCF.

#85 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 03:26 PM

I agree about making a note. When I would get temps like that I would adjust them depending on the circumstances, but always make a note telling me what it rally was and at what time.

I remembered to take my temp this morning now I am on CD 18 with 2 temps so far!

#86 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 04:01 PM

I adjust my temps all the time, but yeah I always make a note of what it was originally. I'm very lucky that my adjusted temps pretty much always fit in exactly. If I were to leave them unadjusted, my chart would be all over the place.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#87 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
I adjust my temps all the time, but yeah I always make a note of what it was originally. I'm very lucky that my adjusted temps pretty much always fit in exactly. If I were to leave them unadjusted, my chart would be all over the place.
If all of your charts have lots of adjusted temps, they aren't going to be accurate. When doing this, especially for CTA purposes, you need to be very careful about when you consider yourself safe.

Have you tried leaving your temps as they are? You might still be able to see a thermal shift and confirm O. That would be safer, I think. I take my temp at different times almost every day. I rarely adjust them unless there's one that's way off.

#88 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 04:39 PM

That's true - I almost never adjust my temps - only if they're waaaaay off.

#89 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 05:02 PM

Can I join you guys?

We're TTA for at least 2-3 more cycles. Link to FF chart is in my profile!

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#90 of 432 Old 02-04-2010, 08:42 PM

okay so sorry to ask again but for those of you that use Ovusoft will you please help (or anyone else who happens to know)! I've figured out how to do uploading part, but I can't figure out how to change my setting where people have permission to see my chart. I've looked around in the software itself and on the TCOYF website too.

TIA <--techno obtuse

ETA: I figured it out! I hope you can see it too!

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/echowar...ccharts/2.aspx

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page