charting while cosleeping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2010, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello mama's! i'm wondering if anyone has tried temping while cosleeping, and how long they did it? DD is 10 months and has been cosleeping throughout that time. this is my 2nd cycle PP, and i'm wondering how accurate my temps are. DD still doesn't STTN, so often i'm awake and wrestling around in bed at 5am when i'm supposed to take my temp at 6:30, or i'll have to sit up with her for a bit in the middle of the night. how do you accurately temp while cosleeping?

K, wifey to M, PROUD SAH-mama to Catherine Grace
Had a dreamy VBAC waterbirth.jpg to handsome John Gabriel
Crazy about femalesling.GIF  cd.gif familybed2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 09:02 PM

I was worried about this too, since my son still has me up 3-4 + times a night. But, so far my temps seem "normal"...so hopefully it will be fine!

I've only been charting for a month, so I can't say for sure. But I am in the same boat!

Student Mama to Dmitri 07/11/09. Wife to a two-job student dad. So happy with our BF, Co-sleeping, No vax, No Circ. Vegetarian Family.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:18 PM

same here, we're at 16 months and i'm just getting first PP period, so planning to start charting again but wondering- temp when i first regain consciousness, even if early, or wait til same time each day? also- did anyone else feel like total crap during first PP period? or is it just a coincidental illness?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:43 PM

Us too! I cosleep with my 7 month old and 2 year old and I just temp whenever I wake up after my last "long" period of sleep... Usually around 6:30. I may be getting up for the day then or the kids might stay in bed for an hour or so longer but I am usually conscious around that time and usually have gotten at least 3, sometimes 5 hours of sleep. I do note when I have gotten less sleep than that and take that into account but it hasn't seemed to affect my temps too much... But this is my first postpartum cycle I'm charting .

User Tag List