Questions about Mirena removal - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-22-2010, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my mirena taken out two weeks ago. I never had any susstained bleeding but several times i've felt a gushing of blot and have seen clots when i got into the bathroom. This happened one week out, twice over two days, and i haven't had hardly any bleeding at all in a week but just now i was passing more clots. I dont' have any cramps or anything. I"m just wondering how long this will last? I don't really have enough money for another copay right now. Iv'e already been to the dcotor twice after having it removed.

How long until the bleeding and clots stop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-24-2010, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe4babies View Post
I had my mirena taken out two weeks ago. I never had any susstained bleeding but several times i've felt a gushing of blot and have seen clots when i got into the bathroom. This happened one week out, twice over two days, and i haven't had hardly any bleeding at all in a week but just now i was passing more clots. I dont' have any cramps or anything. I"m just wondering how long this will last? I don't really have enough money for another copay right now. Iv'e already been to the dcotor twice after having it removed.

How long until the bleeding and clots stop?
I didn't have any bleeding when mine came out, but I'd only had it in for about 18 months, and I'd had light periods the last few months (I'd been nursing and probably wouldn't have had periods before that anyway). What did your doctor say, that this was normal, or that you should come in if you're still passing clots?

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

User Tag List