Forum Jump: 

#121 of 432 Old 02-06-2010, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UMMMMMMM..........I feel pregnant.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

That's crazy, right? RIGHT??????

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#122 of 432 Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
UMMMMMMM..........I feel pregnant.
If the BD on CD 9 was sans alternative methods of BC, then no, not crazy. But it is early to be concerned. I'll be stalking your chart!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#123 of 432 Old 02-06-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
If the BD on CD 9 was sans alternative methods of BC, then no, not crazy. But it is early to be concerned. I'll be stalking your chart!
It was using W/D. Symptoms started today. Guess we'll see what happens.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#124 of 432 Old 02-06-2010, 11:26 PM

Theoretically, CD 15 could have done it to.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#125 of 432 Old 02-06-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
It was W/D as well. I have a method to how I record DTD so I can remember. AM = no W/D, PM = W/D and X = "other" activities . The thing that has me thinking this is that my boobs feel different. I've only felt them like this two times before and that was when I had chemicals. They're just so *there*. Does that make sense? I have larger breasts so when they get like this, it's very noticeable.

#126 of 432 Old 02-06-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Oh, true! Esp. b/c the temp shift isn't entirely clear.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#127 of 432 Old 02-07-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
I agree with this, too.

Annie ~ Your thermal shift is 100% clear. Whether you use FAM or NFP, O doesn't fit for cd14. With NFP, it does fit for cd16. If O really was cd14, dtd on cd9 just squeezes into the 6 day fertile window.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#128 of 432 Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 AM

I'll be stalking your chart too.

I get those symptoms right before my period (the achy breasts) but if I also have them in early pregnancy too.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#129 of 432 Old 02-07-2010, 10:35 AM

Thanks ladies for talking me off the edge! I feel better this AM, mostly because my temp is back down where it usually is post-O. Missing the temp on CD 17 is tough. I was at a birth that lasted for 23 hrs so I was not able to temp that night because I didn't sleep!

MW, I hear what you are saying about how my temps don't match O on CD 14 and I totally agree. However my post-O temps have not been following the "rules" for the past couple of cycles. It's driving me crazy. But based on my CF and major drop in interest in DTD, I'm fairly certain O was CD 14. Who knows though? At any rate, this AM I feel more like I am o.k. and nothing is out of the ordinary.

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

#130 of 432 Old 02-07-2010, 11:33 AM

So after a crazy couple months with weird cycles... I think this one might seems normal or it does so far... and I actually have CM this time, maybe my body is figuring things out...

My Ovulation Chart

(lmk if the link doesn't work this is my first time using FF)

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

#131 of 432 Old 02-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
MW, I hear what you are saying about how my temps don't match O on CD 14 and I totally agree. However my post-O temps have not been following the "rules" for the past couple of cycles. It's driving me crazy. But based on my CF and major drop in interest in DTD, I'm fairly certain O was CD 14. Who knows though? At any rate, this AM I feel more like I am o.k. and nothing is out of the ordinary.
Well, it can take up to 3 days after O for temps to reflect it so O could still have been cd14. Also, if that's your peak day, even if you didn't O until cd16, cd14 would be considered your most fertile day, right? The thing is that, whether cd14 or cd16, I think you have a chance of pg, albeit very slim since your dh is so good at his job.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#132 of 432 Old 02-07-2010, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Woohoo, three confirmed temps. I have confirmed ovulation. That's so nice. The sinus cold I have is almost gone and we finally went grocery shopping today and have food in the house again.

I still feel like I need a nap though.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#133 of 432 Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 PM

We just got back from out of town. I am EXHAUSTED!!!
I think just arrived. DH and I dtd and there was what looked like a bit of old blood there. I'm glad she's finally here. I have been sooooooooo moody and I was ready for this cycle to end!!
Oh, and this means that my LP has gotten a day longer each cycle PP! I only have one more cycle to go to be back to my normal length, which is 12 days. I love to watch my body do it's thing.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681

ETA: Nevermind....maybe my cycle is not over. I haven't had any spotting at all. Blah.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#134 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 01:04 AM

lyterae- that's fantastic Sometimes it feels like getting over that hump will never happen.

Kimmie- I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

AFM- I still have no idea what's going on. I did go back and reread the coverline rules, because I was misreading them, and trying to set my coverline .2 above my temps, not .1. So *technically* now I can confirm o, but JUST barely, and todays temp was even lower than my previous three. I'm going the wrong direction guys!!

I feel like if I hadn't felt such strong o pain, then I would lean towards this being annovulatory (I've never had one that's been charted, so I have no comparison...) but I feel like that pain means I *must* have ovulated, Ijust can't understand why such a small temp rise.

And to think if I hadn't temped this month, i could have saved myself all this grief

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#135 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
I feel like if I hadn't felt such strong o pain, then I would lean towards this being annovulatory (I've never had one that's been charted, so I have no comparison...) but I feel like that pain means I *must* have ovulated, Ijust can't understand why such a small temp rise.
That was my last cycle exactly. It lasted 53 days, and I was completely convinced that I had O'd early on, but my temps just kept doing their normal up-and-down thing -- I finally really O'd some 20 days later, had a 12 day LP, and had a normal period. Yay for getting the frakking IUD out.

This month, I'm fairly sure that I O'd on CD 14 or 15, but doubt I'll be able to confirm it as that time, because between a sick little kid and a flooded apartment, my temps this weekend were non-existent, or just wrong. Oh well. I'll keep plugging things in, and we'll see what FF has to say to me. Here's where I am now: My Ovulation Chart (Let me know if it doesn't work).

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

#136 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 10:59 AM

SO i am finally done with AF, time to take stronger precautions. My favorite part. Another 3 weeks of sticking my fingers up myself. *sigh* i will start temping to get a better handle on my ovulation days. I forgot this morning but tomorrow i promise!

Sorry i didnt do personals, so much to read!

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#137 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
SO i am finally done with AF, time to take stronger precautions. My favorite part. Another 3 weeks of sticking my fingers up myself. *sigh* i will start temping to get a better handle on my ovulation days. I forgot this morning but tomorrow i promise!

Sorry i didnt do personals, so much to read!
Bettina - I don't do Cervix checks, too confusing for me. I find temps to be a much more reliable indicator of ovulation.

AFM: Temp dip today which is odd, I think I might be able to blame A. though, he stole the covers last night.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#138 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 12:16 PM

lyretae ~ Yay!

jj ~ O pains are not reliable for confirming or pinpointing O. There's no way for you to even know for sure that what you felt was O pain. Additionally, O pain can be caused by things other than just the egg being released. It can be caused by the growing follicles straining your ovary without the egg ever being released. I would not confirm O with those temps, especially with those missing temps within the 6 day window. Being sick could've delayed O. Just because you haven't Oed yet doesn't mean this cycle is going to be anov. You can't say a cycle is anov until you get a bleed with no confirmed O. Until then, there's always time to O. You can consider yourself safe every other day after the 4th consecutive dry CF day as long as your CF stays dry.

kc ~ If your temps stay up, you'll be able to confirm O for cd16. That's close enough.

Bettina ~ Have fun!

AFM, I still haven't started temping yet. I'm waiting on my CF. I think I started having very scant sticky yesterday but it's so little I'm not sure. I had a strange dream last night about CF. I won't go into the details because it was just so weird. My sex drive has been slowly increasing so, hopefully, something will happen soon.

#139 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 02:04 PM

FINALLY had a decent temp rise today. Yay!! It went up to exactly my normal post o temps. If i put in a temp for tomorrow, then it tells me that it can't confirm a date, but o occured between days 12 and 19. Well gee, thanks! lol. I think it could be either 15 or 19, but based on my cycle history, I'm assuming the 15th, and will expect AF based on that. Still no nookie around here, so I'm not worried about preventing

mw-- if my cycles weren't so smack dab normal, then I think I would have been more worried, but literally if this cycle went over 29 days, then it would only have been my second EVER. So even though I wasn't (and am not) able to confirm o, I really still am pretty sure I did. I would use o pain to stop using protection or anything, but I do feel it every month, so it was a bit of a confirmatino that everything was still on track. As you mentioned though-- I don't always feel o pain when the egg is being released. I think based on the days I normally feel it, it's mroe like one of the other descriptions. It's just always been a fairly reliable (though not foolproof) sign that my temp is going to rise soon, kwim?

Anyways-- what a weird cycle. I'm sure your right and it was the sickness, it's just so odd that it dropped my temp instead of raising it. You learn something new every day!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#140 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Bettina - I don't do Cervix checks, too confusing for me. I find temps to be a much more reliable indicator of ovulation.
While I agree on temps for reliability, I really like checking my cervix. It gives me another way to confirm, and especially right now while I'm nursing, it gives me some idea of fertility since I keep forgetting to temp #$$#@@$#&.

The hard part is re-learning me cervix! I haven't checked in like 16 months, and I have to re figure out what my hard and soft are, not to mention open and closed (I did have a c/s, but I had pushed the baby past my cervix.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Anyways-- what a weird cycle. I'm sure your right and it was the sickness, it's just so odd that it dropped my temp instead of raising it. You learn something new every day!
Is there any chance that you slept with your mouth open as a result of being sick/congestion? I know that can do it.

And I swear to goodness, I had no problem whatsoever remembering to temp before the baby. Grrr. I have 5 temps in 22 days. Grrrr.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#141 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 02:20 PM

i do too. because i often wake up very hot, i worry that will mess with my BBT. So i will combine temps and CM checks to get the best possible scenario.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#142 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 02:42 PM

I have never checked my cervix. Oddly, I'm totally freaked out about going "up" there. I don't like seeing/feeling "insides".

CD1 for me today. has arrived!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#143 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
I have never checked my cervix. Oddly, I'm totally freaked out about going "up" there. I don't like seeing/feeling "insides".

CD1 for me today. has arrived!

I check my cervix for CM, but for position/firmness I have no idea. I tried for three cycles to make rhyme or reason of it and finally gave up.

Yay for AF! How long was this cycles LP then?

#144 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 03:37 PM

I'm in the same boat as you lyterae-- I've tried, but I just can't seem to figure out what's what. It's not like it's bone... and I have a hard time figuring out what's supposed to be hard/soft, etc. I suppose if my cycles were more irregular, then I'd commit to it, just to have the extra guideline.

I do however, think I'm going to start checking CF internally next cycle, as it was very frustrating this cycle not being able to see/feel much of anything.

#145 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Regarding hard vs soft cervix, if it's soft, it generally feels like your lips and if it's hard, it feels like the tip of your nose.

#146 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Regarding hard vs soft cervix, if it's soft, it generally feels like your lips and if it's hard, it feels like the tip of your nose.
That part makes sense, however the way it corresponds to where I am in my cycle makes me want to tear my hair out.

#147 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 04:02 PM

It took me years before I really figured out my CP feeling. If you want to figure it out, you need to check it every day for a few cycles so you can detect the change rather than feeling for a specific thing. KWIM? Even now I can only tell the difference between LFC and HSO. I get confused about MMM. My HSO is very obvious, though, because I can literally put the entire tip of my finger inside my cervix (probably from having 2 babies). It can definitely help me determine if I'm fertile when my CF is ambiguous. That being said, I don't usually check it because I'm not that concerned about it. Sometimes I will check it when I think I'm close to O to see if it matches up.

#148 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 05:28 PM

i have been checking my Cm for 3 cycles now and still dont get it 100%. I am mostly concerned with fertile looking fluid more than position and firmness...

i was tempted to stop checking and just use natural planning but i dont think my BF would appreciate that.

ETA: is a 12 day LP a bad thing?

#149 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
i have been checking my Cm for 3 cycles now and still dont get it 100%. I am mostly concerned with fertile looking fluid more than position and firmness...

i was tempted to stop checking and just use natural planning but i dont think my BF would appreciate that.

ETA: is a 12 day LP a bad thing?
CM and CP are 2 different things. You don't necessarily have to check CM internally if you get enough to see externally. A 12 day lp is within the normal range.

#150 of 432 Old 02-08-2010, 06:54 PM

Really? I figured you used the CP and CM in combination with each other to determine fertility. No?

Thanks. I heard in TTC that a 14 day LP was super short

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page