Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, March 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 496 Old 03-03-2010, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this may be TMI, but hey, we're charting here!! when you first started charting, were you checking CP? do you/did you check it everyday? because i just recently starting CP and i'm not sure i can tell the difference between ovulation CP and regular CP. any tips?

K, wifey to M, PROUD SAH-mama to Catherine Grace
Had a dreamy VBAC waterbirth.jpg to handsome John Gabriel
Crazy about femalesling.GIF  cd.gif familybed2.gif

#62 of 496 Old 03-03-2010, 10:38 PM

I don't check because I found it too confusing, and for me... Well I'm ok with an oops! I think if I were more worried about it, then I would commit to checking though. And I do believe that if you're looking to use it as a sign, several people have said it can take months before yuo feel confident. So I would check it every day, and maybe on a piece of looseleaf or something, write a description. And then after some time has gone by, you'll have a better description that just "high soft open" etc which can be confusing if you don't know what you're comparing it to.

But then again-- I dont check, so someone else might have better advice!

Rara-- yay for spotting!

MW: Wow. That sounds like some super special CF.

Random: FF calls watery fertile too. What I keep trying to remember is the picture of the sperm trying to swim through it, and I find that helps me remember what is and isn't fertile-- ie if it looks smooth enough to swim through- it's fertile. The sticky/very thick etc, maybe not so much.

AFM: I took my temp an hour late today, and so on my chart right now, it technically would be above my coverline if I drew up. Should I adjust this so that FF doens't alter my O date, or just leave it. I've been trying *not* to alter temps this month.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#63 of 496 Old 03-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemama09 View Post
this may be TMI, but hey, we're charting here!! when you first started charting, were you checking CP? do you/did you check it everyday? because i just recently starting CP and i'm not sure i can tell the difference between ovulation CP and regular CP. any tips?
If you want to learn your CP, you need to check it once a day, every day at the same time each day and in the same position. In the beginning, rather than worrying about whether or not you can discern the particular positions described in the books just try to notice when it changes. It will probably take you a few cycles to learn how it changes. Position is probably the easiest to get a handle on. In the beginning of your cycle and after O it should be easy to reach. As you get closer to O it will move further up until you might not be able to reach it at all.

jj ~ I'm not sure what you mean by your temp would be above the CL if you drew up. Does FF adjust your O day when you put the temp in as is? If you took it an hour later than usual, adjusted it would be 0.2 degrees lower. Unless you think FF will give you a confirmed O day because of the higher temp when you no you haven't Oed yet, I wouldn't worry about adjusting it at this point. If it gets in the way later, you can adjust it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#64 of 496 Old 03-03-2010, 11:25 PM

I'm literally waiting to o right now, so if I leave it as is, and put in a similiar temp for tomorrow, then it gives me crosshairs for two days ago. If I adjust it, then no crosshairs. Until tomorrow though it won't do anything with it. It's just an awkward date for it because I do expect to O within the next two days, otherwise I'd just ignore it. I'm worried that the high temp will affect my true coverline temperature, if that makes sense.

Chart Here...

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#65 of 496 Old 03-03-2010, 11:29 PM

Duh. I just went back and reread my post, and I meant to say "above my coverline if I drew ONE" not "up"

I was like "I don't get what you don't understand... "

So what I mean is that right now, based on that chart, I could draw a CL at 97.8 correct? Because the elevated temp is .2 higher, so I draw the line .1 higher? I'm not very good at putting in my own CL, just seeing the overall picture. But with that coverline, then it's going to think I o'ed. When really... the temp wasn't accurate.

#66 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
Welcome On FF go to the SHARING button on the left hand side, then HOME PAGE SETUP -- on that page hit GET SHARING CODE/BUTTONS (we use bbCode Code)
Thanks RaraAvis! Does this work: My Ovulation Chart ?
Waiting to see if a couple temps >98 are coming to confirm O. We were not very...um...careful... during what looks like my fertile phase, so it is possible that my first attempt at CTA is a failure Well I just picked up my copy of TCOYF today, so I am studying up!

Oh well, DH and I both really want a baby, and we are only CTA to get in a bit better health for TTC so... well we will see I guess!

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#67 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 01:00 AM

jj ~ The s/w is set up to ignore outlying temps, especially if they were taken outside your regular temp time. I wouldn't worry about it at this point. If you have two more high temps and FF gives you crosshairs, you know you'll need to wait at least one more day to be sure. Yes, you would put your CL at 97.8 for now.

Ovuset ~ That worked. It looks like O could've been yesterday but you need two more consecutive temps above 97.9 to be sure.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#68 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 09:10 AM

Well, AF arrived today.

But I'm pretty stoked that I O'd on CD 21, and had a solid 12 day LP, well, 13, acutually, since yesterday (13 DPO) my temp dropped by AF didn't start till this morning. Which makes this a 34 day cycle for me!

Which, for me, is REGULAR!!!!!! The shortest I've ever had was 30 days.

DH and I agreed that I won't chart for real again this month...we really liked it that way. But I DO like taking my temp after I'm pretty sure I've O'd, because my temps follow a pattern pretty well so I can kind of confirm it, plus then I know when to expect AF.

Emily--Married to the love of my life 2008--Joyful mommy to Rachel Elizabeth 12/10
PM me about low supply; insufficient glandular tissue; posterior tongue tie; lip tie bfinfant.gif
#69 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 03:35 PM

do temps usually drop right a the beginning of a new cycle, right before/after OR (as I suspect) it completely depends on the individual?

I'm sort of bummed I lost about a weeks worth of data in my cycle with my hard drive crashing. it was my first really clear and obvious cycle but I think I have enough still to go by... my computer guy was also able to recover my usable data off the shot hard drive so if I can just figure out how to unzip them I might be able to recover a few more days... anyone done this using ovusoft?

thanks

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#70 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 03:49 PM

Does anyone else here feel that you have more wet vaginal sensations AFTER O? because CD17, right after my temp shift, I had sticky CM, but every day since then I've had milky/creamy CM, which according to the book is considered fertile, I'm fairly certain.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#71 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
do temps usually drop right a the beginning of a new cycle, right before/after OR (as I suspect) it completely depends on the individual?
It depends...on the individual, and on the cycle, I think. I say that, because I used to get the temp drop the day before/day of AF, but now I dont. :

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

#72 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmevans View Post
It depends...on the individual, and on the cycle, I think. I say that, because I used to get the temp drop the day before/day of AF, but now I dont. :
Yeah, every person and every cycle is different. Some women always get a temp drop. Some women never do. I do sometimes but never really low. Sometimes my temps stays up above my old CL well into my new cycle.

nerdy ~ Creamy is considered fertile before O. Post-O, as long as you've had a clear sustained thermal shift, it's not. Some women claim that lots of creamy CF after O indicates pg but there isn't any significant data on that.

#73 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Some women claim that lots of creamy CF after O indicates pg but there isn't any significant data on that.
*gulp* I was just getting on to say something like, "it's seems like I've O'ed and now I'm getting gobs of creamy CF"

I really don't think I'm pg but I am very confused by my cf patterns. When do most women get their most fertile cf? Is it most fertile on the day of O?

I think that I don't get what most people call "EWCF" but I mark it on my chart when I get what I think is my most fertile cf, does that make sense?

my chart
#74 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolip View Post
I really don't think I'm pg but I am very confused by my cf patterns. When do most women get their most fertile cf? Is it most fertile on the day of O?

I think that I don't get what most people call "EWCF" but I mark it on my chart when I get what I think is my most fertile cf, does that make sense?

my chart
Your peak is usually the day of or the day before O but it can be up to 3 days before your thermal shift starts. It's the day of the most fertile CF you have before O. It can be creamy, watery or ew. You do not have confirmed O yet but it's possible you Oed on cd11 or 12 based on your temps. One more high temp should confirm it. I'd probably go with cd12 at this point just to be safe. What's the reason for the open circle on cd12?

As far as how to record CF, you should record it as it is. If the wettest you get is creamy, record that. That could be your peak for now. It is fertile and you can get pg with creamy CF.

#75 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 07:34 PM

I get TONS of creamy after I O, and very little EW or watery beforehand. Haven't been pregnant thus far. hehe

Also, my temp always drops at least the morning of AF starting, though often it doesn't drop below coverline right away.

AFM: Today's temp confuses things. I was almost sure it was going to be an obvious o temp. My pre-o average this cycle (by eyeballing it) it about 97.5, taken at 7am and my temp today at 530am was 97.5. Based on previous charts, my temps usually do follow the .2 per hour.

Either way.... adjusting them both, or not adjusting them both (as I have it right now), FF (and temping common sense) says no O. I really think I have, I had EW which seems to have disappeared now, or at least gotten very scant, and I felt o type pain three days ago. *sigh* I guess I just keep waiting for more temps.

My CL last month adjusted for time (I was temping at 5am, not 7am like this month) is 97.5. That's my average temp this month. Do you think that may be what's messing things up? I'm not sure why I wouldn't have had a temp drop.

#76 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
What's the reason for the open circle on cd12?

I took my temp at 5:00 instead of 5:45...
#77 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 07:42 PM

You can't just eyeball a CL. You determine the CL by looking at the previous 6 temps, finding the highest one of those 6 and putting your CL 0.1 degree above that highest temp. It can change every time you get a new temp if you haven't Oed. I'd put your CL at 97.8 so far. If you adjust your temp today, it would be at 97.8. I wouldn't infer anything from the previous chart as to what your CL might be this cycle. Some women do have a clear pattern where their temps remain within the same range and their CLs don't vary much but that's not a hard and fast rule. Every cycle and every chart is different. You have to look at each as a separate event.

#78 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I took my temp at 5:00 instead of 5:45...
So adjusted it would be somewhere between 98.0 and 98.1. That's a good indication that you Oed on cd11. However, since that temp isn't accurate you need to wait for tomorrow's temp for confirmation.

#79 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Oh sorry I didn't mean to infer that it would be the same coverline, just the fact that my temps are hovering right around where my coverline was from last month. Like if I had continued on last months chart, going in a line, most of the temps are still above that coverline and I'm on day 16 already, which is usually LP. It seems weird to me. I don't *feel* like I've been that sick, but I'm wondering if maybe I was sick enough towards the beginning of my cycle to keep my temps higher. *shrugs* Still waiting I suppose. Darn condoms.

#80 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
Welcome On FF go to the SHARING button on the left hand side, then HOME PAGE SETUP -- on that page hit GET SHARING CODE/BUTTONS (we use bbCode Code)

AFM: Spotting, And a nice little temp drop Now, just waiting for things to really get going so I can start a new cycle!
yay for AF!

Mine came yesterday.

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#81 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
Oh sorry I didn't mean to infer that it would be the same coverline, just the fact that my temps are hovering right around where my coverline was from last month. Like if I had continued on last months chart, going in a line, most of the temps are still above that coverline and I'm on day 16 already, which is usually LP. It seems weird to me. I don't *feel* like I've been that sick, but I'm wondering if maybe I was sick enough towards the beginning of my cycle to keep my temps higher. *shrugs* Still waiting I suppose. Darn condoms.
Temping later will raise your temps. If you temped at 5:30 last cycle but are temping at 7 this cycle, that's enough to raise your temp to your CL or above from last cycle. I also wanted to add that you might be able to use the ROT to discount a few of your higher temps to make your CL this cycle lower but I don't recommend that, at least not yet. Discounting a few temps is ok but too many and your chart becomes inaccurate.

#82 of 496 Old 03-04-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah, every person and every cycle is different. Some women always get a temp drop. Some women never do. I do sometimes but never really low. Sometimes my temps stays up above my old CL well into my new cycle.

nerdy ~ Creamy is considered fertile before O. Post-O, as long as you've had a clear sustained thermal shift, it's not. Some women claim that lots of creamy CF after O indicates pg but there isn't any significant data on that.
ok thanks! I doubt it's a sign of pg, we use condoms so I'm not worried about that.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#83 of 496 Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:

my chart
I barely get any EW per cycle at this point, which is funny, because I vaguely remember from being a kid that I used to get GOBS. Years on the pill, pregnancy, nursing, and a hormonal IUD all seem to have made some pretty interesting changes to my body. I'd say just mark it down as you get it; according to TCOYF, some women never really get any EW at all.

AFM, FF gave me hatched crosshairs this morning. I think it's full of crud; would I really still be having watery CF this many days after O?

Your opinion needed, please! All the open circles are due to late temps, around 7am instead of 5:30. The two year old has not had a great month thus far.

The explanation of why is a whole TLR, but this is not a month when I'm okay with an oops. Any time between next month and when we actually start ttc in the summer, an oops is something I could handle, but this month, I would be really stressed out. So there are no potential "events" to be worried about at this point, just trying to confirm O so I can stop worrying.

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

#84 of 496 Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroto42 View Post

Your opinion needed, please! All the open circles are due to late temps, around 7am instead of 5:30. The two year old has not had a great month thus far.
Last month I had fertile CM all through my LP.. I would wait at least one more day because of the missed temps to confirm O. There is definitely a temp shift that took place though.

AFM: CD 14, still nothing terribly exciting going on. Waiting to O!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#85 of 496 Old 03-05-2010, 12:45 PM

kc ~ I agree that you can't confirm O with that data. Which O detector do you have the s/w set to? I think it's possible you Oed on cd13 or 14 but with that one missing temps there's no way to know at this point. Right now I'd put your CL at 98.0. If you have one more temp above that, I'd feel pretty comfortable that you Oed one either cd13 or 14, like I said.

AFM, I'm trying not to get my hopes up again because this has happened so many times this cycle already, but I got a high temp today. It's higher than any of my other high temps, too. So even if I leave those higher temps in, today's temp is still above my CL. Course it could just be another fluke.

My FF Chart

My Ovusoft Chart

I've been getting stressed about the baby thing lately. I thought I really wanted another baby and would be so happy if I actually had one. Lately, though, I've been thinking that I couldn't handle it, especially with my dh gone so much. It's just so much work taking care of 2 LOs and 1 adult child on my own. I'm so tired of doing everything for everyone all the time. I haven't been eating much so much so that I think I've lost weight. After struggling for months to try to lose a few pounds I now seem to be losing it without doing anything, just being stressed. My dh tries to understand but since he's never taken care of all the kids on his own for more than a couple of hours, he can't possibly know what it's like.

So the whole reason this has come up for me now is because of my dh's visit in April. Originally, it looked like good timing for TTA because I was going to be post-O, possibly having (kind of a bummer but at least I wouldn't have to think about things). Now that this cycle is dragging I have no idea where I'll be in my cycle when dh comes home. Then I have to think about what I want to do. Do I tell dh he needs to prevent or do I just let things happen? If I got pg in April, I'd have the baby in late December/early January. My dh will most likely be deployed again. Then again, he'll probably deployed at some point in the first year of any baby we might have within the next couple of years. I just don't know what I want.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for reading.

#86 of 496 Old 03-05-2010, 01:23 PM

Today FF gave me cross-hairs confirming that I O'ed on CD14.My Ovulation Chart
I am really excited to see how nice my chart is looking so far, for my first cycle off the pill in so long and my first cycle charting ever. I am also excited because my fertility signs were quite clear, and I was 90% sure I had O'ed on CD14 even before I saw my temp rise the next day. I had definite EWCM and cramps/O pain on the right side. I am starting to think I can figure all this out!!

So now... I guess I am sorta in tww territory since I know its *possible* I could be pregnant this cycle.

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#87 of 496 Old 03-05-2010, 01:23 PM

Hi ladies!!

I have been gone for so long. I had a lot going on around here, and then I got the worst mastitis of my entire life. I actually had to eventually get antibiotics (which I haven't had in over 5 years). It was awful.

Of course it happened right in the middle of ovulation. I have NO idea whether I ovulated or not!! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2be681 The days that are recorded as Eggwhite (which I never get) I'm not sure really are eggwhite. It was basically this "snotty" consistency. Sorry TMI. I usually feel patches of wetness after O but I don't usually check the consistency or anything once I've noticed a sustained thermal shift. This time since my temps were so off due to illness (the missing temps were 100.8, 98.6 and something else) I can't tell when the thermal shift started.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the new people!

ETA: The 97.7 temp may have been a slight temp still.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#88 of 496 Old 03-05-2010, 01:32 PM

FF gave me crosshairs this morning Didn't expect to O that early

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b6757
#89 of 496 Old 03-05-2010, 01:42 PM

Yep, that looks like O, Toolip and OSUvet.

Kim ~ I think it's possible you Oed on cd23 but with those missing temps, as you know, you can't be sure yet.

#90 of 496 Old 03-05-2010, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Wowie, everybody is ovulating or getting ready to! I hope I join the ranks soon.

MW: I can only imagine how difficult parenting with your DH deployed is, I remember the first year with Becca my DH would commonly work from 8 am till 8 or 9pm and I thought it was AWFUL. I think it takes a very special kind of person to hold a home together like you do. I'm also crossing my fingers that O has finally happened for you!

OSuvet: Yay for O!

Kimmie: If you discard that 97.7 does it give you cross-hairs? I don't know that you'll be able to tell when you ovulated this cycle (I hate sickness right during ovulation!) You will at least be able to say that you HAVE ovulated and are "safe" again.

Toolip: Another earlier one! Wow, CD12 ovulation. Can I join that party?

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page