Darn hormones! How to squash the baby bug? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2010, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh and I are happy with out two wonderful kiddos. Our house accomidates our family size perfectly, I can handle the two of them as a SAHM, our income isn't ideal for a more kiddos, my health isn't so fantastic right now, I have some personal career goals I'd rather not put off another 6+ years until kiddos are in school, etc, etc, etc... everything points to us not having any more kids. I was TOTALLY on the no more babies train.... that was until PP AF returned a couple months ago (ds is 14.5 months). I know my new googoo eyes over babies are just hormones racing around because AF is back coupled with ds being less dependent (even though he always has me on my toes getting into trouble, still BFing quite a bit, and a mama's boy). 2 or 3 weeks out of the month I'm fine with the idea that at 25 I've left my baby having days behind but, that other week and a few days my hormones are trying to talk my brain into stupid things. If I were to get pregnant I'd never regret it and I'd be easily turned to being happy with the new little growing inside but I'd rather not have to even think about that at all. Dh doesn't want more but, he wouldn't be upset if there was ever an oops. So thats not an issue I have to worry about.

So, my question is not whether or not I should have another. My question is how on earth do I ditch the internal conflict between brain and ovaries?! The inner aregument going on behind the scenes while I go about my day is pretty annoying. I want smooth sailing like I had until PP AF made her way back. It doesn't help that I've had 4 periods in the last 2 months either.

Any ideas?

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2010, 09:34 AM

I have read so many similar posts just in the last two weeks as I have wrestled with the unbelievable feelings of wanting another kiddo amid the realization that time really is running out...
Never having had kids spaced close together I am now wondering if it is worth it to take away the whole attention of us all on my newest baby love in order to have one more since I can not wait three years for decent spacing (for me, lol - I know a whole bunch of you have irish twins!!).
As I have repeatedly read here, the little voice in my heart and head will never go away.

If you want to sound wise, go to school. If you want to be wise, go to nature.
My 3 sons! 8/92, 1/97 & 12/09!!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears73 View Post
I have read so many similar posts just in the last two weeks as I have wrestled with the unbelievable feelings of wanting another kiddo amid the realization that time really is running out...
Never having had kids spaced close together I am now wondering if it is worth it to take away the whole attention of us all on my newest baby love in order to have one more since I can not wait three years for decent spacing (for me, lol - I know a whole bunch of you have irish twins!!).
As I have repeatedly read here, the little voice in my heart and head will never go away.
I know it wouldn't be a bright idea for me to have another and I honestly don't want another ATM and don't think I will want a 3rd enough to ever have a 3rd in the future. Problem is... I'm 25..... I don't want to deal with this internal conflict for the next 15 years! If I'm not going to have another baby I imagine nature will keep torturing me.

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.

User Tag List