Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, March 2010 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 496 Old 03-30-2010, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tricky. Do you check CF internally or externally? Maybe it somehow just took a while to make it's way down?? Every now and then I get fertile CF after o, but my CF sometimes feels like it doesn't follow the normal patterns at all. If you rarely or never have EW after o, then I might be inclined to believe that's still true. However, from the available temps... it does look like you've probably o'ed.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#482 of 496 Old 03-30-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrandonsmom View Post
Have any of you had mid cycle spotting after o and not been pregnant?
I have, but only very, very scant spotting.

JJ, you can do a slow rise if you have a temp only .1 degree above the previous six. Then you draw the coverline right through that temp and wait for four above it. A pain, I know. I don't think you can do that with your chart because you have two temps right on the coverline. I would wait for a few more higher ones. But it all depends on how conservative you want to be...you've also had three days of dry-up so if you get one more dry day and another high temp tomorrow (above the CL) you are probably good.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#483 of 496 Old 03-30-2010, 08:51 PM

Emily ~ I wouldn't put O on cd24. CD25 is possible.

jj ~ I haven't studied or really used the LTL/HTL but I can try to explain it. The LTL goes through the highest of your previous 6 rather than the CL that goes 0.1 degree above it. The HTL goes 0.4 degree above the LTL. Your first 3 temps should be above the LTL with at least one being at or above the HTL. If none of the 3 temps is at or above the HTL but the 4th is, you're still good. If none of those go to or above the HTL, you can't confirm O. Anyone who's more experienced, please correct me if I'm wrong.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#484 of 496 Old 03-30-2010, 09:32 PM

Ok, that makes sense... either way, I have to keep waiting though. le sigh. I'll wait until tomorrow to see what that temp is like, and then try to figure it out again based on how high/low that temp is.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#485 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 12:00 PM

Hi everyone

I am just bored, waiting to O

Thanks everyone for your great explanations all the time Hope you are all having a great week!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#486 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUvet View Post

I am just bored, waiting to O
Me too, it's not very exciting until that happens. I still need to remember to get my thermometer out so that I'll know when I O. I keep sleeping through the alarmclock

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#487 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 01:54 PM

Hey Ladies! This is a bit O/T, but do you all have any experience with progesterone tests? I had mine checked at 6 DPO this cycle (according to the FF chart) and it was 12.8, which the doc said was "great, normal" for a non-pregnant cycle.

So can you have a short LP (mine averages 10 days...ranges from 9-11) but everything be actually fine??

Also, I am taking Vitex, which might be lengthening the LP a bit. So I'm worried that the Vitex is raising prog. and that if I get a BFP in a few months and quit taking the Vitex, I will have problems.

Any insight?

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#488 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
Me too, it's not very exciting until that happens. I still need to remember to get my thermometer out so that I'll know when I O. I keep sleeping through the alarmclock
Gah! My catch-22 is that if I leave it out, DD will take it and hide it (maybe she is angling for a little brother or sister ). But if I put it away, I am more likely to forget to temp

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#489 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
That's what I thought was going to happen to mine, but then it stayed up. *shrugs* Just to confuse us... lol. We could swap temps, that's totally legit right?
I've got a 97.7, if anyone wants to trade

nerdymom: very cute avatar -- I keep thinking how funny it is that of all the ladies on here, you and MW are the only one's I've "seen"

bbm: I sometimes have pinky tinge in the middle of LP --usuallly if my cervix is irritated. . .

jj: I'd give it another temp. . . better late than pregnant, I always say

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
#490 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 02:21 PM

ready ~ I think docs like progesterone to be at least 10 at 7dpo for an unmedicated cycle. For a medicated cycle, they like it to be at least 15.I don't know if that's good or bad in light of a short lp. A 10 day lp is considered borderline. It's only a problem if you've been ttc for several cycles with good bd timing and haven't gotten pg or have had early losses. There are many women who get and stay pg with a 10 day lp. Taking vitex might be equivalent to a medicated cycle. Does your doc know you are taking it?

My progesterone at around 14dpo when I got pg last May was only 14.8. The doc told me that was good. I did miscarry but at around 8-9 weeks, so supposedly past the time I would've if I'd had low progesterone. I also didn't have any bleeding or spotting that might indicate low progesterone.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#491 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobedone View Post
So can you have a short LP (mine averages 10 days...ranges from 9-11) but everything be actually fine??
I don't know much about progesterone levels and I know nothing about Vitex, but to this part, yes, absolutely.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#492 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post

nerdymom: very cute avatar -- I keep thinking how funny it is that of all the ladies on here, you and MW are the only one's I've "seen"

bbm: I sometimes have pinky tinge in the middle of LP --usuallly if my cervix is irritated. . .

jj: I'd give it another temp. . . better late than pregnant, I always say
Mine was 97.7 too... I got nothing for you! haha

So I've definately o'ed now, day 14, or 16, but CF lines up with 14, so we'll go with that until CD 27 and then reevaluate.

#493 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
ready ~ I think docs like progesterone to be at least 10 at 7dpo for an unmedicated cycle. For a medicated cycle, they like it to be at least 15.I don't know if that's good or bad in light of a short lp. A 10 day lp is considered borderline. It's only a problem if you've been ttc for several cycles with good bd timing and haven't gotten pg or have had early losses. There are many women who get and stay pg with a 10 day lp. Taking vitex might be equivalent to a medicated cycle. Does your doc know you are taking it?

My progesterone at around 14dpo when I got pg last May was only 14.8. The doc told me that was good. I did miscarry but at around 8-9 weeks, so supposedly past the time I would've if I'd had low progesterone. I also didn't have any bleeding or spotting that might indicate low progesterone.
He knows I'm taking Vitex but my guess is he knows nothing about it.

#494 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 09:44 PM

From what I've read about Vitex it's supposed to increase progesterone. That's why it can make your lp longer. I'm not sure exactly how that works. I've read stuff about it making you have a stronger O (whatever that means), which I guess could result in a stronger corpus luteum cyst, which could result in higher progesterone or the CL cyst lasting longer.

I have read contradictory things about taking Vitex and/or stopping it while pg. I've read some things (or maybe just people's opinions) that taking Vitex after getting pg can be dangerous. I've read other things that say it's ok to continue it for the first trimester in the same way you would continue taking progesterone supplements for at least the first 10 weeks of pg. I have read that it can be dangerous for the pg to stop taking Vitex all at once. If you want to stop taking it after you are pg, you should wean off it slowly.

Maybe you could take some literature on Vitex to your doctor and ask what s/he thinks about it. You may have already explained and I've forgotten, but why are you taking it? Because you were worried about your lp length? If so, is there anything else that could explain your shorter lp? At any rate, from what I've read about progesterone levels (and that's a lot from when I was going through infertility treatments), a level of 12.8 at 6dpo is good. I guess the issue with a short lp would be if it drops off too much, too quickly after that to support a pg.

#495 of 496 Old 03-31-2010, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

It's hard to believe but it's that time again...

The April(!) thread is up and can be found here

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#496 of 496 Old 04-01-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post

Thanks! I am friends with a few MDC people on FB, it's so odd. Also hard sometimes to connect them with their real names! lol.

I'm so irritated. What does this mean anyway? I haven't had a sustained temp shift but I have no CM anymore. After two more days of no CM we are "safe" to DTD after 6pm, correct?

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page