Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, March 2010 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Monday ladies! It is a nice break from work to scroll through what you all have to say once in a while.

MW: Glad AF showed up for you!
Smokering: I have wondered the same thing, thanks for asking that question

AFM, back to waiting for O. This is kind of a fun game
My temp dropped just like it was supposed to for AF. How cool!

I have a random question. I expected AF to be heavier and/or longer now that I am off hormonal bc. But I still just had one day of somewhat heavy red flow, a light/medium day, and a very light/spotting day. Does this in anyway have any impact/meaning for fertility? Just wondering. TIA for your thoughts/info!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUvet View Post
I have a random question. I expected AF to be heavier and/or longer now that I am off hormonal bc. But I still just had one day of somewhat heavy red flow, a light/medium day, and a very light/spotting day. Does this in anyway have any impact/meaning for fertility? Just wondering. TIA for your thoughts/info!
I don't think this is considered a problem. I think a normal can be anywhere from 3-7 days long. If you haven't gotten pg after several cycles with good BD timing when you start TTC, you could have a hsg or hysteroscopy or a uterine biopsy to check your uterine lining. It's also possible that low estrogen and/or progesterone could cause a too thin uterine lining. But like I said, I wouldn't worry about that at this point. Seems normal to me. There is a lot of variation in for different women.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#363 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 PM

I just thought of something else about a shorter/lighter than expected . It can take several months for your body to get back to normal after being on hormonal bc. The shorter/lighter may be because your body isn't fully free of the effects of the bc.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#364 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

My AF is usually 2-3 days of light-medium bleeding followed by several days of spotting.

Before Becca it was consistently 3 heavy days - skip a day- 2 medium days.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#365 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 08:30 PM

This thread is busy today!

Out of 35 charted cycles I've had one anovulatory cycle. I don't consider a little spotting w/no O to be an AF.

Cass: I'm stalking your chart.

MW: I'd merge the anov cycles w/the next cycle w/the early O. So what's your verdict on your last cycle? O or no?

Beth: Just keep waiting. Sorry!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#366 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
MW: I'd merge the anov cycles w/the next cycle w/the early O. So what's your verdict on your last cycle? O or no?
Definitely anov. Nothing lines up, neither temps or CF, with when arrived. I agree that I don't consider spotting with no O to be and the beginning of a new cycle. If I merge the two cycles then O is very late so I still wouldn't keep it in my stats, would I?

#367 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroto42 View Post
I hope your Grandpa is doing well.
He is doing great now, thanks. He had us pretty worried for a while.

Cass, here's hoping for what's best!

MW, yay for AF!

Smokering, I have had two or three anov. cycles since my cycles returned a year and a half ago. I just stopped breastfeeding a little more than a month ago though so that could have been increasing the number, who knows? I charted before for a while and had a lot more anov. cycles and LONG ovulatory cycles, but that was just coming off BCP so I think that screws things up too.

Rara, I would put in the adjusted temp (but definitely make a note of what the two real temps were obviously) and then wait for FOUR temps above the coverline including today's. That's just what I'd probably do.

OSUvet, do you remember what your AF's used to be like before going on the hormonal BC?

AFM, I am beginning to wonder if I was overconfident. Hopefully this doesn't end up being a lesson for you all. It's clear that I have O'd at this point, but now I'm not sure when. My LP is 11-13 days but usually by 14 dpo (today) my temp has started dropping, or I've started spotting, or something. I'm thinking I could be off by one day (I thought I O'd CD 20 but maybe CD 21) so that AF still has one more day to show up. If she's not here by Wed morning and my temp is still up I'm going to have to assume I didn't O until CD 27. Does anyone see any other possibilities on my chart? If I did O CD 27, we just have to hope that the eggie was gone by evening on CD 28. Oops.

I don't know, my chart is confusing the heck out of me. BTW, it's impossible that I did O on CD 20/21 and am pregnant. My BD data is complete. I'm going to go all geek obsessive like MW here (j/k MW ) - I adjusted all my temps for time and plugged them into a cycle whose dates correspond to the present cycle in 2002, and I'm going to set that as the second chart in my homepage so you can all see it. I'm not sure if it makes things more or less clear. Ugh. Just too many different temp times. Here it is... let me know what you think.

CD 28 was after 4 days of CF dry up though so it "should" have been ok...though I think I mentioned I wasn't actually checking CF, just going by vaginal sensation. Naughty naughty, I am the bad example this cycle.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#368 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 09:50 PM

Well, I'm back from time zone hopping. Between that and having to switch thermometers, I've totally messed with my temps this cycle

But I'm pretty sure I didn't O in there anywhere yet, because my nipples are sore and I'm having wet CF again. Also, my temp is lower than ever, pretty much (I think this new thermometer runs cooler than the other).

A general question: I tend to have a week or so of wet CF, when it seems like I'm about to O, then it reverts to creamy, then back to wet and I actually do O with that second patch of fertile CF. Is that normal?

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#369 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinewife View Post
i really like the bd bbt. It does beep continually while taking your temp, which might be annoying. It doesn't bother me. I think if it didn't do that i'd fall back to sleep before it was done.

I finally got !
yay!!!

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

#370 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Naughty naughty, I am the bad example this cycle.
I'm right there with you for bad example this cycle...

I agree with your assessment for this month, I think your chart looks pretty.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#371 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUvet View Post
Both when I was a teenager (pre-birth-control) and when I was on and off the pill for years, I had long, agonizing, miserable periods. Several days of very heavy bleeding (bleeding through a super tampon in an hour bleeding), and then dribbles for days. After Lucy was born two years ago, it seemed like it would never end, and then I had a Mirena in, and between that and breastfeeding, I didn't have any kind of regular AF for almost two years. Now, it's much lighter than it was, but I mostly attribute that to the Diva Cup.

I think hormonal BC affects everyone different. For some people, it seems like the pill makes periods heavier instead of lighter. I never had mid-cycle spotting in my life, except when I was on the pill.

I wouldn't worry about the potential fertility implications of this for awhile yet.

#372 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
I agree with your assessment for this month, I think your chart looks pretty.
Um...really? LOL

#373 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 10:12 PM

Mel ~ I wouldn't put O before cd27. It is confusing, though, so I can't say anything for sure.

#374 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Um...really? LOL
LOL. Yup
Confusing,yes, but you obviously ovulated somewhere in there.

#375 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Mel ~ I wouldn't put O before cd27. It is confusing, though, so I can't say anything for sure.
What's your CL typically? That latest temp seems really high.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#376 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I knew I could count on you to say "nothing for sure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
What's your CL typically? That latest temp seems really high.
My CL is usually around 97.4. It's not unusual for my temp to go up to, say, 97.5 for a day from a really low temp and then rise higher. Consistent with O on CD 20. With an O on CD 27, a CL of 97.9 seems really high to me.

Edit: oh, and I also quite often have a 4 dpo dip, which is more consistent with a CD 27 O.

Maybe AF will show up soon...

#377 of 496 Old 03-22-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I finally got !

That's pretty much all I have to say. Except if DH and I don't DTD soon I'm going to have to go buy a new, um, you know. Thing. For myself.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#378 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post

That's pretty much all I have to say. Except if DH and I don't DTD soon I'm going to have to go buy a new, um, you know. Thing. For myself.
True story; last night, my youngest brother (age 20) bailed on Family Night to go "hang out" with his new girlfriend. We were all kinda teasing him, and I said "Well, have fun. But not as much fun as I would have." And he gets this look like he's putting one over on me, and says, "Can I have as much fun as you have with Robb (DH)?" And I laughed and said "Yes, you can have exactly as much fun as Robb and I have with a two year old in the house."

He was very annoyed at me.

#379 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 08:12 AM

You guys crack me up. We aren't having very much "fun" lately either around here.

This morning's temp is down. coming any minute or mid-LP/implantation dip? Or just *%*&@ screwed up chart and I haven't actually O'd yet? Remains to be seen. No signs of yet...

Edit: might as well add my chart link. For the stalkers among you.

#380 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Temp plummet today, apparently I got to have a 13 day LP this month. I assume that AF will be here sometime today, no sign of her yet.

#381 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 AM

Thanks all for your replies!

Barefootscientist (I love your screenname by the way. I feel it describes me as well!): It seems like AF was heavier before bc. But that was 12 years ago, and I was 15-16, and it also seems like AF was a bit longer a few years ago while I was ON bc. Dont get me wrong, I'm glad for it to be short I was just wondering if it meant anything to all you wise women.

And Nerdymom: You are funny Sometimes I feel this way, but happily, not lately!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#382 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
True story; last night, my youngest brother (age 20) bailed on Family Night to go "hang out" with his new girlfriend. We were all kinda teasing him, and I said "Well, have fun. But not as much fun as I would have." And he gets this look like he's putting one over on me, and says, "Can I have as much fun as you have with Robb (DH)?" And I laughed and said "Yes, you can have exactly as much fun as Robb and I have with a two year old in the house."

He was very annoyed at me.
LOL! yeah, that's pretty much been our problem. That and DH's schedule. DS did STTN last night so I'm feeling much better about things.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#383 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
And I laughed and said "Yes, you can have exactly as much fun as Robb and I have with a two year old in the house."
I read once that having kids is like have drunken midgets for constant chaperones.

I did the override thing just to give you guys an idea of how devastating that missed temp was/is.
I guess I have to wait for another high temp tomorrow --
Big Sigh. . .

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
#384 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Beth - Why is yesterdays temp open? (Sorry, I don't remember). Looking at your chart I think I would put ovulation at CD 18 (same coverline). I do agree on needing another high temp before you can confirm it though.

#385 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Looking at your chart I think I would put ovulation at CD 18 (same coverline). I do agree on needing another high temp before you can confirm it though.

#386 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Beth - Why is yesterdays temp open? (Sorry, I don't remember). Looking at your chart I think I would put ovulation at CD 18 (same coverline). I do agree on needing another high temp before you can confirm it though.
I woke up 2 hours early - if you calculate the .2 degrees per hour the silly temp would be over the CL. . .

Do you think that we'd be certain safe for tomorrow if I get a temp over 96.6?
Thanks for putting up with my hand-wringing!

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
#387 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

If tomorrows temp is above coverline I personally would feel safe, but I'm okay with an "oops." Otherwise I'd wait an extra day.

#388 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Any possibility I have O day wrong? Today is 14DPO, my temp did a nosedive today. AF is not here and shows no signs of starting.. No signs of spotting, no backache, my cervix is nearly unreachable etc.. What the heck? I know I just need to wait, but sheesh. I thought I had it all figured out.

#389 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 11:00 PM

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi- I'm starting to chart to avoid. I'm 5 months postpartum, no sign of AF yet, but want to get into the habit of temping and checking my cm.

I just finished TCOYF and it blew my mind and can't believe they don't teach us this stuff in school (One more reason to home/unschool!).

Can't wait to share my chart!

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#390 of 496 Old 03-23-2010, 11:22 PM

Cass: I think your O looks solid. I'm still stalking your chart.

MsVyky: Welcome! Assuming you're breastfeeding, I'd recommend reading Breastfeeding and Natural Child Spacing or The Seven Standards of Ecological Breastfeeding. Many mothers will just monitor CM postpartum and wait to start temping after they start seeing EWCM. It's really a drag to chart for extended periods of time w/nothing going on! And , totally agree w/you on how unbelievable it is that we can go so long w/out knowing this basic info about how our bodies work!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page