Forum Jump: 

#121 of 159 Old 08-10-2004, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilli78
I think we are gonna be real bad at this. :
We ARE really bad at it! Thats why we use condoms and just do nfp for a heads up as to what is going on. We had the freaking condom open and still didn't use it...now we have Bryce! With Tracy it was pretty much the same way.

Lack of self control!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 159 Old 08-10-2004, 03:59 PM

Yeah, we use condoms too, because at this point I just have no idea what's going on with my body and we're not ready to TTC #2.

Though sometimes I think it'd be easier to deal with being pregnant/having a newborn than these crazy out-of-whack cycles
#123 of 159 Old 08-10-2004, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpear
Yeah, we use condoms too, because at this point I just have no idea what's going on with my body and we're not ready to TTC #2.

Though sometimes I think it'd be easier to deal with being pregnant/having a newborn than these crazy out-of-whack cycles
I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling this way!!! Ugh. I've been having such a hard time lately, I've begun feeling like throwing caution to the wind, quitting charting, and seeing what happens.

Ugh.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
#124 of 159 Old 08-11-2004, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I suggested to DH in the grocery store yesterday that we might buy some condoms in case of emergency horniness,
:LOL : I love "emergency horniness", I'm going to have to find a way to use that phrase! :LOL

This may be tmi, but am I the only person here who thinks of oral or manual sexual stimulation? I personally don't like to do oral, but Mike really enjoys doing it for me, and we're much happier doing that than we are with the idea of getting pregnant right now (which would be devastating). The other thing that helps is that we're both in agreement about it. Even though we're very horny a lot of the time, we've got our priorities and before our own brief satisfaction, we have to make sure that BooBah has milk for as long as she needs it to be healthy and that means that we have to do everything possible to avoid pregnancy. If there's a question in my mind about it, then we won't have intercourse, it's as simple as that.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#125 of 159 Old 08-11-2004, 01:08 PM

elionwy, it's like that with us too. DH is more careful than I am, simply because if I got pg, I wouldn't care. But, instead of avoiding entirely, we just use condoms.
#126 of 159 Old 08-11-2004, 05:02 PM

The oral or manual stimulation doesn't work for us because I don't like to do it. It's not that I think it's yucky or taboo. I'm just lazy. I'll admit it. My dh loves to do it but I don't. I feel guilty if I ask him to do it for me when I won't reciprocate, so, we use condoms.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#127 of 159 Old 08-11-2004, 07:26 PM

wow, this thread sure has been busy

to all the new ladies who have joined us! It's nice to see this thread getting some action :LOL

I am now charting my third cycle, and I must say it gets easier with each one. I am also excited, because with this last cycle I only had nausea and diarrhea, no actual vomiting, no days in bed, and I am SO relieved. Some kind people in health and healing gave me some good pointers, and I am so grateful.

Anyhow, yeah, we just aren't as careful as we should be. We would both love to be pregnant again right now, its finances that are holding us back mostly. We dont have any insurance (except dd) and I would qualify for Medicaid if I became pregnant, which is great, except Medicaid wouldn't cover my birthing center birth last time, much less the home birth I am determined to have this time

We started out using condoms, but now mostly use pull-and-pray :LOL We don't have the self control to abstain, and honestly don't get enough "time together" as it is. When we are both awake, have the energy, and the kid's asleep, you better believe we go for it :LOL

Gotto go, little one is up and asking for me
#128 of 159 Old 08-11-2004, 07:34 PM

My chart is here

Would anybody like to play the "Guess when I ovulated" game with me? I'm starting to get a little worried. Our BDing after CD11 was with condoms -- but I've identified about four different potential ovulation dates - two dangerous and two not so dangerous. . . I'm just wondering if anyone else has input for me. . .

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).
#129 of 159 Old 08-11-2004, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Mon, I know less than nothing about charting, but I agree with FF's choice of O date.

As for oral and manual pleasures, though they are nice and we both like to do it, it is not sufficient and we both want... umm... deeper satisfaction. :

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#130 of 159 Old 08-11-2004, 11:38 PM

Mon,

I would definitely say you Oed on CD20 like FF says, unless your temps drop again. I don't see O any sooner. Look at my chart for a comparison of temp spikes. They can happen throughout without being O. You have to have the sustained temps for confirmation of O.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/AlysiasBBTChart

I'm getting frustrated because I still haven't Oed. I'm beginning to wonder if I should bother temping since I'm still bf around the clock, never get 3 consecutive hours of sleep and can't temp at the same time every morning, although I do stay within an hour.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#131 of 159 Old 08-12-2004, 10:49 AM

So we had some emergency horniness last night. He was supposed to pull 'n' pray, but that didn't happen. FF thinks I am 4 dpo, though that is just temps b/c the CM has been hit or miss.

How do you link to your chart?

#132 of 159 Old 08-12-2004, 01:47 PM

My daughter is a result of pull 'n' pray

Have not been doing well at temping. I don't often get three hours of consecutive sleep, and when dd nurses in the early morning I don't wake up all the way. Upstairs neighbor has been singing/rapping at the top of his lungs from 3-6 AM the past couple of nights, which isn't particularly helpful either Trying to go by CM but I'm still getting a feel for reading it.

The (dubious) up side is that I don't have much libido anyhow, so all the charting is pretty much academic
#133 of 159 Old 08-12-2004, 02:24 PM

Quote:
How do you link to your chart?
You have to set up a homepage. I think the new way to do it is to go to the sharing button at the top of your chart page. You may have to have a VIP membership to do it.

#134 of 159 Old 08-12-2004, 05:26 PM

I've got a migraine . I think my period is coming. That's a good thing, but I was kind of hoping that all the other signs I had were flukes, and that I wasn't really having normal cycles yet.

I can't find my thermometer, I have no idea where it went. I'm going to have to get a new one, I guess. *sigh*

#135 of 159 Old 08-12-2004, 05:29 PM

I haven't charted since I got back from my honeymoon, so we've resorted to condoms, though I think I Oed on the honeymoon, and my boobs have been sore for the past few days, so I think I'm gonna start soon.

How is everyone else doing?
#136 of 159 Old 08-12-2004, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpear
My daughter is a result of pull 'n' pray
yeah, i know it isn't all that reliable as a form of bc. Which illustrates that we aren't fully committed to tta, we go back and forth about it, but if were to conceive we would be happy about it. kwim?

I'm enjoying the charting because it makes me notice things I wouldn't otherwise pay attention to about my body. I find it all so amazing, and it really boosts my confidence.

I am also having trouble with the temping aspect. eilonwy, i saw you posted on another thread about where do you keep your thermometer, and I've been meaning to answer you. As you know, I'm in the same boat as you are (co sleeping with a toddler) I have been successful in putting the thermometer between the mattress and boxspring on "my" side of the bed. It's easy to grab for me but out of dd's sight. I barely temped last cycle but my other O signs were very easy to detect.
#137 of 159 Old 08-12-2004, 09:20 PM

Subscribing to this thread. I just went off birth control pill after having issues with constant spotting and am going to do this. DH is nervous because he thinks this isn't going to work. Until I get the hang of charting properly we are still using a diaphram. This thread is very informative. I am looking forward to getting more familiar with charting and learning about htis form of BC. Anyway Hi everyone.
#138 of 159 Old 08-12-2004, 11:28 PM

Hi Erin!

So just saw some stretchy 1" EWCM. We did it last night but FF says I am 4 DPO. This FAM is going to give me a heart attack.

#139 of 159 Old 08-13-2004, 12:17 AM

Lilli, that CM could be a result of last night... unless you used a condom, in which case you shouldn't worry.
#140 of 159 Old 08-13-2004, 02:56 AM

I agree with persephone, lilli. That probably wasn't cm at all but semen. One way to tell the difference is to drop it in a cup of water. One rolls up into a ball and the other doesn't. I can't remember which does which now.

#141 of 159 Old 08-13-2004, 07:53 AM

So I found my thermometer last night-- it was with the kids' thermometers. Maybe I put it there, or maybe my son did, I've got no clue. Anyway, this morning's temp was around where I expected it to be.

I have to say, this method doesn't make me terribly nervous, probably because we used it successfully to avoid for 6 months. It seems like a good thing to me! I plan to buy my daughter a thermometer and a book when she starts to menstruate, just so she can get comfortable with knowing her fertility signals early on. The way I see it, if she's doing it from the time she's eleven or so, by the time she actually needs it she'll be somewhat proficient.

#142 of 159 Old 08-13-2004, 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=eilonwyThis may be tmi, but am I the only person here who thinks of oral or manual sexual stimulation?.[/QUOTE]

It only satisfies 3 out of 10 times around here. So, we normally go right from one thing to the other and then we are more likely to slip up.

I'm had some spotting (very light pink and then dark brown) last night and a tad spotting this morning but nothing since. I'm not sure what is going on. I thought I O;ed about 20 some days ago but I guess I'm wrong. Weird...

Incidently, this may very well be the LONGEST in our entire married 3 years I have gone 6 months or longer WITHOUT being pregnant!!

#143 of 159 Old 08-14-2004, 02:49 PM

Wow you ladies have been busy. I haven't charted at all this cycle. : But I've been very stressed and sick so it wouldn't wouldn't be very accurate. PLus the stress and illness (actually all three of us are sick) has led to a non-existant sex life! So, no need to worry about fertility now. No sex = no baby. I'm hoping to start again this cycle.
#144 of 159 Old 08-14-2004, 02:50 PM

PPM - gald your cycle was easy on you this time!
#145 of 159 Old 08-14-2004, 04:12 PM

spotting has turned to af!!

#146 of 159 Old 08-14-2004, 11:48 PM

congrats, megan!

I too am having a visit from today. great fun. :LOL i was vaguely surprised to learn that i'm completely out of tampons. of course, that's to be expected, i suppose... :LOL

#147 of 159 Old 08-15-2004, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
i was vaguely surprised to learn that i'm completely out of tampons. of course, that's to be expected, i suppose... :LOL
I was too! Luckily my mom had some

#148 of 159 Old 08-15-2004, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_our_family
I'm had some spotting (very light pink and then dark brown) last night and a tad spotting this morning but nothing since. I'm not sure what is going on. I thought I O;ed about 20 some days ago but I guess I'm wrong. Weird...

Incidently, this may very well be the LONGEST in our entire married 3 years I have gone 6 months or longer WITHOUT being pregnant!!
You know, I hate to say it.... but I started spotting when I became pregnant with DD1. It was a benign cervical polyp that was causing my uterus to leak a little blood from the weight of the new pregnancy. Apparrently, it is extremely common. SO: you could be preggos!

I've been moving from Atlanta to Boulder with my terrible and tender 2-1/2 yo and my 7 month old ... I tempted to Day 50 nearly, then gave up temping because I figured the move was stressing me out and delaying my cycle... I finally got my period, and I think I O'd bc my mucus changed... but I wasn't really paying attention. ... Now I wish I had been. I am resolving to be very diligent in recording starting the next cycle. this is a little difficult with young children, FB'ing, BF'ing, and moving across country away from Gramma.
-- Caitlin
#149 of 159 Old 08-15-2004, 04:45 AM

I spent so many years ttc that it's strange to read about you guys celibrating getting ag. I wonder if I will be able to switch my brain to that mode. I got very depressed when I got that pp bleed, which I now don't think was a true af. I'm getting very discouraged here. Today is CD30 and I thought maybe I had Oed because my temp went up yesterday but it's back down today and I had more ewcm, although a lot less than before. Does anyone know how normal or abnormal it is to not ovulate after having a pp bleed? I was really hoping my body would start working normally after this pg.

#150 of 159 Old 08-15-2004, 10:49 AM

Some people don't start ovulating right away when they get af back. I can't tell you much about it irl, because it's never applied to me. I definately ovulated this cycle, and not even late-- cd 10, which is pretty average for me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page