Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, April 2010 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 370 Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CD3 on my third cycle. I had a weird cycle last month. Textbook temp shift, but a return of CF including a day of EWCF during they week after O. As in, started again after Peak day and the correct number of days dry. How do I interpret that? I admit it worried me because we were "safe" as of the day before it and DTD without withdrawing, then the next day it started back up... But obviously, it worked out ok because here I am on the next cycle.
#362 of 370 Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 AM

fresh_vegie ~ I agree with BFS. Last cycle O was probably sometime from cd17 to cd19. That would make your lp 13-15 days long. So, yeah, I think your CHes are correct for this cycle and you could start expecting today. Remember that it is within normal for the lp to vary up to 2 days so, assuming your lp is normally 15 days long, may not show for another 2 days and you'd still be ok. I'm not sure how the paragard affects cycles. Copper is not an inert metal inside the body, though. I think it does have some sort of effect on things other than just the physical barrier to implantation.

echo ~ I don't recall there being any hard and fast rules about using the Rule of Thumb (ROT) to disregard outlying temps. I wish there were something like if it's more than 0.2 degrees higher or lower (although lower doesn't really matter) than all the other temps it can be disregarded. Anyway, the basic idea is to put your thumb above the group of lower temps and see if any of the temps are covered by your thumb. If so, you can use the ROT to disregard them. Obviously, a temp of 97.8 when all your other temps have been below 97.4 is an outlying temp and can be disregarded. Ovusoft will do it for you if you set it in your preferences. The ROT option is on the Temperature and Time tab.

dealic ~ It's normal to get fertile looking CF mid-lp and right before . As long as you have a clear and sustained thermal shift you can continue to consider yourself safe.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#363 of 370 Old 04-29-2010, 03:28 PM

Really? Thank you for telling me that. I haven't ever had it happen before, so I was thrown off. The things you learn. I thought I knew my body well but these last 2 cycles have shown me how different it is from what I thought.
#364 of 370 Old 04-29-2010, 07:45 PM

What MW said about outlier temps. I actually just read that section of TCOYF yesterday. There's not a lot of detail... I normally only discard temps if I can think of a reason *why* it would be off... However, there's months like now, where a week plus after the fact, I can look at a temp and go ok... there's no other reason, but I know it wasn't an O temp rise, so i feel ok with ignoring it.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#365 of 370 Old 04-29-2010, 07:47 PM

Oops I meant to ask a question of my own. I'm almost positive I'm post o, though FF hasn't confirmed it yet due to, actually an outlier temp... but anyways, post o... And I had CF today that in my underwear looks sticky/creamy, on my fingers feels definately creamy, but on toilet paper it has a bit of an EW looking sheen to it... So... what would you classify it as? My instinct says creamy, since that's the *feeling* both internal and on fingers, but I'm not sure, because it seems weird to ignore the EW like sheen. Shouldn't matter anyways, as I'm pretty sure I'm post o, but just curious.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#366 of 370 Old 04-29-2010, 08:25 PM

My CF that's shiny like EW but not stretchy is sticky. It doesn't have a creamy feel, though.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#367 of 370 Old 04-29-2010, 09:01 PM

That makes sense, because on my underwear it looks sticky, but it feels creamy. I think it's probably transitional between the two.

#368 of 370 Old 04-29-2010, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Ladies - I know it's early but I'm going to try to get the May thread up and running tonight. I will be out of town this weekend (through late Saturday). Sorry for any confusion, I'm not meaning to rush the days any quicker than they are going by.

AFM: Cycle day 5... is still visiting. The past several cycles I've had a 2-3 day visit so this is really aggravating.

Tonight B. refused goodnight kisses because kisses are "gross"

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#369 of 370 Old 04-29-2010, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I did get the new thread up and it can be found here

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#370 of 370 Old 04-30-2010, 10:41 AM

I have crosshairs!

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page