Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness, May 2010 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2010, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
I want to tell DH we're safe this week, but for some reason I'm hesitant. FF isn't giving me a DPO count, and CF is either sticky OR creamy on and off. But, I've got 7 high temps, so that should count for something, right? Why hasn't FF given me a DPO count?

chart
Probably because you don't have the VIP membership. It won't do that for the free membership. I would say you are 7 DPO.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Probably because you don't have the VIP membership. It won't do that for the free membership. I would say you are 7 DPO.

Thanks!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 05-31-2010, 11:27 AM

Sorry guys, I'm having trouble keeping up with everything lately.

Carrie: You have a clear temp shift and dry up. The DPO count is a paid feature. BTW, my N has the same name as your DD, minus the Cait.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 05-31-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroto42 View Post
Yeah, I get that it's considered transitional CF, and I don't consider myself to be safe when I have creamy CF. I don't use the "dry day" rule at all because of this, and I don't consider that we are safe until I've confirmed O with a temp shift.
I was mostly saying that for anyone who might read what you posted and get confused.

So, you don't have any safe days at the beginning of your cycle? I'm never dry. I go straight from to sticky, have maybe 1-2 days of creamy, then ewcf. After O, I go back to sticky, still no dry days. I use sticky as my BIP. Could you do that? I guess it would depend on how long your cycles are. Mine are long so I usually don't start worrying about being truly fertile until I get ewcf because I get a week or more of it. That can be risky but I like risky.

Mummoth ~ I was thinking, like Shannon, that maybe the s/w was relying on CF data. Since I'm not familiar with that s/w, though, I'm not sure what the CF notations mean.

AnnieA ~ Is the mucus patch rule like the 4 day dry up rule? I'm not even sure that's a "rule" in FAM. I wish I had my book to look it up. I'd buy myself a new copy but I've been on a yarn buying spree and I have to keep my priorities straight.

Beth ~ I agree with Annie. I think you could use the CF data to consider yourself safe. Your temps look steadily post-O at this point, too.

Carrie ~ I'd go with you being safe based on CF. It seems at this point, if your temps are in your normal post-O range (they're definitely in the normal post-O range), you can quit worrying about using a different thermometer and consider yourself post-O. Those temps do clearly appear biphasic.

I forgot to say anything about me. I'd just like to say that I hate being in the lp. My hormones wreak havoc on my emotions and, apparently, my sleep. I've decided to keep track of every night that I can't fall asleep at a reasonable time. I think I get insomnia during my lp.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 05-31-2010, 12:05 PM

Mummoth, yeah there's no way you've O'd yet with those temps. Don't know what the s/w is doing. What do the M and F mean under CF though? Mucus and fertile mucus??

fresh veggie, you chart does look very clear. Are your 16-day LP charts similarly clear? The only thing I've ever experienced or heard of that could dramatically and suddenly shorten your LP is dramatically increasing nursing - and that's just from personal experience. So I don't know.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 05-31-2010, 12:16 PM

Oh, yeah. I forgot to ask fresh_veggie. There's only one past chart on your homepage. If you have the free membership, you can't show more than your current chart and one past chart at a time. Your last chart does look pretty clear. How many other accurate charts do you have that show a 16 day lp?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 05-31-2010, 12:34 PM

MW: Yes, the Mucus-Patch rule is the same as the 4 day rule. Basically, if you have a patch of mucus, even just one day, and the dry-up is NOT followed by a temp shift, then you can consider yourself safe on the evening of the 4th dry day.

Oh, I didn't say anything about myself this AM. Relatively easy AF this time. Was able to handle the cramps with ibuprofen alone which was great.

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1f0436

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 05-31-2010, 02:25 PM

I am just finding my chart amusing with my temps for the past few days as they have been up and down, but the temps are very close:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2cce28
Old 05-31-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I'd just like to say that I hate being in the lp. My hormones wreak havoc on my emotions and, apparently, my sleep. I've decided to keep track of every night that I can't fall asleep at a reasonable time. I think I get insomnia during my lp.
I'm having a horrible time w/pms these past few days. I'm weepy, my face is all broken out, I'm going on chocolate binges, I'm just a mess. Insomnia isn't fun. I'm falling asleep ok but I have been waking up at odd times, even though DD is sound asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriansmummy View Post
I am just finding my chart amusing with my temps for the past few days as they have been up and down, but the temps are very close:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2cce28
Nice little zig-zag!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 05-31-2010, 03:32 PM

I didn't know that you guys couldn't see those . I have 2 very clear charts in a row with the 16 day lp, and if you piece together the bits from the charts where I was recovering from the plan b, they also show a 16 day lp. So 3, but 2 accurate. I'm new to charting, only been charting since February. I've read tcoyf. And I'm not breastfeeding , but that's good to know for future reference!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:33 PM

Issy ~ You can change the extra chart that's on your homepage. Go down to the bottom of your homepage setup page and add/delete whichever chart you want to display. If you want, you could post one chart at a time for us to look at.

OT. I just figured out that if you click on the word bubble looking thing on the top of the posting window, you get quotes wrapped around your text. All this time I've been copying and pasting one at a time.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:26 PM

fresh veggie, have you done anything else unusual this cycle? I'm intrigued by what else could cause a shortened LP.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 05-31-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
MW: Yes, the Mucus-Patch rule is the same as the 4 day rule. Basically, if you have a patch of mucus, even just one day, and the dry-up is NOT followed by a temp shift, then you can consider yourself safe on the evening of the 4th dry day. [/url]
I hope I'm being a little obsessive, but is there an outside chance that I didn't O before my body got knocked off kilter, and it's waiting to go when I get better? Or would I still be getting fertile CM (I haven't had ANY, and I haven't taken any decongestants or meds like that)? My cervix feels shut -- but I keep worrying it's wishful thinking.

Are we REALLY safe/following the rules? I keep thinking this is the kind of month that would throw us and I really don't want to screw up!
Thanks!

*BETH* mother of DD (8) and DS (6) along with 2 dogs, 2 cats and about 100 chickens
Old 05-31-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
but is there an outside chance that I didn't O before my body got knocked off kilter, and it's waiting to go when I get better?
If you don't have an accurate thermal shift, there's always a chance you didn't O. That's why the 4 day dry up rules says you are safe every other dry day. You wait for every other day to make sure semen isn't obscuring any CF. Then if at any time you notice any CF, you should consider yourself potentially fertile again.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 PM

No, I haven't done anything unusual this last cycle at all. Work, school, all my normal stuff. I can't figure out how to display a previous chart...so I deleted my current one (lol) so my last 2 show up.

charty-chart
Old 05-31-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
So, you don't have any safe days at the beginning of your cycle? I'm never dry. I go straight from to sticky, have maybe 1-2 days of creamy, then ewcf. After O, I go back to sticky, still no dry days. I use sticky as my BIP. Could you do that? I guess it would depend on how long your cycles are. Mine are long so I usually don't start worrying about being truly fertile until I get ewcf because I get a week or more of it. That can be risky but I like risky.
I don't think that I do. I remember getting sticky CF in the past -- it looked like paste in my underwear -- but that hasn't happened in months. Of course, I also haven't really had CF on my underwear since my cycle returned in 09/09. Not sure if this is a change post-bfing or a change post-IUD or a change post-artificial hormones, but I have to check internally, or I would never find anything.

When I check internally, what I find pre-O is like lotion. Soft, spreadable, peaks when you draw your fingers apart. I have that for several days, and then get to watery. My last two cycles, I've had noticeable EWCF/watery for six or seven days pre-O, which was really disconcerting, as before that, it was like two-days-BAM. After O, I get proper dry-up, and won't have much of any CF until right before AF, when it might go back to this kind of creamy, lotiony, CF. Of course, my entire cycle has shortened since pregnancy/nursing, which is weird, too. I wasn't charting before, but my cycle was around 30-34 days most of the time. Now we're in the 25-28 days area, closer to 25 or 26 sometimes. I've had some light spotting today, 9 or 10 DPO, so we'll maybe have a 25 day cycle at best? I seem to be right around an 11 day LP at this point. Borderline, but hopefully enough.

Kristine, Mom to Lucy (12/26/07), and Marion (3/16/11)

Old 05-31-2010, 11:00 PM

fresh ~ I don't really know what to tell you. The obvious answer is hormones but I don't know why your hormones would've changed. The cycle before last is a little unclear. It does look like O is probably correct but the temps are so up and down that maybe some were off somehow.

kc ~ That does sound like creamy. My sticky is weird, I think, because it's shiny and kind of slippery. The only way I can tell it's not ewcf is because it's not stretchy and I have it throughout my lp. Could you use the Doering Method that Mel was telling us about. Subtract 7 days from your earliest O and you can consider yourself safe up to that day.

One of my best friends had a baby girl today at home! She texted me while she was in labor. I was so happy for her (and maybe a little sad for myself) that I got all teared up.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 PM

awww, congrats to your friend's home birth today MW! How sweet to get a text while she was in labor!

back to

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 05-31-2010, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

The June thread can be found here

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

User Tag List